Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 11:13 AM   #16  

S/C/G: S: 236/C: 188/G: 125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrazie View Post
Good Morning Everyone,
Thanks for the warm welcome yesterday
Today is my first day ....I had the omelet for breakfast, I am drinking my 1st bottle of water right now.
For lunch I have 3 cups of green leaf lettuce with dressing I made from 1tsp olive oil, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, sea salt, garlic powder & italian herbs. Also I have 2 cups steamed zucchini and cauli. I work all day in the office I brought lunch with me of course, I chose the wildberry yogurt drink for lunch as well, I was wondering can I wait and have the drink around 3 this afternoon or do I have to drink it with the meal? I am ssooooooooooo happy to be here
Welcome to IP and this forum, Becca! I, too, work in an office and have found most of my weight here - actually about 80 lbs! It sounds like you're off to a great start! I've found that if I eat my salad at lunch and then do the IP packet a little later, I don't have that 3 o'clock hungry feeling. It works for me!

I hope your first few days go smoothly for you - can't wait to hear how great your first weigh/measure goes!!

Barbara
Old 08-25-2010, 11:31 AM   #17  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

I had my weigh in this morning and it was pretty much what I expected. I'm up .5 lb. I knew it hadn't been a good week even though I had stayed on plan, it was just a feeling. I have been in ketosis all week though. The odd, in a cool way, thing is that I still lost a few inches this week. I'm mostly chalking it up to a stressful week of school and hormones but I wouldn't mind some feedback on the two things I did different...

1) I got a slight amount of exercise... no increased heart rate but I did a couple of dances but it's not like I can do much with a cast on my foot so they were low energy. I still feel like this is a good thing for me and I'm going to go nuts if I don't move some. (Pre-cast I was dancing 3-4 nights a week.)

2) I put my supplements in with my regular meds (I use a weekly container) so I didn't forget to take them and I totally forgot about the fact that you shouldn't take iron or calcium within a couple hours of taking thyroid medication. I'm going to change this for this week and see if it makes a difference.

Yes, I would have liked to have lost weight, but I'm really not too worried about it. It's a downward trend and I'm not stopping.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:44 AM   #18  
Dave - The Speedo King

I had my WI this morning. Still losing. New orange drink was available this morning, so I got a box. Just tried it. It's pretty good! Still no UHT Vanilla available, but UHT chocolate is back on the shelves.

I went to Wal-Mart last night. I had to buy a new belt. I got tired of punching new holes in the old one!
Old 08-25-2010, 11:47 AM   #19  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Jessica- really liked your letter. I may just write one to myself too. We are so mean to our bodies... maybe send mine a little love like you did.
Back from the beach. Did fine there but last two days at home have been disasters. Guess it had to happen sooner or later. Decided this morning that I like being in control much better than I like mindless eating. So, I am back 100% at least until the next trip on Sept 5.
I know I am the minority but these daily chats are so painful for me. Seems the flow of the conversations is gone, loading them takes way too much time... just my opinion. Hope everyone has a great IP day.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:52 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 214/172.5/130

Height: 5'0

Morning Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I have started IP about 11 days ago and so far everything is going good This is by far the best program that I have tried. I hope that you guys don't mind if I jump in sometimes to say hi.

Cheers
Old 08-25-2010, 11:54 AM   #21  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to everyone who is new to IP. I wish you good luck and good health as you begin your IP journey. To those people who are discouraged, just keep working the plan. I had my WI yesterday -2.5 pounds. It is exciting because I am getting closer to Phase 2. I'll just have to be patient because I really, really want to do this the right way!

JessicaCourezYour letter to your body was great. It made me think of an e-card my coach sent me a few weeks in to IP. For a smile, and to have a body part appreciate YOU, here's the link:
http://iheartguts.com/shop/index.php...roducts_id=187

I hope everyone has a Wonderful Wednesday!!

Last edited by CUSU; 08-25-2010 at 11:56 AM. Reason: wrong link
Old 08-25-2010, 12:38 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Meet my new coach on Friday !!! Feel like I am starting over again but it is just what I need !!
Old 08-25-2010, 12:42 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
I had my WI this morning. Still losing. New orange drink was available this morning, so I got a box. Just tried it. It's pretty good! Still no UHT Vanilla available, but UHT chocolate is back on the shelves.

I went to Wal-Mart last night. I had to buy a new belt. I got tired of punching new holes in the old one!

