Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 09:55 AM   #16  
Dave - The Speedo King

Ah, Saturday morning. Time for a pancake breakfast. Ok, ok...make that plain crepes with WF syrup.

I'm more of a tarragon person, myself. Pretty sure that the kind of sage that gives advice wouldn't be very tasty, but possibly lean enough to use as my 5 oz. Kinda stringy and chewy, though...

Does anyone else have trouble getting all of their water in on weekends? It's easy when I'm at work, but my weekends don't follow a routine.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:59 AM   #17  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post

So thanks for joining us and voicing your opinion. I've been beating this drum loudly for quite some time (while dodging a few bullets), and it's nice that people are finally gathering with me in the percussion section. I firmly believe that the forum is most valuable when we all help each other to succeed, rather than simply forgive each other for failing.
Harsh your point of view might be. Strong the dark side is, and powerful. Avoid the cheats. Only then, a Jedi will you be.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:00 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
Ah, Saturday morning. Time for a pancake breakfast. Ok, ok...make that plain crepes with WF syrup.

I'm more of a tarragon person, myself. Pretty sure that the kind of sage that gives advice wouldn't be very tasty, but possibly lean enough to use as my 5 oz. Kinda stringy and chewy, though...

Does anyone else have trouble getting all of their water in on weekends? It's easy when I'm at work, but my weekends don't follow a routine.
Yes, I'm bad with water on the weekends. During the week I have my larger water bottle that I sip from all day long, because it's sitting right in front of me at my desk. At home on the weekends...at least I make sure to drink a large glass at each meal.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:03 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 248.6/215.6/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Wow, you must have gone back and looked at some of our old threads!

But seriously, you are so right. This is a difficult mental undertaking, and the support we need comes from strength and encouragement, not rationalization and forgiveness for every infraction. It happens, we all understand that, but, "Move on and do better" should be the mantra rather than, "It's okay, you're only human." On the contrary, I would suggest that we all need to be a little super-human here.

So thanks for joining us and voicing your opinion. I've been beating this drum loudly for quite some time (while dodging a few bullets), and it's nice that people are finally gathering with me in the percussion section. I firmly believe that the forum is most valuable when we all help each other to succeed, rather than simply forgive each other for failing.
Novak - Well, I haven't read any of the old threads here - somehow I knew what I'd find. I'll gladly join you - always wanted to beat on a big bass drum!

~Linda
Old 08-28-2010, 10:08 AM   #20  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibster View Post
Novak - Thank you for this comment. I've been on many different weight-loss discussion forums in the past, and that is my pet peeve: dieters discussing every single cheat and gain, and then rationalizing it all somehow. The next thing you know, they're asking how to incorporate alcohol, potatoes, or brownies into their low carb diet.

~Linda
Linda,

Did you go back a couple of months in our threads when the local sheriff laid down the law? (and yes, we love her for it!!!)

Quote:

Yes! During the week it's no problem, but on the weekend, I'll look at my tervis tumbler and think, "wow, I've only filled this thing up 2 or 3 times today" bad girl.

Okay, so I've had a rough week. It occurred to me that in my original plans I was supposed to have made my final goal by August 27th. My little blackberry reminded me that I should have lost 85 lbs by now, and be on phase 3. Well, that did not happen. Other than the cruise May 2-9, and then the oops this past week, I have been a loyal IP follower since March 19th. I have nothing but respect for the plan. It has saved my life, and I would not take back the almost 50 lbs that I have lost!!! That being said, I did have a mental melt down for the past few days, I went off plan for Wednesday and Thursday. On Friday when I should have been having my final weigh-in, I dedicated myself to a new beginning. I'm going to keep going, but I will not be giving myself any unrealistic timelines for my goals. It's been a long 5 months, and it looks like it's going to be at least another 4 months (OR WHATEVER - NOT COUNTING)... but I can do this. I'm jealous of the quick losses, but I am always so happy for everyone. Many of the people who were here when I started in March have moved over to the "Life after" thread, or have left all together. I feel a bit disappointed in myself. I am not discouraged though.

On a side note: I'm losing hair by the handfuls, so I will be bald by the time I'm thin, but hey, Carla says it grows back. I'm counting on it! Thank you all for being here, and sharing your stories. I believe if it weren't this board many of us would not have made it as far as we have, and many of us would not continue.

Last edited by Kelsey; 08-28-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:08 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Height: 5'6

Week 2 success! To be honest going into my WI I felt anxious I was hoping for a 1.4lb loss to make it an even 10 lbs in 2 weeks and to my shock it was 3.6! I couldn't be happier with this program. Like many of you I have never felt this happy or motivated with a program and more importantly the results!
Old 08-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Linda,

Did you go back a couple of months in our threads when the local sheriff laid down the law? (and yes, we love her for it!!!)

Yes! During the week it's no problem, but on the weekend, I'll look at my tervis tumbler and think, "wow, I've only filled this thing up 2 or 3 times today" bad girl.

