Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 09:01 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat - Sunday 8/22/2010

Introduce yourself and ask your questions here!

Ok correct day and date!

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

SOME OTHER HELPFUL LINKS
Tips for Newbies
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...s-newbies.html

Some Recipes
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...cipes-2-a.html

Progress Photos
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ss-photos.html

Link to Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
http://en.calameo.com/read/0000144480f9cc7640ea7

3FATCHICKS FORUM TECHNICAL STUFF
Tickers and signatures:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...questions.html

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...forum-help-40/

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 08-22-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:07 AM   #2  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Sunday!

Thanks!

Happy Lazy Sunday to everyone! Well, unless you're one of the people who LIKE to exercise, then happy workout Sunday to you!
Old 08-22-2010, 09:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 191/155/155 -- revised to /145

Height: 5'6"

Default A woo hoo and ????

Had my kids home this weekend, and despite all the temptations ... I did not stray from IP. I did add an extra packet yesterday, just to get me through "dessert". They're all woofing down apple pie and ice cream and I'm sipping on a chocolate drink, and I didn't mind. That's what's so amazing about being on IP. Going to breakfast this a.m., so that will be a little harder to stick strictly to IP. But since I will be transitioning to Phase 3 for my cruise, I will follow those guidelines for breakfast and hopefully not do a lot of damage.

Question: for those of you who use the Keostix, do you ever register "high"? I used these when I did Atkins a couple of years ago, and picked some up this week, but the readings are always "moderate." Do you have to reach "high" to see success? Just wondering.

Thanks for taking the time to answer!
Old 08-22-2010, 09:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Thanks!

Happy Lazy Sunday to everyone! Well, unless you're one of the people who LIKE to exercise, then happy workout Sunday to you!
I'm trying to get my butt in gear to go for a hike. I went out yesterday and my hips still feel it. Right now, the couch is calling my name

To those that are seeing weight fluctuations and getting depressed:

It's natural for your weight to fluctuate by a few pounds day to day due to water and waste in your digestive tract. TOM really affects your water retention and therefore weight. Don't worry, keep on track! Even water (or lack of water) will affect your weight, but that doesn't mean not to load up on it! This is why some people weigh weekly or monthly. If you weigh daily just use it as trend line. I weigh daily but mark my weight on Tuesdays.

IP isn't a magic pill. While it DOES work when you follow the program 100% it isn't the same for all of us. Some of us lose quickly, some of us lose like turtles and have stalls week to week. Some of us find we are sensitive to certain veggies, or even additives. Some of us need x amount of exercise plus the IP eating plan to lose weight. Some can go higher in carbs while still maintaining ketosis but others have to have very low carbs. You need to find all this out by trial and error.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning All!! Yep it will be a lazy Sunday here....rained last night and is still cloudy and cool, so a great day to cuddle up with a fuzzy blanket and a wonderful book ( ha ha I bet you thought I was going to say cuddle with DH, LOL)!!

BTW...down another 1lb today, Yahoo IP

Have a great day!
Old 08-22-2010, 10:06 AM   #6  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Thanks Kelsey.. I too have had years of 'marked' calendars.. no more ..

On yesterday's post I mentioned that the name Elphaba is the wicked witch of the west from the play Wicked..

I was thinking, for me, this journey of weight loss is like pregnancy. The waiting time is the hardest, can't wait to get to the end, there may be cravings, rollercoaster of emotions thru out, and it's my own personal journey, just me and my body, and prayers for guidance.. wow that's scary and exciting in one! The end result= birth of a new me!
Old 08-22-2010, 10:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Thanks Kelsey.. I too have had years of 'marked' calendars.. no more ..

On yesterday's post I mentioned that the name Elphaba is the wicked witch of the west from the play Wicked..

I was thinking, for me, this journey of weight loss is like pregnancy. The waiting time is the hardest, can't wait to get to the end, there may be cravings, rollercoaster of emotions thru out, and it's my own personal journey, just me and my body, and prayers for guidance.. wow that's scary and exciting in one! The end result= birth of a new me!
COASTALCRAFTER: I like your description of our IP Journey!!!!
Old 08-22-2010, 10:18 AM   #8  
Siouxzy

S/C/G: 179/168/150

Height: 5'5''

Hi everyone!
I read through yesterday's posts and replied to one from Linden. But it's not there?!?!? This site is a little frustrating! I was logged in and when i tried to post the reply, it asked me for my log-in again. ??????

My reply was a plea for advice. I am guessing I am a slow loser like many others out there. I'm in week 4 and have lost only 11 pounds. I stick to the program so I am feeling very discouraged.

Last night I was at a 50th birthday party at a restaurant (Wildfire). The menu was fixed for the party and I "thought" I made it work for me. Ate salad with no dressing (and one small leaf of the caesar, just to get the taste), prime rib (all fat removed), and asparagus (with olive oil - they served it with balsamic but I asked for a small portion without). Maybe this is a little OCD, but when I weighed myself this morning, I was UP almost a whole pound!!!!! I don't understand! I thought it takes 3,500 extra calories to gain a pound?!?!

A couple of other things...I've been SUPER emotional for the past few days, and coincidentally, I've noticed that I have the strange bad breath (finally!)that comes with being in ketosis. It is almost like I'm PMS-ing, but Aunt Flo left last week! I also feel slightly bloated?

