Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 10:36 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 174.1/149.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Taylor!! I LOVE the new profile pic!! You look fantastic! 10lbs...how many inches??? Gorgeous!!

Had my ninth weigh in today...down 4.4lbs putting me at 149.2!! And, I weighed in at 4pm and I usually go at 9am so I'm betting it's actually less than that but I will take it!

I obviously have some catching up to do with last weeks thread (I've been away from my computer for 3 days) Jordana's pregnant??!!! That's fantastic Jordana!! Soooo happy for you!! I will try and go back and read what I've missed tomorrow morning hopefully.

Good night everyone! Luv to all!!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:27 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 241/173/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
Hi all!!
So I went home for a few days to spend some time with my family, and for some job interviews. I was telling my grandpa about IP, and he said he could tell I lost (I think he was just saying that) and was being super supportive. He said "the reason you've lost the weight is because YOU wanted to lose it." And he also told me for every pound I lose over 40 pounds he's going to pay me $3!! Talk about incentive!!

I also made myself a chocolate pudding--as a drink--after lunch at my moms. I poured a little into a cup so my older brother could try it, because he said he couldn't do a protein shake with water, he had to have milk. He loved it!! Then my two year old brother wanted a drink, so of course I gave him one, and then my six year old brother asked what it was and the two year old said "chocolate milk!!" And the two of them proceeded to finish it off for me. I got one drink of the whole thing.
But I guess you know it's good when two sugar crazed kids won't let you have it back!!

For lunch my mom made meatballs --in thick sugary sauce-- homemade macaroni, and cream potatoes and peas. I made a chicken breast with sauteed veggies and chicken soup as a gravy for myself and my daddy who is low-carbing. :yum: ALSO Please keep my dad in your prayers. He is a Loss Prevention manager exclusively at Cracker Barrel, and had to have me pack his chicken up, because there was an active shooter at the West Memphis, TN store and he had to get there. I'm sure the shooter was gone by the time he made it, but he will be investigating the case, which always makes me nervous.

My last exciting news of the day...You know you're getting too big when your Spanx don't fit anymore. Today I slipped them back on!!
I hope no one was hurt in the shooting, and that your dad's investigation goes smoothly.

Funny about the Spanx. I just wore a pair of Spanx the other day that I hadn't worn in a while because they were too snug. How bad is that when you buy them to make your big butt look a bit smaller only to have your butt get so big that you can't wear them at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoSuzy View Post
Taylor!! I LOVE the new profile pic!! You look fantastic! 10lbs...how many inches??? Gorgeous!!

Had my ninth weigh in today...down 4.4lbs putting me at 149.2!! And, I weighed in at 4pm and I usually go at 9am so I'm betting it's actually less than that but I will take it!

I obviously have some catching up to do with last weeks thread (I've been away from my computer for 3 days) Jordana's pregnant??!!! That's fantastic Jordana!! Soooo happy for you!! I will try and go back and read what I've missed tomorrow morning hopefully.

Good night everyone! Luv to all!!
Great weigh in.... and at the end of the day?! WOW!
Old 07-20-2010, 12:08 AM   #33  
slowthetime

I've been lurking for a week and wanted to finally check in and say "hi". My first week on Ideal Protein was amazing. Just mind blowing. I love the shakes. I love the soups (I know not everyone does). I'm only on the none restricted packets because I really want to make every day count. In the first week I lost 6 lbs and felt great.

Today, which is officially day 9, I started off by only having lost 0.4 lbs in the last two days. And then tonight I just couldn't not snack... I didn't cheat but I had a fourth protein packet. I could have had more salad but the idea of another chocolate shake was just too hard to resist (I've been having my third protein pack in the afternoon around 4PM). I poured the shake into a bowl and spooned it slowly like a decadent chocolate type soup. But still... I'm worried about old habits and wonder what life post IP will be like... Will I just simply not be able to resist? Yikes, it scares me and I'm usually pretty fearless.

Any thoughts?

I feel like I know some of you from reading all your posts and thought I'd share a little back - I'm 27 years old, happily married, have a super intense job and am on a never ending quest for balance. I'm also trying to lose the 20/25lbs I gained in the last two years while not watching what I was eating.

