Old 08-03-2010, 09:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/138/128

Height: 5'5

Default Seems that I am stuck with my weight

Hi guys. I did loose 6 lbs in week 1 and I am on week two. This is day 10 to be exact-- and I have lost the 6 lbs on the first 3 days and have been stuck there ever since. is this normal?
Zebra35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:29 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

very normal, you can see a 3 lb drop overnight, it's strange but very possible and common. keep up the good work!
mamaerinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 288(WLS)/160/150

Height: 5' 6.25"

Agree. I lost 9.6# the first week, 3.4# the 2nd week, 1# the 3rd week and it looks like I may have lost 2# this week. I have been following the plan exactly.

One thing I can say is that I have lost a lot of inches. I am 176 # and a size 10. Previously at this weight and was a size 12.

One thing I deceided was to try to stay off the scale at home. I was weighing every day. That was fun in the first and 2nd week when it is moving in one direction. However, some days I see gains and I have not been "bad". It is just part of the fat burning process. So I am focusing on following the plan and know I will get there.

Another thing I have to say...is that I am seeing muscle and firmness that I can't beleive. I have gained and lost weight many times....this plan does what it says...it is absolutely amazing!!! Hang in there!!!!
terrid61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:26 AM   #4  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrid61 View Post
Agree. I lost 9.6# the first week, 3.4# the 2nd week, 1# the 3rd week and it looks like I may have lost 2# this week. I have been following the plan exactly.

One thing I can say is that I have lost a lot of inches. I am 176 # and a size 10. Previously at this weight and was a size 12.

One thing I deceided was to try to stay off the scale at home. I was weighing every day. That was fun in the first and 2nd week when it is moving in one direction. However, some days I see gains and I have not been "bad". It is just part of the fat burning process. So I am focusing on following the plan and know I will get there.

Another thing I have to say...is that I am seeing muscle and firmness that I can't beleive. I have gained and lost weight many times....this plan does what it says...it is absolutely amazing!!! Hang in there!!!!
You have lost 4 pounds a week average. Have you ever done that on a diet before? I never have.

You are doing great. You say you are gaining muscle and losing fat. Well, muscle weighs more, so you are not seeing the fat loss on the scale, but you are seeing it in inches and clothing size. Relax and enjoy the wonderful changes your body is going through.

As far as the scale is concerned, you have to expect some variance from day to day that may mask your losses. In Phase 4, I still weigh daily (never did before IP), so I know that I don't weigh the same every day; I move around in a 3-4 pound window. Because I'm eating normal food again, the window is probably greater at this stage of the diet, but you have to expect fluctuations even on Phase 1. That's why they warn you about weighing daily. If it gets you stressed out, don't do it. But if you keep track so you can learn more about your body, and understand that processes are constantly going on that affect your daily weight, then it can be very enlightening.

Last edited by Novak; 08-03-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:43 PM   #5  

Thanks guys... My coach is somewhat clueless so I am doing this emailing back and forth with the area rep. So this was very helpful.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra35 View Post
Thanks guys... My coach is somewhat clueless so I am doing this emailing back and forth with the area rep. So this was very helpful.
Zebra,

That must be frustrating. Would you mind my asking some questions?

How far into week 2 are you? Please don't worry if it doesn't show immediately! Keep trying and I expect you will see a result.

Are you measuring your food and getting in all your water, salt, oils?

When you started what type of diet were you eating before? Was it a low carb or fairly well balanced diet or was it higher in carbs?

Have you discussed with your coach if you are taking any medications that would interfer with weight loss?

Do you have any health issues that can interfer or slow down things? For instance, I have a low functioning thyroid.

What types of foods did you eat week 1? What did you add or change week2? Are you using any restricted products? What how many and how often?

Are you exercising?

How much water are you getting?

If the answers to the above are good for the plan and this goes on for a few more weeks with no loss:

Have you seen a doctor to determine what can interfer with weight loss?

Sorry, just trying to rule some things out. There are a few metabolic issues that effect a very small group of people that prevent them from responding to anything ketogenic or atkins like. Dr Scott Rigden, a bariatrician, notes in his book that "hypersensitivity/allergy to eggs and milk or having a t4- t3 conversion problem could influence it. Also, for some things like estrogen dominance or PCOS with insulin resistance sometimes create issues that can take a bit to work through. And, for a metabolic X type person they MUST have at least 30% of the diet in the form of fat (this is not). Leaky gut syndrome can also compromise weight loss. Another possibilitiy, if you are in a fairly high state of chronic stress your body can over produce stress hormones that can block what you are trying to do."

If you are in an extremely carbohydrate sensitive state you may have to drop the carbs very low for a few weeks, add fat to compensate for the calories, and force your body to respond.

Don't give up yet.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 08-04-2010 at 02:11 PM.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:45 PM   #7  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

I lost 7 pounds my first week, 1 pound my second week and 4 pounds my third week. Don't worry about it.
amylew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 288(WLS)/160/150

Height: 5' 6.25"

Thanks Novak... I can see that you are abslolutely right....look at your success! Appreciate your comments.
terrid61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:58 AM   #9  
Sandra

S/C/G: 210/168/145

Height: 5'7"

Just hang in there and don't stress about daily weight changes. Even the humidity can affect how much water we retain in our bodies. I always see a three to four pound fluctuation over a period of a few days and fluctuate two to three lbs from morning to night!
What really counts is the longer term, weeks and months!

Last edited by CheeseCake4me; 08-04-2010 at 06:58 AM.
CheeseCake4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:31 PM   #10  

Carla, thanks for your questions and your support. I have been hypothyroid for a long time and have been using 100 micro grains of synthroid a day for about 2 years now. I have been on a fairly well balanced diet before and I just stopped b. Feeding 3 weeks ago. I was specifically advised not to exercise for the first 2-3 weeks so I am off that right for now. I am drinking about 96-100 oz water a day and I have cut the restricted foods I had used in week 1 after having read the posts here-- as I mentioned before my coach did not warn me about this, so I found out about it thru the posts online. That's about all I can think off... I will see how much I weigh on Friday, which will be my day 14 and let u know.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:30 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra35 View Post
Carla, thanks for your questions and your support. I have been hypothyroid for a long time and have been using 100 micro grains of synthroid a day for about 2 years now. I have been on a fairly well balanced diet before and I just stopped b. Feeding 3 weeks ago. I was specifically advised not to exercise for the first 2-3 weeks so I am off that right for now. I am drinking about 96-100 oz water a day and I have cut the restricted foods I had used in week 1 after having read the posts here-- as I mentioned before my coach did not warn me about this, so I found out about it thru the posts online. That's about all I can think off... I will see how much I weigh on Friday, which will be my day 14 and let u know.

You had an above average weight loss in the first half of week 1. I did too (5.8). My second week 10 days after WI 1 was average, 3.3. The day after I weighed in, I dropped 3 lbs! Weigh in 3 was 5.7. I really want my weight loss to follow a straight line and I want to KNOW or at least be able to figure out what the key levers are to maximum weekly loss.

Unfortunately the body has its own wisdom and the human brain hasn't figured it all out. Zebra ... you've been through a lot of significant body changes in the last while: pregnancy, birth, breast feeding, stopping breast feeding. Your body figured out all those complex processes, mostly on its own.

In the early stages of being on IP, would you consider trusting your body and the program to figure out the best way for you to shed the pounds?
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:34 PM   #12  

U are rift lcw32. Even though the scale is stale, I feel lighter... And I guess that's all that matters ))