Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 11:39 AM   #16  

Height: 5'8"

good news:

coach agreed that i should go back to phase 1 for a week, she thinks i will be back at 164/163 next week and will then go back to phase 2.

she said that flying off the deep end on phase 2 is actually quite common and to not beat myself up about it. people think they're SO close to being done and just screw it up by not following the plan to the t.

i am back to phase 1 today and feeling great, i hoesntly love phase 1, less cooking-less stress about gain.

all in all, a good morning chat with coach/boss. she really is a great support, wish everyone here had that.

here's to a great week!! maybe i can lose 6 lbs again like i did week #1!

Susie!

You look GREAT!!

WannaBe

Yaya for saying "no" Wish I had your will power!!

sillyputty

knew you were gonna do great!! 6 lbs is wonderful!!!

tricia

i would have never posted that 30 lbs ago, my confidence has skyrocketed. i still have my moments where i hate the tummy or the arm flab, but all in all, i feel amazing

Last edited by mamaerinb; 07-26-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:50 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 201.5/171.5/140?

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
I heard I would have lost more if I ate more salad, but I just can't do the salad thing every day especially since I hate the WF dressings ewwww... I am experimenting with vinigarettes but nothing really cuts it just yet.
Congrats on the loss!! It's easier at home for me too.

I didn't know that salads helped the weight loss go faster, I thought that it was just to help you not to get hungry. I usually don't have salad just my 4 cups of veggies a day, maybe twice a week I have salad. Is this true?
Old 07-26-2010, 12:12 PM   #18  

Default Worth celebrating

I haven't really celebrated my SV on Friday; for some reason I was "ho hum" about losing 3.3 lbs. I'm not sure why, but I'm ready to celebrate now! That's 9 lbs in my first 2 weeks.

Some other victories (NSV)
The food is getting easier.

Over the weekend, I finally pulled out some summer clothes from two years ago. Instead of being "kinda tight", they fit quite nicely. It's nice to have "new" clothes midway through the summer!

Went to an impromptu family picnic/bbq yesterday and did really well. I'm really lucky that my family is health conscious and respectful. A couple of my (lean and slender) female relatives are very careful about their food, including the hostess. So when I said I wouldn't have any dessert because I was watching what I eat, the hostess just moved on to the next person!

Stayed on plan and then treated myself to my first restricted item, a bar.

At the event, my sweetheart was really supportive , making sure that I was getting what I needed, a soda/seltzer with fruit flavoring and splenda. Gotta love that man.

And we've booked the trip to the Caribbean for early December. I'm thinking about cute bathing suits (however no hot 'kinis like Erin posted) and some pretty summery clothes and being more comfortable in the airline seats. Hah! I now have a goal and and a goal line!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 07-26-2010 at 12:16 PM. Reason: a whim
Old 07-26-2010, 12:59 PM   #19  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
Looking forward to another week! I have a busy one ahead of me! I have an interview today and another one Saturday. Wish me luck. I really want the one on Saturday. I guess I will wait and see how things turn out. Please send prayers my way!
Thanks,
Tina Lou
Good luck! Where are your interviews??

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
We will walk like crazy in italy but here's a ??
What to wear for shoes? You look so American in tennis shoes. A couple of years ago in Rome I wore black Merrill sandals. So comfortable but so ugly.

Summer almost over?? This week's thread says August 1. I'm not done with July yet. Can someone please slow this all down??? I love summmmmmmmmmmmer.
Have you ever tried yellowbox flip flops? They are so comfortable, and they are good for your feet and your posture
I started doing invoices today at work, and when I went to fill in the date I was like, really? This is ridiculous. Wasn't last weekend Fourth of July??

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Here is the NSV I had over the weekend... I tried on my prom dress that I wore to my best friends prom in 2003...
Not even close to getting it done up, but I was just amazed that I could actually get it on! And it makes my forever shrinking boobs look bigger!
You look amazing! It's incredible how much different you look even from your avatar pic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsnwv View Post
So yeah, me! (Can you tell my kids like the Disney channel??)
London Tipton! Suite Life...amazing show Yeah, I'm 20 and I still watch Disney Channel. I'm so sad about Hannah Montana

I have been feeling down again. I don't know if it's the weekends that get me this way or what. Hopped on the scale this morning (W-I is tomorrow) and haven't lost a pound. Haven't gained, but haven't cheated at all. My body fat % hasn't gone down either I don't know what's going on.
My mom started IP today also. I'm her coach!! Which is kind of exciting for me. Here at our clinic we are having a Food Fest on Thursday, we're preparing all your recipes and some of our own, and having an open house for people to come try samples. Which is also exciting! So I don't know why I'm feeling so down. I hope it goes away soon

Have a great day!!
Old 07-26-2010, 01:14 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Erin-- bikini pic was so impressive. Not just that you look great but that you posed for the camera...
Pitakitten - I'm with you on the thighs. Actually my whole legs. 10 lbs off of each one should just about do it. Oh and the top of my arms too--- maybe 5 for each of them. Why can't we target weight loss??
Linden- you are so right. We will walk like crazy in italy but here's a ??
What to wear for shoes? You look so American in tennis shoes. A couple of years ago in Rome I wore black Merrill sandals. So comfortable but so ugly.

