IP Daily Chat - Tuesday 8/31/2010

You're on Page 7 of 8
Go to
  • Quote: Don't be upset, you will have small loss weeks and big loss weeks. It's just the nature of the beast. Keep following the protocol and you'll be fine.

I use EAS shakes and bars, they are a fraction of the cost of IP products and I've had a lot of success.

Phase 2's going well so far, the weird thing is that I started to lose faster than I have in a long time as soon as I started. I don't know what that's all about, but I'll take it!

Bars aren't evil. They do, however, contain more carbs than other choices. You shouldn't use them at all in the first few weeks, after that, try them as an occasional item and see how they work for you. Some people are so carb sensitive that they can't have them at all. I have been having one every day for breakfast for the two months. I feel much better the rest of the day if I do, but, that's just what my body needs. Everyone's different.

I'm on alternate products, but try experimenting with different extracts - vanilla, mint, coconut, orange, banana, raspberry...until you find something you like.
    Stacey-

I love reading your posts, they have been so helpful to me. Congrats on going to phase 2!!! Hope you stick around here - so many others have faded away. Anyone heard from Kellyrook or Carla?

I used almond extract in my shake yesterday and WARNING a little goes a long way----can't wait to try the coconut extract in my chocolate pudding!!

Elle
  • Quote: My name is Kim. I just started IP on Monday. I have done weight watchers in the past to lose the wieght I gained during my pregnancies....I never did lose the last ten on my first son and the last ten on my second son and I am still looking to lose the weight I gained with my third son and he is SEVEN!!!! I am an emotional eater and over the last ten years I have had some serious emotions to eat over, my son was born with down syndrome (love him so need to feel sorry for me!) at the time I was devestated.. I ate! My husband was tranfered I lost great job with great money....I ate! My uncle was dx with ALS watched him die...I ate! My husband was traveling....I ate! My mother was injured freakishly and she passed away....I ate and ate and ate! I need to re train myself about food and eat to live and not live to eat! I am looking for a big jump start and I need results! My nieghbor did IP and he got great results! I love this site!
    Kim...this is a wonderful forum!!!

Quote: Hi IPers!

Well I went to my weigh in today and ta da! Down total of 16 lbs~! YEAH!~
    carrot:
    Way to go Candace!!

Quote: Thanks to all of you who had words of encouragement regarding my "300 plus club" comment from yesterday. I am so excited to today! I went in to the clinic to confirm it, but yes it is true! I've lost 8 pounds in 3 days on IP! I'm sure some of this is water weight but I'll take it!

Today is my 4th day and I feel great! Must have kicked into ketosis I'm assuming. I feel so much better having this daily board to check in with. Thank-you so much to those that maintain this, your AWESOME!

OK ladies just watch me melt away!
    Way to Go MJ!!!!
  • Quote: Stacey-
    I love reading your posts, they have been so helpful to me.
    Elle
    Awwww, shucks... LOL

I'm glad you can benefit from my experiences like I have benefited from the experiences of others. This site is such a great resource to have, I'm so glad to have found this group of people sharing the same journey.
  • Guess who is wearing her husbands jeans???? Me!!! NSV of the whole journey for me. Back later... Off to a concert.
  • Hi All,
    Just finished reading the thread. It's been a very chatty, right-back-acha kinda day! Very fun to read.

Thanks everyone for all your support of the 300+ group. It's really appreciated. As far as "baring all" goes, I decided not too long ago that if I want to really be the authentic me, and have others accept that me, then I had to stop "hiding". I joined this forum to get information and support from everyone here, and figured how can you help me if I'm not honest about where I'm at? I saw many others posting their weights and I thought about it and I liked the openness and honesty of it, and I decided to do likewise--and besides, I really, really wanted a ticker!

I had a great day, today! A friend and I went to the beach! Balmy Beach, south of Queen Street, in east Toronto. It was 33C today in town (that's 91F) with high humidity pushing it up over 40C (over 100+F), so we headed to Lake Ontario. I went swimming in Lake Ontario for the first time ever!! And it was excellent! Clear, sweet water, cool and fresh--lovely! I'm really part fish (don't tell anyone), so to live in a city with lots of beaches and not use them is a bit silly, don't you think? I've been here 25 years and this is the first time I've gone in the lake. The beaches used to get polluted with rain runoff, but the city has worked on this problem and now most of the Toronto beaches are International Blue Flag beaches, which means they are rated A+ and the water is clean.

And while I was there enjoying myself with my friend, I kept thinking how different it will be next summer when I am living at my goal weight. Next summer I will be able to walk across the sand without supports because my knees and feet will have no trouble supporting me. Next summer I'll be able to go to the beach anytime I want, even on my own, because I won't need help getting in and out of the water. Next summer I'll have a new bicycle, and be able to bike down to the beach and walk along the boardwalk, instead of driving everywhere because I can't walk anywhere. Next summer I can pack light, because I will be able to sit or lie on a mat on the beach and won't need to bring a folding chair.

Today was a wonderful day, and it gave me a taste of the joys soon to come. Thanks all for being here and helping make this journey easier.

Jackie
  • Hi, everyone.

Had my Week2 weigh-in tonight - down a total of 9 lbs! Yay, me!

livelaughlove1981 - I've never used creamer in my coffee, but I do like to add cinnamon. Cinnamon is a thermogenic substance - it helps burn calories.

