Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 12:12 AM   #61  
aka, Rosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
thanks sheila!!: and thank you 6710, him and my daughter are my world for sure

may i ask your first name? i honestly hate callling people by their screen names seems so strange to me...we're in texas! everyone is our friend! but please, smack me if you want me to leave you alone
Call me Rosie. I can't reveal my first name it is very unique. I am going to surprise my gentleman friend, who lives 5500 miles away, when he comes for his next visit, with my weight loss. I shared this wonderful site with him, and I don't want him to find me on here, he is savvy that way. Sorry to be so secretive.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:13 AM   #62  

Height: 5'8"

kplus

you're too sweet!! about me at least, that little bugger has hearts breakin' all over the place already. i'm 'bout to have to get me a shotgun by the time he's 4

thank you again, it feels so humbling to hear you say that i am not perfect and i screw up a lot, but it does motivate me to stick to this when i hear that i help people see their goals in plain sight

and can i just say that i think you look amazing right now??

ROSIE, it is

coastalcrafter

ask your coach about nova-lax. it's an ip supplement that's supposed to help with constipation. don't feel bad, we've all been through it. i normally remedy it through natural laxative teas and magnesium citrate-which is a dollar at most pharmacies-the only thing i wory about with these is dependancy, which is why i'm buuying nova-lax(or is it novi-lax??) at my next food purchase? i don't say weigh in bc i work for an ideal rep and weigh in every chance i can-which may or may not be bad

Last edited by mamaerinb; 07-27-2010 at 12:24 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:24 AM   #63  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanycats View Post
Hi Coastal,
I've been around a while; not sure I'm the best to answer your "personal" questions though, since I have not had the same problems; but I noticed no one else has responded.
Re: the yeast - if you have diabetes that can be common, otherwise I have not heard about that issue. Re: constipation hopefully some of the others can respond. With all the fiber from the vegies and salads, plus the oil required and magnesium supplements, I have been fortunate to stay regular. Do you take Vitamin D? Dr. Oz says to offset the calcium (Constipating) take vit D. I take mine at night w/supper. Hope you find relief soon!

Thanks for your answer...No diabetes here, maybe it's just my body not wanting to LET GO ..( pun intended)....yes I had relief due to a tiny bit of laxative, on top of everything else.. And Yes I do take Vit D.. it helps the body absorb the calcium..plus I have been outside 20 mins per day swimming, so getting Vit D there too...
some days I forget to include the olive oil , so that may be it!!!!!
Thanks!!
Old 07-27-2010, 12:27 AM   #64  
The Dress

coastalcrafter

ask your coach about nova-lax. it's an ip supplement that's supposed to help with constipation. don't feel bad, we've all been through it. i normally remedy it through natural laxative teas and magnesium citrate-which is a dollar at most pharmacies-the only thing i wory about with these is dependancy, which is why i'm buuying nova-lax(or is it novi-lax??) at my next food purchase? i don't say weigh in bc i work for an ideal rep and weigh in every chance i can-which may or may not be bad[/QUOTE]

OH I WILL.. thanks
Old 07-27-2010, 12:32 AM   #65  
The Dress

Ok this was 20 years ago but I was 130 lbs in this picture.. would love to get down to this size again, my son's wedding in next July and it would be awesome!! Attachment 36067

Last edited by Coastalcrafter; 08-03-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:44 AM   #66  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone, back from my camping trip and trying like MAD to get caught up on the posts...so many amazing victories, both on and off the scale--I don't even know where to start except to say I am humbled to be in the presence of such an amazing group of people! Great work everyone, and it's so exciting to see the pictures people are putting up too!

I did kind of ok on my trip; managed to stay in ketosis the whole time and the only off plan food was some non-carb alcohol...but I can tell it made me retain a bunch of water--I feel all poofy! So, I back on serious Plan as of today, even though I am traveling 2 weeks for work and family.

I met with my coach the day I was leaving for camping. I am now within 5 pounds of my original goal (which was 140) but I am looking at myself and thinking, "I can see more than 5 pounds that needs to go". So, right now I don't have an official goal, but I'm not moving to Phase 2 either. My coach was fine with waiting a couple weeks and seeing what I want to set as my new goal, so I felt good that she was not pressuring me either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
What to wear for shoes? You look so American in tennis shoes
I know exactly what you mean, I feel the same way when I wear shorts or a t-shirt there! My solution has been to buy a really good pair of walking shoes (like the danskos others have recommended) and while they are not the trendy little heels the Italians wear, I pair them with cute skirts and blouses and it makes me blend into the local life pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleFL View Post
TO EVERYONE:
Is Lindora really the same tastewise?
Is using the vanilla pudding the same tastewise?
While Lindora is out, you can order from New Lifestyles, and the taste is identical. It's a bit more spendy because they never have sales like Lindora, but its still cheaper than IP...and if you're like me, you need that "fix" once a day of the vanilla shake!!

