Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 09:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Default IP Daily Chat 8/20/2010

New day, new chat.

NSV: Yesterday one of my little ones gave me a king size Butterfinger bar because I'm "her favorite". Well well. We all know a king size anything is the kiss of death on IP. I accepted it from her to be nice but knew immediately what I had to do. When our speech therapy session was over, I went and gave it to someone else. I wasn't about to allow that to enter my front door. I've come too far to turn around now.

Wooo hooo for a lifestyle change.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:43 AM   #2  

Height: 5'10"

Smile Happy Friday!

Now THAT is some strong will power girl! Great Job!!

I had one of those days this morning where you look in the mirror and think, How did I get here?? Well that's exactly what I said - and it's only been 2 1/2 weeks?!! I can totally tell a difference! So I went to my closet and picked out a favorite pair of pants to wear to the office. And OMG! They really are big!! So big, that I doubt I'll be wearing them in 2 weeks. Do you know how long it's been that I've had pants be big on me (without having to go UP a size???)

I LOVE Ideal Protein!!
Old 08-20-2010, 09:44 AM   #3  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

I haven't read everything this past week or 2, as you all know, I'm out of it for now. I get why we had to go to the "new daily thread" concept, but what's with every single question getting it's own thread? Is that how it's supposed to be now? We all use to ask our questions in the daily thread, and now with 500 allowed everyday we have the room for sure. Did I miss something?

Great job getting rid of the temptation, Soon 2 be!!!
Old 08-20-2010, 09:58 AM   #4  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
I haven't read everything this past week or 2, as you all know, I'm out of it for now. I get why we had to go to the "new daily thread" concept, but what's with every single question getting it's own thread? Is that how it's supposed to be now? We all use to ask our questions in the daily thread, and now with 500 allowed everyday we have the room for sure. Did I miss something?
I responded in the new thread you opened on this topic.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:59 AM   #5  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Well I went to the fair last night! I had a plan. I went online and looked at the worst and best foods at the fair and decided for my dinner I would have a steak kabob. 2 little pieces of meat and veggies Then I told myself I would have some popcorn as my snack (way healthier than a funnel cake) and I stuck with my plan. I am so proud. I was down 1.5 lbs this morning! Yay.

I actually posted on my Facebook that my goal was to leave the fair without eating a funnel cake and got tons of comments, mostly being that "O c'mon, you're at the fair, enjoy yourself!" Apparently those little saboteurs don't know that I will NOT gain this weight back!

So I sit here at work feeling like I am rewarding myself with my yummy big breakfast, full of resolve to keep going and anxious to start Phase 1 again and get the pesky 10 remaining lbs off!

Kelsey, I am thinking of you today. I feel like I will fall apart when my boys leave. My son is a junior this year, so I am treasuring every moment. Thinking of you today!
Old 08-20-2010, 10:14 AM   #6  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post

I actually posted on my Facebook that my goal was to leave the fair without eating a funnel cake and got tons of comments, mostly being that "O c'mon, you're at the fair, enjoy yourself!" Apparently those little saboteurs don't know that I will NOT gain this weight back!
Good job on sticking to your goal! I don't tend to share those types of goals with others because well intentioned 'friends' who say they want to support me in getting healthy are all to quick to say, something bad is okay because they want to make me happy. I have found it easier to share that I'm focusing on getting healthy and staying committed to my plan is my goal. My husband, who is naturally skinny and eats only when he remembers, and I had a talk a while back and I told him that I don't need you to say yes to me all the time. I need you to say that you can do this and you can be strong. It has made a huge difference.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:25 AM   #7  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Well I went to the fair last night!...
Kelsey, I am thinking of you today. I feel like I will fall apart when my boys leave. My son is a junior this year, so I am treasuring every moment. Thinking of you today!
You did great! You made an ideal plan, and you stuck to it. I'm proud of you. The smells alone are enough to push one over the edge! I remember when I went to the fair in February (I started IP in March) I had choc covered cheese cake, elephant ear, sausage etc., so it's no wonder why was 222 lbs, I thought I could eat whatever I wanted. Now I know better!

I feel like I'm falling apart on the home front. I don't know how to "turn off" being a mom in my home. I've been doing it for 23 years, now all of a sudden there are no children here?!? It just doesn't make sense yet. I'll figure it out, but not without going through the emotions first. I have always been a mom first, before anything else, so I have to find a new me.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
New day, new chat.

NSV: Yesterday one of my little ones gave me a king size Butterfinger bar because I'm "her favorite". Well well. We all know a king size anything is the kiss of death on IP. I accepted it from her to be nice but knew immediately what I had to do. When our speech therapy session was over, I went and gave it to someone else. I wasn't about to allow that to enter my front door. I've come too far to turn around now.

Wooo hooo for a lifestyle change.
Great will power!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristiv88 View Post
Now THAT is some strong will power girl! Great Job!!

I had one of those days this morning where you look in the mirror and think, How did I get here?? Well that's exactly what I said - and it's only been 2 1/2 weeks?!! I can totally tell a difference! So I went to my closet and picked out a favorite pair of pants to wear to the office. And OMG! They really are big!! So big, that I doubt I'll be wearing them in 2 weeks. Do you know how long it's been that I've had pants be big on me (without having to go UP a size???)