Okay, so I've had a rough week. It occurred to me that in my original plans I was supposed to have made my final goal by August 27th. My little blackberry reminded me that I should have lost 85 lbs by now, and be on phase 3. Well, that did not happen. Other than the cruise May 2-9, and then the oops this past week, I have been a loyal IP follower since March 19th. I have nothing but respect for the plan. It has saved my life, and I would not take back the almost 50 lbs that I have lost!!! That being said, I did have a mental melt down for the past few days, I went off plan for Wednesday and Thursday. On Friday when I should have been having my final weigh-in, I dedicated myself to a new beginning. I'm going to keep going, but I will not be giving myself any unrealistic timelines for my goals. It's been a long 5 months, and it looks like it's going to be at least another 4 months (OR WHATEVER - NOT COUNTING)... but I can do this. I'm jealous of the quick losses, but I am always so happy for everyone. Many of the people who were here when I started in March have moved over to the "Life after" thread, or have left all together. I feel a bit disappointed in myself. I am not discouraged though.

On a side note: I'm losing hair by the handfuls, so I will be bald by the time I'm thin, but hey, Carla says it grows back. I'm counting on it! Thank you all for being here, and sharing your stories. I believe if it weren't this board many of us would not have made it as far as we have, and many of us would not continue.
Kelsey: thank you for your post...I too haven't met some of my goals and still have 40 lbs to go...so I am going to focus on IP and start taking it day by day, week by week (as I did in the beginning)..I KNOW I WILL SUCCEED!!!!
Old 08-28-2010, 10:52 AM   #23  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Linda,
Kelsey, it sounds like you are a planner like me. I swear, I wish my body understood that. It is like telling a baby they should show up on their due date! Hah! Anyway, I'm so happy that you have lost so much. And just like you I'm frustrated mostly because my coach was convinced that it would be x amount of weeks, and I was wary but got sucked in, even throwing in a few extra. Now I'm on 13 and haven't finished. And my goal is only 23. Blah. Did you learn your lesson as to not pre-plan your losses though? Or maybe we should use some fancy algorithm formulas that reset weekly based on trends and such. Hah! That's too much math for this fine arts degree!
Old 08-28-2010, 11:11 AM   #24  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Default No more monkeys jumping on the bed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Kelsey: thank you for your post...I too haven't met some of my goals and still have 40 lbs to go...so I am going to focus on IP and start taking it day by day, week by week (as I did in the beginning)..I KNOW I WILL SUCCEED!!!!
You're right! We will succeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
Kelsey,It is like telling a baby they should show up on their due date! Hah! ... That's too much math for this fine arts degree!
The funny thing about recalculating the numbers is that I did that few months ago. I realized that my "average" has changed and has always been much lower than the forecasted 3-4 lbs per week, so I "penciled in" my new forecasted numbers, and what do you know, I have't met those numbers either! So no more predictions for me. I'm winging it. No more looking ahead and counting down for me! When I get there, there I'll be. That's it.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:27 AM   #25  

I just finished rereading "Synopsis of The Ideal Protein Diet/Plan" and now I am again motivated to get the last half of my weight off!!! If anyone is having problems with sticking to the plan I would recommend reading this over again.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:30 AM   #26  

Quote:
You're right! We will succeed!

The funny thing about recalculating the numbers is that I did that few months ago. I realized that my "average" has changed and has always been much lower than the forecasted 3-4 lbs per week, so I "penciled in" my new forecasted numbers, and what do you know, I have't met those numbers either! So no more predictions for me. I'm winging it. No more looking ahead and counting down for me! When I get there, there I'll be. That's it.
ME TOO....ME TOO
Old 08-28-2010, 11:33 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 175/156/140

Height: 5"8"

Default New

I just started Ideal Protein on Mon and am new here...How do I make a ticker and how do I check and replies to my posts??? Thanks!!!!!
Old 08-28-2010, 11:49 AM   #28  

Has anyone in MB or SK been able to get the new supplement Collegene? I asked my coach about it at last WI and she hadn't heard about it, . Having a bad time with my nails!!
Old 08-28-2010, 12:06 PM   #29  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenmlp View Post
I just started Ideal Protein on Mon and am new here...How do I make a ticker and how do I check and replies to my posts??? Thanks!!!!!
You have to wait until day 21 and more than 20 posts.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:07 PM   #30  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Harsh your point of view might be. Strong the dark side is, and powerful. Avoid the cheats. Only then, a Jedi will you be.
I'll give you, "Harsh your point of view might SEEM," but I ain't buyin' the first version.

I spend a lot of time here trying to encourage, support, inspire, problem solve... whatever it takes to help people succeed. But I won't help people fail. That's not the culture I come from. As another NASA employee (now retired) once famously said, "Failure is not an option." In my world, you need to overcome the factors that will cause you to fail. That's not harsh, it's just the way we do things like put rovers on Mars and land humans on the moon... or bring them home safely when things go wrong.

I knew Gene when he was at the Agency, and I'm pretty sure if he was a member of this forum, his posts would look a lot like mine!

Just sayin'...
Closed Thread