How much water do you drink?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi everyone, just wondering about how much water you all drink, i drink 100oz of water do you think that is enough???
  • 8oz x 10 recommeneded times per day = 80oz is the least you should have

You are getting enough!

It took a while to get used to drinking that much water... well for me anyways
  • I heard that you are supposed to take your weight, divide by 2 and that should be how many ounces per day, but i'm not sure if that's a good way to go about it.

a little tmi, but i judge by the color of my urine, if it's clear, then i'm getting enough water, if it's yellow or dark yellow, then i'm not getting enough.
  • Between 80 & 110 oz... depending on how much sweaty outdoor activity I've been doing, like gardening, hiking, playing with my dog...

hugs
  • I drink 100 oz to 150 oz a day but you can just judge it on your urine
  • Quote: I heard that you are supposed to take your weight, divide by 2 and that should be how many ounces per day, but i'm not sure if that's a good way to go about it.

a little tmi, but i judge by the color of my urine, if it's clear, then i'm getting enough water, if it's yellow or dark yellow, then i'm not getting enough.
    That is how I was told to do it by my doctor once. It seems like a lot of water. My coach says 64oz perday, but I drink a lot more than that to make sure all everything is flushed out each day.
  • I drink so much water! I do add lemon to it and I like for it to be cold. My coach also allows crystal light and that helps!
    Smiles,
    Tina Lou
  • Quote: I drink so much water! I do add lemon to it and I like for it to be cold. My coach also allows crystal light and that helps!
    Smiles,
    Tina Lou
    Does your coach allow any Crystal Light - most of which contain aspartame and cause insulin spikes - or the kind that contain sucralose, which don't cause the spikes? Just curious because I understood that the insulin spikes can throw you out of ketosis. I haven't had any aspartame since starting IP and am just wondering.
  • Quote: Does your coach allow any Crystal Light - most of which contain aspartame and cause insulin spikes - or the kind that contain sucralose, which don't cause the spikes? Just curious because I understood that the insulin spikes can throw you out of ketosis. I haven't had any aspartame since starting IP and am just wondering.
    My coach allows one packet a day so I split it up between all of my water to give it some kind of flavor. It hasn't thrown me out of ketosis and I've been doing it for about 2 weeks.
  • i drink 16-20 8 oz glasses of water or more a day (128-160 oz/day). When I don't I start feeling thirsty.
  • My coach told me that I could have crystal light as long as it was 0 carbs, 0 fat and 0 sugar. I have had it since I started the program. I am losing and feel great. As long as I keep losing and feel good, I think I will keep drinking it. It does have 5 calories per serving.
  • Wow, I was told 64 oz!!
  • My Phase I protocol sheet lists 64 oz. of water (minimum) as a compulsory daily addition.
  • Thanks for all your replies, you are all such an inspiration to me, this forum is a lifesaver!!!!
  • I was told Powerade Zero, tea, coffee, etc. counts has your water oz for the day, too. I stay away from caf because I have a hard time getting my water in anyway, so I don't want to have to drink more just because I've had caffeine! During the winter, I'll be able to drink lots of hot tea, and there are a variety of flavors to look for.