To add to my concerns, my dad, whom I take after physically more so than my mom, has Hoshimoto's thyroid condition, and a goiter. I had my thyroid tested a few years ago (T levels) and they were within normal. But I am wondering if possible thyroid conditions are slowing me down.

Sorry, I know this is a rant, but i feel so depressed after a weight GAIN after everyone complimented me on my will power last night. It is SO frustrating. I am crying as I type, and just want to go lie in bed all day, but I can't, hubby is out of town for the 4th day in a row and there's no one to watch the kiddos.

Any insight or words of advice the senior members have would sure be apprecated.

I'm also a little frustrated with my "coach." She doesn't seem knowledgeable enough. She does the weigh-ins and measurements instead of the chiropractor whom I met with initially. I feel like they are new to this program and don't have the knowledge yet - makes me thankful I found this board!

Susie
Old 08-22-2010, 10:24 AM   #9  

Hello everyone. I am new to this group and am doing IP for myself also to see if it something I want to add to my clinics.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:28 AM   #10  
Siouxzy

S/C/G: 179/168/150

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
I'm trying to get my butt in gear to go for a hike. I went out yesterday and my hips still feel it. Right now, the couch is calling my name

To those that are seeing weight fluctuations and getting depressed:

It's natural for your weight to fluctuate by a few pounds day to day due to water and waste in your digestive tract. TOM really affects your water retention and therefore weight. Don't worry, keep on track! Even water (or lack of water) will affect your weight, but that doesn't mean not to load up on it! This is why some people weigh weekly or monthly. If you weigh daily just use it as trend line. I weigh daily but mark my weight on Tuesdays.

IP isn't a magic pill. While it DOES work when you follow the program 100% it isn't the same for all of us. Some of us lose quickly, some of us lose like turtles and have stalls week to week. Some of us find we are sensitive to certain veggies, or even additives. Some of us need x amount of exercise plus the IP eating plan to lose weight. Some can go higher in carbs while still maintaining ketosis but others have to have very low carbs. You need to find all this out by trial and error.
Thank you, Xanthia!! I just put up a post on this exact issue, my apologies for not seeing your message first. I guess I should just "chalk it up" to I'm a slow loser?? Still, very frustrating.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:36 AM   #11  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrShannon View Post
Hello everyone. I am new to this group and am doing IP for myself also to see if it something I want to add to my clinics.
Welcome Dr Shannon! It's great to have Dr on board. Are you a General Practioner ?
Old 08-22-2010, 10:40 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 238/154/150

Height: 5'7" Started IP 07/19/2010

Novak and Kelsey: Thank you so much for your inspiring posts. I'm getting close to the point where I was when I did weight watchers 2 years ago and quit for no particular reason other than:
1. I thought I should have lost more weight than I did in that time frame
2. People were starting to question how much more weight I wanted to lose and when I told them 60lbs, I got no support and all kinds of questions.

No one has a right to dictate my goal weight except my body and perhaps input from my doctor. It shouldn't matter to anyone else how much I lose, how fast or slow I lose, or which path I take to lose. MYOB! If someone genuinely has a question about the program, I will share what I know but for the most part, I am going to be evasive about how much I've lost, how much I want to lose, and how I am doing it. Someone at work was telling me how unhealthy the program is and when I told her as someone who suffers 2-3 migraines per week...I have not had a migraine in 2 weeks, she didn't quite know what to say.

This is my journey. No one can do it for me nor can anyone take it away!

Last edited by lilblackdress; 08-22-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Hi I have been on Ideal Protein 7 weeks and love it. My Mom put me on WW when I was 10 for the first time, so I have been on the diet yoyo for my entire life. This program has simply changed my life and I want to shout it from the rooftops for all people that are like me that could eat small amounts, be busy and still be overweight!! I am down 25 pounds and many inches, am energetic for the first time in my life and feel good about myself. I have been reading these posts for the entire time and love this site, it is super helpful. I have told my friends and coach at IP about it.
Siouxzyx you need to hang in there, don't weigh first thing in the morning after eating out wait a while let your body get rid of what you put in it. When I was on weeks 3 and 4 my weight loss was slow too, I have a slow metabolism. On weeks 5 and up things really have kicked in for me, it just took my body longer!! Hang in there don't give up!!! Thank You to all that post on this site, you are wonderful!!!

Last edited by mbswainer; 08-22-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:14 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbswainer View Post
Hi I have been on Ideal Protein 7 weeks and love it. Thank You to all that post on this site, you are wonderful!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrShannon View Post

I read all the posts everyday and you will get sooo much information and really amazing inspiration from all the posters here!!!

Last edited by elle12; 08-22-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:40 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 197/153/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone! I've been on IP for 13 days now and I'm down about 12 pounds according to my scale, but I'm pretty sure that I've knocked myself out of ketosis? I've had stir-fry w/ green cabbage and a few cherry tomatoes for the last two days, and yesterday I was starving all day and had a horrible headache. I woke up with the headache today too, but put some extra sea salt in my pudding shake and had some coffee so feeling much better now thankfully. Anyways, I hadn't even thought about the green cabbage until I read it on yesterdays IP daily thread.
Could that have knocked me out of ketosis? I was feeling good, and not feeling too hungry most of the time until yesterday. I'm hoping to get back into ketosis either today or tomorrow at the latest! I'm loving this diet, but I'm still learning for sure!
Any suggestions on how to get rid of this starving feeling STAT!?
Closed Thread