Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 09:33 PM   #496  
Started IP August 1, 2010

S/C/G: 290/246/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
I know this sounds crazy but I have been craving rootbeer soda and I never drink soda.. Now are we allowed sugar free soda on IP?? Just wondering..
Hi there, I'm getting started tomorrow as my Day ONE on IP. Had my consultation today and my coach said definitely NO soda... it make your body acidic. We are trying to keep our bodies alkaline to get the weight off. Perrier is OK though and they have flavors as well which I found were a good substitute when I craved soda. Looking forward to getting started on IP although I'm a little leary about the small variety of food choices that we seem to have... maybe my coach isn't carrying them all? Does anyone have a list of all the Breakfast, Lunch/Supper, and snack food available?

Apparently IP is just new into Western Canada, that's why I've never heard of them before. Similar to Nutrisystem which is the only other diet I've had any luck on, but from what I'm reading it appears that it's easier to lose the weight on IP. Certainly hope so!
Old 07-31-2010, 09:44 PM   #497  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petclerk View Post
Hi there, I'm getting started tomorrow as my Day ONE on IP. Had my consultation today and my coach said definitely NO soda... it make your body acidic. We are trying to keep our bodies alkaline to get the weight off. Perrier is OK though and they have flavors as well which I found were a good substitute when I craved soda. Looking forward to getting started on IP although I'm a little leary about the small variety of food choices that we seem to have... maybe my coach isn't carrying them all? Does anyone have a list of all the Breakfast, Lunch/Supper, and snack food available?

Apparently IP is just new into Western Canada, that's why I've never heard of them before. Similar to Nutrisystem which is the only other diet I've had any luck on, but from what I'm reading it appears that it's easier to lose the weight on IP. Certainly hope so!
Congratulations on starting IP! From someone else who has tried NutriSystem, IP is a million times easier and tastier!! If you did good on NutriSystem, you are going to be AMAZED at the results of IP! Here is a Nutritional Sheet that has the list of foods. I hope it helps
Old 07-31-2010, 09:52 PM   #498  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

Thanks Kelsey I will try that...

The tattoo is on my foot- 2 tiger lillies with a piece of driftwood and my two children's names.... the sketch looks fabulous
Old 07-31-2010, 10:30 PM   #499  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
Well, I made a big decision today. I'm changing my goal weight from 140 to 150 for a couple of reasons.

1. When I originally started my goal was 150, then I felt like I had much less to lose than other people at the same start weight, and so dropped it by 10 lbs. I put on 40 lbs over two years of an unhappy time in my life and really wanted to get back to where I was now that that is behind me. I've realized that lowering my goal wasn't something I did for me, so I really shouldn't have done it. It would be cool if I got there someday, but for now I'm going to stick with my original goal. After all, when I reach my goal weight I will have lost 42 lbs and I think that is quite an accomplishment and something I never thought I could do!

2. I am losing motivation and finding that I am not eating everything I should and am making an unbalanced diet unhealthy too. I have not cheated at all, but I know am not getting all the nutrients I should. I would rather get to my original goal, phase out and take a break for a couple of months, and after a few months, if I feel I'm ready and that I need it, start back. I love IP and I know it works and that I can go back to it if I need to and I will lose weight.

3. Getting to 150 will put me in the healthy BMI range and that is what I really want, even more than fitting into size 8's again. I'm into 12's/larges now, so I'm sure I'll be a size 10 after 14 more lbs. I'm comfortable with that.

So, wish me luck. I hope that by the time the 20 lbs to Labor Day Challenge is done I will be at my goal. That goal is giving me the little extra push I need to make it through these last 14 lbs.
you have no idea how many times I contemplated changing my goal weight and yes it had nothing to do with what I wanted, it seemed that looking other's goal weight was making me want to do it. I am so glad that I didn't. Even though each body is different and pounds alone don't mean a thing, I know that emotionally I would have been a mess. Right now my BMI is fine, I haven't taken an ibuprofen for random pain(s) in such a long time. That is my only indication of being healthier inside as luckily I haven't had any other medical problems.

Anyways, I think you did the right thing. For me I did the right thing, the rest is getting the body tight which will happen by working out.

funny I really have no diet issues to report on, other than I made a packet of lindora's cheese cake mix and OMG it was sooooo good. Glad I didn't know about it while on phase 1 or 2. It was a great treat to have and I wont lie, I put 3 blueberries on it too (I had some blueberries for my breaky). Tried to do pilates but my legs were shut from the gym yesterday so went for ~3 mile walk up and down the hill. Walk was nice and horrible, as I had to look at many folk sitting outside cafes having beverages which I shouldn't have.

