Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 10:52 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietfrenzy View Post
I also had low Vit D levels a couple of months ago. Now they are in the normal range after taking 5000 IU a day for 7 weeks. Now that my level is in the normal range, my doc recommended not to take more than 800-1000 IU a day of Vit D.

Ladies,
I have been somewhat missing in action. I missed you all and the inspiration. I am still on the losing streak, but slowed down the rate quite a bit. I think it has to do with stress. Life has been a bit overwhelming. My dearest friend Linda struggled with cancer for 7 yrs and lost the battle on Sunday. I miss her dearly and know that she is somewhere above looking down on us and smiling. She was truly a wonderful person. I have been spending a lot of time with her family and friends as we recall all the funny stories, adventures and Linda's witty sarcastic humor.

hugs to you all, Dina
DINA So sorry to hear about loosing your friend to cancer, that is a hard thing.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:56 AM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Linden Well yes I have been planning to post a photo to replace my favorite puppy but I am the family photographer. Need someone to take some pics of me. That profile pic was from April or May-- need to change it too. Pics of me tend to be great or really really lousy. Mostly lousy. Am I noticing that you look like a beautiful cat????
I love your profile picture. What's your dogs' name and how old? I too have a 1 1/2 year old yellow labbed named Tucker. He is such a love. Your dog looks so lovable too!!
Old 09-01-2010, 10:59 AM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrfish23 View Post
Well Good Morning to All!

Can't wait tonight is my Week 2 Weigh In. I was excited this morning because I fit into a pair of capri pants that I have not been able to wear all summer!
Can't wait to read about the awesome success you are going to have at tonight's weigh in. Congrats on fitting into those capris!!

Last edited by dodomommy; 09-01-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:03 AM   #34  
Began IP 8-18-10

S/C/G: 179.7/152.9/130

Height: 5'3'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrazie View Post
Weigh in last nite.................... -9.0 lbs

IP is the BOMB
Woo Hoo on your 9lbs!!!
Old 09-01-2010, 11:24 AM   #35  
cindy

S/C/G: 261/252/135

Height: 5'2"

congrats Stormcrazie, that is awesome!
Old 09-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #36  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

2 doctor appointment down....
The first says I need to keep wearing my cast for another two weeks and then transition out of it gradually if it continues to improve but in the meantime it would be great if I was doing some exercises to stretch the muscles around the heal that was broken. (Wondering if that means I can dance if I don't put my heal down???

The second said I lost 5.2 pounds! Definitely makes up for last week's slight gain. My observances are that stress is bad for a diet and I do better with slightly more fat in my diet.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #37  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Dina, So sorry to hear about your friend.

Kelsey....sure hope you start feeling better. I didn't think it was possible to get sick with all the vitamins we are taking!!!

I drink a lot of tea. Anything decaf. It helps me relax and if I am cold it warms me up. Yes, it has been in the 40's the last 2 nights.

Wow, the NSV's are really rolling in. That is so cool.

Jacqueline...loved your post.

I went through some more clothes this morning. Had to get rid of a couple things. Had this great suit that was given to me. Fit me perfect, except I don't have hips. Most slacks are made for woman hips and mine are straight, so the pants had these little poofs on each side. Probably could have been taken in, but I have a good friend on IP, too and I think she could wear it. She still works in an office. Honestly, I don't even need a suit anymore

Have been having a shake for breakfast for about 3 months. Went back to the omelet. Forgot how good it was. Scale has been all over the place this week. Still avoiding the 4's for some reason.

DH and I are learning Spanish. He learned "pretty woman" and has really been sucking up. I love it!!! Saw a guy I hadn't seen in almost a year. After we had been visiting for about 15 min. he said "just what kind of excersize plan have you been on?" Loved it!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 09-01-2010, 12:05 PM   #38  
Im a wannabe thin person

S/C/G: Goal 170

Height: 5'7"

Jacqueline: you posts are always so inspiring! I to feel a bit like you...

To stop being affraid of little things in itself is a great achievement...things like:

- sitting at a boot in a restaurant - affraid not to fit
- going on a plane, any transportation or a theater - affraid to take too much space

I to hope that next year we can all say while looking back.. wow.. im a free person and I can live life to its fullest!

Yesterday after talking to you about rewarding myself for lossing weight I did a list... for everytime I loose 5% of my original weight! and hubby agrees with the plan... so people wish me luck coz we are looking for a trip in Vegas in February - which will mean I lost 30% of my original weight...(would be @ 239lbs). So if I ever get sided tracked please kick my butt and reminde me of Vegas!!!

I need to learn to use quotes better but Congrats to all the big and small victories of the day!

By the way...I went to a loblaws in Ottawa yesterday to raid the WF products...after buying for 60$ worthh of 0 cal stuff ...we tried them all in the car lol ppl were looking at us funny hehehe - 2 big ppl eating off of jars

Anyways...we likes the jellies and italien dressing and BBQ sauce...the rest.. well I think I will tweek them and see what can be done

Im so bored at the office today... but 3 mores day and vacations time ( going away - but we will buy 3 weeks worth of IP before we go...so much planning - but oh so worth it!)
Old 09-01-2010, 12:07 PM   #39  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
Dina, So sorry to hear about your friend.

