I'd expect nothing less.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:53 PM   #182  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6710 View Post
Hi MK,
I see at least 3 sugars, and a couple that may fall under the sugar category, with actual sugar being the 4th ingredient. I made the mistake of adding boullion packets to my soups and not reading the ingredients, they had sugar, which resulted in my having a 0 weight loss. Now I watch all ingredients, including supplements and meds. Just my 2 cents, I don't know if it will affect you the same way, but I couldn't take the chance. Rosie
Thanks, Rosie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
MMMMMMMmmm!! Sounds yummy!

And actually, it is! When my sisters came to visit, we had them for my birthday. I was in maintenance, but my sister was in Phase 2. She wasn't eating any restricteds, but we "splurged" that night.
Good to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
Once again, I'm nothing if not consistent! Just got back from WI#5 and lost another is 3lbs!!

18lbs total!! I'm almost to my 20lb reward of a Coach purse!
WOW - you're the IDEAL weight-loss example for IP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Do you remember a very long time ago when Jordanna was unhappy about not having any of her son's birthday cake? I sent her one of my Lindora chocolate cake packs. I haven't tried them yet but my vote would be, if the choices are Lindora or a real bakery cake... you know which to pick right? I have the Lindora cheesecakes too and a box filled with boxes of bars-(went a little crazy with buying when I first went to Lindora). I am saving it all for emergencies and the other phases. Also, I had the hot chocolate about 6 times in April or May when I was on a trip. It tastes great.I didn't lose a lot of weight that week but I think it was because of other stuff- not the Lindora.
Yes, I do remember that! I thought you were so sweet (and of course I know you're so sweet now)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Lindora is having a 30% off sale today through this Saturday, July 31.
Trying to get my order together. Van & Choc Drinks are out of stock though.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:59 PM   #183  

Default Serotonin, Counseling, Lettuce & NSVs

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Hey there! Stick through this! You will come out just fine if you do. ><snip><

Also, if you are starting to crave again, be it carbs or fats, it is likely that your body's serotonin chemistry is beginning to be effected. This is very normal. The body utilizes carbohydrates to keep up serotonin levels. Serotonin regulates the body's ability to control emotion, temperature, hunger, and sleep. Sleep is controlled by the serotonin being converted to melatonin after dusk. Omega oils also assist in this process as they are a key starting point for hormone chemistry.

When you feel yourself looking for a "carb" or "fat" or, even extra protein your body is likely trying to self adjust its chemistry. (remember you have gone a long while now without carbs therefore no glucose and little to no glycogen for it to draw on; it wants you to help it out here.) Try using a little more omega 3/6 or 3/6/9 oil. It helps with mood. You can also take melatonin (3mg is low and fine) at night as it will help spare any serotonin needed and make the next day a bit more manageable.

Stay to the program. The longer you can the better off you will be.
I have suffered Seasonal Affective Disorder and have used light therapy to assist in managing my serotonin levels from Sept - March. I'll post on what I notice about its impact on cravings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natchamp View Post
Right now I am at 209 and terrified! I've reached this point so many times before. So I took things into my own hands and took the plunge. Couseling. Ugh. I thought I would never do that in my life. It's not the solution for everyone, but it sure have been enlightening for me.

Low and behold I walk in and my couselor is Twiggy! 5'8" and probably tops out at 100lbs. She specializes in eating behaviors amongst other things. I had to get over her size. I don't know anything about her. She may be sick, she may desperately want to gain weight so she can fill out the butt of her jeans, who knows. But I do know that she has really helped me wrap my mind around my weight, what my goals are, and how to attain them.

She really has helped me really see myself in the mirror and look at what everyone else sees.!
This is awesome .. working the food and the mind! Congratulations on facing your fear and getting past your impression of the counselor to get what you want!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsnwv View Post
I feel pretty good this morning - had my crispy cereal for breakfast and already downed 3 glasses of water. Planning on eating lots of lettuce at lunch . . .

I didn't realize you had to be so darn strict with this, but I understand why. The way I have it figured, if I can lose 3 pounds a week, I'll be at my goal weight by the second or third week of March.

So, I was thinking that 3 pounds a week, at least for a while, is a smaller, more manageable goal. And as someone said earlier, it's better to build successes, than worry over large figures than can seem overwhelming.

Just trying to get into the right frame of mind - sorry for rambling . . .
Two things ... thanks for the reminder in a previous post about the lettuce. I've been skimping on that and, truthfully, I like lettuce. As a kid, it was the only vegetable I'd eat!

When I calculated my "loss projections" I factored in a low loss week every 4 weeks, to account for premenstrual bloat and cravings, and/or occasional non compliance. To me it feels better to say that from time to time, something will happen to temporarily slow things down. Then should it happen, I will be less disappointed. If I beat the projection, well then me!