Last edited by pitakitten; 07-31-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:04 PM   #500  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfergirl67 View Post
Just wondering how you all measure your veggies? In a measuring cup or on a weigh scale
Measuring cup always.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:34 PM   #501  

S/C/G: 198/168/165

Height: 5'8"

[QUOTE=Petclerk;3414101]Hi there, I'm getting started tomorrow as my Day ONE on IP. Had my consultation today and my coach said definitely NO soda... it make your body acidic. We are trying to keep our bodies alkaline to get the weight off. Perrier is OK though and they have flavors as well which I found were a good substitute when I craved soda.

My coach has me adding the Walden Farms syrup to Perrier to give it flavor. If I really use my imagination it tastes sort of like soda.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:38 PM   #502  
Started IP August 1, 2010

S/C/G: 290/246/120

Height: 5'3"

Thanks so much Lisa, that Nutrition Fact sheet is Great! I also found a website that lists all the available products, it's idealproteinweightlosscentre.com. Great for information too
Old 07-31-2010, 11:58 PM   #503  

I discovered something tonight after my shower... hey, I have ribs!.. who knew!..

hugs
Old 08-01-2010, 12:19 AM   #504  

S/C/G: 175/165/150 Started IP 7/28/10

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie View Post
I feel your pain, Steph, and wish for you a good weigh-in. I am surrounded here by leftover cupcakes, baklava and other goodies from my son's birthday yesterday. I'm freezing a few in small batches to have as a treat when I reach my goal. Of course by then I probably won't be interested in junk anymore.

Right. Ha!
I have safely made it through day four, and I'm feeling suprisingly good. My home scale says I've lost 6 pounds, and I don't even weigh in until Monday! I baked chocolate chip zuchinni muffins for my family and found myself constantly reaching for the choc chips/batter. I never realized what a nibbler I was, but I stayed strong. No cheating!
Old 08-01-2010, 12:57 AM   #505  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
Well, I made a big decision today. I'm changing my goal weight from 140 to 150 for a couple of reasons.

3. Getting to 150 will put me in the healthy BMI range and that is what I really want, even more than fitting into size 8's again. I'm into 12's/larges now, so I'm sure I'll be a size 10 after 14 more lbs. I'm comfortable with that.

So, wish me luck. I hope that by the time the 20 lbs to Labor Day Challenge is done I will be at my goal. That goal is giving me the little extra push I need to make it through these last 14 lbs.
I think you will do well and maybe even be suprised by your final size at your ORIGINAL goal. I haven't lost as much in the past 3.5 months as I would have hoped, (not counting my travel up and down weight) only 18 pounds, but I have gone from just getting into size 12 clothes to getting in the size 8 clothes. I have lost so many inches!

I think you are looking at this the right way. You certainly can come back to phase 1 if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
this just in! erin just purchased a pair of size 7 WHITE juniors shorts for the boat today...whoot-whoot!!
Way to go Sexy Lady! I wish I could wear white shorts. I own a pair, they are a nice heavy weight bermuda cut and, I STILL feel to uncomfortable to wear them. You are amazing with your cute self!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
I'm taking FOUR bags of clothes to goodwill -- I can't gain the weight back, I'll be NAKED!

JC
Smart Gal! You won't need them. I did the same thing with my 16, 18, 20's. In fact, this weekend has been about following you and sorting more clothes to go or be sold on Ebay. BF has been laughing at me. I am a clothes horse! He said exactly what you did, "get rid of them so you CAN't gain the weight back."

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietfrenzy View Post
NSV - i tried on an OLD pair of size 10 jean capri pants this morning and they fit... well barely with muffin top all over the place, but they fit. i think it's been 5 or 6 years since i've worn them. so happy!! i also tried on a Guinness shirt I bought 5 yrs ago when I was in Ireland and it fit. the tag was still on cuz i don;t think it ever really fit me when i bought it! a little fitted but i am wearing it today!

have a fabulous weekend!!! xoxo dina
WOO HOOO!! Way to go! Doesn't it just you day that added "jolt" when things like this happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
yays! still scared to go shopping here! But the 4 way splitter for the faucet/watering/soaking hoses are done!
JUST DO IT!!! You have worked so hard, you are below goal. You look amazing! At least, try on the new size you belong in! You are gonna love the new options!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kplus80 View Post
Before I started, I was hoping to get into a size 8 by the end of this, but now with about 16 pounds to go, I'm not so sure I'll get there (started in a tight 14 and am now in a slightly loose 12.. I can get into a 10, but it isn't pretty ) I'm thinking it's the tall curse, but I hope I'll have some big inches losses at the end like some of you have had.
Keep working with the protocol. Some people have been very successful with this on their own. You will be too! As for the sizes, BE PATIENT, if you are losing straight fat, that 16 pounds can be a size or two! I didn't move quickly at first, a lot of weight but not so many size changes. Then, toward the end, it changed. Don't think about it. Keep going. If you stay to the protocol you will get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilblackdress View Post
Yesterday, I was tired of the same old clothes (the only ones that fit) so I pulled out a pair of khaki's I hadn't been able to wear for quite some time and....they fit with a bit of room to spare! Two weeks in to the program and I am hooked!
SOO Coool! I am happy for you!! It doesn't stop. Let me tell you, it may slow down for some of us but, it doesn't stop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post