Cptswife - I weigh daily, too. I use it as a tool. If you have a smartphone, you can use this app (True Weight): http://www.madeupsoftware.com/apps/home.html
    It calculates your 30-day moving average, plus it graphs your actual weight and your "true weight". As long as the trend is down, all's right with the world.

salesgod - Congrats! Maybe we could have some witty banter about prostates or jock straps. Hmmm... You start!

Kim - Welcome! I usually use the puddings to make shakes - just use more water. Sometimes I add cinnamon, or coffee, or peppermint extract.

Elle - Hmmm...good idea with the almond and coconut extracts. I'm trying those.

Time for me to get moving. Congrats to everyone here, because we're all "losers". Welcome to all the newbies. Have a good night.

~Linda
  • Here's an article from today's New York Times about losing and retaining muscle mass that might be interesting to you, especially if you're concerned about losing muscle as you get older.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/31/he...me&ref=general
  • Quote: Hi All,
    Just finished reading the thread. It's been a very chatty, right-back-acha kinda day! Very fun to read.

Thanks everyone for all your support of the 300+ group. It's really appreciated. As far as "baring all" goes, I decided not too long ago that if I want to really be the authentic me, and have others accept that me, then I had to stop "hiding". I joined this forum to get information and support from everyone here, and figured how can you help me if I'm not honest about where I'm at? I saw many others posting their weights and I thought about it and I liked the openness and honesty of it, and I decided to do likewise--and besides, I really, really wanted a ticker!

I had a great day, today! A friend and I went to the beach! Balmy Beach, south of Queen Street, in east Toronto. It was 33C today in town (that's 91F) with high humidity pushing it up over 40C (over 100+F), so we headed to Lake Ontario. I went swimming in Lake Ontario for the first time ever!! And it was excellent! Clear, sweet water, cool and fresh--lovely! I'm really part fish (don't tell anyone), so to live in a city with lots of beaches and not use them is a bit silly, don't you think? I've been here 25 years and this is the first time I've gone in the lake. The beaches used to get polluted with rain runoff, but the city has worked on this problem and now most of the Toronto beaches are International Blue Flag beaches, which means they are rated A+ and the water is clean.

And while I was there enjoying myself with my friend, I kept thinking how different it will be next summer when I am living at my goal weight. Next summer I will be able to walk across the sand without supports because my knees and feet will have no trouble supporting me. Next summer I'll be able to go to the beach anytime I want, even on my own, because I won't need help getting in and out of the water. Next summer I'll have a new bicycle, and be able to bike down to the beach and walk along the boardwalk, instead of driving everywhere because I can't walk anywhere. Next summer I can pack light, because I will be able to sit or lie on a mat on the beach and won't need to bring a folding chair.

Today was a wonderful day, and it gave me a taste of the joys soon to come. Thanks all for being here and helping make this journey easier.

Jackie
    Jackie - what a perfectly wonderful post! You will do this. We all will.
  • Quote: Next summer I'll have a new bicycle, and be able to bike down to the beach and walk along the boardwalk, instead of driving everywhere because I can't walk anywhere. Next summer I can pack light, because I will be able to sit or lie on a mat on the beach and won't need to bring a folding chair.
    Jackie
    What an absolutely lovely image to hold onto.
  • Quote:
    salesgod - Congrats! Maybe we could have some witty banter about prostates or jock straps. Hmmm... You start!
    Ok...

I scheduled a Speedo fitting for next week. Can't wait to get a new one. I'm thinking animal print for sure!

On a slightly different topic, I've had to pee 12 times today and my prostate is killing me!

p.s. Hey svelting! I take back what I said about nookie nights. I've sunk even lower... lol
  • Quote: You're right, i wasn't even looking at the time line. I was just focusing on the fact that he was below his high school weight. Wow 109 lbs in 5 mos...you are my hero...i already congratulated you once before but congrats again!!
    I know right??!! Being over 300 pds. the thought of weighing like 200 in 5 months really makes me feel motivated to stay totally on track! I haven't seen 200 in over 20 years! 5 months of this to get to that, oh yeah, you bet!
  • Thanks I appreciate your advice... That explains the lack of weight loss think I'll lay low see how that goes....
  • Quote: Ok...

I scheduled a Speedo fitting for next week. Can't wait to get a new one. I'm thinking animal print for sure!

On a slightly different topic, I've had to pee 12 times today and my prostate is killing me!

p.s. Hey svelting! I take back what I said about nookie nights. I've sunk even lower... lol
    This thread is down right funny today !! Thanks for the laughs everyone !! I'm almost sorry I said the word SPEEDO yesterday......almost....
  • Quote: Ok...

Oh man! You're scraping bottom not, I'll admit, without serious provocation.
    How's that for a double negative?
  • Quote: This thread is down right funny today !! Thanks for the laughs everyone !! I'm almost sorry I said the word SPEEDO yesterday......almost....
    Speedo's and man bra's definitally good for a few laughs and we all need to laugh more. Maybe laughing could be my replacement for good chocolate and buttered popcorn .

I figured out how to put my pic up as an avatar. This is one from a couple years ago when I was like 50 pounds lighter, but I'll be there soon enough right? At my current weight I don't have to many photos just laying around. My coach took one today for a before shot though. I didn't ask to see it, generaly I don't allow full body shots, or I crop them if someone accidently shoots one. Silly vanity!