IP Daily Chat - Wednesday 9/01/2010

You're on Page 2 of 8
Go to
  • Quote: OH, BOY. I doubt anyone can top that, even if they go look at your picture on your personal page. And all this time I thought you looked like a beautiful dog.
    Linden Well yes I have been planning to post a photo to replace my favorite puppy but I am the family photographer. Need someone to take some pics of me. That profile pic was from April or May-- need to change it too. Pics of me tend to be great or really really lousy. Mostly lousy. Am I noticing that you look like a beautiful cat????
  • Well Good Morning to All!

Can't wait tonight is my Week 2 Weigh In. I was excited this morning because I fit into a pair of capri pants that I have not been able to wear all summer!
  • Quote: Good Morning Everyone,
    Kelsey-Hope your feeling better soon!

Had a LONG day yesterday so we decided to go out for Chinese. I was a good girl and ate my steamed veggies w/grilled chicken. Although Egg Foo Young was just sitting their in front of my 3 1/2 Year old and i took a bite. YUMMY! I had two more bites and stopped. I am not disappointed in my self the only thing bad was the brown sauce. I am glad I could stop at 3 bites and finish my meal-that by the way stuffed me.

I also cycled 1/2 hour when I got home, that made me feel good too!

Happy Wednesday everyone!
    Congrats on the awesome willpower! I have been staying away from anything that may even tempt me, such as Chinese! Scared I may cave in...

Great job!
  • Quote: MDMJ- I believe on a Seinfeld episode it was called a "bro". (Okay, I'll stop now.)

~Linda
    "What are doing tonight?"

"Nuthin' much. Gonna watch some football with my...bros."

(Does anyone else see a contradiction in the phrase "hangin' with my bros"??)
  • TAB3319
    I HAVE A NSV!!! I WENT SHOPPING FOR SOME NEW JEANS FOR FAMILY PICTURES. I HAD AN ARM LOAD OF SIZE 9/10 AND 7/8 JEANS. THOSE DID NOT FIT AND THE LADY WORKING THERE GOT ME 5/6 AND THEY FIT!!! I BOUGHT SIZE 5/6 JEANS, YES 5/6. 5 MONTHS AGO I WAS IN A SIZE 18. I JUST COULDN'T BELIEVE IT AND HAD TO SHARE WITH EVERYONE. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE.

Wow Tammie -- that must have been fantastic. So excited for you!!
    KDWS - Kim-- I have two sons and never lost the weight from them either and they are college boys. Like you I have been an emotional eater - big time binges of carbs and sugar and I haven't had all the stresses that you described. You will love this diet and you will have major success -- one of my tips is to cheat with IP food if you need to cheat, especially in the beginning. An extra bar won't hurt you nearly as much as a slice of pizza or a candy bar will. Good luck!
    Jacqueline-- I love what you wrote about the beach and all you would be able to do next summer. Isn't it a shame that we have put our lives on hold for so long waiting for the weight loss?? But the good news is we have found IP and each other and we can cheer on ALL of the successes that keep us going collectively. So, I too have my dreams of how my life will be different-- some have already come true. I love to write in journals so in February I made a list of things I would do once I lost the weight -- stuff like finally go see my college roomate-- we need to stop waiting for a good day and stop hiding... AND the weight loss gives us the courage to do it!! I am excited to watch YOUR progress.
  • Good Morning!!
    Last night's weigh/measure went well - I'm down another 4 pounds and 3 inches. All of the inches were off my midsection! Since that is where I have the most to lose, it definitely works for me!

My coach was very nice and said, "Since you're doing so well, I don't even have to look at your journal." I just grinned and said OK!

The pounds might have been better, but I had already eaten my dinner, which I don't normally get to do. My DH is on day shift, so I had to get our son from school, putting me home a good bit earlier. My scales this morning said 203 again! Woohooo!!

Hope everyone has a great day - I chuckled all the way through yesterday's thread and loved Jackie's post! That's similar to what I keep telling myself about foods I used to gorge on - this time next year, they'll be there, but I'm betting I won't want them so badly nor need so much.

My coach and his wife say they have one day (Sunday) when they eat what they want, then on Monday they have a Phase I day and "get rid of it all." Sounds like a plan!!

Gotta go - let's go IPers!!