I thought you should know that my first impression of all of you is how strong you are - you're all such amazing women! In reading your threads I feel like there is a powerful theme - you're learning to honor yourselves and have created a vibrant community to do it - it's stunningly beautiful.

Last edited by slowthetime; 07-20-2010 at 12:10 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:58 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Slowthetime: Welcome to 3FC! I think you'll find the past and present posts can answer almost all your questions. The resources here are amazing.

Go through the threads and read "Life after Phase I" and some of the Phases documents -- honestly, if you follow it correctly, this diet gives you all the tools you'll ever need to manage your weight.

Good luck and welcome!

I'm going to a conference tomorrow for a few days and it took me about an hour to pack all the food I need to take! But, I think I'm completely prepared for everything. I packed all the veggies, emergency protein (chicken/hard boild eggs) and vitamins I need. There will be lots of pressure to drink, but I WILL be good.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:54 AM   #35  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

hi all!
Tomorrow I am heading off into the mountains for a camping trip...I'm stopping by for my WI on the way out of town, which I hope will be a great motivator for staying on plan. Of course, I can only eat what I am taking, but I can still eat too much!

Today I actually went out in public in a pair of shorts and a tight t-shirt without anything over the top hiding my body...what a weird feeling!

I've realized I've developed a lot of ambiguous feelings about my shape. On the one hand I know I look so much better than before, and sometimes almost feel slinky and sexy. But then 30 minutes later I see how much fat I still have (not distributed very evenly!) and feel again like a blob. I guess that is an improvement over my old "self" which was just felt fat and depressed and helpless all the time.

I DO feel like I am making choices and controlling my life, and that is the important thing for all of us. It's not a quick journey, but it's an important one (and maybe the elapsed time is important for helping us grow a new self image to match our new bodies?)
Old 07-20-2010, 08:43 AM   #36  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

First of all- I want to ask TAYLORMADE if her grams will adopt me as well?? lol
woo girl !! losing weight and making $$ .. nice!! ( It will help cover the cost of the packets)

Now to SLOWTHETIME, as a newbie to IP also, I welcome you! Sounds like you and I started almost the same time I did!!

I too feel this board has some incredibly strong women who love and nourish others, and Now are taking care of themselves with a DIET PLAN that actually works!

"I want you all to know I am lifting you up in daily prayer......I pray that each and every one of us reach our weight goals, to be FREE from this bondage of Fat that has has only given us a negative view of ourselves as long as we have carried it! I pray we each receive the gift of Determination over desire and to become the beautiful women on the outside that we are on the inside!" In Jesus's Name.. Amen..
Old 07-20-2010, 09:10 AM   #37  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Woke up this am .9 lbs lighter, which is good. Yeah, I was hoping for more, but oh well. I'm over my half way point, which is really awesome. I wonder if I can get the extra weight off before another 7 weeks rolls around.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
I hate to ask this question, but does constipation go along with this diet? I know calcium is very constipating. ouch!
It can be a problem for a lot of us. A couple of times when I had it, I just ate a large serving of cooked rhubarb. It works wonders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post
I was at a Walmart this weekend looking for the low carb protein powders, drinks and bars many of you have mentioned. Sadly they don't seem to be available at my local WM. While there I did see that Benefiber had boxes of single portion packs, kind of like Crystal Lite. There was a strawberry one, but it contains aspartame.
I buy all my stuff online: NOW whey protein isolate from netrition.com ($5 for shipping no matter how large the order is) and Lindora products from lindora.com whenever they have a good sale.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:41 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 217/189/145

Height: 5'5

JORDANNA CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!
This is so exciting!!!!
We are going to start trying after the wedding...and I was worried that IP may affect my chances of getting pregnant in a negative way...but this is great news!!!!

Do you intend on using any of the IP products while pregnant?
Old 07-20-2010, 10:42 AM   #40  
Sandra

S/C/G: 210/168/145

Height: 5'7"

I love reading all of your comments and can certainly identify with them. It makes me realize I am not the only one that struggles with temptation and gives me the strength to get past it.

Every time I get tempted I think about if I want to go back to feeling as awful as I did before IP, struggling to tuck my huge belly into pants, trying to cover it with over shirts etc. Do I really want to head back into that direction? Instead I start to think about heading towards my goal and enjoying shopping for clothes again.

