Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 09:26 PM   #436  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Both are fine. I love the Mount Olive splenda-sweetened pickles. Two pickles = 1 carb.

Congrats on the 50-pound loss! And thanks for your kind words.

I remember that old discussion too. I got mixed signals right from Day 1 on the diet. The regional rep giving my introductory presentation said absolutely no soybeans because it's a legume. If that's the case, I don't know what they meant by the term "soya." All that aside, I'm wondering where you got your figures on the carb content. Check out this site:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/2622/2.

According to this site, half a cup of soybeans has 10 carbs or 6 net carbs, depending on what you go by.

Going by your figures, I would probably feel OK about eating 2 whole cups of soybeans at once, but going by the site above, 2 whole cups would equal 40 carbs, or 24 net carbs. That's a scarier proposition.

Then I checked out this site: http://www.netrition.com/eden_black_soy_beans_page.html.

It shows the canned, organic, Eden-brand, black soybeans as having only 1 net carb per half cup, just as you said. That sounds pretty good to me. Like you, I go by net carbs.
i go by what's on the nutritional content on the bag of the frozen shelled soybeans that i buy. they are HEB(a texas only grocer) brand "select soybeans" not sure really what the difference in the website posted nutrition and the ones that i buy. i guess the best way to do it is a case by case(or brand by brand) basis

i would defintely stay away from the 2 cups with 24 AND i really couldn't even try to eat 2 cups of soybeans, they are VERY filling!
Old 07-30-2010, 09:28 PM   #437  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Go into your profile. Scroll down to additional information. Then change the middle figure to whatever you want. Wish I could remember who taught me this -- to thank. Erin?
that doesn't work if you are using the 3 fatchick site ticker and have your weight being lower than goal weight. I just used the tickerfactory site and it works
Old 07-30-2010, 09:37 PM   #438  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

NSV!!! NSV!!!!

Friday is casual at the clinic so we wear jeans. Originally I didn't participate in casual Friday because I didn't have jeans that fit. Well.....now I do. I wore my size 12 Gap jeans and had to tighten my belt quite a bit!!

Yay!!
Old 07-30-2010, 10:03 PM   #439  
Started IP August 1, 2010

S/C/G: 290/246/120

Height: 5'3"

Hi MusicforHim, We are in the same boat but I have an appointment tomorrow for a consultation. I have several friends that have lost 100lbs, 80lbs, etc.. and they seem able to keep it off. It seems like the weight drops off quickly too. Looking at this blog I've noticed that several people are below goal weight which is tremendous!! I did NS and struggled, but I didn't see anyone on those boards who was under goal..!!! I think that says a lot. I was ready to book in at the Biggest Loser Resort when my friends told me about this which is a whole lot cheaper. I'm going to give it a try
Old 07-30-2010, 10:10 PM   #440  

S/C/G: 148/111.5/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
NSV!!! NSV!!!!

Friday is casual at the clinic so we wear jeans. Originally I didn't participate in casual Friday because I didn't have jeans that fit. Well.....now I do. I wore my size 12 Gap jeans and had to tighten my belt quite a bit!!

Yay!!
But...but....it seems to me you STILL don't have jeans that fit. Those sound way too baggy on you--time for some retail therapy!
Old 07-30-2010, 10:40 PM   #441  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
i go by what's on the nutritional content on the bag of the frozen shelled soybeans that i buy. they are HEB(a texas only grocer) brand "select soybeans" not sure really what the difference in the website posted nutrition and the ones that i buy. i guess the best way to do it is a case by case(or brand by brand) basis

i would defintely stay away from the 2 cups with 24 AND i really couldn't even try to eat 2 cups of soybeans, they are VERY filling!
Thanks for the update. You're probably right about not eating more than 1/2 cup at one sitting. Too much soy can make one (ahem) gassy.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:42 PM   #442  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
that doesn't work if you are using the 3 fatchick site ticker and have your weight being lower than goal weight. I just used the tickerfactory site and it works
WOW!! You're below your target weight... how awesome is that?
Old 07-30-2010, 10:55 PM   #443  

ellie, my friend, you are amazing!

wow novak, that surely is a transformation if i've ever seen one!!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 07-30-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:06 PM   #444  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Quote:
Niccccccccccce work ..... its great to be a little below your goal a little bit of a security blanket or buffer zone.