This mornings NSVs
  1. hooked bra on last set of hooks ... going to need to get new ones soon! It'll feel good to give these relatively new bras to a women's shelter or other women's charity
  2. made my soup in the work kitchen with a couple of colleagues, I got a little ribbing for my "packaged" lunch but wasn't embarassed in the least!
Old 07-28-2010, 01:01 PM   #184  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
2 notes re friends making comments about "this way" of loosing weight both said to me yesterday:

1- this is not healthy and wont last- my response: I am feeling healthy and we'll see how it goes (figured no sense in argueing).
2- I thought you were beautiful inside and out before- my response: awww that is so sweet of you; I agree but I was fat.

I have learnt not to say anything else. The unhealthy one did irck me out, we all know its not a healthy diet but its a means to an end which is justified by the results.

all else is well
I try to remind myself that I've been overweight since I was 19. The friends, true friends, that I have made over the past 11 yrs have no idea what I looked like before I gained weight. They've seen pictures, but it's not the same as real life. They say crazy things like, "You may lose weight, but you will always have that cute round face." Well, that's a compliment from their aspect and that is okay. But I know that under the round face is a square one. So I tell them thank you and let them see for themselves as time goes by that I in fact have cheekbones.

Another compliment that people make is, "You're getting so thin. You must not have much more to lose. Will you be coming off the diet really soon?" Nope, once again they are seeing the only body they have every known. To them it is getting thin. I still have 40lbs to lose and that is just getting to a healthy weight. It's not even aiming for the best that my body probably can do. (I will cross that bridge when I get to it.) I'm aiming for 10lbs more than my ideal weight because my body is more mature that is was 10 years ago.

But I thank them for the compliment and plug along. And I will soak up the compliments later when they realize that my body will get even better.

This is another reason not to give to much weight to comments like, "You're getting too thin!" Unless they know exactly how much you weigh, your height, and your fat %, then they really have no clue if you are too thin. You're just different from what they are accustomed to.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:10 PM   #185  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
Interesting... you dont feel that this is a healthy program?? I know that my diet before was really unhealthy, I had the blood work and 70 pounds to prove it.
Agree... IP is unbalanced by design, but I don't consider it unhealthy.

Just sayin'.

Last edited by Novak; 07-28-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:10 PM   #186  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

LWC- Is that the blue lights?
Old 07-28-2010, 01:19 PM   #187  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
LWC- Is that the blue lights?
Yup. It's a little desktop unit with blue LEDs. I think there are 2 on the market right now: Philips GoLite and Litebook.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:23 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
WOW - you're the IDEAL weight-loss example for IP!
Funny- that's exactly what my coach said. She said I was the "poster child" for expected weight loss. I'm not sure the last time I was a poster child for something. Probably never.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:23 PM   #189  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post
Yup. It's a little desktop unit with blue LEDs. I think there are 2 on the market right now: Philips GoLite and Litebook.
LCW- You know I have one I never thought to bring it to work.... duhhhhh....thanks for reminding me. I mean they already think I am loco at work anyway

Novak- Agreed unbalanced ....
Old 07-28-2010, 01:36 PM   #190  

Height: 5'8"

sweet relief!!!

165 this morning and TOM came AGAIN-2nd time in july, no wonder i had a carb craving overload this weekend and gained 5 since friday, hoping to be at 162 friday morning.

pick up the novi-lax today, i will report my "findings" tomorrow

pita

i have to agree, i think that the first phase is a little on the unhealthy side-come on now people, 600 calories a day is HEALTHY? i doubt any non ip contracted doctor would ever say that's something that should be done for any extended period of time. very low calories(technically enough to starve a person) and stress on the kidneys? to me partially starving myself and making my kidneys work to the max in my 20's are better than heart disease, cancer, diabete or obesity at 50 though. but it's the end result of discovering the correct way to eat and the correct combinations of foods that seem to be the key in all of this.

just sayin

CONGRATS SOON2BE!!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 07-28-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:51 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Agree... IP is unbalanced by design, but I don't consider it unhealthy.

Just sayin'.
Exactly! people can say a lot of things but what matters is what you know is right.

I personally do consider it to be un healthy to have too low of a blood pressure (like I had) during the intial month or so but that is just me.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:53 PM   #192  
Nichole

I'm on day 8 of the period that started unexpectedly early last week despite taking active BC pills. My weigh in is tomorrow and I kinda feel like what's the point? My body holds water like crazy this week so I wish I could put it off till next week when this is (hopefully) over. I really don't want to step on the scale tomorrow and see the same decade but I feel my body changing and clothes are looking different so I probably lost inches. But still... argh! I'm just moody and irritable right now and needed to whine for a bit.

The bright side to this is that for whatever reason I've been craving salads like you would not believe for the last week. I can't eat ENOUGH green stuff right now as long as it's not cooked.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:57 PM   #193  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Old 07-28-2010, 02:00 PM   #194  
The Dress

Old 07-28-2010, 02:01 PM   #195  
The Dress

Closed Thread