Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 177.4 / 143.2 / 135

Height: 5' 4"

Coastal Crafter - We might be neighbors!! I was looking through your photo link and saw Weekapaug and the Westerly Education classes. If you are local to that area, so am I!!!! Don't want to post specifically where I / we live and I am not allowed to PM yet, so we'll just have to wait to figure out how neighborly we might be.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:46 PM   #107  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripmommy View Post
Had my weigh in this morning and it was great! Lost 4.8!!! Thanks for all the support and encouragement from everyone here!!

How do you know when you get your signature/ticker? I have been here for 20 days and have over 20 posts?
Congrats on a good weight loss this week.

Re the sig/ticker: Check your User Control panel, the User CP link on the purple bar. Instructions on setting it up are here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...questions.html

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 07-27-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:47 PM   #108  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Had my weigh in this morning and it was great! Lost 4.8!!! Thanks for all the support and encouragement from everyone here!!

How do you know when you get your signature/ticker? I have been here for 20 days and have over 20 posts?
Technically it will be available on your 21st day.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:54 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 184.6/155/145

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

Great loss congrats
Old 07-27-2010, 04:57 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 231/210/170

Height: 5'7"

Thanks!!!

Damgi I am also from RI! funny
Old 07-27-2010, 05:08 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 184.6/155/145

[QUOTE=damgi;3406676]Hi everyone! My name is Danielle! (All together now.....HI DANIELLE)

My DH and I started IP last Tuesday. Tonight is my first official weigh in and his is tomorrow night. I say official as we stopped into the IP center on Saturday and stepped on the scale just out of curiosity.

Welcome Danielle you will love this web sight I have learned more from this forum than I ever learned from my coach. Usually if I have a question it gets anwsered right away. They are all an inspiration to me. You should get feeling better soon the first week is wicked but it really does get easier. My husband and I both started they same time he is now on phase 4 and I am on the home streach.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:13 PM   #112  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
This might've been covered before, but doing a search for "coach" gave me about a jillion posts to look through, so I'm just gonna ask... how does one become an IP coach?.. since there's no clinic or other IP facility in my area, my only hope for coaching would be to become one myself... is there some type of training/certification?.. so far, I've been doing alternative IP, but it can get rather boring... I've looked into IP-to-Go, & that's certainly another route to consider taking...

thanks, hugs

you must be a licensed health care provider to be an official IP coach/representative. this rule has been stretched in the past to allow chiropractors, health insurance professionals along with doctors and nurses. now i think they have become more strict on who they allow to open clinics. if you have any kind of medical or health license, i recommend you contact IP at idealprotein.com for more information on this. good luck

Last edited by mamaerinb; 07-27-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:23 PM   #113  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca7 View Post
okay so I'm hoping it's okay to ask this question here.

I've been on IP for a few weeks it will be 6 when I go for my vacation. It's mostly going really well, no major cheats (a few related to fat or extra protein, but no carb cheats). I've decided to do phase 3 or 4 on my vacation. Not because I think I'll be so tempted, but I just don't think that I'll have the energy to follow it to the T, and it just seems like it would be nice to have a break. So I'm looking for any advice (I know some of you on this thread are already at the other phases), like for example do you think it's necessary to go through phase 2 for a short while first, or can I just jump to 3 or 4? I'm going to go straight back to Phase 1 as soon as I get home, I really want to see the rest of the weight gone.

Thanks

Any advice would be much appreciated.
We just discussed this very subject on the "Life After Phase 1" Thread. Check out message #239.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:30 PM   #114  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
you must be a licensed health care provider to be an official IP coach/representative. this rule has been stretched in the past to allow chiropractors, health insurance professionals along with doctors and nurses. now i think they have become more strict on who they allow to open clinics. if you have any kind of medical or health license, i recommend you contact IP at idealprotein.com for more information on this. good luck
Thanks a bunch, Erin... nope, I don't have any of those qualifications, so I guess I'll just keep checking every now & then on the IP website for locations near me... too bad I'm not nearer Austin... if my plans for the next year or so come about, I will be!..

& thanks, Taylor, for your PM on this subject... AND congrats on your WONDERFUL new job!..

hugs

P.S. This is my 100th post & I just became a SENIOR MEMBER!!!.. YEA!!!..

Last edited by Aunt Sheshie; 07-27-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:59 PM   #115  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
Interesting. My understanding is this, you may not have a clinic and act as its administrator if you don't have an approved form of a Health Care license HOWEVER, if you have a doctor or other approved health care professional who will agree to partner with you, make their license available, and act as an administrator you may begin the process with Ideal Protein to operate a clinic.

A coach is required to personally have done the Ideal Protein plan and work with an approved clinic.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:02 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 238/154/150

Height: 5'7" Started IP 07/19/2010

Another newbie! Just started a week ago. Had my first weigh-in last night. I think their scale was off because I lost 11 lbs! Like others said, the first week was rough with hunger and headaches. The last few days however have been great, waking up early with lots of energy. Wish I had found the program years ago. Been following the forum since last week and this looks like a great place to be.
Cindy
Old 07-27-2010, 06:22 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Hi all- while I am waiting ...I thought I'd change my avatar to a pic I took of my cat Valentine.. She jumped into this plastic bin and I had to take a pic!! She's a sweetie at 2 yrs old! I adopted her from animal shelter for Mother's Day! Our very first pet!!! Had to share.. ~Ro~
I missed your cat picture. Maybe you could post another one under your profile? I am a cat lover.

Quote:

It's 20 days and 25 posts minimum. You have met the days. Now you just need a few more posts.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:05 PM   #118  
Started IP 6/23/10

Did any notice a plateau in week 4? I'm not dropping an oz.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:21 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by natchamp View Post
Did any notice a plateau in week 4? I'm not dropping an oz.
I'm living in that plateau right now. I won't officially get diagnosed with "plateau-ism" until my weigh in tomorrow. I've already mentally prepared myself to not have lost anything.

Week 4 has been the hardest week thus far. For some reason I'm just getting really sick of the food and have missed certain things more so now than before. For example, peanut butter. I'm pretty sure I could polish off a tub of peanut butter and not think twice about it.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:32 PM   #120  
Started IP 6/23/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
I'm living in that plateau right now. I won't officially get diagnosed with "plateau-ism" until my weigh in tomorrow. I've already mentally prepared myself to not have lost anything.

Week 4 has been the hardest week thus far. For some reason I'm just getting really sick of the food and have missed certain things more so now than before. For example, peanut butter. I'm pretty sure I could polish off a tub of peanut butter and not think twice about it.
I hear ya! I crave everything pizza, eggrolls, cheese!!!!!, french fries...it's getting hard. I just hope that I can get through this week and the cravings with subside again.
Closed Thread