Old 08-06-2010, 08:26 PM   #31  

[QUOTE=Novak;3424456]Just went back to consult my weight loss records.

Quote:
We started at a similar weight, though I'm guessing you are taller than me, since I was wearing a larger size when I started. Do you know your current BMI?
I hope I am doing this right...responding to the quote...I do not have a clue as to my BMI, sorry..I am 5'2" tall and when I started this I weighed 181 and my chest was 44DD and I wore xl shirts..my jeans were size 10-12 and now I wear med shirts...my chest has gone down to 38D and I wear size 4 jeans...go figure...I can get into my sons jeans and he wears 30/32 and sometimes 29/32..no my legs aren't that long but 30's are too short. That is where I started..I have lost a ton of inches and 30 pounds. I never did have issues with blood pressure which was my saving grace with my heart problems but I did have issues with potassium levels...I just got all the results of my last blood panel and everything looks better than it has for a while which I love. The only "medication" I take are the multi vitamin, cal-mag supplement and potassium supplement from this diet. I only need to add vitamin D according to my Dr.
I will try doing phase 2 for a few days before I hit phase 3...does anyone know how long I am supposed to be on phase 3 for sure? My coach tells me I am supposed to be on it for 1 week only then start phase 4. Thanks for all the advise and I will read up on everything you recommended.
meemajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:21 PM   #32  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

[QUOTE=meemajen;3424708]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Just went back to consult my weight loss records.

I hope I am doing this right...responding to the quote...I do not have a clue as to my BMI, sorry..I am 5'2" tall and when I started this I weighed 181 and my chest was 44DD and I wore xl shirts..my jeans were size 10-12 and now I wear med shirts...my chest has gone down to 38D and I wear size 4 jeans...go figure...I can get into my sons jeans and he wears 30/32 and sometimes 29/32..no my legs aren't that long but 30's are too short. That is where I started..I have lost a ton of inches and 30 pounds. I never did have issues with blood pressure which was my saving grace with my heart problems but I did have issues with potassium levels...I just got all the results of my last blood panel and everything looks better than it has for a while which I love. The only "medication" I take are the multi vitamin, cal-mag supplement and potassium supplement from this diet. I only need to add vitamin D according to my Dr.
I will try doing phase 2 for a few days before I hit phase 3...does anyone know how long I am supposed to be on phase 3 for sure? My coach tells me I am supposed to be on it for 1 week only then start phase 4. Thanks for all the advise and I will read up on everything you recommended.
Well, bad guess on the height! Read the Phase 3 info on the Life After thread, message #49. You need 2 weeks on Phase 3, not one. For your height and weight, BMI comes in at 27.4; normally, under 25 gets you out of the overweight category. It's not a perfect metric, but it's useful information.

Do you know why the doctor wanted you to stop the diet at 150? Was there a health concern? The way you described it, the doctor was not happy with the way you lost more quickly from the waist down. Is that right? How do YOU feel about your weight loss, and where would you like to be?

Is your coach associated with your doctor or at some kind of weight loss clinic? Just curious... mine was through my chiropractor. It seems funny that they would send you off to do Phase 3--arguably the most critical of the diet--without giving you the protocol to follow.

Yes, please use the links Carla gave you and print out all the information for Phase 3.

I'll be checking back tomorrow.
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:33 PM   #33  

The Dr was concerned about the terrible bruising and the size 4...he said that if I lost anymore weight then I would get sick..fatigue making my heart work harder (I have a bad heart), nauseous, and my vertigo returning. He said that even though I am at 150 the size is more important than the number on the scale for me. He thinks that if I lose more weight then I will begin to become unhealthy. I would like to try and get down to at least 140 but being I'm at a size 4 now where would that put me for sizes? I don't want to be a size 0-2 again (I was that size before I had my heart surgeries) and it sucked the big green twinkie. I feel good now, I can go up stairs without being out of breath, I can sleep all night and my feet and hips don't hurt anymore from the extra weight. Most of the loss was in the middle...upper chest to thighs.
My cardiologist sent me to another Dr in town who deals in this diet...he sent me to Shelley, she is a nutritionist. She has her own weight loss clinic dealing with this diet. She didn't have anything available to give me regarding phase 3 right off hand...it was a bit of a surprise about what the Dr said...I was coming up on the last part of Phase1 with only about 10 more pounds to lose so it was a real shock to find out my Dr said "done"...actually his words were "If you want to keep going for those last 10lbs you can but whats going to happen is you will become sick again because it's going to be too much lost, especially since you wear your weight differently." Honestly, I don't want to go back to the hospital and I don't want to take any more medication so I am going to be happy where I'm at...I feel good and I think I look good.
meemajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:25 AM   #34  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemajen View Post
The Dr was concerned about the terrible bruising and the size 4...he said that if I lost anymore weight then I would get sick..fatigue making my heart work harder (I have a bad heart), nauseous, and my vertigo returning. He said that even though I am at 150 the size is more important than the number on the scale for me. He thinks that if I lose more weight then I will begin to become unhealthy. I would like to try and get down to at least 140 but being I'm at a size 4 now where would that put me for sizes? I don't want to be a size 0-2 again (I was that size before I had my heart surgeries) and it sucked the big green twinkie. I feel good now, I can go up stairs without being out of breath, I can sleep all night and my feet and hips don't hurt anymore from the extra weight. Most of the loss was in the middle...upper chest to thighs.
My cardiologist sent me to another Dr in town who deals in this diet...he sent me to Shelley, she is a nutritionist. She has her own weight loss clinic dealing with this diet. She didn't have anything available to give me regarding phase 3 right off hand...it was a bit of a surprise about what the Dr said...I was coming up on the last part of Phase1 with only about 10 more pounds to lose so it was a real shock to find out my Dr said "done"...actually his words were "If you want to keep going for those last 10lbs you can but whats going to happen is you will become sick again because it's going to be too much lost, especially since you wear your weight differently." Honestly, I don't want to go back to the hospital and I don't want to take any more medication so I am going to be happy where I'm at...I feel good and I think I look good.
Thanks for sharing this information. Your health is paramount, so if you feel good, it sounds like you're where you want to be. Hopefully you have read the Phase 3 materials here on the boards and have a good idea how to go about it in the proper way. It really is important that you do the full two weeks, just as written... eating the full breakfast in one sitting, then continuing the day as though you are in Phase 2.

We'll be around to help you along the way.
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote