Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 06:20 PM   #196  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Where did you get your necklace and bracelet? What is the service you refer to that has your medical info online? I would love to have these things for myself and for my family.
It turned out my sisters and I each had different needs, so they went with a more traditional online company that has a wide array of choices for medical alert information, much of which is a little more like jewelry.

I went with RoadID, which targets runners, cyclists, etc. They have "interactive" versions of their products, and since I live alone with no family in the area, I decided to go with that for the dog tag, but a regular version for the wrist. I did that because I wanted the one on my wrist to display my allergies and ICE info right up front. Since my sister is an EMT, we talked about it a great deal, wanting to take full advantage of the number of characters available. The dog tag displays less personal data, but gives the access info for the detailed profile.

The interactive service is free for the first year, then $10 annually. If you buy two items that reference the same records, you get two years free. But seriously, $10 a year is not a bad deal... that's a couple of IP packets for some of us...

Anyway, take a look... it's a really good site; you can build your ID online and see exactly how it will look. They give you lots of help, but if you want any insight into the logic my sister and I used, just ask. Should you decide to go ahead and order, Google coupon codes, as there are quite a few out there. I had one for 10% off...
Old 08-09-2010, 06:55 PM   #197  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Seriously, it's Monday, and you guys are on page 14?!?!? I quit!!
Old 08-09-2010, 07:27 PM   #198  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
Tough for you young ones to keep up with the old ladies, huh?
Old 08-09-2010, 07:37 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 173/164/144

Height: 5'2

Novak & Carla. Thank you for sharing. Your stories were moving and an important reminder to everyone.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:40 PM   #200  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
It turned out my sisters and I each had different needs, so they went with a more traditional online company that has a wide array of choices for medical alert information, much of which is a little more like jewelry.

I went with RoadID, which targets runners, cyclists, etc. ... Should you decide to go ahead and order, Google coupon codes, as there are quite a few out there. I had one for 10% off...
Thanks Novak! I am looking into it. I wish I could get my dad to use one. Although, on the ocean, who is going to rescue him???? He travels a lot and spends many times on the water. I sometimes think if something happened how would it go.

Quote:
WHERE have you been!!???? We started this thread on SATURDAY. It is three days old. LOL... get busy, get caught up. If anyone has seen your facebook lately, they know, "you got some 'splaining to do!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Tough for you young ones to keep up with the old ladies, huh?
hahaha Once again, wise words from Yoda!
Old 08-09-2010, 07:43 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 173/164/144

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Well Hello girls (and guys)

Summer has been a rush of events and chaos. I can't believe I only was on my computer once the whole time. But alas, like all good things it must come to an end. I am back at work today for the start of school is just 2 weeks away.

Its been a good summer. I have been in Maintenance since the last week in June and have gone to 2 weigh ins. I have lost 2 lbs over the last month and a half and my coach is pretty proud. I think in September I am going to go on Phase 1 for a couple of weeks and get down to 150. I am officially a size 10 and even have 8's!! I was a 16 in March. I feel so much better and when I look back at old pictures am embarrassed at what I looked like. When I walked into my office today my boss said "Holy Crap, how much weight have you lost?" Great start to my day!!

I've missed you all and loved reading how you are doing. Welcome to all the Newbies. I know I must seem like one too, but I'm just returning. Talk to you soon.
We don't know each other (yet) but I wanted to welcome you back. I am totally thrilled to see another person maintaining. The program is so effective that sometimes it feels like it is too good to be true. I absolutely love to read the postings from people who are enjoying life and still maintaining their weight loss. Congratulations for all you have accomplished.

Last edited by mommajen88; 08-09-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #202  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2swim View Post
In two more hours I leave for my first visit to the Wellness Center to get started. Filled out the paperwork for the diet that was faxed to me. Getting VERY excited, although stressed about getting on the scale and getting measured. Since I knew I was starting the diet Tuesday, I've been pretty out of control...trying to get all my comfort foods in. Ugh. Can't wait to have this destructive behavior behind me. Am wondering how much weight I'll lose on the jump start. My sister and niece each lost 8 lbs. That seems incredible. This whole diet seems incredible....and so is this site.
You'll do just fine; you're already embracing the spirit. And it's lovely to have so many different ways to succeed. Not pounds this week? But look at the inches! The body fat percentage!
Old 08-09-2010, 08:47 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Well Hello girls (and guys)

Summer has been a rush of events and chaos. I can't believe I only was on my computer once the whole time. But alas, like all good things it must come to an end. I am back at work today for the start of school is just 2 weeks away.

Its been a good summer. I have been in Maintenance since the last week in June and have gone to 2 weigh ins. I have lost 2 lbs over the last month and a half and my coach is pretty proud. I think in September I am going to go on Phase 1 for a couple of weeks and get down to 150. I am officially a size 10 and even have 8's!! I was a 16 in March. I feel so much better and when I look back at old pictures am embarrassed at what I looked like. When I walked into my office today my boss said "Holy Crap, how much weight have you lost?" Great start to my day!!

