Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 01:19 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6710 View Post
Thanks!!! I will be going to Waco in a couple of weeks, I cut through to IH35 by way of 29. I'll have to leave a couple of hours early to have a look. I also found I can order online if I need a fix before or after then.
Good old Waco. I lived there for 6 years while doing my undergrad and grad work at Baylor. I was there yesterday actually. It's weird how much you can miss a place that you were begging to get out of.

In other news, my bathing suit is too big. The fiance and I had planned on laying out this afternoon but my strapless bathing suit won't stay up and the butt sags. Pretty good problem to have if you ask me.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:19 PM   #32  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
ok ladies, HERE WE GO!

Happy August!!!
Yeah, pass on this. However, my new apartment is upstairs, and has a pool and tennis court. So it looks like I'm going to be getting some exercise after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post

VOTE: STRAPPY (THE FIRST ONES) OR SLING BACKS (THE BOTTOM ONES)

This is the outfit I bought for the job interview. Of course I have no make up, hair, accessories, girdle, etc. All comments, opinions and suggestions are welcome.
Quote:

I like the strappy, one of my favorite things about Cheer was we went through all the physical trauma, but did it all with a smile on our faces. The strappy ones say, "I work hard and look damn good doing it!!"

And she is sooooo cute, Please tell me she does pageants?? She has the perfect face for it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
You're as corny as I am. (No, that wasn't supposed to be another foot joke.)
Gross!!!! Thank you so much for that mental image!!

Last edited by TaylorMayde; 08-01-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:21 PM   #33  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:

This is the outfit I bought for the job interview. All comments, opinions and suggestions are welcome.
My vote is for the Sling backs. You will do great and not need it but, just in case, Good Luck!

Items from the tail end of last weeks thread:

Quote:
originally posted by Jessica:
Ok, what a day! After dropping off the clothes at goodwill, went to Ann Taylor and used a credit I had there...since I don't want to spend any money on clothes, but am getting desperate. I am a solid medium shirt now, but the weird thing is that when I hold it up, I think: "There's no way that will fit" then I put it on and it fits great! It just doesn't FEEL like me yet. Strange. ...

Also, my ***, with much less padding, now hurts to drive that far.
It really is an odd thing. I sometime wonder when I will stop feeling like the me I was and feel like the me I am. So many people talk about this, Novak just posted her experience, it really does let you know how much of who we are and how we see ourselves is not just based on our eyes image alone.

Laughing about your ride. I have the same issue. I remember the day I sat on a chair and thought when I got up my tailbone was gonna be bruised. It may have been the only time I wished for my personal "cushion" to return!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103
Well, I made it through yesterday's stressful and trying day. First, I had an interview with about 25 citizens at 11:00. Then, at 3:00 with the board of education. There were four interviewees. We are suppose to find out Monday evening who the successful candidate is. I know I gave it my best shot...
Also, yesterday evening we went to the wedding reception I talked about. I made it through it too.
I wish everyone a wonderful IP week!
Good luck with the interview! What are you posting to do? Great job with the NSV. It may not have been as you hoped but, it takes time to retrain and you made excellent choices given the party offerings! Having packets will always be better than a cheat!

Quote:
Originally posted by Coastal Crafter :
... I dreamt I ate baked fish ( with butter and bread crumbs ) and french fries!!! Then I asked to see the dessert menu!! I woke up in a panic thinking I actually ate it!! WHEW! To my relief, no cheats yet..

Reading Carla's postings of her weight journey has been so helpful to me.. Carla are you a Nurse??
Ate there any nurses on this board??

There was sweet pizza in my house all weekend and I didn't touch it..
OH it was hard.. It was calling me..... I actually talked to the pizza ( am I going crazy?) saying" I'm so mad I can't eat you, but then if I do eat you I'll have to WEAR you on my thighs!!!!" hey it worked.. I shut the fridge and walked upstairs.. a little crazy goes a long way...
( Til I dreamt of food and woke up in a panic)
Congrats on the NSV and the food dreams! Sounds crazy but many of us have had our best losses on the weeks we dream of food but don't cheat! Can't wait to see how your weigh in goes!

I laughed so hard picturing you standing over a pizza talking to it! OMG, that was funny!

I am so glad my posts have been helpful. No, I am not a nurse. I have been told many times to be one or by Doctors "go to med school". I just love learning about the body. Reading medical information, health info, science is fun for me.

I do know for a fact that several people here have commented on being in the medical field. We have a few nurses, a few in pharmaceuticals, and at least one who works as a pharmacist. We did have someone who was in school to be a naturopathic physician and another was going to be a pharmacist. When I first began there were a few med students. I think there have even been some dental hygienist on the board with us, if I remember correctly. Some of these made goal and moved on. Others have posted far less often. I think some may still be reading but not posting.

Anyway, we do have several from the medical community on here. We also have a few with strong science backgrounds. The other thing we have is, a few people who have careers with Ideal Protein reading the board but not posting and, a few more who are coaches for the program that do post but, , do not promote that to us. I think we have a great board of brilliant people. You will find the advice can be quite exceptional on most occasions and from so many!

Quote:
LCW32:
Weigh-in #3, down 5.7! That's 14.8 lbs in 23 days. ...

Color me convinced -- I'm hooked on IP!
That is WONDERFUL!! What a fantastic week 3 weigh in!

Quote:
Doxigirl:
The nightmares are back. I was dreaming about eating food again last night. I hate that! I always wake up thinking I really did it. I wonder if that will ever go away?

Anyway, heading to Goodwill today with my first big load of "loser" clothes. I hope someone will enjoy them because I never ever want them back! I intend to keep getting rid of everything I can. As soon as it is too big it goes in to the Goodwill tub. I guess you can say our "losses" are someone elses gain.
No, if you are like me, the dreams seem to stay! Funny how it is but, I haven't had them depart yet and I am on week 34.

