Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 12:38 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

Talking

[QUOTE=Emma Jayne;3459347][QUOTE=floradeluna;3459164]
Also...yay to me - I now have a ticker!!! yay!! -- I don't usually share my weight info with ppl - but hey we are all in the same boat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
. I want to thank you for posting your weight. For a while I thought I was the only one in the 300s, but now I know there are at least three of us, and it makes it better somehow. So, thank you very much.

Hey Floradeluna and Jacqueline !

I too, started at over 300 pounds - I have chosen not to post my weight for the simple reason that my goal was not number on a scale related. I was not in denial about my weight, I was acutely aware. Aware of how loved ones had trouble looking me in the eye and how I was being left out of adventures that required physical endurance (ie. bike rides through the parks with girlfriends, etc.) When I decided to lose weight it was, and still is to feel better. I had constant pain in my knees, low back, etc. I want to be able to walk the dog easily. I want to be able to hike up a mountain in Cuba at a resort that I go to (4th time coming up this November). I wanted my blood pressure numbers and blood sugar numbers to be normal (they are and actually were before - but I was lucky). The number on the scale is not what is important to me. I'm down 60 pounds as of this morning after 13 (short) weeks on IP. I'm absolutely thrilled with my progress and I am feeling like a million bucks. I laugh at myself as the number that I am at now is where others have started - and I actually feel downright SLIM ! I hit TWOderland without the fanfare that some on here hit when hitting ONEderland and it didn't matter to me........I FEEL better and thats what matters.......so you are not alone !

Cheers to everyone -have a great Monday !!
Well I may be one of the last posts of the day. Living on the West Coast has it's advantages I guess. I just wanted to say, after only being on IP for three days now, how encouraging it is to know I'm not the only one in the 300 plus club. The first time I hit 300 about 7 years ago it really scared me. I imediately worked in changing things and got down to about 260. I proceeded to gain it all back and have been hanging around 290 for the last several years.

This last year I started drinking wine more often and was going through peri-pause. I'm 44 so it's a little early but it has really messed with me. So all of a sudden I was weighing over 300, till I went in to weigh for this diet and I was at 318, oh the despair! I feel like crap, can barely get out of a chair and you can comfortably rest a large plate of food on my belly.

This has to be it for me, I am so tired of living like this! My scale tells me that I've lost 8 pounds in 3 days. Can this be right? I know I'm peeing constantly so I'm sure much is water weight, but I can see my ankles again, that has to be a good sign.

I'm hopeful tonight, and so grateful for all of you here that understand!

Thanks,
MJ
Old 08-31-2010, 01:13 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherDuckMJ View Post

Well I may be one of the last posts of the day. Living on the West Coast has it's advantages I guess. I just wanted to say, after only being on IP for three days now, how encouraging it is to know I'm not the only one in the 300 plus club....

This has to be it for me, I am so tired of living like this! My scale tells me that I've lost 8 pounds in 3 days. Can this be right? I know I'm peeing constantly so I'm sure much is water weight, but I can see my ankles again, that has to be a good sign.

I'm hopeful tonight, and so grateful for all of you here that understand!

Thanks,
MJ
WELCOME MJ! You've definitely come to the right place for support, encouragement and terrific information. Continue feeling hopeful and believing in youself because you are worth it.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:18 AM   #93  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
ok, strange thing happened two nights ago -- am turning to the board for wisdom.

A few nights ago I had drank a lot before I went to bed, and woke up in the morning having to pee REALLY REALLY BAD. Ran to the bathroom, did my business, and my bladder hasn't stopped feeling like I have to urniate badly since then. Two days. Am thinking of making a doctors appointment. It doesn't exactly fit a bladder infection, since it doesn't burn at all. I think I broke my bladder!

Ugh.
The latter is unlikely, but you may have affected the muscle action in some way. If you go to http://health.msn.com/ and enter "burst bladder" you will find a fairly good overview. Hope this helps an that you're feeling a lot better by the time you see this.

Last edited by Linden; 08-31-2010 at 01:19 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:34 AM   #94  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
Okay here's one for ya..... I'm going out Friday night for some dancing and just a few drinks...I know...what should I have? What the best choice? Low cal beer? Vodka? I'm not about to go crazy but wanna sip on something
Dear Putty,

I'm hoping to address the more malleable side of your nature, and that Silly is asleep.

Taking a pina colada drink with you won't work? You're right at half way to your goal.

But whatever you do stay away from drinks loaded with carbs like beer, wine, and cocktails.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:47 AM   #95  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
IF / When Novak says CLOSE BY 8, I'd be outta there by 7:55!
Right. That's when we bring out the bouncer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
Okay here's one for ya..... I'm going out Friday night for some dancing and just a few drinks...I know...what should I have? What the best choice? Low cal beer? Vodka? I'm not about to go crazy but wanna sip on something
If you are only interested in sipping, mineral water and lime works nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
Well, I moved into Phase II over the weekend and plan to start Phase III on Saturday. I'm a little scared, but I've come this far, I feel like I can handle anything now.

Finally people are starting to notice I've lost weight!! I've been so discouraged because no one has said anything. Now I've had four people in the last week tell me how great I look. It's not the same as my family saying it, because they know I'm doing IP, and they're being supportive (thank goodness!!). It's just been weird because I see these huge changes but wasn't getting any reaction from those around me.
Almost to the big breakfast!! YAY!!

Hey, people didn't start noticing my loss until after 30 pounds. Then when my body started changing so quickly near the end, I was wearing smaller and smaller clothes, which really accentuated the weight loss. By the end, pretty much everyone was blown away by the change.

Why does it take so long? Let's face it.... most people really only focus that much on their own bodies (including us). We see the big difference, but the people around us simply don't view us the same way we view ourselves... especially when we're dieting and measuring and weighing all the time!

Just wait until you reach the end.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:16 AM   #96  

Arrow Tuesday thread now open

It's Tuesday August 31

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 08-31-2010 at 07:24 AM.
Closed Thread