Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 05:19 PM   #31  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Hi pitakitten....sorry you are having a tough time. Hope things straighten out soon. Sending hugs....
Old 08-22-2010, 05:43 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
Massive depression here which has nothing to do with diet. Arggg

Hope you feel better soon.....

Last edited by elle12; 08-22-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:06 PM   #33  

Height: 5.8

Hi all

PITA, hun Im sending you cheer up vibes and a virtual hug. I hope whatever is bringing you down soon passes.

As for me, 25 days til my wedding and Im heading back to phase 1 tomorrow to hopefully get atleast 10 pounds off. I so badly want to hit 220 for my wedding which would be 85 pounds lost. This last month off plan has shown me I can and will be sucessful at maintenance but Im happy to be going back to phase 1. No water retention or bloating for this bride to be

Have a great night everyone
Old 08-22-2010, 06:32 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

weeks are slow going... lucky to hit 3 pounds a week. This is getting a bit depressing actually.... seems I will be on phase 1 much longer than I had anticipated (
Old 08-22-2010, 06:34 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Pita: Sending you some sun from Oregon...although we haven't had much this summer. Do you ever get Seasonal Affective Disorder? I actually have a friend who has it, and said that some of her symptoms haven't gone away in summer like they normally do here...it's been a strange one. Feel better.

I'm going through my closet today to try and weed out some of the clothes. Almost nothing fits, as I haven't been this weight in more than 12 years. Since I want to lose another 15-20 AND I've heard so much about the changes your body continues to go through in the last phases by Novak and others, I'm not buying anything much...which is becoming more and more of a problem.

I have a pile for goodwill (not worth asking the taylor if he could fix it or not possible to fix) and a smaller pile of favorite stuff that I'm going to miss if he can't fix it. I had a moment of frustration about having nothing to wear yesterday...and about the fact that some things only fit me well for 2 weeks, then, I realized...um, hello! You're supposed to be HAPPY about this. Sheesh.

I had too much protein yesterday and not enough veggies (about a cup and a half short...), crazy day full of eating out and parties, BUT, honestly made the best effort possible, which is all I can ask. Back on track today.

Traveling for the first time (plane) next week and with only carry on so I can't take the chocolate RTD's that I rely on...re-reading the travel threads.

Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:41 PM   #36  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default Good morning

Well, I just wanted to say that once, even though I know most of you are eating your dinners. And I could stay up until 2:00 am and say it but LCW hadn't yet posted the REALLY GREAT opening post for the day. I know because I checked. So from my house to yours, Good morning!
Old 08-22-2010, 07:25 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Not seasonal jessica. My own doing, sad over something very stupid that I have done and do believe that my life changed because of it.

Thank you all for the well wishes. I"ll climb my way out of this self made pit.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:30 PM   #38  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
i was wondering if anyone knew if we were allowed soya cheese during Phase one?
Nope. No soy cheese or other. Just a little tiny bit of milk in coffee in the am, and you can't sub that out for something else.

Quote:
Massive depression here which has nothing to do with diet. Arggg
*hugggs* Tomorrow is another day. Let yourself have a down day and then start again tomorrow.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 248.6/215.6/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post

One of the things I find so inspiring from this forum is the fact that men and women of all ages are taking control of their health/weight. ....
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post

Weighing, measuring and packet pulling does not a coach make. If you want more information, it may work to let your coach know in advance that you have questions. I hope that she would then slow down and take the time to actually coach you.
Isn't that the truth! I'm so lucky to have a coach who has been on the IP program and who really listens. She doesn't have time for a lot of questions during weigh-ins, but we're encouraged to email her for clarifications.

