Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 10:42 AM   #436  

S/C/G: 173/164/144

Height: 5'2

I am pretty pumped. I started back to Phase 1 on Tuesday (after vacation) and now on Friday I have already lost nearly 5 pounds!! whoot! whoot!
Old 08-06-2010, 10:59 AM   #437  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Just wanted to let you guys know the RTD Shakes are now available for preorder to the clinics, so ask your coach about them!
Old 08-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #438  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn5419 View Post
Scale is not my friend lately but I'll wait to see what inches look like next weigh in.... Why is it that when your so close to a new # it takes so long to get there? I'm about to hit the 30's and I swear the scale is just taunting me!

I ordered a little Lindora product to try it and try to save some $... They had the ready made drinks! I tried Vanilla Pudding/ Vanilla RMD's/ Cherry Jello/ Pancakes/ Choc Pudding (Drinks) and Hot Chocolate & Soynuts. And I remember reading posts that say it took FOREVER to get their order.. I ordered last Saturday and got it today so no complaints here.

Has anyone tried some of the soups?

Have a good week everyone... so many posts it's so hard to keep up w/ everyone!

On a side note, i finally got my promotion at work!! So excited about my new leadership role!
Congrats on the promotion! I know exactly how you feel about how long it takes to get out of certain decades. I stayed in the 250's forever and was so relieved to say goodbye when I finally left last week. I'm hoping my stay in the 240's will be much shorter!!

Please let me know what you think of the Lindora jello. I've been thinking about ordering some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post
Nitenic great job on giving of yourself (literally )! Even though you weren't able to donate blood today, you still made the effort and took the time to help others - which is what counts. When I donate platelets I bring along a container of veggies to eat afterwards and a shake to drink during the donation (as trima takes longer than whole blood donations). My blood bank doesn't have a problem with me bringing my own food, I'd suggest next time you bring along something to eat (especially if your blood bank is like mine: filled with cookies, donuts, candy, juices... Yes, I know why they're pedaling the sugar/high carb stuff - passing out after donating isn't something you wanna do). Anyways, even though you live far, far, far from me, I thank you for giving to your community.
Awwww, thanks! Those are great suggestions. You're right about the snacks... nothing but junk. The cookies were pretty but I wasn't even tempted. I am hopeful that next time I will be able to actually donate, be at/near goal -- and still not want a cookie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
REALLY??? She said that? Obviously she doesn't know the details of lindora are like the old IP rtd shakes. That would mean that anyone who regularly used the IP shakes was essentially on phase 2??? NOPE!
Exactly. Thanks Carla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Jayne View Post
Good morning to all ! Happy Friday and a great IP weekend to everyone !!

I just have a question to anyone who might have PCOS. I have not been officially diagnosed with it but I have suspected that I may have it. I have had a lot of 'trouble' with skin tags. Which is apparently one of the symptoms of PCOS. Now in my 10th week my skin tags seem to be disappearing off of my neck (YAY!!) Has anyone else had experience with this?

Take care everyone !
Emma Jayne
I have PCOS but haven't experienced that. Very cool that they're disappearing though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajen88 View Post
Kelsey, it sounds like you did well at the interview. Seems you managed to prove you could get the job done under pressure. I agree with Novak, if for some reason you don't get the position, that just means there is something else around the corner. I think lots of people leave panel interviews (with tests to boot) feeling a little unsure.
And might I add, you are looking fanatastic!!
I agree and wanted to add that what Novak is soooo true. Just last week I turned down a second interview for a position that I really didn't want, although I was tempted to go anyway. The very day I was supposed to be interviewing I heard back from a position that I really do want and I'm interviewing with that company next week. Amazing how things work out sometimes.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:10 AM   #439  

An unexpected snag -- my parents want me to go to with them to Oklahoma City for a doctor visit, so I'll be away from home pretty much all next week... bummer!.. I'm determined, though, to stick to Phase 2 all week, & I think I can probably do it successfully... the worst part, I probably won't get a chance to visit the forum all that time!.. as I've written in another thread, my parents are just about the biggest naysayers I know, but maybe when they see how much weight I've lost, they'll be a little more cooperative when it comes to my food choices... I don't know, they're sorta unpredictable!.. anyway, I've never been much of a breakfast eater, so it should be easy to get in my protein shake then... then another one before bed... I've never tried the EAS pre-made shakes, but I've read posts from many of you who seem to like them... so today, I'm off to Walmart for a week's supply...

Any suggestions, things I might not have thought of?..

hugs
Old 08-06-2010, 11:20 AM   #440  

Height: 5'8"

Sheila!! Look at you! You go girl!
Old 08-06-2010, 11:26 AM   #441  

Quote:
Good morning to all ! Happy Friday and a great IP weekend to everyone !!

I just have a question to anyone who might have PCOS. I have not been officially diagnosed with it but I have suspected that I may have it. I have had a lot of 'trouble' with skin tags. Which is apparently one of the symptoms of PCOS. Now in my 10th week my skin tags seem to be disappearing off of my neck (YAY!!) Has anyone else had experience with this?

Take care everyone !
Emma Jayne
I don't have PCOS, but I've had a couple of skin tags for the past 2 or 3 years... one in a rather intimate area (I know, TMI) that was particularly annoying... so, I just now checked, & it's not there!!!!!!!.. neither is the one in my arm pit... AMAZING!!!.. I never would've thought of it except for your post... great that yours are disappearing too!.. thanks a bunch, a cool NSV...

hugs
Old 08-06-2010, 11:40 AM   #442  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

The massage was just what the doctor ordered.

