Old 07-29-2010, 11:07 AM   #1  
Dave - The Speedo King

Default Lindora 30% off through Saturday

My apologies if this has already been posted, but Lindora is having a 30% off sale through July 31 for online orders. I've never ordered from them, but I know some people use their products.
salesgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: S/C/G -- 240/183.5/150

Height: 5'4

So I have been trying to compare the bars/drinks i read the ingredients and some things are a little different....so I asked my coach...who told me oh no you can only use IP stuff...I was hoping to get a genuine comparison by her but all she sees is $$$$$

so is there a huge difference between say the ready made drinks and the caramel nut/vanilla peanut bars? they look the same to me, but i want to super triple check
rinoa1823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:25 AM   #3  
Dave - The Speedo King

I haven't used any Lindora products, but have seen posted that the caramel nut bars are identical. Can anyone back that up?
Old 07-30-2010, 06:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 175.8/168.0/145

Height: 5'4"

I was looking on the website and their chocolate shakes have 8g carbs... isn't this too much? I have been buying the shakes from my local grocery store that have 100 calories, 1g carb, and 22g protein. Is there something better about there shakes?
Kristysf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:34 PM   #5  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
I haven't used any Lindora products, but have seen posted that the caramel nut bars are identical. Can anyone back that up?
If BevS says it is so, then it is so. She is a research goddess.
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 176/158/136

Height: 5'2"

I have not tried the bars because the temperture is so hot I am afraid that it will melt.
My good friend is on the Ideal diet which is good because she is a brittle diabetic and benefits from a weight loss program where she can be monitored more closely. Remember that the cost of the food includes the counseling, and monitoring and office visits.

I knew that I could not afford that program. So I started the Lindora program instead. Now that can be a online program for a cost, or telephone support, or if you live in California you can go to their offices.

I am really cheap. I did none of the above. I found on Amazon a book that explained the Lindora high protein, low carb diet for $3.00 used. It is the same book for sale on their site called Lean for Life phase one by Cynthia Stamper Graff. They belive that you should have six proteins daily, limit carbs to 50-100 grams only. They list the diet with foods only, eggs, meat, cheese,etc. And they also have sample of diets with their food or a combination of real food and supplements.

I have no intention of converting anyone. But when my friend and I eat together, so many of the packages look the same. The outer boxes have Lean for Life, or Lindora, or Promedis, usually packaged from California or Toronto. The chicken Bouillon Soup is one carb and 15 proteins. I use this and stir eggs whites into it to get egg drop soup for extra protein. My friend likes the Ideal protein eggs, which I did not find on my program. We both liked the chocolate cake, but it was not very filling. The soups, puddings all looked the same and had the same directions.

The Madol program has food that is identical to Ideal, but does not have to be sold in a doctors office. IT is still expensive, but you get a discount if you want to sell it, and they push their K Potassium drink supplement.

In a pinch I will buy Atkins Advantage Milk Chocolate Delight Shake, which has 15 protein and 4 carbs, 3 fibers which is 1 net carb.

Overall I have followed these low carb sites since my friend told me about this program. I personally think that the medical community owes Dr Atkin an apology for saying in the 1960's that a high protein diet was unsafe.
Many people have been successful with the low carb concept depending on their body type. This has been a blessing to try a diet that doesn't leave me hungry all the time.

If you want to try Lindora, and miss this 30% sale, don't worry. Every few weeks they will have a 25% off on drinks and puddings. And a few weeks later, on the hot foods. Don't pay full price.

If there is EVER a sale on Ideal, I would love to know about it. My friend said that the people who sell Ideal have a contract that says you must buy their food to stay in the program because the cost includes the actually program and visits. And in her case as a diabetic with health problems I still recommend it for her.

PS. I don't like the Lindora Oatmeal. Nice flavor but doesn't feel right. So I had 2 TBSP of water and egg whites; let it sit for 3 minutes and cook them as crepes. Also the mushroom soups taste artifical/chemical. So I use more water and put it over my grilled beef or chicken.
LynnDear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:53 PM   #7  
Dave - The Speedo King

Okay, so ordering from Lindora turned into a nightmare. I placed an order, then realized I'd left something out. I contacted them immediately to add to my order. I was told to go online and cancel the order, then place a new, corrected order. I did that. And that was the beginning...

Lindora shipped both orders, and charged me for both. When I contacted them, they told me to refuse the UPS shipment for the misshipped order, but only provided me with one tracking number, so it was virtually impossible to know which order was going back -- especially since my wife was the one who was home when UPS came by, and in spite of my instructions, it was impossible to know until we opened the package.

To their credit, UPS was very accomodating. They came back out and switched packages so that I ended up with the correct one. Lindora, in the meantime, did not respond for hours...

When they finally did respond, the response was confusing. They said they were crediting me back, and shipping out the missing items as well as an "additional box of protein" -- so I'm interested in seeing what mystery product arrives.

It's too early to tell if they'll actually credit back the shipping charge, but if they don't I'll be on them like white on rice.

On top of that, the bars that I ordered were melted, of course, which was rather disappointing. You'd think that if they ship regularly, they'd know how to keep things cool, or that they would advise you not to order in the heat. I should have known better than to think that they know better...

30% off was a good deal. But I think I'll skip it in the future.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 176/158/136

Height: 5'2"

what a miserable experience. Please let me know how these products compare with Ideal. You can send back the melted bars if you don't like them. In Louisiana the boxes are hot, especially this summer so I didn't even try the bars. I get Atkins from the store instead because I know they are in an air conditioned room.
LynnDear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:21 AM   #9  
Dave - The Speedo King

As far as I can tell, the bars are identical. So are the soy nuts & soy puffs. I haven't opened the Chili or the Spaghetti, but they appear to be identical as well.

Everything else I ordered was different...

No sense in returning anything to them now, as that would just prolong the nightmare.