I love that someone else may benefit from our weight loss. Even if it is just in clothing!
Old 08-01-2010, 01:56 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

I vote strappy -- they are both cute, tho. I'm addicted to DSW!! Love that place.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:04 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:

This is the outfit I bought for the job interview. Of course I have no make up, hair, accessories, girdle, etc. All comments, opinions and suggestions are welcome. [/COLOR]
I vote strappy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
In other news, my bathing suit is too big. The fiance and I had planned on laying out this afternoon but my strapless bathing suit won't stay up and the butt sags. Pretty good problem to have if you ask me.
This is an excellent problem to have. Way to go!
Old 08-01-2010, 02:49 PM   #36  
Nichole

My vote is for the slingbacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6710 View Post
I wonder if there is a DSW in Texas, I'll look them up in a minute. Your granddaughter is a doll, so sweet, thanks for sharing.
There's also one in north Austin in the Arbor Walk shopping center, which is at Mopac & 183 near the Domain.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:30 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally posted by Novak (in last week's thread):
Fortunately, your feet probably won't get a lot smaller on the diet!
Au contraire, mon amie!.. sure, the bones won't shrink, but Friday every pair of hiking boots & shoes I tried on & that fit me were 8-1/2... I haven't worn that size in years!.. AND, yeah, they were women's size, not men's... I had been noticing some of my 9-1/2 shoes were getting looser... fat loss or fluid loss, & maybe one size isn't a lot, but I don't care... I'm just glad to have my old feet back...

hugs

Last edited by Aunt Sheshie; 08-01-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:05 PM   #38  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Au contraire, mon amie!.. sure, the bones won't shrink, but Friday every pair of hiking boots & shoes I tried on & that fit me were 8-1/2... I haven't worn that size in years!.. AND, yeah, they were women's size, not men's... I had been noticing some of my 9-1/2 shoes were getting looser... fat loss or fluid loss, & maybe one size isn't a lot, but I don't care... I'm just glad to have my old feet back...
Wow! You had fat feet! Mine have gotten bigger over the years anyway, especially since foot surgery and a screw in my foot... so no loss there for me!

BUT... I had a fat head! My face is smaller, and I've been having to tighten up my running hats! Strange where we carry weight, and where we lose it on this diet.

So Kelsey, if you're afraid your feet are going to shrink and decide to return a pair, keep the strappies! Who cares what the rest of the office wears? Keep in mind who's doing the interviewing, and what a hot mama you are! Be confident! Make a statement, girl!
Old 08-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

My feet were gaining weight on the tops when I was at my heaviest, and now that its gone, I can fit into some shoes better without 'spilling' out over the top. Honestly, it's one of the things that put me over the edge on going on the diet. "Even my FEET are getting fat!"

I don't know that I fit into smaller sizes, but my feet are smaller in 'places'.

Pita/Carla: I've also noticed increased bruising; I always bruised easier than most, but I've noticed it more lately.

Oh, and I have to take the large sweats I got at ann Taylor loft back, I wore them around the house for about 20 minutes and realized, um, these are too big, and its only going to get worse. MEDIUM pants, here I come.

JC
Old 08-01-2010, 05:31 PM   #40  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Yes, I vote strappy Kelsey! You'll look smart and fashion forward at the same time!! Now how are you wearing your hair???

Carla- you ARE the voice of wisdom in this group and we love ya for it!!

Last edited by Coastalcrafter; 08-01-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:33 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Pita/Carla: I've also noticed increased bruising; I always bruised easier than most, but I've noticed it more lately.
Omega-3 can cause easy bruising. I have been told by my doctor that when this occurs it means you may be taking too much. Reason being, it thins your blood (which is why it is so good for preventing heart attacks & strokes) and therefore your blood does not clot as well. People who are on other medications that thin the blood need to be really careful with Omega-3's.

I wouldn't panic, but please do a little research and talk to your doctor about it.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #42  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
Omega-3 can cause easy bruising. I have been told by my doctor that when this occurs it means you may be taking too much. Reason being, it thins your blood (which is why it is so good for preventing heart attacks & strokes) and therefore your blood does not clot as well. People who are on other medications that thin the blood need to be really careful with Omega-3's.

I wouldn't panic, but please do a little research and talk to your doctor about it.
BevS pointed this out to me, and I stopped the aspirin I was taking every morning. I don't seem to be quite the black-and-blue mess I was for awhile there. On the other hand, I'm no longer abusing my limbs by cleaning my garage, basement, and yard like I was.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:19 PM   #43  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

just seeing if my new profile pic uploaded.....

Old 08-01-2010, 06:54 PM   #44  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

I'm excited for a new week. I made a bunch of asian coleslaw for a few meals, some eggless egg salad (tofu) for dinner and tomorrow, and I went on a hike! I baked some white chocolate cranberry biscotti for a friend for her birthday and delivered that too. My husband was happy, he got sweets! I'm a BIG baker, but have been avoiding it because he will have 2-3 of whatever I bake then not touch them again so they just sit on the counter. I know that's not going to work for me, so I avoid it.

Now to do laundry so I'm respectable at work tomorrow. I just feel so much better today. It is a new month and I only have 2 more lbs as of today until I meet my 15lb mini goal where I buy my George Foreman
Old 08-01-2010, 07:02 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

its not the omega 3s for me because I only and only take one fish oil pill in the morning, and no blood thinners. I just think I lost the fat and now I can see the blood vessels, they are carrying deoxygenated blood so the color us blue...ARGGg I don't know, I might just go get really tanned and be rid of it that way
Closed Thread