Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 04:59 PM   #76  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Height: 5'9"

Thank you Svelting. I've waited 10 years to be able to say onederland. I'm just so happy!

Frustrating though because not many people are noticing the 37lb loss. They keep commenting on my hair. My hair hasn't changed, it's the rest of my body that's different.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:04 PM   #77  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
I've been doing something that might seem a little silly -- pretending I'm teaching somebody how to use them or leading a class... I say things outloud, like "keep your abs & glutes tight" or "back straight, don't arch"..
This sounds eminently reasonable (for someone who is both co-ordinated and has a short term memory.) Ignore that.

I really admire what you've done.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #78  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by natchamp View Post
Thank you Svelting. Frustrating though because not many people are noticing the 37lb loss. They keep commenting on my hair. My hair hasn't changed, it's the rest of my body that's different.
That's so funny. Somebody asked me the other day if I had new glasses. Translate, you're face is thinner?
Old 09-03-2010, 05:07 PM   #79  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Thank you Svelting. I've waited 10 years to be able to say onederland. I'm just so happy!

Frustrating though because not many people are noticing the 37lb loss. They keep commenting on my hair. My hair hasn't changed, it's the rest of my body that's different.
Congrats!

And don't be frustrated that people are too focused on other things to notice. Some of the body changes will come near the end, and then it will seem to everyone that you lost weight very suddenly. That's when folks may start to wonder if you've been sick... and those people won't speak up, because they don't want to be inappropriate. But at one point, it will be undeniable, and the big smile on your face as you enjoy the new body in the new clothes will make quite a statement. After that, you'll almost get sick of all the compliments... but not quite.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:08 PM   #80  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Quote:

Whhooopp whhooopppp, onelander
Maybe if you cut your hair they will notice your weight loss, just teasing I think I had to lose about 40 before anyone said anything, often times they are not sure so they figure better to say nothing than to offend.... but I am here to say you look fantastic, good job!
Old 09-03-2010, 05:11 PM   #81  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
Whhooopp whhooopppp, onelander
Maybe if you cut your hair they will notice your weight loss, just teasing I think I had to lose about 40 before anyone said anything, often times they are not sure so they figure better to say nothing than to offend.... but I am here to say you look fantastic, good job!
How can you tell what she looks like? All I see is a baby chicken...
Old 09-03-2010, 05:14 PM   #82  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
nah he will bring Jello... after all "it tastes like steak" ;-)
I said it's like eating a steak. A wiggly, jiggly steak. An artificially sweet raspberry steak with a hint of red beet flavor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Salesgod, I'm svelting, novak & WannabeIP You guys crack me up
I love reading your banter!!
The word banter is reserved for bra-fitting discussions. This is called persiflage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstina View Post
Salesgod - Thanks for keeping it interesting around here with a little testosterone!
There's not nearly enough testosterone around here! But judging by my balding head, I've got more than a little...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
whoops!!! that is what I get for typing on Friday. Forgive me Speedo King
All is forgiven. Gods are better at forgiveness than Kings. Luckily, I'm dual-qualified!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
I promise I won't redirect you to the main chat thread.

Nicely played ladies!
What a swell gesture. I'm glad you're willing to keep me around (though I was looking into discrimination claims regarding men in Speedos!).
Old 09-03-2010, 05:17 PM   #83  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
How can you tell what she looks like? All I see is a baby chicken...
But a fantastic looking baby chicken..... cant you see the 35 she has lost... come-on really .... your working to hard Novak

Last edited by WannabeIP; 09-03-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:27 PM   #84  
Started IP 6/23/10

per·si·flage
–noun
1. light, bantering talk or writing.
2. a frivolous or flippant style of treating a subject.

—Synonyms
1. banter, badinage, jesting.

Because inquiring minds want to know.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:31 PM   #85  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
But a fantastic looking baby chicken..... cant you see the 35 she has lost... come-on really .... your working to hard Novak
Quote:
per·si·flage
–noun

—Synonyms

And she is more than justa pretty chicky, smart too!!!