I have to go shopping today for an outfit to wear to a job interview. I have a good job, I've been in my position for 8 years. ... SO out of 700 candidates, I made the final cut for an interview. I must look my best.

Thank goodness I started IP when I did. Now if I'd only started a month earlier when I first heard about it, but hey, no looking back. I'm down 44.75 and that will help me to look better then I would have! This guy that I would work for looks like he should be on the cover of the GQ everyday. Not that he's the most handsome, there are more handsome men, but he is dressed impeccably every single day. Hair, clothes, shoes etc. ACTUALLY I think he is mentioned in DR. Adkins book!!!! I just remembered when I first started working there there was a congratulatory email that went out because his story was in there - Jef Gray. I know some of you have probably read that book! (or Carla/Bev will research this and we get the scoop LOL)!!! So I'm off. Wish me luck. I'm nervous just about the shopping, and I haven't thought much about the interview next Thursday!
Congratulations!!! That is such a great achievement! I wish you all the best to get the job! I am sure you will look great in your new outfit. HAHA... research Jef Gray, you know I had to look him up but, Bev beat me too it! LOL.. we are so dependable. I mean predictable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Hi Everyone!!

I am back from 3 wonderful weeks in Germany visiting DH's relatives, they treated us like royalty and of course all those yummy home cooked German delicacies. I was soooo good the 1st week, but then I just had to try some dishes!!! AND the result was I gained (my first since starting IP in April) 4lbs .

Welcome to all the Newbies!!!
Wonderful job to everyone else, now that I am home today I get back on plan and hopeful drop those 4 extra lbs!!!
OMG!! That is fantastic! ONLY 4 pounds! They will be gone in no time! You are the envy of 1/2 the travel world. A trip to Germany and no massive weight gain when you get home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
Size 10?!?! I don't know if I'm ready to handle a size 10...or the mental process of possibly not fitting into them yet. I'll wait until I can shimmy my size 12's off.....then I'll try the 10.
They will fit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Let the fun begin!

For me, the best (and most shocking) part of this diet was losing over the last month or so, when the sizes started dropping. I note that you use the word "stunned," which is absolutely correct. I started IP hoping to just get back into a size 10. When the size 8's came along, I was very happy. Then they didn't fit, and I had to nab some 6's so my slacks would stay up! When the 4's came along, I was sure I was safe to buy some nicer slacks and get them shortened. NEVER have I worn an adult size 4. I would never have considered being able to wear such a small size. But even in maintenance as my body has reconfigured further (without additional weight loss), some of those are actually getting loose, and I now have a couple of size 2's in my repertoire.

So, my friend, I'm pleased to see this starting to happen for you. With the new kick-start and the physical "downsizing," that last "bit" you have to lose may actually be fun. Just don't buy too many things until you get to the end, and don't assume that you'll be able to guess what your final size will be. I can only promise that you will be thrilled with the outcome! And no one deserves it more than you.
You are my hero! Size 2's?? WOW! I can only hope at this point. I am not limiting myself. My goal is healthy body fat and weight. Whatever that comes to be in size is fine. It just amazes me how ... Targeted? this program is. I am definitely losing the right kind of body tissue. And, the clothing is showing it! I will be so happy if one day I can have the success you have had!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
I know this sounds crazy but I have been craving rootbeer soda and I never drink soda.. Now are we allowed sugar free soda on IP?? Just wondering..
The protocol calls for no diet soda. The reason is the phosphoric acid prevents the proper utilization of the mineral supplements, calcium I think. At least that is what I was told. If you are desperate, you can try it. Some have allowed themself one a day and it worked for them. Again,for the true protocol answer, it is no.

You might try using the sweet leaf, stevia drops in Root beer flavor. It can be added to the vanilla pudding or ready to drink vanilla and blended with ice. It gives a great almost root beer float smoothie flavor. I think I have seen sugar free torani rootbeer syrup too. OR, last ditch effort, root beer candy extract/flavoring with splenda would work too.

http://www.vitacost.com/Wisdom-Natur...evia-Root-Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
Alright well, here's how the wedding shower went. They had the whole spread of foods that aren't IP friendly....such as: the wedding dress shaped cookies, the punch, the ice cream, the cupcakes, the cake, the fruit tray, and the finger sandwiches. Basically, it was your worst IP nightmare.

