Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 05:04 PM   #31  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Linden- you are so right. We will walk like crazy in italy but here's a ??
What to wear for shoes? You look so American in tennis shoes. A couple of years ago in Rome I wore black Merrill sandals. So comfortable but so ugly.
Check out Aravon? http://www.aravonshoes.com/
Old 07-26-2010, 05:21 PM   #32  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Hmmm...What Erin's coach said makes me wonder, what do the people who have phased out think about skipping phase 2 all together, if you get 100% to your goal weight? I should maybe be asking in the Life After Phase I thread, too. It seems like phase 2 slowly increases your calories, but I'm not sure what else it does for your body. Thoughts?
Don't assume that some folks "flying off the deep end" when transitioning to Phase 2 is cause to change the protocol. Keep in mind that your body has been provided a very absorbable protein three times a day for months. Before you add the big breakfast in Phase 3, you want to get your body used to processing real food again. Phase 2 is STILL a weight loss phase. I believe it takes the first week for your body to get back up to speed digesting the additional food; you may or may not lose, but don't be surprised if the losses are small. During the second week, things are up and running again; you will get rid of the food/fluid that masked your week one losses, plus you will lose additional weight during week two.

I did not plan to lose more than 90% before the transition; I did it partly to overlap with my sister, who was just starting Phase 1, and partly because I was hesitant to give up the comfort and predictability of what I had been doing for so long. As I have said previously, I figured overshooting my goal would be okay, because a cushion would offset the glucogen add-back I'd read about.

I would not really recommend waiting to hit 100% unless you can afford to lose more than that. When I was going through the process, there were no posts on the boards related to the later phases. Since my coaching was very spotty, I was pretty much on my own. We now have a few data points on the "Life After" thread (Wannabe, my sister and I all continued to lose in Phase 2 and beyond,) as well as the Phase 3 and 4 workshop information.

The Phase 2 exception occurs when you do a short-term Phase 1 program as a weight management tool while in Phase 4. For example, I'm planning to do a week to 10 days every January, after the holidays and my annual Disney trip. Since my body is quicker to convert into fat-burning mode and the Phase 1 will be so short, I will jump right to Phase 3 thereafter.

Those are my thoughts on the subject.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:25 PM   #33  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post
Look at the bottom right corner of a post. See the middle "button," the one with the ' " ' and the '+' ?

Click on it. The button background will turn red and that post's text will be saved for your "multi-quote."

When you've collected all the posts you want to respond to, click the "Post Reply" button near the bottom of the page.

thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:38 PM   #34  
The Dress

Now, how do I upload pics from "my pictures" to the postings? Copy and paste is not the way, I found out... I would like to share a pic of me at 140 pounds( 20 years ago) and that's my goal!!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:49 PM   #35  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Went out to a "real" dinner last night at Mongolian BBQ which let me stay on plan and it turns out it has been a family favorite of ours since before my husband and I were married. I'm not really trying to keep track of the little daily weight changes but I'm anxious for Wednesday mornings when I weigh in.

At the moment, I'm going stir-crazy and stalling all at the same time. It's midterm week for me which usually just means some tests but since I'm almost a double time student it means 4 major and 2 minor papers are due. I'm already taking accelerated classes so I haven't been able to get ahead much. I've been doing A&P 8 hours now and I'm only slightly hopeful that I'm halfway through it. I've got that nervous energy where banging my head on the desk almost sounds like a good idea--and is usually where I would have eaten something bad for me, but I'm not interested in that. Anyway, sorry for rambling but that's sort of how the thoughts in my head are right now.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:10 PM   #36  
The Dress

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Went out to a "real" dinner last night at Mongolian BBQ which let me stay on plan and it turns out it has been a family favorite of ours since before my husband and I were married. I'm not really trying to keep track of the little daily weight changes but I'm anxious for Wednesday mornings when I weigh in.

At the moment, I'm going stir-crazy and stalling all at the same time. It's midterm week for me which usually just means some tests but since I'm almost a double time student it means 4 major and 2 minor papers are due. I'm already taking accelerated classes so I haven't been able to get ahead much. I've been doing A&P 8 hours now and I'm only slightly hopeful that I'm halfway through it. I've got that nervous energy where banging my head on the desk almost sounds like a good idea--and is usually where I would have eaten something bad for me, but I'm not interested in that. Anyway, sorry for rambling but that's sort of how the thoughts in my head are right now.
Congrats on Your postive changes( not to eat) BRAVO!!!!!!

I've noticed I am speaking up more.. nicely of course..(who is this??) wow so different for me.. ~Ro~
Old 07-26-2010, 06:12 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca7 View Post
Congrats on the loss!! It's easier at home for me too.

