Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 06:41 PM   #421  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

I'm not short I'm "FUN SIZE!"!!

[/I]
Quote:
Originally Posted by babsnwv View Post
Muhahahaha!! I love it!!! Can I use this??

Sure!! I'll share!! lol

welcome ponzu!!!
I am on my 3rd week too, getting weighed monday..
Old 07-30-2010, 06:42 PM   #422  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

ARGGGG trainer called and asked me to go earlier today...tummy churning...always feel like I am going in for a final or something
Old 07-30-2010, 06:50 PM   #423  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
I totally understand. I train alone, though sometimes talk to my sister who's training 500 miles away via cell. And during the race, we stay together and my brother goes off ahead. Being with my sister is like being alone, but better... if you can get that at all I don't care to run with anyone else, for the reasons you cite.

Disney is great fun (and they have the best porta-potties ever) but the start is incredibly early. Still, my sister and I belong to the vacation club and go down every year anyway (staying on property), and I've done 4 of those. I may have caught up in half marathons now, but I'd have to check. Honolulu is lovely, of course, but my brother has a condo (used to live there full-time) so we don't have the hotel expense. That's a nice race, but it started getting crowded. Same with Disney, I guess, but I haven't done that course for a few years, so I don't know how cramped it feels these days. I know the half has gotten a little crowded.

Let me know what you decide to do. Maybe I can come cheer you on! I've done that before, and I'm a great motivator on the course!
Port-a-potties are THEE most critical aspect of any race!!!! Or anyplace for that matter.

Yah, I understand about having someone there, but not "there." Sounds like you've got a great relationship with your sister.

I just may take you up on being a cheerleader. I can just picture you yelling out something like, "stop being a baby and pick up your pace!" "move it along faster!" Honestly, I do better with "forceful" criticism. I don't get much out of, "you're doing so well, keep going." That's the last thing I want to hear when I'm trudging up a hill - I want something said that's going to re-ignite my fire and get my blood boiling.

When I watched my brother run the MCM, he had 3 specific areas where my son and I were to plant ourselves (w/state flag to make it easy to see us). By the time he finished running, I was pooped from all of the walking (and yah, all of the fat bouncing around inside me didn't help either!). But that is one of the nice things about the MCM - it is so easy to watch the runners from multiple locations.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:05 PM   #424  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
if I may jump in, I have been have edemame too, on the frozen packages that I buy (shelled) it states exactly that, half a cup comes to ~6 net carbs. So that is what I do, I usually make a cup of it and split it up for 2 sittings, they are rather filling so half a cup is plenty.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:09 PM   #425  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post
I just may take you up on being a cheerleader. I can just picture you yelling out something like, "stop being a baby and pick up your pace!" "move it along faster!" Honestly, I do better with "forceful" criticism. I don't get much out of, "you're doing so well, keep going." That's the last thing I want to hear when I'm trudging up a hill - I want something said that's going to re-ignite my fire and get my blood boiling.

When I watched my brother run the MCM, he had 3 specific areas where my son and I were to plant ourselves (w/state flag to make it easy to see us). By the time he finished running, I was pooped from all of the walking (and yah, all of the fat bouncing around inside me didn't help either!). But that is one of the nice things about the MCM - it is so easy to watch the runners from multiple locations.
I travel on bike at MCM, and yes... I know what I'd want to hear if it was me! I'm not the, "you're almost there!" cheerleader. We cheer for the Dis marathoners in EPCOT, and you can pretty much figure out from a person's face what encouragement they need. My brother is usually holding a beer and tells people there's beer at the finish. But he also speaks Japanese and calls out to the many Japanese runners on the course... including those doing the Goofy Challenge (half on Saturday, full on Sunday.) Anyway, I'd be happy to cheer you on... through the diet and the race!
Old 07-30-2010, 07:48 PM   #426  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
ARGGGG trainer called and asked me to go earlier today...tummy churning...always feel like I am going in for a final or something
You are doing GREAT and have nothing to fear other than getting an awesome body from it all
Old 07-30-2010, 07:57 PM   #427  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
WOW to size 8s!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so great, tricia is wearing an 8, that is so great, oh sorry, it just became a little song!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
Fantastic!! I can't wait to hit a few stores this weekend to see what size I'm in now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by babsnwv View Post
Fabulous, darling!! I bet your face was just glowing!!
Barbara
Thanks to Kelsey, nitenic & babsnwv for the good wishes. We are all doing so great! I have been away overnight. Missed a lot of pages of posts. I had a massage and saw an acupuncturist while I was away. I highly recommend both. The person doing the massage suggested I see a chiropractor. I've been to one a couple of times and really disliked it. The dr.appeared to be grouchy and taking it out on me. May try the doc she recommended. Almost 60 lbs now and half way to the 20 pound challenge Kelsey organized for us. Gotta love IP...Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 07-30-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:06 PM   #428  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Oh I was cleaning... and found the Shake Weight DVD.. so it comes with it! Now I gotta watch it! I see my dermatologist in august, so I'm gonna ask him at what general age does the skin lose it's elasticity to shrink back after weight loss...( I'm swimming/well moving and lots of kicking in pool... and doing shake weight daily)
And after you see him, would you send us all PMs with his answer -- to minimize the collective and sustained shriek from some of the more "mature" women?
Old 07-30-2010, 08:18 PM   #429  

Quote:
YOU LOOK GREAT for 61!!!!
Awww, what a sweet thing to say!.. thanks... I'd love for you to go on thinking my avatar photo is a recent one, but I gotta fess up... it was taken 22 years ago... I was a size 8/10 & 139 lb... I just put it up for inspiration, to remind me of where I'm headed...