I LOVE Ideal Protein!!
Aren't those moments when your favorite piece of clothing is too big JUST WONDERFUL!!!!

Ok Gals....drumroll...down 3lbs this morning....that is 5lbs since Tues..hooray for Phase One and IP!!!! Have a great Friday everyone!!

Last edited by Journeysend; 08-20-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Quote:
Well I went to the fair last night! I had a plan. I went online and looked at the worst and best foods at the fair and decided for my dinner I would have a steak kabob. 2 little pieces of meat and veggies Then I told myself I would have some popcorn as my snack (way healthier than a funnel cake) and I stuck with my plan. I am so proud. I was down 1.5 lbs this morning! Yay.

So I sit here at work feeling like I am rewarding myself with my yummy big breakfast, full of resolve to keep going and anxious to start Phase 1 again and get the pesky 10 remaining lbs off!

Great will power at the fair....I went a couple of weeks ago with my Grandkids and DD and broke down and had a wonderful buffalo burger with all the trimmings (not so bad and only get them once a year!!)
Old 08-20-2010, 11:22 AM   #10  

Quote:
I feel like I'm falling apart on the home front. I don't know how to "turn off" being a mom in my home. I've been doing it for 23 years, now all of a sudden there are no children here?!? It just doesn't make sense yet. I'll figure it out, but not without going through the emotions first. I have always been a mom first, before anything else, so I have to find a new me.
I really know how you feel... I was a single mom, with one child, & when he left for college, I really had an empty nest!.. I don't know what resources you have in your area, for volunteering, for advanced education, for clubs & organizations... I know this isn't an option for everybody, but let me tell you what I did... I packed up & moved 200 miles south & went back to college myself... my son & I graduated a week apart... he was at Texas A&M & I was at Texas Tech... it was wonderful having college in common with him, even if we were in different schools...

Go ahead, let yourself go through the emotions of loss... we'll be here anytime you need us...

lots of hugs
Old 08-20-2010, 11:24 AM   #11  
Dave - The Speedo King

I think it's weird that I'm already thinking about having plain crepes for breakfast tomorrow so that I can try the WF raspberry spread I just ordered. 6 months ago it wouldn't have entered my mind to anticipate trying calorie-free fruit spread. What's happening to me?
Old 08-20-2010, 11:28 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
I think it's weird that I'm already thinking about having plain crepes for breakfast tomorrow so that I can try the WF raspberry spread I just ordered. 6 months ago it wouldn't have entered my mind to anticipate trying calorie-free fruit spread. What's happening to me?
Oh, you will enjoy it for sure! I make mine with Strawberry WF and then roll it up like a burrito.......mmm mmm good !

Have a great weekend everyone !!
Old 08-20-2010, 12:06 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

1 - 8 lbs. 2 - 2lbs. 3 - 2 lbs.
I am having some trouble and could use a little help or guidance or support or just about anything! I can't stop thinking one day at a time I feel like I am suffering through. I am in week 4 and messed up week 2 and 3 by adding coffee mate to my coffee. All I can think of is eating 'real' food' = junk food! I am hungry but not stomach growling hungry all the time, and I feel pathetic! Sorry for being a cry baby and I know if I keep to it I will see results but I am one of those instant gratification people and I want fast results.
Just feeling down and dissatisfied.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:25 PM   #14  

Quote:
As a relative newbie, I hope I can say that it's because there are a whole lot of newer newbies who haven't grokked the way things are (or used to be) done. I've tried inviting people to post in the chat with little success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
I responded in the new thread you opened on this topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
You're brainwashed, didn't you know that?

Great work on all the pounds and inches lost, clothes fitting better and former delights declined!

My weight seems to be in a holding pattern. We'll see when I weigh. I'm feeling well and energetic, so I'll keep going. Thanks all those who've reached goal and still post ... I hope I've learned to be patient and to trust the program and, if need be, to problem solve and adjust my eating.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:37 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
1 - 8 lbs. 2 - 2lbs. 3 - 2 lbs.
I am having some trouble and could use a little help or guidance or support or just about anything! I can't stop thinking one day at a time I feel like I am suffering through. I am in week 4 and messed up week 2 and 3 by adding coffee mate to my coffee. All I can think of is eating 'real' food' = junk food! I am hungry but not stomach growling hungry all the time, and I feel pathetic! Sorry for being a cry baby and I know if I keep to it I will see results but I am one of those instant gratification people and I want fast results.
Just feeling down and dissatisfied.
Pegsi, sorry you're feeling down. Making the change from eating carby-transfatty foods in whatever quantities we want to the Ideal Protein program is simple, but not easy.

You've had a great 3 weeks -- down 12 pounds an average of 4lbs/week! That's right within the promised average of 3-5 lbs for women.

Step away from the coffeemate, lass! Can you get the ready-made shakes from your coach? Lots of people here like a bit of that in their coffee. I recently discovered -- through this board -- that I need to eat 4 cups of veggies PLUS unlimited lettuce every day. I've been working on meeting the 4 cup quota this week and am much less hungry.

There's a lot to learn. I thought I'd never remember how much water for each packet. I actually wrote the amounts on each packet with a sharpie marker so I could easily see it. (40-something eyes and vanity about glasses) Now I don't need to look at my notes or the instructions of my regular items.

Be patient with yourself, ask questions, follow the program, and you'll be fine!!
Closed Thread