Mama..... soon it will be you at goal .... whoop whoop!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 11:30 PM   #445  

thanks wannabe!
Old 07-30-2010, 11:37 PM   #446  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyt1169 View Post
Hello. Yesterday was day 1 of the IP for me. I am very excited about this diet. I do have a question or 2, hopefully someone can help me.

My phase 1 sheet says that in order to have a maximum loss, the bars should be avoided during the first 2 weeks. I did have a bar yesterday and really liked it. It helped me get through the afternoon. Has anyone eaten the bars in the first 2 weeks and did it affect your loss?

Also, I want to marinade my chicken. Does anyone have a good quick marinade?

I love this sight and am just getting started reading it. I have 40 pounds to lose. I weigh 181 and want to get to 141.

Thanks for any info!
Welcome and good luck with your IP journey! Personally, I didn't have any restricted until week 4. Since then, I've had 2-4 per week just to change things up. My mainstays are ready-made chocolate and vanilla drinks for breakfast, chocolate pudding or raspberry jelly for lunch and then either chocolate pudding put in blender with water, ice and WF peanut spread or cappuccino drink put in blender with water, ice and WF chocolate sauce to make shakes. On the weekends I usually enjoy the omelet as a breakfast treat.

I marinate my chicken in a homemade Italian dressing: olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, pepper and italian seasoning...really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Hey everyone! HELLO! I've missed you all while I was gone. I am back and trying to catch up. I will do my best but, WOW, Ya'll had a lot happening!

Here is a bit of the latest on me for those curious

SO, as most people know I hit a wall of sorts in early May. I didn't want to do this plan the way I had anymore and I had lost my "drive" somehow. I was losing a little here, a bit there and feeling mildly frustrated about my options.

I tried not to talk about my deviations or cheats; not sure it helps me much. But during the May and June months I wasn't as true to plan as possible.

THEN, I go on the trip. I was faithful. I did my best. I ate well everywhere and carried my bag f on plan options and... I finally get to a scale to find a heavier me. YES! I know it was a "TOM" kind of weigh in but, 13 pounds!!! No, it wasn't the scale. My clothes were saying something similar.

YEP... 13 pounds. I got to my home scale Monday, and.... 13 pounds!! ARRRGHHH!.... I can only assume it was all the eating out which, must have had bad salt on it or something. Or maybe, I got a bit dehydrated and was retaining water??? I really am very bad at getting in my water while traveling.

Anyway, it is Thursday night and I am happy to report, I have lost my "travel weight of 13 pounds.. and an extra 1.5 to boot." "WHEW"

I am rather amazed that I had so much to drop. I am equally delighted that IP did it again and, 4 short days later, I am at a weight less than when I left. I can't wait for my next weigh in.

I have been in ketosis strongly for over a week now. I finally am feeling the way I did when I first began the plan. YEAH!! I am so happy to not be in that rut of a place still.

SO, for all of you who haven't been on the program 8 months yet but might need to be, my tip for you is, be patient with yourself. The going does become a bit dull and very slow but steady. It seems that if you can get past it, you do get that zippy burning feeling again. At least, I have had it since July 17 and nearly 2 weeks later, it isn't fading yet.

My body is happily losing and, my real victory! My size 10 pants are too lose, my size 8 slide on nicely and I finally look nice in my size 28 Paige shorts and jeans. Those were my last... gonna make this work things.

