Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 02:27 PM   #31  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Hi Marilyn, I don't know whether or not this will help, but if you need another point of comparison I'm 5'4", too, and I set a weight goal for the mid-30s even though I know it should be lower because I'm pretty fine boned. Maybe that weight is a green-eyed thing?
You're right now almost 160, so if you were Marilyn you'd be SOOOOO happy. Of course, as we've seen on this forum many times, as people approach their goal weights many of them decide to go lower!

By the way, I love your green eyes!
Old 09-06-2010, 02:32 PM   #32  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
Wyoangel, I noticed on Sunday's chat you were sick after eating eggs. There is a recall on a lot of eggs because of salmonella. It has been traced back to a feed source here in Iowa but the eggs were transported to a lot different areas. They should have been removed from shelves but that doesn't been they got them all. Just a thought. May not have anything to do with you getting sick. Hope you are feeling better.
Good point! I forgot about that. I buy my eggs locally from a farmer at the farmers market so, it hasn't been an issue for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
LOL I just saw this! Thank you for the sweet words! I only took that picture to show my facebook friends that I was out of the house!
I really love your new picture! You look so "bright" and happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristiv88 View Post
Does anyone have any recommendations for salsa? I have looked in the stores and I've only seen some that have 1 Carb and 1 Sugar. I'm just looking for a good option for making a taco salad.

Thanks in advance!
My only suggestion is like I'm Svelting, make it from scratch. Honestly, you can still only use a little. Any recipe that serves 4 and is made with 3 tomatoes and 1 onion plus herbs and spices will have 6 to 9 carbs per serving... so portion control is key. Just remember to count the salsa as part of your vegetable and not as a condiment. You can have 2 cups of veggies at a meal. You are allowed raw onion and up to a max of 2 cups of tomato per week IF you have NO other occasional veggies that week. I would say, be conservative have a reasonable (1/2cup or so) portion of salsa that is freshly made and you should be ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
Just wanted to say hello and happy labor day!

My cousin gave birth to twins Thursday night so I spent most of the weekend from that point on at the hospital. I'm sad to admit this but I missed my scale, lol. I'm currently at my parents' house but looking forward to weighing in when I return to my brother's house this evening.

Now for the good news... I went to a few stores on Saturday and I am firmly in the misses department now instead of plus. I bought an XL dress from Kohl's and the size 16 jeans fit, although they were way too long.
Congratulations on the new babies in the family!

ALSO, nice work getting in to the size 16! Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Have you thought of making your own? Tomatoes and onions are restricted veggies, peppers could be gently cooked, vinegar and hot sauce are condiments on the IP acceptable list.

I returned from a nice visit with my parents. My mother was very interested in my eating plan. I've found a way to talk about IP that doesn't freak people out: "It's a low-fat, low-carb, adequate protein diet. To get enough protein quickly and conveniently, I use a variety of protein powder mixes." My parents couldn't have been more accommodating, including a trip to the farmers market for veggies for dinner. Although I passed on the breads and "treats," which were plentiful, I did go off plan with some yummy 1" thick lamb chops and I had a sip each night of my sweetheart's wine. The nice thing about taking a sip of the wine was that I made sure to savour every millilitre.
I agree, homemade salsa is the key! I like a pico de gallo style with fresh tomatoes, onion, cilantro, serrano chili (seeded), lime, garlic clove, salt, and pepper.

I am so happy that your family was supportive. That does make things easier. My dad is the same way, very willing to take me to the farmers market or local grocery as soon as I get to his place. I like having that support. Even when we go to eat, because they understand, there is no issue about "you should try this". I am so glad you found your family was willing to support your journey and efforts.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:39 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal88 View Post
I just found this site a few days ago, although 1 started the program on July 26. It's great to have this source of information, as the "coach" is an employee at the doctor's office who weighs us (me and my husband) and fills our food order. So far she hasn't been able to answer one of my questions, so I have stopped asking.
Now I have a question for you. Has IP discontinued the Strawberry Pudding mix? I see it on their website, but was told by the "coach" that the company isn't shipping it anymore. She doesn't restrict our choices, so I know it's not because she doesn't think we should have it.
It is one of the products that is being reformulated. If a clinic didn't have enough orders in or wasn't stocked up, they MIGHT not have any or be able to get more right now.

ACTUALLY, it seems many of the products are going to be reformulated. The reason, Ideal Protein is trying to make an even higher quality protein product. So far they have worked on vanilla RTD, chocolate RTD, strawberry, mango peach, blueberry, and eggs. That is all I have been advised so far. If you get a batch of the new product you may find it doesn't mix well in cold water and may be a bit clumpy. It is best to mix in room temp water and then chill. The reason is the protein is of a MUCH higher grade.

