3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Wednesday 9/01/2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/211464-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-9-01-2010-a.html)

Aunt Sheshie 09-01-2010 06:20 PM

I was in GNC today, buying my whey protein powder for the month, & asked the young man working there what I could do about this skin that seems to be looking a bit loose... he said take fish oil & CLA... at least 1000 milligrams of fish oil per day & 3500 milligrams of CLA... Googling confirms what he told me... so, not only is fish oil good for our cardiovascular health, it's good for our appearance too!..

BTW, it's Gold Card Week at GNC, 20% off in addition to any sale price... the whey protein was Buy-One-Get-One-for-Half-Price... a great time to buy it...

hugs :hug:

lilblackdress 09-01-2010 06:21 PM

Interesting day today...Not so long ago, pre IP I remember comparing jeans to try to figure out which one would fit me better because they were bigger. Today, 6 1/2wks in to IP, I'm comparing jeans to figure out which one is smaller because they are all too big! I celebrated reaching 30lb loss (unofficially) this morning by going out and buying a really nice bike. I used to ride my bike 20 miles per day and then sold it 8 years ago when I gave up that I would ever lose weight again. Look out trails...here I come.:dancer:

I don't post alot but I read all of the posts and you all keep me going and entertained as of late! Congratulations for all of the NSV's and the weight loss. What an amazing group of committed folks. You are all inspiring.

Sorry to hear some of you are not feeling so well and that some have suffered recent loss. Losing a dear friend or family member is very painful. Hang in there and keep following plan. We've all learned that food doesn't solve the emotional pain.

Welcome to all of the new folks. This is a great plan and so far very easy to follow. I'm going away for the Labor Day weekend tomorrow night but I have a good plan in place so I expect to come back a pound or two lighter! When have I ever said that on a holiday weekend:D

OnMyWayForGood 09-01-2010 06:36 PM

So, I started on July 12, and the 20 lbs by Labor Day had already started.

What's going to be the next goal? I'm anxious to gear up for a great mini-goal! (other than the ones I've already set for myself!)

Rocky Monarch 09-01-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leilousha (Post 3462863)
It's not too bad, but I feel like im going to have trouble eating their food, like the spaghetti was horrible! The bars are not too bad. This stuff is pretty expensive, are there any suggestions on whether I could buy them elsewhere, for cheaper?? Any tips for beginners :) ?

hi Leilousha and WELCOME! :D

Like you, I had a real problem with the flavors...I can tell you that after a week or so you get used to it, and after 2-3 weeks you will actually LIKE some of them--I know it's hard to believe now!

As a caution: as damgi already mentioned, there is a lot of discussion about whether the first weeks of IP should include any restricted items at all. And the protocol sheet does specifically say not more than 1 restricted IP item a day in Phase I. Both spaghetti and bars are restricted--so you may be taking in too many carbs to get into ketosis.

A lot of folks on this board (like me) have found that even one restricted item a day significantly slowed them down, others have found it has no impact. It depends on your own sensitivity. I think most folks here agree a good way to start is no restricteds for a couple weeks until you get a "baseline" of how your body is doing and what kind of losses to look for, then try introducing restricteds and see if that slows you down. In any case, you need to stay below 30 total carbs per day (that is for your IP packs and your veggies combined). The restricteds are all (I believe) 15 or more. So eating 2 in one day is definitely going to kick you out (or keep you out) of ketosis.

check out the IP board home page for links to lots of topics, including alternative products that are cheaper
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahs1976 (Post 3463162)
Can someone tell me if I should start this diet when I am trying to get pregnant? I need to lose about 30-35 pounds, I am very active just have poor eating habits. I'm afraid this diet might mess with my hormones or that I won't have enough energy to work out 4-5 x a week.
Thanks in advance (and sorry if this is the wrong forum- I am new and I really have no idea where to ask this)

Wellll, you should ask Jordana ;) (after trying for several years, she is now happily pregnant with a surprise IP baby):carrot:. There is a lot of anecdotal evidence for "IP babies", because the combination of burning fat and eating soy kicks up your estrogen. Yes, it will mess with your hormones and will probably throw your TOM out of whack.

Energy: most people have plenty, but it can take a few weeks to feel it. BUT most coaches will tell you not to work out AT ALL for the first 2 weeks--you are NOT getting enough calories and if you work out your body will go after your muscle instead of fat. After the first few weeks nce you have had some time to adjust, you can work out, but generally need to keep your heart rate down (walking is good, weight training is good). Exercising too hard may SLOW your weight loss.

Be sure to check out the Exercise thread on the IP board. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-exercise.html

makeitmatter 09-01-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie (Post 3463091)
Back from my weekend in Colorado, doing trail work on the Continental Divide Trail...

I never could've done it without losing weight & getting in shape with the exercise I've done since starting IP... this is the most wonderful diet EVER!!!.. I'm re-starting Phase 1 Boot Camp today... the CDTA camp chefs didn't exactly follow IP protocol, so I've got some repair work of my own to do!..

Welcome home Aunt Sheshie! Simple put: you are an INSPIRATION!

makeitmatter 09-01-2010 07:04 PM

QUOTE=Sweetstina;3463166]Happy to report that I weighed in tonight at 142.6...down 2.2 lbs! With only 2.4 lbs left to go to reach my goal, I've decided to move on to Phase 2 starting tomorrow. :D

Huge congrats to all those who have conquered the challenge!! :cheer:[/QUOTE]

WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! Congratulations Christina!!!!

Journeysend 09-01-2010 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leilousha (Post 3462863)
Hi all!!