Last edited by WannabeIP; 09-03-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:36 PM   #86  
Started IP 6/23/10

Perhaps one of these days I will post before and after shots. I'm shy about posting my picture on the web. I'll probably do something irritating like cut off my head or censor my eyes.:P
Old 09-03-2010, 05:43 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
ONEDERLAND!
ONEDERLAND!!! Fantastic!!!
Old 09-03-2010, 06:02 PM   #88  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
per·si·flage
–noun

—Synonyms

Either you're a walking, talking dictionary or you looked it up. Either way, thanks for sharing with everyone else.

I've always liked that word ever since I had to spell it to win the 4th grade spelling bee. There I was, in nothing but a Spiderman Speedo, round after round, never misspelling a word. Not even persiflage. It was amazing. I was state champ! True story*

*Not a true story

Last edited by salesgod; 09-03-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:28 PM   #89  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
I'm svelting - 65 lbs lost -- and only 12.9 lbs to go to a healthy BMI. (5 lbs lower than my wedding day 26 years ago)
Woo hooo--65 lbs!! Can't quite believe it!
WOW 65 lbs! I'm 1/2 a pound away from 50, so I can't wait to get to 65! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDWS View Post
I am so discouraged! I am doing IP with a gf and we had weigh in today...I lost 3 lbs she lost 6 AND ....
SHE CHEATED AT LERAST THREE TIMES!!!!
I am weighing and following to the letter she is not and cheating and she lost twice as much as me...my coach was so not helpful..."everyone is different" is all she said!
HELP!
Don't let this get to you. I've had people smoke me on this plan, but I'm not living THEIR plan, nor their lives, so I'm just staying focused on my plan and life. You're doing GREAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstina View Post
Kelsey - Hope you're feeling better! Thinking of you!

Wishing everyone a great Labour Day long weekend!!
Thank you (and all of the others who have wished me well the past few days!). I'm feeling a bit better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
It was amazing. I was state champ! True story*

*Not a true story
Too funny!

OKAY, so nurse called today. TSH level is 3.7, and all other results are in normal range. However, my bad cholesterol is up, and good cholesterol is down, so the dr would like for me to start taking 1000 mg of fish oil 2 times a day, and start exercising. I TAKE 4000 mg - you nincompoop. Oh so much for them. sigh...

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone. I hope you do something fun.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:02 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Good Morning Chicks!!!

Well I had my 1st "cheating" dream last night and it was so real when I woke up this morning I checked the kitchen to see if chips and dip containers were on the counter!!! Oh Boy...scared me for awhile there..
Can I just say, those cheating dreams seem so real...in mine I had a burger, fries and a beer. I decided that's going to be my first cheat day when I get to goal...just so I can make the dream reality!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
OMG!!!!! HELP! One of my students brought cupcakes for her birthday....and mine (5th/6th)........when I was heating up my soup for lunch it was all I could do to NOT stick my finger in the frosting!

ADVICE on getting through your birthday and NOT cheating????!!!! I'm only 3 days in and can't get sidetracked!!!!!
I had just started when I had my birthday, too. I know how you feel. I decided that I was going to get through this without cheating because 1. Red Velvet cake can always be had no matter when my birthday is and 2. for once, i was going to do something correctly, from start to finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
Jessica, Makeitmatter and others,

Those of us posting/reading in the Our Daily Food Journal thread would be ecstatic if you could start posting what you're consuming.
I will starting with this Sunday! I thought about it at the beginning, but then didn't when it started. I'm really at a loss though; I'm not sure it's anything I did. Here's the deal: I've been following the protocal nearly exactly for 17 weeks. Some weeks I was angelic with my measures and lost nothing, most of the time I lost around 2-3 pounds. This past two weeks I traveled twice, bringing my IP food with me (good); ate an extra egg when I was hungry ( sort of bad); and even had 5 packets one day, one of them a bar, because I was out and so hungry it was the only thing I could do to keep from eating my hand (very bad and I'm not sure the protein content of a hand). Honestly, I know Novak and others say it all the time -- but follow protocol and it works.

Now, I'm fully prepared to lose nothing this coming week, because I seem to be that sort of loser (pun intended) ...

I'm 2.8 pounds away from my first goal when I started...and am going to change the goal on my ticker, etc. I could be going into phase 2 and have big breakfasts on the horizon, but I'm doing it, and I might as well get to that elusive college weight...or close to it!
Closed Thread