While we were on vacation my dad asked me when I was going to stop? Was I worrying about becoming too skinny? My sister said she doesn't think I need to lose much more. I said "I do" and she said " from where?" All she could grab was my much smaller saddlebags and a little below my triceps. She said "I can even see your ribs!" No one said stop. No one said give up now. I am grateful to them for that. It was nice to see them noticing and worrying about me for being to thin.. that was new. I know I still have the pounds to drop and I know that some of the change to come will be from toning and exercise. I am just so grateful that I found something that worked at helping me improve my health, diet, weight, and choices.
Way to go, Carla! So glad that the scale is finally moving for you again! No one deserves it more!

Erin & Ellie: You ladies rock! Keep up the fantabulous work!!
Old 07-31-2010, 12:21 AM   #447  

S/C/G: 211/166/140 started: 5/25

Thinking of Calgarygirlie (Samantha) and sending my thoughts and prayers to her and her family.
xoxox
Old 07-31-2010, 01:42 AM   #448  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Thanks everyone!

not sure why I still have a little belly. Aside from that I have noticed dark blue big marks on my inner thigh of left leg; that is the leg that is weak and I had injured my groin last year. Pretty big patch too. I shall ask mr trainer next time but funny that its not on my right leg.

anyways, I am beat tonight, hoping I don't end up a cripple by doing weird lunges all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
Niccccccccccce work ..... its great to be a little below your goal a little bit of a security blanket or buffer zone.

Mama..... soon it will be you at goal .... whoop whoop!!!
you know in the back of my head I haven't reached my goal till I have the firmest thighs i can possibly have AND no little pooch on tummy but thanks.

Erin: can't wait till your next official weigh in next friday, I am serious...can't wait to see an excited post from you

Last edited by pitakitten; 07-31-2010 at 01:46 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:48 AM   #449  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post
Does anyone (surely someone) knows if we can have canned tuna (I buy the prime cut packed in water) 6 oz can after squishing out the water weighs about 3-1/2-4 oz. My coach said she'd have to ask. Also, how do you feel about the Mount Olive splenda sweetened pickles=1 carb but they are cucumbers so they would have a carb. I like to put these items together with chopped onion, celery, WF mayo, mustard and 1 tsp olive oil...makes one wonderful tuna salad over chopped lettuce.

Marilyn
My coach always allowed me to have it. I didn't have it often and only if it was the low sodium variety.

Quote:
Carla & Xanthia- I knew you would both come back stronger than ever.... whoot whooo, I know alot of people say weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise.. I think its 110% brainpower. I know for me it took my brain alot longer to catch up with my body...
Thank you!! I am beginning to believe that is true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damgi View Post
Sound delicious! Can I ask if you are on Phase 1? The reason I am curious is because I would love to be able to add black soy beans to my diet, but I was told they are not allowed. Can someone clarify?
Generally, soy beans were to be avoided because of the higher fat and carb combination. It has been a very "wishy washy" answer for many. I think you should try it and see how you do. Use only a small amount and try to use more of the black than the green. The black have 8 grams of carb per 1/2c but it is 7g of fiber. They have 6g of fat and 11 g of protein in that same 1/2 cup. A 1/4 cup portion makes it a little less protein but similar to a vanilla ready to drink so I don't think there is much issue. Truly, if you are interested try it BUT, add that and only that as a unique item to your week so you can monitor how it effects your loss. If you don't see an impact then your body can tolerate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
[Edit] I need to edit! Jordanna posted awhile ago that it is 20 net carbs, and 30 total carbs for phase 1 "bootcamp" style. Showgirlaz posted that it was 30 net carbs or under for phase 1. Honestly, if you are in ketosis stick with what works for you. If you see a slow in weight loss, consider a different target carb number. I know that 30+ is too high for me to stick in ketosis. Bummer.
I did??? I know I have always operated under that premise but, I don't know for a fact that that is true. I believe I wrote it because it is what I have heard around that staying under 30 net carbs works for many. It is good for me but I do best a little lower, like you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Yes, several of us have reported on improvements in blood pressure, cholesterol levels, etc. The blood test I had right after the diet showed a significant drop in cholesterol levels (down 64 total.) Problem was the HDL (good cholesterol) was also down. The nutritionist said that was normal for the diet, and it would bounce back up. Just had blood work done at the office, and can report that two months later, it has.