I've missed you all and loved reading how you are doing. Welcome to all the Newbies. I know I must seem like one too, but I'm just returning. Talk to you soon.
I am also fairly new to IP. I just looked at the pictures in your profile. OMG! Your avatar picture is beautiful. I would love to see you post the March pictures and current pictures on the progress photos thread. This thread is so motivational to both new and old members.Good luck with your new goal!

FYI: I just got an order in today of several different flavors of liquid stevia. I made a rootbeer float for my night snack. I took a vanilla pudding pack and put in the blender with ice, water, splenda, a small amount of knox gelatin powder and 3 small drops of rootbeer flavored liquid stevia. It was excellent! What a nice treat. I love IP!
Old 08-09-2010, 08:47 PM   #204  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
Girl we are ALL there at one point or another... I kick myself looking at all that started with me and have lost 3 X as much because they have stuck to the program... all on phase 3 and 4... I got off the wagon for the wedding and honeymoon and just recently starting again...UGH... yeah but guess what? we don't accomplish anything by stressing, that only works against us so I am happy and working on me again... I think staying in a "good place" emotionally is what helps everything move. Hang in there and it will move again!
I feel the same way as you, I want to kick myself for cheating and vacation set backs...I could have been finished a few months ago. Well, onward I go!!
Old 08-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #205  

I had my 3rd weigh-in today and I lost 4.4 lbs. Thus far I've lost 11 + on IP and had lost an additional 10 lbs in the previous month. I know I shouldn't have been but I was disappointed but I am. I guess it's cause I have a LOT more to lose (I have two weddings in the very near future I am attending) one on 8/20 and one on 9/18... I doubt I'll even be close to my goal by then. I'm so upset with myself for getting in this shape ..oh well
Old 08-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponzu View Post
I had my 3rd weigh-in today and I lost 4.4 lbs. Thus far I've lost 11 + on IP and had lost an additional 10 lbs in the previous month. I know I shouldn't have been but I was disappointed but I am. I guess it's cause I have a LOT more to lose (I have two weddings in the very near future I am attending) one on 8/20 and one on 9/18... I doubt I'll even be close to my goal by then. I'm so upset with myself for getting in this shape ..oh well
What are you thinking? Eleven pounds in three weeks is awesome! Don't be so hard on yourself. I don't know how much you need to lose, but you need to break it up in to small goals. Persistence, IP and this forum will get you there! Keep up the good work and stay POSITIVE!
Old 08-09-2010, 09:08 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Thank you, friends. I'm fine. You all are so sweet and so supportive. I think sometimes Sundays are hard for me when DH is on nights (he's on now, and this was only the 2nd Sunday - he'll be on for 2 months), and yes, all the interview stuff, and the boy turns 18 this Thursday, and is heading out. SO - thanks for all the love and good ideas. I'm sorry I was the pooper today! I have leaned on you all so much!!! You really great peeps to have in my corner. I've just had my hot chocolate and now I'm going to bed. Tomorrow will be an IDEAL day! Heck, I've lost weight the past 2 mornings, so I'm off to a great start for the week.
Hi Kelsey, I'm well into my 6th month and have definitely had a few adult trantrums and pity parties. But afterwards, I just pick myself up and continue on. Recently I've begun to realize a positive aspect of this process taking so long - it's allowing me time to honestly look at why I gained almost 100 lbs in 2.5 years, how to make healthy food choices and how negatively sugar (and carbs) effect me. There are other things I've learned also, but my point is that time can be good and beneficial. Yes, I gravitate towards the tortoise: slow and steady wins the race...

So to those of you out there who have a large amount to lose, stick with it. Most days are easy. Others will be hard, but you'll get through it.

And Kelsey, you weren't being a pooper. All of us have moments when we need the support and encouragement of others. That's what makes this site so wonderful: everyone shares the good and the bad.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:24 PM   #208  

S/C/G: S/C/G -- 240/183.5/150

Height: 5'4

For those doing alternate IP products I found a web page that has items with some that have the exact same ingredients as the IP products...the product line is called Proti-thin and I just ordered all my fav bars and some orange drink check it out

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...facturer_id=23

let me know what you all think I am all about saving moneys
Old 08-09-2010, 09:41 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 211/166/140 started: 5/25

Carla,
Thank you for opening your personal life to us. I'm very sorry for your tragic loss. My family have had many medical issues over the years but I never really thought about getting the emergency ID bracelets.

Novak, thank you to you as well for such an amazing story.

my best, dina
Old 08-09-2010, 09:42 PM   #210  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Quote:
Bahhhaaahhh....Lightweight.....kids I tell ya got no stamina these days Wait till its sunday and the have already started a new new thread then you will be in trouble..... and no QUITERS here missy just loser

Last edited by WannabeIP; 08-09-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Closed Thread