Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 06:01 PM   #121  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
here's an idea...I wonder if we should start a sticky called something like "Using the IP Forum: Start here for all the "how-tos". We could put in there things like
--weight ticker
--posting photos
--responding /multiquotes
--exceeding 500 messages
--what/where are all the past chats for people who want to read them
--etc.
I know when I first started I had a lot of "technical" issues and would have liked this. What do others think?
Sounds GREAT!! esp for the newbies!
I would love links to other weeks postings, esp before I joined you all! A place where posting before and after photos would be awesome too!!
Old 08-08-2010, 06:04 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Just wondering if any of the gals from Canada have found a place to buy the Shake Weight? My upper arms are really waving and need help !!
Old 08-08-2010, 06:17 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 221/165/155 started 8/10/10

Height: 5' 8 1/2"

Quote:
here's an idea...I wonder if we should start a sticky called something like "Using the IP Forum: Start here for all the "how-tos". We could put in there things like
--weight ticker
--posting photos
--exceeding 500 messages
--etc.
I know when I first started I had a lot of "technical" issues and would have liked this. What do others think?
As a newbie, I can't tell you how much I'd appreciate something like this. Great idea! Thx!
Old 08-08-2010, 06:34 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

just checkin if pics worked... and still struggling with not be obsessed about the scale... I'm workin on it!

The pic is of a very recent tattoo (Did it hurt? YES!!! Would I do it again? NO!!! But I LOVE how it turned out :h:

Last edited by sillyputty; 08-08-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:35 PM   #125  

Quote:
--weight ticker
--posting photos
--exceeding 500 messages
--etc.
I think it's an excellent idea. Though I must I admit that I'm probably biased. Last weekend or the week before, I started drafting a series of messages on most of these topics, with the links to the technical thread and/or instructions. If you want 'em, lemme know!

Quote:
Originally posted by CoastalCrafter:
I would love links to other weeks postings, esp before I joined you all!
Go to the main IP forum. Look up in the top right. See the #s? Click on the button "Last" and you'll see chat threads from late 2009. Enjoy!
Old 08-08-2010, 06:40 PM   #126  
aka, Rosie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
For those of you who like the IP plain crepes, I came up with a comparable recipe using Maple Grove Farms sugar-free pancake and waffle mix (about $3.79 from Netrition) and unflavored whey protein isolate (I use the NOW brand from Netrition - 1.2 pounds for about $15). The recipe makes 3 medium pancakes and has 150 calories, 5.5 g. carb, and 20.5 g. protein. The whole box makes about 14 servings. I used to count this as a restricted item, but now I don't since it only has 3 1/2 net carbs (6 total).

Mix well:
1/6 c. pancake mix
1/6 c. whey powder
Stevia or Splenda to taste

Add to above:
1 t. oil (counts in oil for the day)
2 T. water

At the end, add:
1 egg white, whipped with fork until frothy (You may want to add the entire egg).

Heat pan on medium to medium high heat and spray with a little PAM. Cook like regular pancakes, turning when bubbles form on top. Serve with Walden Farms pancake syrup.
Hi Bev,
I know you posted this under the alternative sticky, but I have a question and don't want to fill up the sticky. I'm on phase one do you think this could be used as an unresticted there? Is that what you meant (under phase1 protocol) by "I used to count this as a restricted item, but now I don't since it only has 3 1/2 net carbs (6 total)."? Thanks, Rosie.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:41 PM   #127  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Just wondering if any of the gals from Canada have found a place to buy the Shake Weight? My upper arms are really waving and need help !!
I just use the IP shaker !!! Just give it a few extra shakes above your head, etc. I'm sure the neighbors who can see into my kitchen window at night must think I've got a few loose screws when I'm mixing up my evening snack But hey, my arms are shapin' up
Old 08-08-2010, 06:41 PM   #128  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
...had an AWFUL carb loaded weekend (no excuse for it, out of towner celebrating Bday and all) and I did climb Stone Mountain yesterday... so don't know what of everything (if any of it) did it...but I believe I will now be hating pizza
Love you, darlin', but you need to snap out of it and get with the program. Just like I needed to get off my butt (great as it may look) and get to the gym.