Your body will respond to the protocol (and any deviations there from) in a manner that is optimal for you.

Really good to hear, Carla. I'm so pleased for you! Honestly, you are so close. The motivation of your recent results will have you there in no time.

And I'm glad you had a great vacation, but I'm happy that you've returned!
I am so happy for you! I really needed to hear about the HDL! I have been having the same problem. Mine is really low, to the point the doctor has been worried. I am so glad it comes back to a normal place!

The statement I highlighted in red is so on target! I love how you look at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Carla, remember when I came home from the cruise and had the same issues! I think it was mostly water, but like you, 4 days later on PH1 and I had dropped over 10 lbs! So welcome back. We missed you.
That's right!!! So much information I forgot. Thanks for missing me. I've missed you too!

Kelsey,Great Job with the cupcakes and a very nice NSV to report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
I feel bad that I haven't been posting much but things are going really good. I got back on track and I have my eye on the prize. I decided this week to not eat fake meats, just tofu and eggs. It is really working.
Congratulations Xanthia!! NO matter what the cause, if you have figured it out and having things moving the right direction, it is a good feeling! Good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
Good morning,
Well I made it through 1 day of my family time without too much temptation. However, we did go to the local fair and there were many tasty treats that I passed up. My husband enjoyed a corn dog and my son's girlfriend had an ice cream cone right in front of me! I made it!
Tomorrow will be the big challenge. First I have to go through two gruelling interviews. One at 11 with a community forum and one at 3 with the board. I am sure I will be stressed out. Then after that we will be going to a wedding reception where all kinds of "goodies" will be. Please keep me in your thoughts. I hope I can make it!
As a side note, I am now not taking my diabetes medicine, my arthritis nor my blood pressure medicine. I am feeling great! So it is all worth it.
Have a wonderful day!
Good luck with the challenges tomorrow. I am sure you will come away with several NSVs to report!

I am so HAPPY for you. How wonderful to be able to share all the improvements to your health! That is the best part of this program in my opinion. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the weight loss and for those that haven't yet developed the health issues that is a great benefit. However, to be able to CHANGE YOUR HEALTH, WOW!! Losing weight and being healthy are both important! Congratulations on the success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petclerk View Post
Wow! Showgirlaz... really? 220lbs lost?? I'm going tomorrow to check out this IP diet, never heard of it till yesterday. Looking forward to getting on it. I've got about 170lbs to lose
NOPE! Couldn't figure out how you were getting that then realized somehow when I was copy/pasting the kick butt guys in my signature I had an extra row. I think it is fixed now. I have only lost 90 pounds. I have a total of 118 (more or less) to drop from where I started. That said, I am in the home stretch! If you read the old posts as well as the new you will see several people have crossed the 100 pound mark in weight loss. I think that you will LOVE the results you get from this program. It is so good for improving your health and helping you get to your weight goals. The nice thing, if you can't or aren't yet motivated to exercise, this STILL works. I have yet to do any serious exercise. I walk the dogs or walk at the gym a little but that has only started in the last 2 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsnwv View Post
Why does it feel like I'm always doing something wrong???

I'm sorry, everyone, I don't mean to whine, but I really am trying to do this right!!

In his defense, I know he's just trying to help me get the most from the program and I don't want it to sound like he doesn't encourage me, because he does. I guess it's mainly because I'm not so good with criticism.