I didn't know that salads helped the weight loss go faster, I thought that it was just to help you not to get hungry. I usually don't have salad just my 4 cups of veggies a day, maybe twice a week I have salad. Is this true?
I don't think the salad really helps I think it is a filler myself.... but that is what she said... mind you lettuce does have fiber so it will help you "process" better which will help get rid of waste and fats I guess.... how insightful was that? I never thought of it that way LOL
Old 07-26-2010, 06:28 PM   #38  
The Dress

Hi all- while I am waiting ...I thought I'd change my avatar to a pic I took of my cat Valentine.. She jumped into this plastic bin and I had to take a pic!! She's a sweetie at 2 yrs old! I adopted her from animal shelter for Mother's Day! Our very first pet!!! Had to share.. ~Ro~
Old 07-26-2010, 07:29 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 166/139/140

Height: 5'6"

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and advice last week. Today is my day 9 and I'm doing a lot better, lots more energy, less hungry, more "normal." It was good for me to hear that's it's okay to sometimes have that extra packet. My coach is kind of a stickler and I was afraid any variation might slow down my weight loss. Anyway, following lots of the advice and made it into week 2!

I've been having some real stomach pain. Is that something that people have in the first few weeks that passes? I hope it passes!
Old 07-26-2010, 07:45 PM   #40  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicjul View Post
Hello everyone, I have been on vacation the last two weeks and last week was very bad. This past weekend was even worse. I cannot believe myself how bad I have been. Today I feel like crap and have made a promise to myself to be 100% all week. I did not see my coach last week but will see her this week no matter what the scale says !!! You all continue to inspire me and so thankful I can read all your successes.
Welcome back! We missed you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleFL View Post
FINALLY! I didn't screw up and post on the old thread, and the only reason I didn't is because you can't anymore. YaHoo!!

KELSEY - Just wanted to make sure you know that I responded to you 3 weeks ago, and kept trying.
What did you say???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleFL View Post
TO EVERYONE:

I was informed by my coach yesterday that the ready made drinks are being reformulated and will not be available for a MONTH!!!! I'm freaking out!!!!

Is Lindora really the same tastewise?
Is using the vanilla pudding the same tastewise? Do you add 12 oz. of cold water like someone mentioned last week for the chocolate pudding?

I tried EAS Advantage - Ugh!
I tried Premier Protein Chocolate - its ok, but can't find vanilla.
I tried those metal cans at Target - Even bigger UGH!
I love the Lindora Vanilla drink (same as IP)... however I HATED THE VANILLA PUDDING BY LINDORA - GROSS, YUCK, ICK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Hi all- while I am waiting ...I thought I'd change my avatar to a pic I took of my cat Valentine.. She jumped into this plastic bin and I had to take a pic!! She's a sweetie at 2 yrs old! I adopted her from animal shelter for Mother's Day! Our very first pet!!! Had to share.. ~Ro~
Cute kitty!
Old 07-26-2010, 07:57 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 148/111.5/115

Default Second weigh-in

The first week I was on IP I lost 6.8 pounds and a bunch of inches, this week only 1.8 pound and no inches except 1/2" off my thighs. And I have not been cheating at all. My clothes do feel very slightly looser though. Sigh.

Still, I have no cravings, which is a change and a relief, nice to be getting on with my life instead of constantly obsessing about food.

This week is a test - two important birthdays coming up and a farewell lunch for a colleague. Wish me strength.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:07 PM   #42  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
What did you say???

I love the Lindora Vanilla drink (same as IP)... however I HATED THE VANILLA PUDDING BY LINDORA - GROSS, YUCK, ICK.

I answered your questions, trying to remember - I'm in NE Broward County.
I used to have an office in Kissimmee. I want to get up that way after I lose all the weight because the Mandara Spa at the Dolphin has Ionathermie which is a tone-up/cellulite treatment. I have done it a few times. Its great! I'll tell you more if your interested.

I also told you congrats on your big loss a few weeks ago.

I was told the IP vanilla pudding was a good substitute for the ready made drink, just trying to see if its true or if I should order the Lindora, but HopefulTricia said they are out too!!
Old 07-26-2010, 08:11 PM   #43  

I reported it in the challenge thread, but I'm so friggin' happy that I'll also add it here...after a few so-so weeks (the week 9-11 rut) I finally posted a big 3.4 lb loss this week!! My original goal was to hit 150, so I'm 0.6 lb away from that. Since I modified my goal to 140, I only have to lose 6 more pounds and then I can transition to Phase 2!

Last edited by Sweetstina; 07-26-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:16 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 241/173/150

Height: 5'5

I had my weigh in today and was only down 1.6 pounds. I'll take it, down is down right? I'm officially at 50 pounds gone!! I'm also pretty much at the half way point now with 51 more pounds to go.

So, I started a new job today and I had to go shopping for some scrubs to wear to work. I bought size M pants!! They were a tiny bit snug, but I think they will be perfect in a few weeks.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and successful week!
Old 07-26-2010, 08:17 PM   #45  
The Dress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstina View Post
I reported it in the challenge thread, but I'm so friggin' happy that I'll also add it here...after a few so-so weeks (the week 9-11 rut) I finally posted a big 3.4 lb loss this week!! My original goal was to hit 150, so I'm 0.6 lb away from that. Since I modified my goal to 140, I only have to lose 6 more pounds and then I can transition to Phase 2!
WOW!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!
Closed Thread