Fun with Ideal Protein Packets

You're on Page 17 of 21
Go to
  • I haven't tried the mushroom soup by itself, but wanted to get in my 2 cups of veggies with the soup so I sauteed celery and baby portabella mushrooms with garlic. Shook the IP mushroom soup and the shaker really well and then added it to my sauteed mushrooms and celery, with salt, pepper, oregano and sage.

It was so yummy! Tasted like a gourmet soup that I had spent hours cooking.
  • Hi all,
    I'm having a bit of a problem with the chili, it makes me gag. but I'm doing well other than that. Had my WI Tuesday, down4lbs. it is kind of a slow process. I'm on my 7th week, all together 11 pounds Yay.
  • Chocolate Drink Mix
    4 oz water
    dash of salt
    dash of cinammon
    2 cups spinach
    2 shots espresso
    ice

I blend everything in the Vita Mixer then add the ice for a frappacino. It's so yummy and spinach hides well in any drink because you can't really taste it, but you get a ton of nutrients and your 2 cups of veggies.

After reading more on this board, I think I might add some WF chocolate syrup for a kick though it already tastes so yummy.
  • A lot of these ideas are already this thread
    Fun With Veggie Purees
    Liz worked really hard and put a LOT Of time in to give all the recipes there

Remember there are also recipe threads (see the first post of the daily thread for the links or they are also in the stickies) which are really the best place to put recipes where everyone will be able to see them and find them again
  • Quote: I made this for lunch today and will have it more often

Mashed Cauliflower and Broccoli with Cheese sauce

1 cup leftover mashed cauliflower
    1 cup steamed broccoli (really cooked kind of mushy)
    mix broccoli and cheese soup for a thick sauce about 1/2 cup boiling water ( I used hot water and wisked it)

put broccoli and Cauliflower in a bowl, put broccoli and cheese soup over top and microwave for about 2 minutes.

It just about tastes like real cheese cauliflower.
    semi-bump for the thread, and a definite THANK YOU for this post. I have so many broc/cheese packets that I can't stand to eat by themselves but I need to finish them.. This saved my life. I didn't have any broccoli so I used 2 cups mashed cauli. While boiling the cauli, I started water on medium on the stove, and cooked on low after I added the packet. It made a really thick sauce (if you can call it sauce... very thick!) and then mixed with my finished mashed cauli.

yum!
  • Bump
  • Quote: I made this for lunch today and will have it more often

Mashed Cauliflower and Broccoli with Cheese sauce

1 cup leftover mashed cauliflower
    1 cup steamed broccoli (really cooked kind of mushy)
    mix broccoli and cheese soup for a thick sauce about 1/2 cup boiling water ( I used hot water and wisked it)

put broccoli and Cauliflower in a bowl, put broccoli and cheese soup over top and microwave for about 2 minutes.

It just about tastes like real cheese cauliflower.
    I hadn't seen this before, but this has become a fairly frequent lunch option for me. Love it!
  • bump
  • bump
  • Where can I purchase walden farm products? Also, what are we aloud to use from them.
  • Quote: Where can I purchase walden farm products? Also, what are we aloud to use from them.
    Some grocery stores carry them but I found Netrition.com to be the best place to order from. They are much cheaper than in the stores and flat-rate shipping is $4.95. I order many bottles at one time so I end up saving money!

You can use the dressings on salads, veggies, marinades for your meat, etc.

I like the caramel syrup in my coffee and I make a homemade sugar-free terriyaki sauce from soy sauce, the pancake syrup, garlic, ginger and mustard powders.
  • Amberjules I tried your mushroom soup recipe & was pleasantly surprised that I liked it.
  • Does anyone have good non-meat/poultry dinner options for Phase 1? I eat fish and eggs, so I've been eating them (and shrimp), but I don't eat meat or poultry and I'm getting a little sick of fish. It's only been about two weeks and I don't want to fall off the wagon. Plus I'm nervous for Phase Two - I know I won't be able to have fish twice a day!
  • Quote:
    I make a homemade sugar-free terriyaki sauce from soy sauce, the pancake syrup, garlic, ginger and mustard powders.
    What proportions of each ingredient do you use for your teriyaki sauce (approximately)? I definitely miss teriyaki, and I have a sugar-free/low carb one that I've used in the past, but it's not 0/0/0 so not IP approved.
  • Quote: What proportions of each ingredient do you use for your teriyaki sauce (approximately)? I definitely miss teriyaki, and I have a sugar-free/low carb one that I've used in the past, but it's not 0/0/0 so not IP approved.
    I'm not exactly sure because I was definitely "eyeballing" it but maybe a 2:1 ratio of soy sauce to WF pancake syrup, then just a sprinkling of ginger, garlic and mustard powders.

Sorry!