Barbara
You aren't doing it wrong. Your coach is giving you good advice and advice that is recommended by IP. Each of us is different and our bodies can tolerate different things. If you exercise regularly before the program, take it easy while your body adjusts but keeping working out. Don't go for a high heart rate. I know it is counter-intuitive for us to get results not working out hard but, on this plan it will work. Everyone has different advice. Watch your body. It will tell you what works. Some people can only walk everyday while others can do zumba classes a few times a week and each will still lose every week if they find what THEIR body can tolerate.

Take the advice. Use it to understand the program perimeters then, test to see what your body can manage. The goal is for you to optimally lose weight in the form of fat not muscle and to do so steadily and quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
NSV!!!.. mini-goal might be ahead of schedule!.. wore size 12 shorts this morning to mow the lawn!..

hugs & leaps for joy!!!..
Congratulations! That is wonderful progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookee View Post
True story - a few times the last couple of years, I've photoshopped my bum (eg. beautiful picture of me helping my 2-year-old balance on the train tracks... but I was 6 months pregnant at the time and my butt showed it!!). I've also photoshopped my double-chin at times, and my flabby arms, and my etc, etc.... but this diet means I don't have to photoshop my body anymore!! yippeee!!
TOO FUNNY! I would have never thought to do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natchamp View Post
So I love putting my chocolate drink in hot coffee, but has anyone tried chilled coffee with vanilla pudding? I want to try it, but I'm timid. I like the consistancy of vanilla pudding, but to me it has an aftertaste of chicken soup.:P
I haven't tried the pudding but I have done the ready to drink vanilla. It is yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
I agree completely. I wish I had continued my walking on the diet, but I'd just done a miserable half in the sleet carrying about 50 pounds too much through the course. I suspect the key concern here is starting off with a little too much, a little too soon. There's time to build up gradually, and I think walking at an easy pace is always great for the body and mind. CW was truly an inspiration, and if I had to do it all over (which I never plan to do!) that's the one thing I would change. And I believe you DO need to give yourself a little sanity where you can get it (on the diet or otherwise).
Quote:
WE must be related... I also wish I had incorporated walking earlier...

oh so I checked out the weight shaker I am so gonna get one, I can walk and shake..... hhaaaahhhhhaaaaaahhhaaaa..... its so friday........ I just about fell off my ball at work, I am not really sure why I find it so funny.
Barbara, I have to agree with Novak, WannabeIP and, WyoSun. I wish I had done like CW and exercised. Her results with just walking were amazing! 5 months and 100 pounds if I remember correctly!! I asked her once and she said she walked 3 - 4 miles 5 or 6 days a week.

Quote:
just a quick update: I really am loosing weight on phase 3; I know novak had said this but in my case I didn't think it would happen. I was actually another pound lower than weds when trainer weighed me at the gym. He really kicks my butt though, I really adore the guy, he points the fan at me etc etc, does things that one would do if they actually cared. Although today (hoping he was just being funny) he said that my strongest muscle is my mouth

ps: wish I knew how to make the 127 show up on my signature though, its stuck at 130.
You have done so well! I know it was a challenge at times and a bit rough at the start but LOOK AT YOU!! You surpassed your goal and look GREAT!! I am so proud of you! You have really been an inspiration for me in the recent past as I have struggled. You really never gave up and that meant so much for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicforHim View Post
Hello, I am new today to this blog site, I am really interested in starting IP, but I am kinda a skeptic when it comes to diets like this.. does it really work?? And if so, will the pounds realisticly stay off. I am willing to spend the money, but I just dont know if it is a long term thing. thanks!
YES!! A thousand times Yes. You will find so many testimonies to this working as you read our old chat threads on this forum. Many of those who have met there goal have moved on so feel free to read as far back as you want. There are many successes.

This program is more than 20 years old and has many wonderful success stories behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
NSV!!! NSV!!!!

