IP Weekly Chat August 7th - 13th

You're on Page 10 of 32
Go to
  • Quote: I started doing the same thing and even included pics with callouts. Then I started thinking (I have a tendency to over think) "what if the moderators didn't approve?" "Everyone like to answer questions", so I binned it. I think the moderators have to create the sticky. You could PM them and ask them about it.
    Gosh, guys, why don't you drop this information in "Tips for Newbies"? And the rest of us will profit, too.
  • Carla, thank you so much for all your research and motivation to make me read labels and learn more. The choice of throwing out the egg yokes for me had to do with high cholesteral, but that was a personal choice. I also use Walden Farm MAYONNAISE, but the mustard helped with the yellow color and gave it a kick. And my triglycerides were very high. Amazing to me is that on this higher protein diet, my lab work has improved in only 4 weeks by being low carb.

And the cellulite issues. WOW. We are in a heat wave, and I have hidden my legs for 6 years. I don't wear skirts, or shorts. But I am so encouraged by the ladies on this board, and the motivation and honesty of real help and support.

Kelsey, I loved that you kind of took us with you on your job interview. The shoes were perfect. You have carried me through more days than you can imagine. Hope the dark cloud goes away soon.
  • Quote: just checkin if pics worked... and still struggling with not be obsessed about the scale... I'm workin on it!

The pic is of a very recent tattoo (Did it hurt? YES!!! Would I do it again? NO!!! But I LOVE how it turned out :h:
    It is beautifully done. The top of the foot...ouchie!!
  • Quote: Sorry everybody. Phase 1 for this long is starting to take its toll. Anyone else been on Phase 1 for this long? Maybe you can tell me how you're doing?

I don't know what I can add to what others have said but I can emphasize how much of an inspiration you've been. That's probably the last thing you need to hear when your feeling dragged down. Just makes you responsible for one more thing? But you are really appreciated.

Interviews are one of the most stressful job-related experiences anyone can go through. That you handled it with aplomb doesn't exempt you from the gross let down afterward. And the (last?) chick off to college in a week or so? And all the pressure that builds up until you find out who got the job, especially if you're an in-house candidate? Lady, you deserve a break. Or a shoulder or twenty. I kind of appreciate your feeling close enough to let us know how you feel. God, I hope things look better tomorrow.
  • clueless
    As you can tell I obviously don't know how to quote.

Anyway, I meet with my coach tomorrow so maybe your posts will make more sense then.

I do have a question though. I have been working with a trainer and do not want to stop that. At the seminar I went to regarding this program, we were told not to do anything the first two weeks. I'm not sure why.

What is your take on exercise? I work with trainer 3 days a week, do cardio and attend zumba classes. I have been going about 6 months but have plateaued with the weight loss the past 3 months. Eating better than ever have but not dropping the weight. A practitioner at a clinic I go to recommended this program.
  • Quote: here's an idea...I wonder if we should start a sticky called something like "Using the IP Forum: Start here for all the "how-tos". We could put in there things like
    --weight ticker
    --posting photos
    --responding /multiquotes
    --exceeding 500 messages
    --what/where are all the past chats for people who want to read them
    --etc.
    I know when I first started I had a lot of "technical" issues and would have liked this. What do others think?
    I had hoped, in part, that this is what the "Tips for Newbies" sticky would turn into.
  • Quote: Hi Bev,
    I know you posted this under the alternative sticky, but I have a question and don't want to fill up the sticky. I'm on phase one do you think this could be used as an unresticted there? Is that what you meant (under phase1 protocol) by "I used to count this as a restricted item, but now I don't since it only has 3 1/2 net carbs (6 total)."? Thanks, Rosie.
    Rosie- I know you posted this for Bev and hopefully she'll weigh in, but I have been using her pancake recipe as an unrestricted item for the past couple of weeks and I'm in phase 1. They're very good and I haven't slowed in loss at all (I had mostly been using only the IP puddings before).
  • Quote: just checkin if pics worked... and still struggling with not be obsessed about the scale... I'm workin on it!

The pic is of a very recent tattoo (Did it hurt? YES!!! Would I do it again? NO!!! But I LOVE how it turned out :h:
    Very pretty! As you can tell by my icon I'm a big fan of the lack of black outlines I have an anklet that goes on top of my foot, and yup, HURTS!!!
  • Quote: Wow, Just realized....BevS is not a book worm???? ;-)

You look absolutely FANTASTIC!
    Thanks, Elizabeth!

Quote: Oops! I did the caterpiller because I hadn't seen one on here with it.... sorry I "took" it from you, Bev! You can always be the original blinking caterpiller, okay?!

My other choice would've been a picture of my dachshund, but there's one of those on here already!
    No worries, OnMyWay, I had been wanting to use my own picture for a while now and finally did it. Now I'll still get to see the bookworm. We've had a couple of others use it in the past as well. Welcome to the forum!

Quote: Bev - love the new pic! You look great!!

Also, thanks for sharing your pancake recipe a while back.. I've been eating them every day!
    Thanks, kplus! And you're welcome for the recipe.

Quote: Hi Bev,
    I know you posted this under the alternative sticky, but I have a question and don't want to fill up the sticky. I'm on phase one do you think this could be used as an unresticted there? Is that what you meant (under phase1 protocol) by "I used to count this as a restricted item, but now I don't since it only has 3 1/2 net carbs (6 total)."? Thanks, Rosie.
    It is definitely Phase 1 friendly. I started out considering it as a restricted item since the IP pancakes are restricted, but they are higher in carbs than my recipe.

