Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 06:12 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Thursday 9/02/2010

Post your introductions and questions here!

Regular and return chatters, on your marks, get set, and .......GO!

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Alternatives to IP Packets, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
Bookmark it! Make it a Favorite! Your BEST source of Ideal Protein Information - Our Forum

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures: The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions: Forum help board

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. I posted about it in Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!
Old 09-02-2010, 06:21 AM   #2  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

What? No recap?????
Old 09-02-2010, 06:28 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
What? No recap?????
Patience, yoda, patience. Or you know, um, you've got eyes, reading and writing skills.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-02-2010 at 06:34 AM. Reason: kick up the cheekiness
Old 09-02-2010, 06:32 AM   #4  

overnight -- well for me it was -- in the Wednesday thread

-
talk of a new challenge, JourneysEnd, started one for 20 lbs to Hallowe'en
- candace5 shared about her 17 pound loss so far
- brendaleeg asked about what happens with her food choices after the 1st 2 weeks of IP
- Emma Jayne is well prepared for a change in her routine
- the yellow lab owner's club exchanged pictures (dodomommy and HopefulTricia)
- wyoangel started IP and joined the forum yesterday and found out that a friend will be doing IP with her
- MotherDuckMJ created a WHOLE new context for those increased number of bathroom trips, and posted a great answer to meandmax's question about adjusting to the IP program
- WyoSun and Linden played the usual stellar roles in encouraging IPrs new and old

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-02-2010 at 06:59 AM.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:46 AM   #5  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Patience, yoda, patience. Or you know, um, you've got eyes, reading and writing skills.
Spoiled us, you have.

What I'm lacking these days is time... booted up to acting Director, and doing two jobs. That's what I get for having all those skills.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:05 AM   #6  
Tee

S/C/G: 172/172/107

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning!

I was bad yesterday. I didn't get in dinner. I did manage to eat about a cup of celery and my last shake but not actual dinner.

My schedule was crazy! Work until 4:30 pick up DD & DS go to chiropractor(yes this is daily, I was in a 5k in June and was hit by a car, I am lucky to be alive Then my DD had guitar lessons and homework up the kazoo. It was 10:30 before my DD went to bed and I had homework of my own to do.

On a good note: My Sis is going to to start IP! I told her I had some old clothes for her and she decided she needed to keep up with me. We have a friendly competition between ourselves.........but so far I'M WINNING!

We will be the2skinnysisters

Love it!!
Old 09-02-2010, 07:06 AM   #7  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

MotherDuckMJ and others just beginning this journey-- I started out pretty strong during week one, went to Napa Valley and stayed on the plan during week two and then at week three was so weak I could barely get through the day. There are peaks and valleys as you move along-- for my body, I was asking it to change dramatically. It had to be saying-- where's the sugar and what about some crusty bread?? You will be tempted like crazy and for some unknown reason, most of the time you will overcome it (unlike other diets we have all done). Maybe it's the yummy bars or my personal favorite, the ready made vanilla drinks that are so hard to find right now or just that you aren't so ridicuously hungry on IP. So the hardest days are still a little easier and the more success you have, the more success you will have. Do you know what I mean? As you see the scale move down it's the best motivation in the world. Plus all of those other things we talk about like getting to wear some beautiful clothes and having so many more choices of them. Getting a bit more attention - we all know that the overweight tend to be a little ignored. Anyway, my point is. They are not all good days. I felt pretty lousy for awhile and then suddenly snapped out of it. The energy thing continues to be a problem some times--but just wait until you see how much easier it is to move and walk when you aren't carrying a dog around with you! My dog weighs 55 lbs and I can't lift her for more than a second but I carried that and more. Enjoy the journey and keep dreaming of all you will do at your new weight... pretty exciting, isn't it??
Old 09-02-2010, 07:07 AM   #8  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Good morning everyone!! Just popping in quickly while Brandon is still sleeping. Having a WONDERFUL time so far!! Brandon was really shocked when he saw me and ran up to me and picked me right up off the ground. He said that he was expecting that I would have only lost maybe 10-15 lbs! There was also a comment made about rather than me getting a new vehicle, I am getting a boob job instead. Haha!! I even wore my most padded bra AND the dress I wore had padding!