Barbara Ann
  • Good morning everyone, well...my second week WI was not great...did not drop a pound.. what a bummer, although not surprised. They did measure me and I went down 14.3/4 inches since I started. Weekends are brutal for me. I have a busy social life and it is SO hard not to stray!! any suggestions? I get so darn hungry. I do admit i have a hard time getting all my vegies in at lunch time...sometimes I just gag at the thought of it. I don't know why, I love vegies...I just have a hard time with them at lunch...well 2 cups of them that is. And I've also had a couple of drinks on the weekend....i know it is a faux pas!!
  • 1st Weigh In.........
    Weigh in last nite.................... -9.0 lbs

IP is the BOMB
  • Quote: Don't think Vitamin D was in there, but I take 6,000 daily D3, so that should be good, right?
    That sounds like a good amount. I was able to get my levels up from 10 to 35 within a year, which is considered low normal. I hear 65 is a good level to shoot for.
  • Good morning everyone! I was in such a sour mood yesterday. I had a dinner outing planned which was making me miserable and work was stressful and horrible. I even saw my boss when we were out at dinner, I just can't get away. Dinner was with a girl who I didn't know much less! (GF of a friend I've known for over 15 years was in town, and we don't really have the same views anymore). Turns out she was awesome, doing a paleo diet so we ate the same salad but she had chicken and I had tofu! At least I got to choose the place to eat, and there was nothing off plan in it. Some restricteds like a smidge of green beans and tomato, but not a lot. And you know what? I was fine with it, even though I said no restricted stuff this week.

I had a wonderful time. We went to a coffee shop later (my husbands vice) and sat and chatted over tea and coffee. It was nice to get out and get some perspective.

Even more funny is I'm up like 5lbs from yesterday. I KNOW it is my body being crazy and retaining water from salt and all that crazy stuff plus not sleeping well the past week. I snacked on a few pickles before dinner as we ate late. I'm not stressed about it or even going to panic. I do weigh daily as well, and it was just a "oh, hi there" moment. Back to home IP and non restricteds today. Nothing extra, nothing more, just the plan.
  • Stormcrazie -- congratulations! Aren't you just thrilled?? Keep it up... you are on your way and you will lose a lot really quickly. Honest, the time goes by very very fast. Aren't you so happy to have taken control??
    Barbara Ann - we'll be welcoming you to onderland very very soon. Exciting news. AND I love the idea of one day eating anything and phase 1 the next day. I think I could do that sometime in my future. We all want to have success at maintenance, the hardest part of all.

Drum Roll Please.....
    Finally got to the 55555555555555sss this morning. Oh my gosh, it's taken too long but finally, as long as you believe, you can make it happen! I have been walking 2 miles every day, Yeah!!!
  • Good Morning all,

Was wondering if anyone had a type of tea they really enjoy, I am looking for something to sip on throughout the day to avoid the temptation of coffee, and was told by my coach that I could drink tea? Is this true? What types.

thanks
  • Quote: Weigh in last nite.................... -9.0 lbs

IP is the BOMB
    CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!
  • Quote: That sounds like a good amount. I was able to get my levels up from 10 to 35 within a year, which is considered low normal. I hear 65 is a good level to shoot for.
    I also had low Vit D levels a couple of months ago. Now they are in the normal range after taking 5000 IU a day for 7 weeks. Now that my level is in the normal range, my doc recommended not to take more than 800-1000 IU a day of Vit D.

Ladies,
    I have been somewhat missing in action. I missed you all and the inspiration. I am still on the losing streak, but slowed down the rate quite a bit. I think it has to do with stress. Life has been a bit overwhelming. My dearest friend Linda struggled with cancer for 7 yrs and lost the battle on Sunday. I miss her dearly and know that she is somewhere above looking down on us and smiling. She was truly a wonderful person. I have been spending a lot of time with her family and friends as we recall all the funny stories, adventures and Linda's witty sarcastic humor.

hugs to you all, Dina
  • Quote: It seems my little trip to the dr's office on Monday has resulted in my contracting some sort of cold/flu! I feel like crap. Scratchy throat, achy body, headache and over all blah! I'm sick, what??? I went to the dr not sick, but left sick, nice!
    Kelsey So sorry you are feeling under the weather...here are some to help you feel better

Quote: When I mentioned it at dinner to my hubby, he said "I was thinking when you got out of the car how beautiful you are." Well, that took my breath away. Not sure when he has said something like that to me...Have a great willpower dust filled day everyone!
    HOPEFULTRICIA Aren't those little moments our DH's gift us with so special!! And into the 555555555555'''s

Quote: Well Good Morning to All!

Can't wait tonight is my Week 2 Weigh In. I was excited this morning because I fit into a pair of capri pants that I have not been able to wear all summer!

STARRFISH You will do great tonight!!!

Quote: Weigh in last nite.................... -9.0 lbs

IP is the BOMB
    STORMCRAZIE WOW what a great WI...