Quote:
Linden I've been thinking about your post about your slow progress. I came across a post in another forum here at 3FC by a woman who discovered that artificial sweeteners were slowing her weight loss. Following a lower-carb plan perfectly plus the allowed 3 packets/day of splenda, she wasn't losing pounds. When she stopped the sweeteners, her weight loss started. Over the years, health issues, life stresses, and medications, her tolerance for splenda/sucralose had dropped to 0 or very close. Unfortunately the only IP packets without sugar or sweeteners are the soups, omelet and plain pancake/crepe. It might be worth a try for a few days.
I've read this, too. I use stevia or xylitol exclusively - except for the IP packets, of course. Fortunately, I've never really had a problem with Splenda so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post

I'm going through my closet today to try and weed out some of the clothes. Almost nothing fits, as I haven't been this weight in more than 12 years. Since I want to lose another 15-20 AND I've heard so much about the changes your body continues to go through in the last phases by Novak and others, I'm not buying anything much...which is becoming more and more of a problem.

I have a pile for goodwill (not worth asking the taylor if he could fix it or not possible to fix) and a smaller pile of favorite stuff that I'm going to miss if he can't fix it. I had a moment of frustration about having nothing to wear yesterday...and about the fact that some things only fit me well for 2 weeks, then, I realized...um, hello! You're supposed to be HAPPY about this. Sheesh.
I can't wait to have that problem!

Last edited by gibster; 08-22-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:42 PM   #40  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

OMG! I've just read through all of today's posts and it's as though I'd stepped back to two months ago when the posts were upbeat, nurturing, really helpfully encouraging and generous. Hot dam! (I hope that gets past the censor because I really mean it.) You people are the greatest. IP is great. But for me, you're the very best part of the program. Heartfelt thanks.

Last edited by Linden; 08-22-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:53 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Thank you Xanthia, I thought soya cheese was a no no, but a friend was over last night and her DD's coach told her she could have it!! I will pass this info along to her.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:11 PM   #42  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Thank you Xanthia, I thought soya cheese was a no no, but a friend was over last night and her DD's coach told her she could have it!! I will pass this info along to her.
JoshB used Veggie Shreds in his first round of weight loss, and you really can't beat his results... so I added them in Phase 1 on occasion, and still use in Phase 4.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:12 PM   #43  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Hi SUSIE. I found your earlier post -- it's in 8.20.10. Cheers.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:19 PM   #44  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Sassy....so excited for you. You look wonderful.
Sillyputty...you are doing awesome. Those numbers are so good. I don't think there is another diet around that would give you those numbers. As has been mentioned, everyone loses at a different rate. While it is sometimes discouraging to read about huge losses from some people, try to come to terms with how your body handles the diet and remember that 3 weeks ago you couldn't wear those jeans.....now you can!!!
I cleaned out a bunch more stuff, today, too. I was sad about a couple things, but I got over it!!! I am saving some money each week so I can go and get a couple new outfits when I reach my goal. I have been having a lot of fun at the second hand stores. I had never really shopped for clothes there before. Now I find that I don't want to pay department store prices!! Right now I only have 1 pair of jeans that fits, so I will be checking out those racks sometime this week. I LOVE IP!!! Hope everyone had a great weekend and that you are ready for a new week.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:32 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post
As for me, 25 days til my wedding and I'm heading back to phase 1 tomorrow to hopefully get atleast 10 pounds off. I so badly want to hit 220 for my wedding which would be 85 pounds lost. This last month off plan has shown me I can and will be sucessful at maintenance but I'm happy to be going back to phase 1. No water retention or bloating for this bride to be
Congratulations on your maintenance apprenticeship! What empowering knowledge that is -- "I can and will be successful at maintenance." WOW!

Your 10 lbs in a month is doable. And you know how phase 1 goes this time. I hope you've put aside a little extra coin for the extra alterations your gown will probably need!

Quote:
My own doing, sad over something very stupid that I have done and do believe that my life changed because of it.

Thank you all for the well wishes. I"ll climb my way out of this self made pit.
Pita, sorry to hear that you've done something you consider a "stupid" action. I hope you can see that the action is what's stupid (if that is the case). Although it may have changed your life, it doesn't mean anything about you, ok? Yeah, I know that I don't know what you did and that I don't know you. Anyone with more than a few miles on the odometer has done things they wish they hadn't, has made life-changing decisions without accounting for the consequences, and has hurt people they love. I hope you'll find your way to forgiving yourself.
Closed Thread