Start fresh tomorrow. You can renew your relationship with pizza in Phase 4... if you still want to. (So far, I really haven't... so maybe it's just as well if you break it off now.)
Old 08-08-2010, 07:00 PM   #129  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Default IP didn't promise me a rose garden...

I've been on IP for almost 5 months. I've lost 46 lbs. I still have a long way to go. I usually try to be inspirational, but tonight I'm just not feeling it . I had to choke down my salad today for lunch. At dinner I wanted protein, and more protein, but no more veggies and no more salads.

Sorry everybody. Phase 1 for this long is starting to take its toll. Anyone else been on Phase 1 for this long? Maybe you can tell me how you're doing?

Last edited by Kelsey; 08-08-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:05 PM   #130  
aka, Rosie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post
I think it's an excellent idea. Though I must I admit that I'm probably biased. Last weekend or the week before, I started drafting a series of messages on most of these topics, with the links to the technical thread and/or instructions. If you want 'em, lemme know!
I started doing the same thing and even included pics with callouts. Then I started thinking (I have a tendency to over think) "what if the moderators didn't approve?" "Everyone like to answer questions", so I binned it. I think the moderators have to create the sticky. You could PM them and ask them about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2swim View Post
As a newbie, I can't tell you how much I'd appreciate something like this. Great idea! Thx!
Here are a few helpful links:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...questions.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...-messages.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/freq...questions-155/

Last edited by 6710; 08-08-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:16 PM   #131  
aka, Rosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
I've been on IP for almost 5 months. I've lost 46 lbs. I still have a long way to go. I usually try to be inspirational, but tonight I'm just not feeling it . I had to choke down my salad today for lunch. At dinner I wanted protein, and more protein, but no more veggies and no more salads.

Sorry everybody. Phase 1 for this long is starting to take its toll. Anyone else been on Phase 1 for this long? Maybe you can tell me how you're doing?

Kelsey, you are an inspiration to me. I first noticed you, being the same height and starting weight as me. I have looked at your success and look up to you, and in a way, am trying to follow you. You have done a great job and will continue to do a great job. You have had a stressful week with picking an outfit and thinking about the interview, among all the other things you are thinking about. This will pass, tomorrow will be a new day, and you will be on track again. Rosie
Old 08-08-2010, 07:22 PM   #132  
aka, Rosie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Jayne View Post
I just use the IP shaker !!! Just give it a few extra shakes above your head, etc. I'm sure the neighbors who can see into my kitchen window at night must think I've got a few loose screws when I'm mixing up my evening snack But hey, my arms are shapin' up
What a great idea! I haven't thought about using the shaker bottle as an excercise tool. I do sort of go crazy when I'm preparing the packets.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:31 PM   #133  
aka, Rosie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
You can find it on Amazon.com, and if you Google "shake weight" they have an official site, shakeweight.com, they ship to Canada. (I didn't create the hyperlinks because I don't want to get in trouble for posting links that may not be approved.)
Old 08-08-2010, 07:42 PM   #134  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post

I'm sorry you're not feeling 'it' today Kelsey....you have been so positive to me as I go through the 20 pound challenge and I'm grateful to you for that.

When I've seen your pictures lately - I've been really inspired by you and I think you should be so proud of what you have accomplished. I can't give you the advice you are looking for as I am just in the middle of it here too (and have more to lose than you) but I want to encourage you to stay in the now. Slap on that hot outfit you had the other day and really have a look at yourself again ! WOW !! That is all I can suggest. Along with sending you a BIG !!

As for the veggies....I took a break from eating sooooo much lettuce lately and that really helped me. I'm back to eating it again at both meals (usually) but that made a difference for me. I just stuck with the veggies and protein. All I can say is HANG IN THERE !!

Em Jay
Old 08-08-2010, 07:55 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 217/210/140

Height: 5'2"

Default great idea

That would sure be useful. I'm still trying to figure this site out and that sounds like a great idea!
Closed Thread