Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #136  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Dude!! We MISSED you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshb View Post
Hey guys after about a 2 month or so vacation im back on track and ready to lose 40 pounds to get to the 200 mark,Ive been on IP for 2 weeks now! In October im taking another vacation im going to california for 5 days, and then after that vacation gonna try and get down to my goal! just checking in haha
Welcome back! We've thought about you a lot on the boards, hoping you'd be back!

Hope you had a GREAT vacation! Stick around for a little while... don't be a stranger.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:16 PM   #137  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
A couple of weeks ago, I woke up one morning about 2.5 pounds higher than the morning before. I went back to Phase 1 for a couple of days, intending to stay there until I was 3 pounds under where I wanted to be. But I only stayed there until I was back at goal. Now is just not a good time to be without carbs--my husband started giving me grief again over it. He keeps saying I look like I've been in a concentration camp. It makes me feel so loving towards him--not!
Thats where my husbands long lost brother went.... we have been looking for him everywhere. If I hear one more time "arent you done yet?", your too skinny..... BevS are you back to regular carb eating? or do you still choose lower carb alternatives if given the chance? I am not sure if I am wrong in thinking this but I think I will always have to watch my carb intake and frankly some of them I dont miss and as Carla I think had said I think I feel so much better without... I had tummy turbulence (TT) as CalgaryGirlie coined it (miss you hope you and family are well) before IP which I dont have anymore which is fantastic for me and all those that have to be around me
Old 08-02-2010, 05:19 PM   #138  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Quote:
Hey guys after about a 2 month or so vacation im back on track and ready to lose 40 pounds to get to the 200 mark,Ive been on IP for 2 weeks now! In October im taking another vacation im going to california for 5 days, and then after that vacation gonna try and get down to my goal! just checking in haha
HEy welcome back we missed you.... so how did phasing off go? How was the break?
Old 08-02-2010, 05:26 PM   #139  
Started IP August 1, 2010

S/C/G: 290/246/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Wow Josh! Your weight is right around mine.... how long did it take to lose the first 100lbs?? I'd really like to know please
Old 08-02-2010, 05:36 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Welcome back, Josh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
Thats where my husbands long lost brother went.... we have been looking for him everywhere. If I hear one more time "arent you done yet?", your too skinny..... BevS are you back to regular carb eating? or do you still choose lower carb alternatives if given the chance? I am not sure if I am wrong in thinking this but I think I will always have to watch my carb intake and frankly some of them I dont miss and as Carla I think had said I think I feel so much better without... I had tummy turbulence (TT) as CalgaryGirlie coined it (miss you hope you and family are well) before IP which I dont have anymore which is fantastic for me and all those that have to be around me
I still try to watch my carbs. Of course, I'm eating bread and fruit again so I'm definitely out of ketosis. I still use the Walden Farms syrups and dressings, and try to have only one cheat day per week. When I get stressed though, I still head for my homemade cookies. Now I only have one or two though instead of half the jar. I still drink only water--no soda for me. I know I don't want to go back to being heavy. I'm doing just fine without acid reflux, thank you very much.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:34 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

down only 2 pounds according to my scale for this week.... how depressing.... I know, I know.... seems to be every second week people have a larger loss. Now for some optimism ) that is 2 pounds more than what I would have had not on IP right?
I know I am not eating salad everyday both lunch and supper... some days ya but some days I am really tired of it and get in the veggies. I have yet to find a great dressing that will make me want to eat more salad... and yes I have been searching... wasting olive oil and vinegar like crazy LOL... Looking for something sweetish...
Old 08-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #142  

Quote:
When I get stressed though, I still head for my homemade cookies. Now I only have one or two though instead of half the jar.
I have either avoided these altogether, or or just ate a bunch of them. This kind of self-control is something I look forward to as a result of this program. New motivation ... thanks for sharing!
Old 08-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #143  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Hello everyone,
I must say you have all been very busy while I was away! Congrats to everyone on losses and NSV
JOSHB Welcome back!

So I just got back from Denver for our Scentsy convention. My scale says I am up 3lbs but I know I will loose that pretty fast. I had so many great compliments while I was there. People who I have not seen in about 3-6 months were so impressed at how well I looked.
I also got some great news while I was there. I get to go to the Bahamma's in January for training, and the incentive trip is an all expese paid FAMILY trip to Walt Disney World in Florida! I earned the incentive trip this year to Hawaii and it was so much fun. I am so stinkin excited. This last year we went to mexico for leadership and that was so much fun but this year it is a 5 day cruise. Gotta get that beach bod now for sure.
I will have surgery on the 12th, still a little scared about that but hopefully after I can devot all of my attention back to IP with no interuptions.
Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 08-02-2010, 07:06 PM   #144  

Quote:
Thanks for these!

I like the taste of splenda, but I also use stevia. Some may may be sensitive to its slightly bitter taste though (along with the sweet).

I had a liquid that was bitter. I now use powder and honestly it tastes like sugar to me the liquid didn't, it's called PureVia. What type of Stevia are you using?
Old 08-02-2010, 07:17 PM   #145  
IPeep

S/C/G: 150/145/130

Height: 5'6"

Hello all. I have been lurking on these boards for quite some time but never posted before. I started IP on May 27 and have lost 14 pounds. I am finally realizing that I am really struggling and need to either get things in full gear or do something different. I didn't have a whole lot of weight to lose to start, but want to get to a 22 BMI. I just need to get strict with myself and get through Phase I once and for all. I'm hoping that posting will give me that little extra accountability.

