Old 07-30-2010, 03:11 PM   #1  

Default Diet Cola or No Diet Cola?

I've read that some IP program coaches say it is OK to drink diet colas. Is this true? Our program said no carbonated diet sodas? Thanks!
rocknrealtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

No diet cola, sorry
xanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:26 PM   #3  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrealtor View Post
I've read that some IP program coaches say it is OK to drink diet colas. Is this true? Our program said no carbonated diet sodas? Thanks!
Sodas/colas are bad for you on or off IP... make a clean getaway ;-) The hardest is the beginning ...after a while you will not even crave it.

Last edited by deinekatze; 07-30-2010 at 04:27 PM.
deinekatze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:50 PM   #4  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Closest I've come to have a soda is sparkling water with natural grapefruit flavor. It didn't have any artificial sweetners. Pretty good, even better with a splenda packet stirred in.
http://www.lacroixwater.com/
natchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:01 PM   #5  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
Sodas/colas are bad for you on or off IP... make a clean getaway ;-) The hardest is the beginning ...after a while you will not even crave it.
Totally...they use Coke to clean rust off stuff...... it cant be good for ya!!!! So diet coke has aspartame and can clean your rims.... YUCKY!!!!

This from a former Diet Dr Pepper addict.... I had them change a flavour in the vending machine at our office so I could get my daily fix, the owner of said machine asked someone if I had quit as he never has to stock it anymore.......Yikes!
WannabeIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/161/145

Height: 5'7"

If you can get off of it great. Everything you read will say it's bad for you along with virtually everything else in this world! I lost 60 lbs and didn't give up my Coke Zero, not on IP though.
jenlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:47 PM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

NO SODAS! diet or regular!! if you have to have the fizzy-do perrier or la croix sparkling flavored waters like mentioned above. i am a previous diet dr pepper addict and i would NEVER touch one now, even if it was OK on ip!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 07-30-2010 at 11:47 PM.
mamaerinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:21 AM   #8  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

it eats at your bones too!

Stay healthy folks, truly not worth it. Most of us crave it when we are really tired...and it is because of the sugar drop... eat every 3 to 4 hours your protein and your blood sugar levels will stay even keeled and you won't be hungry or craving stuff. This is off IP, with IP I have also found that if you spread your stuff out, and do eat every 3 to 4 hours the things allowed you will speed up your metabolism and get faster results too... I myself need to get on that.
deinekatze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:05 PM   #9  

Great responses everyone!!! I have only had the equivalent of 2 cans of diet soda in 21 weeks!!!! It was much easier to get off of it than I thought it would be. I totally agree......it's not good for you!!! I had just thought that I'd read that some coaches have not prohibited sodas. I'm amazed how good water & Crystal Light taste now!! I just can't wait to be able to have a glass of ice cold skim milk again!

Thanks again!
rocknrealtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:19 PM   #10  

Diet soda is really bad for you for several reasons..and why put chemicals in your body? Use stevia! It's natural AND has health BENEFITS. I use it in water when I'm wanting something sweet and the good thing is too that stevia is heat stable so it can be used in cooking without the bitter taste of chemicals. I make a 'pancake' of beaten egg whites, stevia, baking powder & vanilla. Tasty and it satisfies my cravings.

Here's an interesting site:

http://www.dietdrinkaddiction.com/
ponzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:19 PM   #11  
Dave - The Speedo King

I kicked the caffeine habit about 6 years ago, and I really don't miss it. And since just about every kind of soda I liked had caffeine in it, I simply lost the desire for it after a while. Even before I started IP, I had pretty much given up on soda, as it really doesn't satisfy thirst, and ended up tasting too sweet.

There's really nothing more satisfying than ice cold water. And it saves a ton of money. I find it funny that I've worked in the same office for 2 1/2 years, but have never made a purchase from the Coke machine in the breakroom. Kick the habit, save money, and enjoy life.
salesgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:58 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponzu View Post
Diet soda is really bad for you for several reasons..and why put chemicals in your body? Use stevia! It's natural AND has health BENEFITS. I use it in water when I'm wanting something sweet and the good thing is too that stevia is heat stable so it can be used in cooking without the bitter taste of chemicals. I make a 'pancake' of beaten egg whites, stevia, baking powder & vanilla. Tasty and it satisfies my cravings.

Here's an interesting site:
http://www.dietdrinkaddiction.com/
PONZU - You should post your "pancake" recipe with measurements in the Recipes thread...sounds really yummy!
Sweetstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:57 PM   #13  
Portland Oregon

S/C/G: 353/319/180

Height: 5'7"

I agree with everyone on the Diet Coke issue, but there is a soda called Hansen's that is all natural, no aspertame, no chemicals and comes in really refreshing flavors like lemon lime and grapefruit. Any thoughts on those on occaision? Also Diet Rite brands have no aspertame. Thanks! Dee
IdivorcedBenandJerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Best NOT TO HAVE any carbonated drinks at all.
Journeysend is offline   Reply With Quote