Back to the basics of IP! Looking for an amazing loss to counteract the non-loss of last week.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:18 PM   #443  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Sheshie....take celery to eat in the car. Most places have a great chicken salad, but there aren't many veggies on them. Take the little packets WD salad dressing. You might cut up some cukes. While travelling, I find my biggest problem is getting in the oil.

Kelsey...Everything is beyond your control at this point and stressing about it won't change it. Your attitude is good. Sounds like a brutal interview. The best of luck.

Sheila, you look great.

I did take the grandson and friends to the water park. Wore a size 12 suit and decided part way through the day that it was actually too big. (not enough boobage!!!) LOL. Anyway, went shopping yesterday to find a couple size 10 suits. Everyone must be a 10, cause I could only find one. Luckily it fit really well. I am very excited. Just need a little more off my tummy to make it look the best. Also got a coverup...drum roll....in a SMALL!!! Wore a tailored jean dress. It was fun. Still working on posting some pics. Just don't have the time right now.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:45 PM   #444  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
I don't have PCOS, but I've had a couple of skin tags for the past 2 or 3 years... one in a rather intimate area (I know, TMI) that was particularly annoying... so, I just now checked, & it's not there!!!!!!!.. neither is the one in my arm pit... AMAZING!!!.. I never would've thought of it except for your post... great that yours are disappearing too!.. thanks a bunch, a cool NSV...

hugs
Great news !! I know I've been tickled that they are disappearing because they are right visible on my neck ! Sweet !

Soon to Be - I'm a Massage Therapist - and I HIGHLY recommend them !! Congrats on taking care of YOU !
Old 08-06-2010, 01:01 PM   #445  

S/C/G: S/C/G -- 240/183.5/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
Just wanted to let you guys know the RTD Shakes are now available for preorder to the clinics, so ask your coach about them!
YAY!!!!! that just totally made my day, i am going to eat nothing but them for like a month :P
Old 08-06-2010, 01:18 PM   #446  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqklein View Post

Let's see how this reply works and what it looks like. Can someone help me out? Should I be going to see my doctor? Is this a result of "resting/resetting" your pancreas? If I go see my doctor he will probably tell me to get off this diet. HELP!
More often than not a thick coating on the tongue occurs whenever the body is detoxifying. They diet does a version of that. It's removing metabolic waste. As the fat cells are shrinking they are releasing toxins. This will show up as small pimple on the skin (usually on the back), a coating on the tongue, bad breath, change in BMs. Give it about a week. In the meantime don't go around kissing on people or sharing drinks just in case it is something like thrush (very doubtful).
Old 08-06-2010, 01:19 PM   #447  
aka, Rosie

Quote:
Great news !! I know I've been tickled that they are disappearing because they are right visible on my neck ! Sweet !
I hope this works for me, I would love to see all the skin tags disappear.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:36 PM   #448  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
Sheshie....take celery to eat in the car. Most places have a great chicken salad, but there aren't many veggies on them. Take the little packets WD salad dressing. You might cut up some cukes. While travelling, I find my biggest problem is getting in the oil.

I did take the grandson and friends to the water park. Wore a size 12 suit and decided part way through the day that it was actually too big. (not enough boobage!!!) LOL. Anyway, went shopping yesterday to find a couple size 10 suits. Everyone must be a 10, cause I could only find one. Luckily it fit really well. I am very excited. Just need a little more off my tummy to make it look the best. Also got a coverup...drum roll....in a SMALL!!! Wore a tailored jean dress. It was fun. Still working on posting some pics. Just don't have the time right now.
Thanks, good idea about the celery... I've kicked my habit of snacking between meals, but who knows how I'll be cooped up in a car for 5 hours... I'm taking a book along to keep my mind off the boredom!.. my parents like to eat at places like Golden Corral, places with a buffet, so I shouldn't have much trouble getting lots of veggies & a little lean meat or fish...

AND GREAT NEWS about your swimsuit & coverup!.. I'll be glad when I get to wear my old (but still good & fashionable) size 12 suits...

hugs
Old 08-06-2010, 02:55 PM   #449  

S/C/G: S: 236/C: 188/G: 125

Height: 5'5"

We have two family reunions this weekend, one of which I'm in charge of the food. We made potato salad last night (I LOVE potato salad!) but I didn't touch a smidge of it. Spaghetti salad tonight (love that too!) and brownies yet to make. But I'm fixing a nice salad to put in the cooler for my lunch with a bit extra, along with my IP packets, just in case it runs into supper.

At my weigh/measure on Tuesday evening, my coach asked if I had been cheating - some of my measurements didn't drop. No, I hadn't. He asked if my period had started and it hadn't. But I feel kinda bloated and *****y today, like it wants to start. However, the last one was July 21st - so this one would be pretty early! I just wondered if IP does some funky things with one's cycle??

I have/had PCOS myself, but the endocrinologist I saw a few years ago was hesitant on diagnosing me with it, as my periods have gotten a little more regular over the years (not to mention more crampy and heavier). Never mind that I had almost all of the other symptoms . . . he was a goober! He kept reminding me and my husband that to be careful, I could get pregnant. The yahoo apparently couldn't read my chart well enough to see that DH had had a vasectomy!!

Ah, well - it takes all kinds to make up a world!

Wish me luck this weekend!!

Barbara

One for every five pounds lost:

WI#1: -8.2 lbs, -19.75 in. WI#2: -2.4 lbs, -10.00 in. WI#3: -6.0 lbs, -3.25 in.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:07 PM   #450  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Soon to Be - I'm a Massage Therapist - and I HIGHLY recommend them !! Congrats on taking care of YOU !
Interesting.... now that you say this, I got tags when I was pregnant so it must be a hormonal thing, which would make sense with PCOS .... cool another IP plus.
Closed Thread