I really appreciate everyone who posts here. You all seem like such intelligent and caring people. Cheers!
Old 08-02-2010, 07:21 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 148/111.5/115

Height: 5'4"

Well, I'm not losing weight at any record breaking pace (down only 1.6 pounds this week, no cheats ) but I have lost inches, and my clothes are looser. My take on this is that a couple of years ago, when I was already postmenopausal, I went on pretty much of a starvation diet and lost about 25 pounds, but VERY slowly--a pound a week at the most. I regained it all as soon as I started eating normally. I figure I probably further screwed up my metabolism and lost a lot of muscle in the process of dieting then, so my rate of loss now is at least better than that and hopefully I'll regain some muscle as well.

Onwards and downwards.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:26 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 183/145/140

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Thank you... that's very kind of you to say. I think we're all trying to maximize everyone's chances of success... for me, it was life-changing, and I truly want everyone here to have a similar experience.
Dear Novak,

I've been a lurker on 3FC since starting IP in late April and just wanted to thank you for all the support and information that you so freely give everyone. You and I are the same height, same starting weight and both live in Northern Virginia; you have been such an incredible inspiration to me. Your before pic was almost like looking in the mirror a few months ago (except you are probably younger) and your after pic is stunning!

It is really appreciated that you remain on the Phase I board to encourage those of us not yet finished. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Mary
Old 08-02-2010, 08:33 PM   #148  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie View Post
Well, I'm not losing weight at any record breaking pace (down only 1.6 pounds this week, no cheats ) but I have lost inches, and my clothes are looser. My take on this is that a couple of years ago, when I was already postmenopausal, I went on pretty much of a starvation diet and lost about 25 pounds, but VERY slowly--a pound a week at the most. I regained it all as soon as I started eating normally. I figure I probably further screwed up my metabolism and lost a lot of muscle in the process of dieting then, so my rate of loss now is at least better than that and hopefully I'll regain some muscle as well.

Onwards and downwards.
Love that -- onwards and downwards! 1.6 lbs lost This time you're losing way more fat and maintaining or increasing your muscle. With more muscle, your body may have some surprises for your scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloheather View Post
Hello all. I have been lurking on these boards for quite some time but never posted before. I started IP on May 27 and have lost 14 pounds. I am finally realizing that I am really struggling and need to either get things in full gear or do something different. I didn't have a whole lot of weight to lose to start, but want to get to a 22 BMI. I just need to get strict with myself and get through Phase I once and for all. I'm hoping that posting will give me that little extra accountability.

I really appreciate everyone who posts here. You all seem like such intelligent and caring people. Cheers!
Accountability is good. Do you weigh in with a coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponzu View Post
I had a liquid that was bitter. I now use powder and honestly it tastes like sugar to me the liquid didn't, it's called PureVia. What type of Stevia are you using?
Someone else will provide the details on this -- but stevia is only stevia. Truvia and Purevia have other things added to them. If I recall correctly from a previous thread, one of them actually has sucralose/splenda in it to deal with the bitter taste.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstina View Post
I hear you...I'm freezing all the time and Ottawa has had record high temps since I started IP in May!! I think it's a combination of the weight loss and being so well hydrated...I hardly sweat anymore. For me the solution will be LAYERS!! I'd rather double up the clothing than the fat!
Thanks. I'd forgotten about layers and will have to keep my eye out for some nice thin silk and merino wool tops.

Not much of a sports nut myself. I do know that when I wiped out trail biking with a more athletic, coordinated friend, my nephews (ages 8, 6, 5) were impressed with my scrapes and bruises. "COOOLLL" is a direct quotation, I believe. Maybe rollerblading or biking as a family and then competitive sports as dad-son time? Ottawa's got so many great trails and walkways.
Quote:
I was just reading the October & November 2009 threads. Welcome back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psully View Post
I'm Paula, I just joined this forum and I'm doing Ideal Protein

I'm on week 5 (my weigh in is on Wednesday!) and I've lost about 17 lbs, down to 132. I can't wait to start chatting with my fellow IPers, seeing as I don't know anyone else doing it!
Paula!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilblackdress View Post
WI #2 today...down 4lbs for a total of 15.5! I am amazed by this program and the support network that has developed on this forum. I've been saying for a long time that I hate to go shopping but I think it was because nothing fit right. I'm getting the itch to go shopping!
That's amazing! Have fun shopping.

-----
Today I had a higher carb lunch -- the capuccino drink (5 g) and some turnip chips (8). Odd combo but the flavors worked with a brief intermission. Though if I try this combo again, I could use cinnamon and nutmeg on the turnips.

My biochemistry seems to have been knocked for a minor loop. I've been sleepy and tired since this afternoon. Analytical minds want to know, was it the lunch, the longish walks I had yesterday (2.5 miles) and today (3.0), or a pre-menstrual sympton?
Old 08-02-2010, 08:34 PM   #149  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

I must say, I also appreciate those of you who are sticking around here even after reaching your goal. It is SO inspiring to see where you started and where you are now. It gives the rest of us hope. THANK YOU to all of you!!!
Old 08-02-2010, 08:39 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Hey everyone!!

I want to stop in and say I have not forgotten about you all! I hope all are doing well. I have not been on much, been super busy, bad excuse I know, and my computer is acting up like crazy, I have a bad power supply cord and it shuts off when it feels like it.

I've been doing well, had some slow going for a bit but am up to a two something loss this week, so hoping this gets me back in good loss mode. Either way, I'm loosing and good with that! I have been getting compliments like crazy finally and it is sooo nice. The hard work does pay off y'all, just keep at it, even when that scale doesn't move, don't give up, before long, you'll be looking and feeling so much better!

Anyhow, wanted to say, Hi and I miss you all!!!
Closed Thread