Summer almost over?? This week's thread says August 1. I'm not done with July yet. Can someone please slow this all down??? I love summmmmmmmmmmmer.
Cheating tip of the day-- have an extra packet or two if you must cheat. Then it really isn't cheating at all. That is how I've had only 3 cheats in 23 weeks. The other cheats I didn't count were when I had an IP bar or an extra drink-- much easier on your pancreas.
re shoes:

look at naturalista, keen, danska sandles.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:01 PM   #21  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Some other victories (NSV)
The food is getting easier.

Totally Agree!! I'm at week 3, too, and it's all feeling more manageable today.

And Novak, I have completely adopted your signature motto for my journey in this. It's perfect! "Do or do not; there is no try."
Old 07-26-2010, 02:24 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 295/252/170

Height: 5'4"

Try New Lifestyle Diet ready made shakes they are the same, in fact the clinic where we were getting our IP started substituting the New Lifestyle shakes and doubling the price we can buy them for
Old 07-26-2010, 02:39 PM   #23  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleFL View Post
TO EVERYONE:

I was informed by my coach yesterday that the ready made drinks are being reformulated and will not be available for a MONTH!!!! I'm freaking out!!!!

Is Lindora really the same tastewise?
Is using the vanilla pudding the same tastewise? Do you add 12 oz. of cold water like someone mentioned last week for the chocolate pudding?

I tried EAS Advantage - Ugh!
I tried Premier Protein Chocolate - its ok, but can't find vanilla.
I tried those metal cans at Target - Even bigger UGH!
Chelle - the good news? Lindora vanilla boxes taste just like IP-- the bad news? Lindora doesn't have them either. I tried to order yesterday because they have a 25% off sale.
Your cruise is in Italy? Lucky you. Funny we are both going to the same country, isn't it??
Old 07-26-2010, 02:47 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
And Novak, I have completely adopted your signature motto for my journey in this. It's perfect! "Do or do not; there is no try."
Me too!.. I printed it out & stuck it on my fridge...

hugs
Old 07-26-2010, 02:53 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
good news:

coach agreed that i should go back to phase 1 for a week, she thinks i will be back at 164/163 next week and will then go back to phase 2.

she said that flying off the deep end on phase 2 is actually quite common and to not beat myself up about it. people think they're SO close to being done and just screw it up by not following the plan to the t.

i am back to phase 1 today and feeling great, i hoesntly love phase 1, less cooking-less stress about gain.

all in all, a good morning chat with coach/boss. she really is a great support, wish everyone here had that.

here's to a great week!! maybe i can lose 6 lbs again like i did week #1!
sounds smart. my prediction is that you will be 163 by this thursday or friday.

totally brain dead: is it o.k to have curry or not??? I am having it now and not so sure.

Last edited by pitakitten; 07-26-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:27 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
good news: coach agreed that i should go back to phase 1 for a week, she thinks i will be back at 164/163 next week and will then go back to phase 2.

Glad to hear that you're feeling better about things...sounds like a good plan!
Old 07-26-2010, 04:03 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hmmm...What Erin's coach said makes me wonder, what do the people who have phased out think about skipping phase 2 all together, if you get 100% to your goal weight? I should maybe be asking in the Life After Phase I thread, too. It seems like phase 2 slowly increases your calories, but I'm not sure what else it does for your body. Thoughts?
Old 07-26-2010, 04:24 PM   #28  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quick question- How do you multiple post quotes from different members in 1 reply posting?? ( better than replying one by one)

and just wondering if anyone else has had this--( sorry it's very personal)...
I know that when you change your diet and start having sucralose or any sweetner, even sugar, when you usually don't have it, some how I get an itchy yeast infection?. I am taking Culterelle tablets( good flora) and using the monostat,drinking more water... also I am very constipated ( I told you it was personal) Geesh, I feel like I am giving birth! My Endocrinologist always told me to take 2 colace( stool softener gel tabs) for every calcium tablet.. I checked no sugars in them.. Also I am taking 2 mag citrate tablets before bed with glass of water as coach suggested. I even tried 1 teaspoon of unprocessesd bran in my pudding... I have NEVER had a problem before, went daily with no problems....

This is the third week like this and it takes dynamite it seems to get me going.. sorry, hope I haven't grossed anyone out.. Senior members, HELP!!
thanks! ~Ro~
Old 07-26-2010, 04:49 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Quick question- How do you multiple post quotes from different members in 1 reply posting?? ( better than replying one by one)
Look at the bottom right corner of a post. See the middle "button," the one with the ' " ' and the '+' ?

Click on it. The button background will turn red and that post's text will be saved for your "multi-quote."

When you've collected all the posts you want to respond to, click the "Post Reply" button near the bottom of the page.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 07-26-2010 at 04:51 PM. Reason: because instructions should be correct!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:01 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Hmmm...What Erin's coach said makes me wonder, what do the people who have phased out think about skipping phase 2 all together, if you get 100% to your goal weight? I should maybe be asking in the Life After Phase I thread, too. It seems like phase 2 slowly increases your calories, but I'm not sure what else it does for your body. Thoughts?
for me, it made my body and digestive system get used to have 2 "normal" portions of protein per day. I think changing from 1 to 3 a day is too much or at least I know it would have been too much for me. I am NOT sure if it serves a "diet" purpose other than what I just said. Gradual introduction of normal eating habits is the key I think so our bodies are not shocked.
Closed Thread