Kelsey....sure hope you start feeling better. I didn't think it was possible to get sick with all the vitamins we are taking!!!

I drink a lot of tea. Anything decaf. It helps me relax and if I am cold it warms me up. Yes, it has been in the 40's the last 2 nights.

Wow, the NSV's are really rolling in. That is so cool.

Jacqueline...loved your post.

I went through some more clothes this morning. Had to get rid of a couple things. Had this great suit that was given to me. Fit me perfect, except I don't have hips. Most slacks are made for woman hips and mine are straight, so the pants had these little poofs on each side. Probably could have been taken in, but I have a good friend on IP, too and I think she could wear it. She still works in an office. Honestly, I don't even need a suit anymore

Have been having a shake for breakfast for about 3 months. Went back to the omelet. Forgot how good it was. Scale has been all over the place this week. Still avoiding the 4's for some reason.

DH and I are learning Spanish. He learned "pretty woman" and has really been sucking up. I love it!!! Saw a guy I hadn't seen in almost a year. After we had been visiting for about 15 min. he said "just what kind of excersize plan have you been on?" Loved it!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!
It's like an added bonus when someone notices and makes a nice comment. I took Spanish in high school, but have forgotten most of it. How do you say "pretty woman" in Spanish? The movie pretty woman is one of my favorites and I like the music to pretty woman.

Hope everyone has a great IP day and melt melt melt.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #40  

Hello to everyone, I just went to my first weigh in and I Lost 5lbs and 5 inches. I have been reading this site for about a year, when i did the HCG and MD diet. I have always loved the positive advice. The information on this site is amazing. I would like to say that this is the best diet i have ever been on.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:31 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 324.4/277.6/180

Height: 5'6"

went through my closet the other night... a 2 hour feat.... but i got a whole big garbage bag to give away!! feels soooo good! it is nice that my mom and sisters are doing this and they are smaller than me so I get some good hand me downs!! weigh in tommorrow, keeping my fingers crossed and I have made up my mind that i want to lose another 15lb before I leave on my holidays at the end of sept. So back onto strict phase 1 for me!!

keep up the inspirations! They help me so much!!
Old 09-01-2010, 12:35 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietfrenzy View Post
I also had low Vit D levels a couple of months ago. Now they are in the normal range after taking 5000 IU a day for 7 weeks. Now that my level is in the normal range, my doc recommended not to take more than 800-1000 IU a day of Vit D.
There is some controversy over the recommended levels of Vitamin D. Certainly the further you are from the equator, the more D3 you need in the fall & winter.
There is research to support taking 1000IU per 25lbs body weight to maintain optimum levels. It requires monitoring and repeat testing. Some docs are more conservative and/or time and cost conscious. But even they will be on the bandwagon after the first "You should have tested my Vit. D levels" lawsuit succeeds. And it will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by floradeluna View Post
I need to learn to use quotes better but Congrats to all the big and small victories of the day!
The best quoting tip - EVA!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-01-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:44 PM   #43  
Im a wannabe thin person

S/C/G: Goal 170

Height: 5'7"

Thanks! I never thought that icon was the multi quote one... perfect thx so much!
Old 09-01-2010, 12:46 PM   #44  
Dave - The Speedo King

So I stopped by my parents' place last night. My mom was a skeptic when I first started IP, she tried to tell me how dangerous it was, and told me I should look into something safer, like South Beach.

They've both been on South Beach for about the same amount of time as I've been on IP. My dad has lost 55 lbs. and my mom has lost 25 lbs. They didn't like it much when I told them last night that, even combined, I have them by 30 lbs.! It was all in good fun, and they're both really pleased with my results.

Right now, my Dad and I are the same weight. He's about 6" shorter than I am, so I have him beat in the BMI sense, but he's also Type 2, and changing his diet has really impacted his diabetes in a positive way, so I'm glad to see that he's making positive changes.

Of course, one of my motives in starting IP was that I didn't want to end up with type 2, and IP has certainly been a huge factor in helping with that.

I'd tell you all another story, but I've got to head out now. I'm running late for my Speedo fitting!
Old 09-01-2010, 12:50 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzlee View Post
Hello to everyone, I just went to my first weigh in and I Lost 5lbs and 5 inches. I have been reading this site for about a year, when i did the HCG and MD diet. I have always loved the positive advice. The information on this site is amazing. I would like to say that this is the best diet i have ever been on.
LIZZLEE Great 1st WI!!!! to the IP eating plan!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelaughlove1981 View Post
went through my closet the other night... a 2 hour feat.... but i got a whole big garbage bag to give away!! feels soooo good! it is nice that my mom and sisters are doing this and they are smaller than me so I get some good hand me downs!! weigh in tommorrow, keeping my fingers crossed and I have made up my mind that i want to lose another 15lb before I leave on my holidays at the end of sept. So back onto strict phase 1 for me!!

keep up the inspirations! They help me so much!!
LIVELAUGHLOVE Isn't going through your closet and getting RID of a bunch of TOO BIG clothes wonderful!!! I love doing that. The same as you, I am lucky that my daughter is on IP also and is smaller than me, so as she lost I got her hand me downs!! Keep up the great job!!!!
Closed Thread