He told me to buy new pants because mine were so baggy that I looked like I was homeless.. So, shopping yesterday gave me two great NSVs... Large t-shirts were too big so I got medium, and I tried on a size 34 jeans and they fit, no MT!

Also, he kept saying "Babe, you are SOO tiny!" Having a great time, I will try to stop in sometime soon. Hope everyone has great weigh-ins this week! I always weigh lighter on my parents scale, so I will try my sisters this afternoon when we go down to her house. Talk to you all soon!!!

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 09-02-2010 at 07:11 AM.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:21 AM   #9  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all!!! Okay! DAY 2.....lunch is packed for work...just waiting on coffee before I hit the road! Motivation, motivation, motivation!

Wyosun....yes, mam....from Upton originally. Lol! Neighbors!
Old 09-02-2010, 09:04 AM   #10  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

I have seen it mentioned that some people use the soups for sauces with meats and such and I'm wondering how you do that without going over on protein? I would love to make a modified beef stroganoff with the mushroom soup mix, but I also don't want to eat too much. Do you just cut the quantity of meat and split the packet or what?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-02-2010, 09:05 AM   #11  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning everyone!! Just popping in quickly while Brandon is still sleeping. Having a WONDERFUL time so far!! Brandon was really shocked when he saw me and ran up to me and picked me right up off the ground. He said that he was expecting that I would have only lost maybe 10-15 lbs! There was also a comment made about rather than me getting a new vehicle, I am getting a boob job instead. Haha!! I even wore my most padded bra AND the dress I wore had padding!

He told me to buy new pants because mine were so baggy that I looked like I was homeless.. So, shopping yesterday gave me two great NSVs... Large t-shirts were too big so I got medium, and I tried on a size 34 jeans and they fit, no MT!

Also, he kept saying "Babe, you are SOO tiny!" Having a great time, I will try to stop in sometime soon. Hope everyone has great weigh-ins this week! I always weigh lighter on my parents scale, so I will try my sisters this afternoon when we go down to her house. Talk to you all soon!!!
I am so happy that you took a minute to post! Wow what a great welcoming!!! You Go Girl!! ( I loved the 'babe, your so tiny!") I am so very happy for you both!!!

Congrats on ALL the weight losses and NSV's..

I am thrilled that I will complete the 20 pound challenge by sept 6, my scale moved down another 1/2 pound.. I'm in for any kind of weight loss challenge you all decide!!! It's a motivator!!

I'll post tonight after work + my neurologist appt, if he notices my weight loss.. he certainly always noticed my gains!!!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 09:20 AM   #12  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post

I'm so happy your reunion went so well! Not that he would act any different, we all knew that! It is nice to have your loved ones so proud of you and encouraging. I have that in my husband as well.

This forum is hopping with new people. Please feel free to continue to ask your questions. You might get some conflicting answers because some coaches approach the diet differently, or some of us have learned the hard way to avoid or add certain things. The first thing is to listen to your coach who is reading your chart and your logs weekly, we do not have access to all of that here. This diet does work differently for everyone and we all lose at a different pace and we all have different ketosis thresholds and sensitivities.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

shrinkingsusie I am so glad you are having a wonderful time with your hunny!! He must be so proud of you You go gir!!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 09:44 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Evil Bars!!

Well I had a Raspberry Choco IP bar yesterday and gained 1 lb. but was a crazy day, didn't drink all my water or eat all my veggies....crazy but have to eat EVERYTHING you are supposed to on this eating plan for it to work!!!

Have a great day chicks!!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 09:47 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Default Two Days and Counting

Good Morning All,
I will start the IP diet on Saturday. I am very exciting!! This forum offers so much support and inspiration. I really liked looking through the recipes. I found so many appetizing ones. I thought I would be stuck eating boring broccoli and lettuce for the next few months. I am hopeful that I will finally reach my goal to be slim and healthy
Melanie
Closed Thread