Today is my first day on the program! It's not too bad, but I feel like im going to have trouble eating their food, like the spaghetti was horrible! The bars are not too bad. This stuff is pretty expensive, are there any suggestions on whether I could buy them elsewhere, for cheaper?? Any tips for beginners :) ?

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-re.../178/138//.png

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becca7 (Post 3463015)
My reccomendation for Tea is Mighty Leaf, I've even seen it in Target when I've been down there. African Nectar (a rooibus tea) is my favorite. They're a little more expensive but very worth it.

If someone out there is needing to encourage themselves, I did this before and it was a nice little boost. Take a measuing tape if you have one, and instead of measuring your current size, hold the tape at what your starting number was. I did this with my thigh measurement and it was so encouraging to see what size my thigh had been, compared to what it had shrunk to. I know my pants fit differently, but the visual was just really good.

BECCA How funny is this??? My daughter and I just did the tape measure thing this afternoon!! It really opens your eyes to exactly how much the inches lost really mean!! I think everyone should do this every month or so!!! A real inspirational time ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie (Post 3463091)
Back from my weekend in Colorado, doing trail work on the Continental Divide Trail... we camped at about 10,000 ft. & worked between that & 10,800 ft... it was one of the most exciting, exhilarating, & satisfying experiences of my life!.. the project was to build turnpikes in the trail where there were previously mudholes, plus we fixed a bunch of places along the trail for water to run off... there was a lot involved in building a turnpike... we hauled about 30 wheelbarrow loads of rocks down from about 500 feet higher on the mountain, sizes ranged from football-size down to golfball-size, then had to dig the dirt even higher up on the mountain, about 1000 feet above the project, & that took at least twice as many wheelbarrow loads... the soil had to be mineral soil with no organic material in it so it'd compact better, & evidently that's not found in the lower areas... organic soil tends to stay spongy... plus, there was cutting down the trees & stripping the bark off... we actually built 2 turnpikes, but the second one was only one log long instead of 2... each log was about 17 feet long & they were laid down along each side of the trail, then we filled in between the logs with rocks, then topped those with soil... I didn't do the tree part, but I did a little of everything else... the work never really made me tired, but I always got out of breath hiking up the hill... but so did everybody else, so I didn't feel too out of shape... we had a crew of 25 people, about evenly split between men & women... ages ranged from early 20s to over 65, so I wasn't the oldest one in the group...

The Continental Divide Trail Alliance is an amazing organization... if any of you think you might want to work on a project with them next year, just Google "CDTA".. they'll put up the new projects on the website in February 2011...

I never could've done it without losing weight & getting in shape with the exercise I've done since starting IP... this is the most wonderful diet EVER!!!.. I'm re-starting Phase 1 Boot Camp today... the CDTA camp chefs didn't exactly follow IP protocol, so I've got some repair work of my own to do!..

I missed y'all... howdy & welcome to all the new folks!..

Aunt Sheshie
WOW that was quite a holiday!!! Good for you:hug::)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindystellrecht (Post 3463196)
yay me! Down 4 lbs and 3 more inches at weigh in today:carrot:

:cheer3::cheer3::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Good for you!!!

Journeysend 09-01-2010 07:22 PM

New Challenge

I was thinking of 20 lbs to Hallowe'en??? that would be 8 weeks from Labour Day. I like the challenges, kind of keep me on track.:o:o:dizzy:

Journeysend 09-01-2010 07:27 PM

Big Mac In A Bowl

Just finished having Big Mac in a Bowl, YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY

For all the new chicks, please check out the recipe sticky, there are some really good ones there!!!:)

Starrfish23 09-01-2010 07:49 PM

Ok weigh in was good! 3.1 pounds for Week 2! 3% Body Fat in 2 weeks. So a total of 7.5 pounds in two weeks. I was hoping for more, but Coach says it is great!

iowahawkeyemom 09-01-2010 07:55 PM

I had my first weigh in today. Down 7 pounds! So excited! Also lost 1 1/2 inches from my arms, waist 2, and hips 2 for a total of 5 1/2 inches.

AuzzieDee 09-01-2010 08:10 PM

I would LOVE to join the next challenge, count me in!!!

iowahawkeyemom 09-01-2010 08:15 PM

I want to be in the challenge also!

wyoangel 09-01-2010 08:23 PM

Hello all....well, I started IP TODAY! My aunt (a PAC) is doing it and is recommending it to her patients....so, here I am. Well, I have peed more today than I normally do in 3 days! Lol! And I have a fuzzy feeling tonight....thinking that is a good thing, however I don't like it much.

I have a question....I have always been vitamin intolerant. I mean, I can take multivitamins with or without food and still feel the urge to vomit them back up. Anyone else suffer from this?!?!? I am forcing myself through the urges so that I can stay healthy...but UCK!

Looking forward to hearing from you all! Congrats on YOUR weight losses! Hope to join in the celebration myself!

floradeluna 09-01-2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 3463141)
I was told no, and one of the sheets my coach sent says no. So I guess it's no. BUT you can use apple cider vinegar. That works for me, but I like lemony, vinegary tastes. Thanks for the recipe.

humm I need to check with my coach coz that is what I have been unsing for the past 3 weeks...so far so good but I don't want that to slow down the process in the long run!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuzzieDee (Post 3463344)
I would LOVE to join the next challenge, count me in!!!

Me too me too!!! Halloween sounds good...:)-20 lbs for Halloween! :)

NSV - tried on a dress I bought months ago that didnt fit me at all and now I can almost zip it completely...:)