Yay!!
GOOD JOB! You must have been so excited to go in wearing jeans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petclerk View Post
Hi MusicforHim, We are in the same boat but I have an appointment tomorrow for a consultation. I have several friends that have lost 100lbs, 80lbs, etc.. and they seem able to keep it off. It seems like the weight drops off quickly too. Looking at this blog I've noticed that several people are below goal weight which is tremendous!! I did NS and struggled, but I didn't see anyone on those boards who was under goal..!!! I think that says a lot. I was ready to book in at the Biggest Loser Resort when my friends told me about this which is a whole lot cheaper. I'm going to give it a try
You won't be sorry you did! This really is a fabulous program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstina View Post
Way to go, Carla! So glad that the scale is finally moving for you again! No one deserves it more!
Thank you! I just want to get that last bit off! (I can't believe I just called 30 pounds a bit! )

SO.... MORE FUN FOR ME TODAY!

I got fed up with trying to find things in my closet that fit. My smallest pair of jeans are were too baggy. I had one dress and no skirts left. I realized I had so little in a size 10 or 8 that was current. I went shopping!

We have a few really great consignment resale clothing shops around. I spent time at one and, to my surprise got a few size 8 dresses, pants, and shirts. The best part was trying on jackets. I have always had large arms. So large in the bicep even an XL jacket wouldn't slide up the arm when it could fit everywhere else. Today, I was trying on petite medium and medium sized jackets and they easily slid on! I couldn't believe it. I had to recheck the sizes because it seemed impossible.

I still can't get use to being so much smaller than I have been at any time in the past 15 years. I started this just hoping I could get to a 6 and would be happy at an 8. I am now and 8 and I am stunned thinking I might really make it to the 6! The last time I was the equivalent of a modern size 6 was in high school nearly 25 years ago!

Today was a VERY good day!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 07-31-2010 at 02:54 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:01 AM   #450  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
you know in the back of my head I haven't reached my goal till I have the firmest thighs i can possibly have AND no little pooch on tummy.
I totally hear that. The good news is that your body will continue to reconfigure over time, even without the weight loss; the fact that you are working out so vigorously should really help the process along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Thank you! I just want to get that last bit off! (I can't believe I just called 30 pounds a bit! )

I got fed up with trying to find things in my closet that fit. My smallest pair of jeans are were too baggy. I had one dress and no skirts left. I realized I had so little in a size 10 or 8 that was current. I went shopping!

We have a few really great consignment resale clothing shops around. I spent time at one and, to my surprise got a few size 8 dresses, pants, and shirts. The best part was trying on jackets. I have always had large arms. So large in the bicep even an XL jacket wouldn't slide up the arm when it could fit everywhere else. Today, I was trying on petite medium and medium sized jackets and they easily slid on! I couldn't believe it. I had to recheck the sizes because it seemed impossible.

I still can't get use to being so much smaller than I have been at any time in the past 15 years. I started this just hoping I could get to a 6 and would be happy at an 8. I am now and 8 and I am stunned thinking I might really make it to the 6! The last time I was the equivalent of a modern size 6 was in high school nearly 25 years ago!

Today was a VERY good day!
Let the fun begin!

For me, the best (and most shocking) part of this diet was losing over the last month or so, when the sizes started dropping. I note that you use the word "stunned," which is absolutely correct. I started IP hoping to just get back into a size 10. When the size 8's came along, I was very happy. Then they didn't fit, and I had to nab some 6's so my slacks would stay up! When the 4's came along, I was sure I was safe to buy some nicer slacks and get them shortened. NEVER have I worn an adult size 4. I would never have considered being able to wear such a small size. But even in maintenance as my body has reconfigured further (without additional weight loss), some of those are actually getting loose, and I now have a couple of size 2's in my repertoire.

So, my friend, I'm pleased to see this starting to happen for you. With the new kick-start and the physical "downsizing," that last "bit" you have to lose may actually be fun. Just don't buy too many things until you get to the end, and don't assume that you'll be able to guess what your final size will be. I can only promise that you will be thrilled with the outcome! And no one deserves it more than you.
Closed Thread