Quote:
I noticed my dble chin is shrinking too!! woo hoo!
also when I get in my car and seat is pulled up so my feet can reach the pedals ( hey I'm not short I'm FUN size!), I notice my belly does not hit the steering wheel.. there's a space there now!! I kept trying to pull the seat up, but it already was!! Oh It's the little goals that keep us going!!!
GREAT NSV!!!.. I don't think to check on things like that, but maybe I should do some measuring in the car!.. haha..
I love your description, FUN size!.. I'd like to borrow it too... I'm a little taller, 5' 4.5", but I think it fits me!.. especially since my special fellow is 6' 2"...

Got my Shake Weight today!.. at Bed, Bath,... they didn't have the women's, but they did have the men's... at first I was disappointed, but I thought, by golly, I can do this!.. so home I came with the men's version... the checkout clerk thought I was buying it for my hubby (which I don't have).. I just let her think that, but I said, I'll probably use it too... I saw the women's version later at Walmart, & when I picked it up, I knew I'd made the right decision... I tried it with the DVD & I think it's gonna be just fine...

hugs
Old 07-30-2010, 08:26 PM   #430  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

just a quick update: I really am loosing weight on phase 3; I know novak had said this but in my case I didn't think it would happen. I was actually another pound lower than weds when trainer weighed me at the gym. He really kicks my butt though, I really adore the guy, he points the fan at me etc etc, does things that one would do if they actually cared. Although today (hoping he was just being funny) he said that my strongest muscle is my mouth

ps: wish I knew how to make the 127 show up on my signature though, its stuck at 130.

off to shower then going out to watch "legend of billie jean" in a park! (if I can move my arms as driving is needed)

Last edited by pitakitten; 07-30-2010 at 08:37 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:43 PM   #431  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
ps: wish I knew how to make the 127 show up on my signature though, its stuck at 130.
Use a Ticker Factory signature...
Old 07-30-2010, 08:49 PM   #432  

Quote:
pitakitten: Your trainer sounds like the trainer of my dreams.

The Sig: I imagine the code is set to interpret the goal weight as the right hand value. It won't show anything less. The only way to show your current under-goal weight is to change your goal "of record", if you know what I mean.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:55 PM   #433  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Default Aspertame research

Quoting Joel Marion. I'd really be interested if any of you know of contradictory research?

1. Kanders BS et al. An evaluation of the effect of aspartame on weight loss. Appetite. 1988; 11 Suppl 1:73-84.

In this study, two groups were analyzed: diet only and diet plus aspartame. In the end, the diet plus aspartame group resulted in 33% greater weight loss over a 12 week period.

2. Blackburn GL et al. The effect of aspartame as part of a multidisciplinary weight-control program on short- and long-term control of body weight. Am J Clin Nutr. 1997 Feb;65(2):409-18.

In this study, researchers at Harvard Medical School analyzed aspartame’s impact on weight loss and long-term maintenance of lost weight. Over a 19-week period, study participants regularly consuming aspartame lost more weight than those abstaining from its use. Moreover, the aspartame group was able to better maintain lost weight over a 2 year follow-up period when compared to the non-aspartame group.

3. Renwick AG. Intense sweeteners, food intake, and the weight of a body of evidence. Physiol Behav. 1994 Jan;55(1):139-43. Review.

A comprehensive review of the research done on HUMANS “does not support the concept that the consumption of intense sweeteners results in a paradoxical increase in calorie intake and body weight”
What about the idea that non-nutritive sweetener intake triggers one to eat more because it’s sending a sweet signal to the brain without the calories?

4. Van Wymelbeke V, et al. Influence of repeated consumption of beverages containing sucrose or intense sweeteners on food intake. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2004 Jan;58(1):154-61.

In this 2004 study, participants were given either sugar sweetened or aspartame sweetened beverages for one month; effects on food intake were analyzed. The result: the aspartame group did not experience an increase in food intake to “make up” for the calories not consumed in the beverages they drank (i.e. the sugar group consumed more total calories, and obviously, significantly more sugar).

And for those health professionals taking the stance that the use of nonnutritive sweeteners will lessen dietary adherence by causing dieters to crave other sweets, you’d also expect these individuals to recommend avoiding fruits and anything else both sweet and extremely healthful-but they’re not, leaving a huge inconsistency in the argument.

Simply put, in everything I have seen, the exact opposite has been true-the use of nonnutritive sweeteners increases dietary adherence by giving individuals a no-calorie outlet to satisfy the occasional sweet craving. Nonnutritive sweeteners provide a great alternative to sugar-laden beverages and other counterproductive sweet products and further lessen the temptation of resorting to such products to satisfy a sweet craving.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:01 PM   #434  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:

Go into your profile. Scroll down to additional information. Then change the middle figure to whatever you want. Wish I could remember who taught me this -- to thank. Erin?

Last edited by Linden; 07-30-2010 at 09:03 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:04 PM   #435  

S/C/G: 220/220/150

Height: 5'6''

Hello, I am new today to this blog site, I am really interested in starting IP, but I am kinda a skeptic when it comes to diets like this.. does it really work?? And if so, will the pounds realisticly stay off. I am willing to spend the money, but I just dont know if it is a long term thing. thanks!
Closed Thread