BUT----------

I didn't touch a THING! ... It's amazing how IP changes your mentality on things like that. Amazing.
So PROUD of you and your NSV! You must be very pleased with your will power, commitment, and discipline! Great job! I know that it still took sticking with your plan and you DID IT! Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
I am close to the end of my second week... I am having trouble sleeping and my bones ache. During the day I feel pretty great. I am not nauseous nor do I have a headache. I am getting more than enough water in a day. Hmmm puzzling eh. I am in the 2nd darkest shade using the ketostrips no matter what time of day I test. Wierd.....
Looking forward to seeing what weigh in 2 reveals... then off to get my first tattoo on Wednesday!
Talk to your coach. You may need more magnesium or calcium. Both effect sleep and bone/muscle. Increased protein can cause low magnesium levels to become apparent and can leech calcium. You may need a little more for right now.

Your tatoo sounds beautiful. Post a picture when it is done and looking good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfergirl67 View Post
Just wondering how you all measure your veggies? In a measuring cup or on a weigh scale
Both! Some things are better on my scale. It has a bowl so I can measure in cup portions. Best thing I own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petclerk View Post
Hi there, I'm getting started tomorrow as my Day ONE on IP. ... Does anyone have a list of all the Breakfast, Lunch/Supper, and snack food available?

Good luck to you on starting! You will find this is very easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
I discovered something tonight after my shower... hey, I have ribs!.. who knew!..

hugs
NICE! Isn't that a strange feeling. When my bones (collar, rib, wrist, shoulder) started to become visible, I would find myself absent minded and rubbing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph26 View Post
I have safely made it through day four, and I'm feeling suprisingly good. My home scale says I've lost 6 pounds, and I don't even weigh in until Monday! I baked chocolate chip zuchinni muffins for my family and found myself constantly reaching for the choc chips/batter. I never realized what a nibbler I was, but I stayed strong. No cheating!
Great job! I was a real nibbler too. I didn't realize how many times my fingers went to mouth until I couldn't do it any more. Now I use a rag over my shoulder just to keep things in control! I remember someone else on her posted about wearing disposable gloves to cook with so she wasn't inclined to finger lick!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 08-01-2010 at 01:01 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:08 AM   #506  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post

hugs
I have dark blue inner thighs!
Old 08-01-2010, 01:15 AM   #507  

Seriously though, anyone out there ended up with this problem? As of say 10 days ago my left inner thigh is dark blue, is it the blood vessels and since I list weight I can see them now or have I injured myself? My left leg muscles are way more in pain than right and I've beenthunking it's the squats and lunges since left has always been weaker.

Carla: scared that my size hasn't changed. Still don't believe it.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:09 AM   #508  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Oh my goodness, spent the day outside and I cant get caught up.... WOWEEE..
SO welcome to all newcomers your gonna love IP and this site...
I am gonna have to catch up tomorrow too sleeppyyy, good nite all
sweet IP dreams
Old 08-01-2010, 04:32 AM   #509  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Ok, what a day! After dropping off the clothes at goodwill, went to Ann Taylor and used a credit I had there...since I don't want to spend any money on clothes, but am getting desperate. I am a solid medium shirt now, but the weird thing is that when I hold it up, I think: "There's no way that will fit" then I put it on and it fits great! It just doesn't FEEL like me yet. Strange. Also, had to buy new sweats...under orders from the DH, who said that the old ones were going to fall off...and we have houseguests coming.

Then, we had to drive back and forth to Seattle today to visit someone in the hospital...and then we went out to dinner after (which was a good thing, because I was starving). Found a steak and asparagus on the menu, made sure there was no butter, and IP friendly dinner! The family member we went to go see, under drugs from a bypass surgery, and the first thing he said was "oh my, you've lost so much weight" !! Kiss!!!

Also, my ***, with much less padding, now hurts to drive that far.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:07 AM   #510  

S/C/G: 238/154/150

Height: 5'7" Started IP 07/19/2010

Back when I first started I had the problem of not sleeping so I started taking my PM supplements earlier. I take them around 5:30. That helped me! Good luck to you. Hang in there. What kind of tattoo are you getting?[/QUOTE]

Thanks Kelsey! I have been going crazy trying to figure out why I am suddenly getting up at 5 am even on the weekends when I used to be a 6:30 gal. I will try taking them earlier to see if that makes any difference.
Closed Thread