I might not be able to log on very much this week. I am visiting with my middle son and his family in North Carolina this week. I'm using their computer, but I think it's time to give it up for awhile.
  • Quote: Need to go to the store and can't tear myself away from this board. LOL. Does anyone mind if I ask a cellulite question? Just curious if any of you had cellulite prior to losing weight and if you've noticed any reduction in it since being on this diet. A lot of you girls are young and may not have experienced the horrors of it yet. I'm in my 50s and my legs are really looking gross. Hoping cellulite reduction might be a pleasant side benefit from this diet...but maybe I'm looking for too much. My sister's seems to have improved, but she started out in better shape than what I am.
    i'm 25 and have had cellulite on my butt and legs since having kids. after losing this almost 30 lbs, it's practically disappeared

carla

you are my idol and you rock! always here to answer questions so informatively, thankyouthankthankyou for all you do!

dk

you're doing great, pick back up and start again today. that's all we can do as humans. make a mistake, learn and move on. you're beautiful and such a motivator for us all

coastalcrafter
    there already is a progress photos thread, check it out!
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ss-photos.html

• Quote: here's an idea...I wonder if we should start a sticky called something like "Using the IP Forum: Start here for all the "how-tos". We could put in there things like
    --weight ticker
    --posting photos
    --responding /multiquotes
    --exceeding 500 messages
    --what/where are all the past chats for people who want to read them
    --etc.
    I know when I first started I had a lot of "technical" issues and would have liked this. What do others think?
    Quote: I started doing the same thing and even included pics with callouts. Then I started thinking (I have a tendency to over think) "what if the moderators didn't approve?" "Everyone likes to answer questions", so I binned it. I think the moderators have to create the sticky. You could PM them and ask them about it.
    Quote: Gosh, guys, why don't you drop this information in "Tips for Newbies"? And the rest of us will profit, too.
    Ok ... I see that Linden added a post to the Tips for Newbies thread. I have too ... with links to posts with IP ingredients, Phase information and I've attached a PDF with the supplement information on the 3 main ones.

Special agent 6710 would you like to collaborate on detailed instructions on forum usage?
  • Quote: Love you, darlin', but you need to snap out of it and get with the program. Just like I needed to get off my butt (great as it may look) and get to the gym.

Start fresh tomorrow. You can renew your relationship with pizza in Phase 4... if you still want to. (So far, I really haven't... so maybe it's just as well if you break it off now.)
    Well I am back on track today already... this head cold is killing me though LOL Ugh

Quote: As you can tell I obviously don't know how to quote.

Anyway, I meet with my coach tomorrow so maybe your posts will make more sense then.

I do have a question though. I have been working with a trainer and do not want to stop that. At the seminar I went to regarding this program, we were told not to do anything the first two weeks. I'm not sure why.

What is your take on exercise? I work with trainer 3 days a week, do cardio and attend zumba classes. I have been going about 6 months but have plateaued with the weight loss the past 3 months. Eating better than ever have but not dropping the weight. A practitioner at a clinic I go to recommended this program.
    So as not to repeat everything on exercise again, here is a link to THAT thread
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-exercise.html
  • Kelsey....I'm so sorry you are feeling down. I have also been on over 5 months. When I am feeling a little down, I go take a walk, remind hubby how long it has been since we had a little fun!!(I know, TMI), get on this site so I have to type(and not eat) or go play the Wii. I also like Crystal Light Raspberry Lemonade. That changes things up for me a little and it tastes so good. One of my friends on IP uses it with a little vodka when she goes out. Probably not allowed, but it works for her.
    I am waiting for one of my friends to give me the rhubarb slush recipe she made the other night. It had rhubarb, splenda, vodka(I don't know what else) and you put it in the freezer and make a slush. Serve it with tonic water or sprite. She brought it for all the IP people. It was good. That was the first drink I've had since being on IP. I will post the recipe when I get it. I know it probably doesn't fall within the guidelines, but I bet some of you will love it. Could be good for after IP, too.
    Kelsey, I'm thinking about you and sending good vibes your way!!!
  • Quote: Kelsey, you are an inspiration to me. Rosie
    Quote: I'm sorry you're not feeling 'it' today Kelsey....
    Em Jay
    Quote: I don't know what I can add to what others have said but I can emphasize how much of an inspiration you've been.
    Quote: Kelsey....I'm so sorry you are feeling down. I have also been on over 5 months.
    Thank you, friends. I'm fine. You all are so sweet and so supportive. I think sometimes Sundays are hard for me when DH is on nights (he's on now, and this was only the 2nd Sunday - he'll be on for 2 months), and yes, all the interview stuff, and the boy turns 18 this Thursday, and is heading out. SO - thanks for all the love and good ideas. I'm sorry I was the pooper today! I have leaned on you all so much!!! You really great peeps to have in my corner. I've just had my hot chocolate and now I'm going to bed. Tomorrow will be an IDEAL day! Heck, I've lost weight the past 2 mornings, so I'm off to a great start for the week.
  • Quote: I've been on IP for almost 5 months. I've lost 46 lbs. I still have a long way to go. I usually try to be inspirational, but tonight I'm just not feeling it . I had to choke down my salad today for lunch. At dinner I wanted protein, and more protein, but no more veggies and no more salads.

Sorry everybody. Phase 1 for this long is starting to take its toll. Anyone else been on Phase 1 for this long? Maybe you can tell me how you're doing?

Taking its toll on me too! I am 6 months today on IP and have lost 45.9 and 33 inches, so I'm a month behind you. I'm ok with the food, not too sick of it or salads yet, but veggies are a pain in the butt.

I have had a horrible stomach/intestinal ache since yesterday morning. I think the salad I had out friday night (field greens) was contaminated. I've never gotten sick on this diet before.

I'm going on vacation in about 5 weeks and my coach says I only need to go on phase 2 for a few days and then phase 3 for a week or two. Maybe that will shake things up for me and help me when I return to Phase 1 when I get back to lose my last 27 lbs. I hope!!!!