The strawberry is one of the new flavors/products so, I don't think it will be discontinued soon.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:44 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I really love your new picture! You look so "bright" and happy.
LOL, yes, I do find myself wearing "brighter" clothes these days. Gone are the days of black or brown everyday. And I was so happy in that picture, as I hadn't left the house since coming home from work on Thursday, and I was finally out of the house (it was yesterday noonish)...
Old 09-06-2010, 02:48 PM   #35  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Ok....just scoured the recipe forums....no go for what I'm looking for....

I want to have the IP Pina Colada Shake for lunch...but was going to blend it with ice. Anyone have any suggestions for suitable add-ins or such to make it super yummy?
Old 09-06-2010, 02:48 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
LOL, yes, I do find myself wearing "brighter" clothes these days. Gone are the days of black or brown everyday. And I was so happy in that picture, as I hadn't left the house since coming home from work on Thursday, and I was finally out of the house (it was yesterday noonish)...

OH MAN! I would go crazy to be stuck in a house for days! How did you manage???
Old 09-06-2010, 03:15 PM   #37  

OK! I am off... I mean off the computer and out to enjoy the day. I hope everyone has a great labor day!

Old 09-06-2010, 03:19 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
OK! I am off... I mean off the computer and out to enjoy the day. I hope everyone has a great labor day!

DITTO!!! Going out on the boat if the weather will cooperate. See you all either later tonight or tomorrow!
Old 09-06-2010, 03:21 PM   #39  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Next question....squash is out....does this include all versions? Including spaghetti squash? It seems more like a zucchini than an actual squash. Anyone know???
Old 09-06-2010, 03:45 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Next question....squash is out....does this include all versions? Including spaghetti squash? It seems more like a zucchini than an actual squash. Anyone know???
Why don't you compare the nutritional details for zucchini and spaghetti squash? Here are two websites that others on the board use.

One reason why the experienced IPrs refer each other and newbies to read threads set up to address typical questions:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Eleven pages of good advice, good questions, and chatter, which you can ignore. Wouldn't you be disappointed if it were only one? One of the good things about all that information, at least for me, is that occasionally someone asks a question I would never have though of but realize I need to know the answer.
Great point Linden

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-06-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:47 PM   #41  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

The pina colada shake is absolutely fantastic by itself, but yes, you could definitely throw some ice in the blender and make it more cocktail-ish.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:48 PM   #42  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Here's the basic information for spaghetti squash, 100 grams:

Energy kcal 31

Protein g 0.64

Total lipid (fat) g 0.57

Carbohydrate, by difference g 6.91

Here is the same information for zucchini:
Energy kcal 17

Protein g 1.21

Total lipid (fat) g 0.32

Carbohydrate g 3.11

Zucchini sure looks better by comparison.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:53 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Thank you Linden and Carla for the info about the Strawberry Pudding.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #44  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

I asked about Spaghetti sqaush on my initial visit.. she said it was not approved. I went shopping today and was shocked to see how big the green peppers are right now and super cheap!
Old 09-06-2010, 04:40 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 201.5/171.5/140?

Okay, I haven't caught up on posts yet, but hopefully I'll get there today.

I made it through the weekend, including a family gathering celebrating a wedding anniversary that had several bowls of chips/snacks on every table. And fantastic looking homemade salads by my aunts and cousins. I stuck to the meat and raw broccoli and cauliflower, no dip. I did have two restricted packages when I got home, but compared to what I wanted to eat, I figured that was pretty good. Wonderful NSV though, I hadn't seen my family for a while and had 2 people notice and compliment me on my weight loss. And with both it was more of a statement then a question. I said when I was talking to my aunt that I wasn't sure if it was noticeable and she said something like 'oh yes, you've lost a lot'. Although it makes me wonder how bad I looked before, it does feel encouraging that people have noticed.

Todays challange: my in-laws just returned from their annual trip to Europe and brought back chocolate. Very expensive and incredibly delicious (I know from previous years) chocolate. I've put it in ziplock bags and I may have my hubby hide it on me, then I'll have it when I finish this diet (if it's still good). I remember from reading Dr. Trans book that he said a little chocolate in the afternoon is fine (on maintainence). Funny how I remember that part...

So I had the chocolate drink for lunch with 2 shots of expresso, doesn't even compare, but I'd like to make it to the 20lbs by Halloween and one cheat just leads to another. So here's to chocolate drinks and puddings

Hope you're all having a great holiday!
Closed Thread