Great work everyone and have a great week too!
Old 07-27-2010, 01:04 AM   #67  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
thanks for this tip! i always used photobucket, your way is MUCH easier!

me and my little angel face of a son-reese
Wow! What a darling.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:11 AM   #68  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

almost forgot!

I posted some before and afters on my user profile page...yikes what a shock.

and the really fun news...for those who know who the "Old Spice Man" is? He recorded a personal Happy Birthday greeting for me wearing only a towel! (I work in the film/video industry and my friend was working the shoot and asked him to record a video greeting!). If I can figure out how to post video I"ll put it up here for a little inspiration!
Old 07-27-2010, 01:28 AM   #69  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
[
A couple of years ago in Rome I wore black Merrill sandals. So comfortable but so ugly.
OK, since we are collectively dressing you for Europe I'd like to add a pair of form hugging pedal pushers or 3/4 length tights under the skirt worn with the pretty blouse.

And a scarf. You can't be seen without a scarf. Silk or something equally light or frothy -- 8-12" wide by 5' long. Fold it in two lengthwise, put the two loose ends through the loop, and let then dangle gracefully.

I'm sure this fashion has hit the states by now but the only times I've been on the mainland in the last year were in international airports and Kingsport, TN. Not a really good bases for viewing haute or even casual couture.

Last edited by Linden; 07-27-2010 at 01:32 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:32 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Ok this was 20 years ago but I was 130 lbs in this picture.. would love to get down to this size again, my son's wedding in next July and it would be awesome!! Attachment 36067
You'll get there Coastalcrafter!
Old 07-27-2010, 01:34 AM   #71  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
almost forgot!

Wowzers.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:20 AM   #72  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Coastalcrafter Regarding the personal issue -- are you taking or were you given the Natura enzyme? Supposedly it should counteract yeast. You might want to use this as a talking point with your doctor or coach.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:28 AM   #73  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I did kind of ok on my trip; managed to stay in ketosis the whole time and the only off plan food was some non-carb alcohol...but I can tell it made me retain a bunch of water--I feel all poofy! So, I back on serious Plan as of today, even though I am traveling 2 weeks for work and family.

I met with my coach the day I was leaving for camping. I am now within 5 pounds of my original goal (which was 140) but I am looking at myself and thinking, "I can see more than 5 pounds that needs to go". So, right now I don't have an official goal, but I'm not moving to Phase 2 either. My coach was fine with waiting a couple weeks and seeing what I want to set as my new goal, so I felt good that she was not pressuring me either way.

While Lindora is out, you can order from New Lifestyles, and the taste is identical. It's a bit more spendy because they never have sales like Lindora, but its still cheaper than IP...and if you're like me, you need that "fix" once a day of the vanilla shake!!
Brilliant job on the camping trip! Staying in ketosis is certainly what you want to do... Whatever you decide is your goal, we look forward to seeing you on the "Life After" thread. We need some more recruits to expand our knowledge base! And FYI, New Lifestyle does not have the Lindora type sales, but they do have good coupons.

Last edited by Novak; 07-27-2010 at 06:34 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:53 AM   #74  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelliemom View Post
I was told just today that IP is bringing the process in house in order to speed up production.
Interesting. I posted this on the vanilla shake thread a couple of weeks ago, relative to the New Lifestyle premades:

They taste the same... delish. I believe they are (or at least were), produced by the same supplier. IP now has their own labels, and all the shortages and talk of being reformulated leads me to think that they are perhaps setting up a premade operation in their own facility.

Just my theory...
Old 07-27-2010, 07:32 AM   #75  
Sandra

S/C/G: 210/168/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
almost forgot!

and the really fun news...for those who know who the "Old Spice Man" is? He recorded a personal Happy Birthday greeting for me wearing only a towel! (I work in the film/video industry and my friend was working the shoot and asked him to record a video greeting!). If I can figure out how to post video I"ll put it up here for a little inspiration!
Thanks so much for posting your before and after pics. It is inspiring and gives me hope that I can get there again too! you look amazing at your new weight and should be very happy indeed!
Closed Thread