Way to go salesgod! Your success is inspiring to a newbie like me!
Old 08-25-2010, 02:22 PM   #24  

Default Vitamins

I hate the IP vitamins so I take my own which I got from a doctor. Today, I went for my weigh in and the chiro said I needed to stock up on the IP vitamins again. I told her I take my own and don't want the IP vitamins. First, off they're way too expensive and I get a major stomach ache from them. Anyway, she got belligerent, told me the company watches her statistics and numbers on how many jars of vitamins she sells and she thinks I need to take her vitamins. Has anyone else come across this and is it true? I am inclined only to believe it because they make money off the vitamins. I buy the food every week totalling more than a third of my paycheck and do what I'm supposed to do. When I went for the workshop they said the office and doctors would work with me with what I can afford. I can't afford to buy vitamins every month, 45 days or whatever the requirement is. Maybe, I should just find something else.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:27 PM   #25  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiJe View Post
I hate the IP vitamins so I take my own which I got from a doctor. Today, I went for my weigh in and the chiro said I needed to stock up on the IP vitamins again. I told her I take my own and don't want the IP vitamins. First, off they're way too expensive and I get a major stomach ache from them. Anyway, she got belligerent, told me the company watches her statistics and numbers on how many jars of vitamins she sells and she thinks I need to take her vitamins. Has anyone else come across this and is it true? I am inclined only to believe it because they make money off the vitamins. I buy the food every week totalling more than a third of my paycheck and do what I'm supposed to do. When I went for the workshop they said the office and doctors would work with me with what I can afford. I can't afford to buy vitamins every month, 45 days or whatever the requirement is. Maybe, I should just find something else.

OMG don't let her bully you, especially if they made you feel bad! My coach allowed me to buy my own, but only after she went over the numbers, which was more than fine. She needs to worry about her stats, not you. It isn't your fault if she can't pull her weight as a coach, and it is NOT cool to bring that down on you. Sheesh.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:30 PM   #26  

Height: 5'10"

Smile Bars?

Here's a question for those of you that have been here a while. Today is the end of my 3 weeks!!! Tonight is my weigh in.

Which bars have been the most popular? Oh my...I'm so excited to have a bar! I just hope it doesn't kick my sugar craving in.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:41 PM   #27  

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
OMG! I totally echo xanthia! Don't let her bully you!!! That is so wrong for her to "corner" her clients in such a manner. My coach told me from the very beginning that I'll get vitamins with my initial kit but after that, if I want to use a different brand, that was totally fine.

Don't give in to her. Do what you feel is right for your body.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:43 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
OMG don't let her bully you, especially if they made you feel bad! My coach allowed me to buy my own, but only after she went over the numbers, which was more than fine. She needs to worry about her stats, not you. It isn't your fault if she can't pull her weight as a coach, and it is NOT cool to bring that down on you. Sheesh.
Thank you for your reply. I don't think she made me feel as bad as she made me angry. After I wrote that post I started looking around on the web for alternative products. I'm also going to go through some of the previous threads and read what everyone else uses for IP alternatives and switch over. I don't need her frustrating me or her snitty attitude which I've encountered on more than one occasion.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:48 PM   #29  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Get it on your own and weigh yourself. Lindora.com has identical IP shakes and other such products for a third of the cost. I've been doing it this way for a month and lose as much as everyone else and pay a lot less
Old 08-25-2010, 02:48 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsnwv View Post
My weigh/measure didn't go as well last evening as I had hoped. I've lost 2.5 inches, but only 0.2 pounds. I'm sure it was the extra meat and not enough water this weekend. Not to mention, things have been moving a bit slowly, if you get my drift.

Ah, well. I got rid of another pair of pants this morning that were too big, and am wearing a shirt that I've had for a long time and can now wear again. So that feels pretty good!

Barbara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
I had my weigh in this morning and it was pretty much what I expected. I'm up .5 lb. I knew it hadn't been a good week even though I had stayed on plan, it was just a feeling. I have been in ketosis all week though. The odd, in a cool way, thing is that I still lost a few inches this week. I'm mostly chalking it up to a stressful week of school and hormones but I wouldn't mind some feedback on the two things I did different...

Yes, I would have liked to have lost weight, but I'm really not too worried about it. It's a downward trend and I'm not stopping.

Barbara and Marion, congratulations on losing inches!!!! Some weeks the scale moves, others it's in the inches. Regardless, either way it's success. Keep going, you're both doing wonderful!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicjul View Post
Meet my new coach on Friday !!! Feel like I am starting over again but it is just what I need !!

Vicjul, glad to hear everything is set for you to begin with your new clinic/coach. New beginnings are always a good thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
I had my WI this morning. Still losing. New
Salesgod congratulations!!! Hope you bought a belt that was small to start with, because in no time at all you're going to be needing to get that hammer out to start making new holes due to how incredible you're doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
Okay, I have a girl problem. Bras.

My chest has finally gone down! Yay! But boo! It has changed shape and everything is foreign up there. I still have 4lbs to lose, and I need new bras.

Do I wait until I hit goal then go get fitted and some nice fitting stuff? Inches come off randomly it seems, and I'm scared I'll invest in new stuff and then keep losin inches.
Hi Xanthia, I'm in the same boat! I need new bras, but can't justify spending the money knowing I'm going to continue losing weight for a while longer. I already have it planned though, once I get down to my "ideal" weight/size, I'll be scheduling a professional bra fitting at Nordstroms! My recommendation is to wait until you reach your goal weight/size and then splurge on bras. Even though you only have 4lbs to go, we both know how much potential there is for body changes. If you really, really, really need new ones, I'd try checking out the clearance racks in your local department stores. Maybe you'll luck out and find 1 or 2 in your current size to hold you over until you get to your new/permanent size. Unfortunately, this hasn't worked for me (yet).

Hey, did you get the George Foreman grill yet?
Closed Thread