My DH and I went to a party last night and when the hostess told me she was making spagetti and salad, I told her about the diet I am on and asked if it would be ok to bring my own protein and just have the salad. She was fine with that so we brought some meat we had cooked the day before, had the sald with it and when the brought out the ice cream cake I poured our shakes over ice and we had them instead. It was totally painless and I feel really good that we didn't cheat.
My reward was another pound lost when I stepped on the scale today!
Someone asked if the lack of appetite is ketosis and I believe it is. I check myself with ketosticks if I am in doubt. I used to absolutely crave all carbs but have not had that since past the first week on IP.
I hope all of you have a successful week and lose some more weight!

Last edited by CheeseCake4me; 07-20-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:06 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

Day 4 - Well... good news is I immediately wasn't hungry after day 1- Is this ketosis? I seem to have a lingering headache though... And I find I don't have as much energy to do the excerise I did before I started this.. Hmm they do say not to exercise and I can feel why...seems very odd not to excercise while on a diet though...Things seem to be going not so bad otherwise. I'm still on mt trial pkgs and I'm truthfully gagging some of the products down to find the ones I like.. Errrr that's a bit frustrating. Hope everyone else is staying on track! My scale showed 4 lbs down since Saturday... is that possible?????
Old 07-20-2010, 11:40 AM   #42  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
Day 4 - I seem to have a lingering headache though... And I find I don't have as much energy to do the excerise I did before I started this.. Hmm they do say not to exercise and I can feel why...
SillyPutty: Great job on the pounds already! If you have headaches, you may well need more salt. Try laying it onto a piece of celery or just lick it off your hand--the effect will be almost immediate. They don't want you to exercise because you are not getting enough calories to feed your body, especially the first few weeks as your body is adjusting. It may cause your body to go after muscle mass for energy and/or it may actually kick you out of ketosis! Wait 2-3 weeks and then you can do strength training and other low-heartbeat stuff without doing any damage.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:46 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

Wow Rocky Monarch... fyou have done amazing and are almost at your goal? That must feel amazing!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:52 AM   #44  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

"I want you all to know I am lifting you up in daily prayer......I pray that each and every one of us reach our weight goals, to be FREE from this bondage of Fat that has has only given us a negative view of ourselves as long as we have carried it! I pray we each receive the gift of Determination over desire and to become the beautiful women on the outside that we are on the inside!" In Jesus's Name.. Amen..

Coastalcrafter
And we say that prayer for you too! How nice of you to pray for us. I believe that prayer has a lot of power...so thanks so much. We are becoming the people we have known we were all along. Most of my life I needed to lose 20 lbs. After babies it became a bigger problem. I am noticing that I get more attention again. Larger ladies are often ignored or people look and then look away. I felt I was walking around stuck in someone else's body. So now I am unstuck.... and it feels great. You can run and dance and practically fly... so liberating. Never going back. I mean never. Never ever. Seriously.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 07-20-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:52 AM   #45  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelliemom View Post
I hope no one was hurt in the shooting, and that your dad's investigation goes smoothly.

Funny about the Spanx. I just wore a pair of Spanx the other day that I hadn't worn in a while because they were too snug. How bad is that when you buy them to make your big butt look a bit smaller only to have your butt get so big that you can't wear them at all.
Haha about the Spanx!! I haven't heard from my dad, so I assume that means he is okay. If he weren't, I'm sure someone would call me.

Quote:
First of all- I want to ask TAYLORMADE if her grams will adopt me as well?? lol
woo girl !! losing weight and making $$ .. nice!! ( It will help cover the cost of the packets)
When you add it up, it really doesn't sound like that much, but when you say it a 1 lb = $3 it sounds like a lot! Especially since I have so much to lose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoSuzy View Post
THANK YOU!!

Weigh-In #3 TODAY

I lost...
6 lbs!!! My biggest loss- and I started with restricteds last week!
1" chest (first one!)
2" waist (5.5" total)
1.5" hips (3.5" total)
0 arms (.75" total, why won't my wings go away??)
3.5" thigh (4.75" total)
8" TOTAL THIS WEEK!!

In 3 weeks I'm down 16 inches!! YAY!
Closed Thread