Old 07-17-2010, 12:38 AM   #1  
Motivated IP-er

S/C/G: HW313(2007) 264(IP)/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Is it weird that I don't crave anything?

I've been on the diet for 8+ weeks now, and haven't cheated yet. Well, I guess you can say I did by substituting Syntrax Nectar a few times... but it's 23 g protein/0fat/0carb.

My husband is sure that my "not craving anything I used to love" - beer, chips, cheese... is a sign that I'm developing an eating disorder. I try to tell him that I'm goal oriented, and don't want to have to go back through inducing ketosis...

But I really *don't* crave anything, except maybe a mixed drink now or then. Is that weird? Or are there other people who feel like me?
sgorny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:17 AM   #2  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgorny View Post
I've been on the diet for 8+ weeks now, and haven't cheated yet. Well, I guess you can say I did by substituting Syntrax Nectar a few times... but it's 23 g protein/0fat/0carb.

My husband is sure that my "not craving anything I used to love" - beer, chips, cheese... is a sign that I'm developing an eating disorder. I try to tell him that I'm goal oriented, and don't want to have to go back through inducing ketosis...

But I really *don't* crave anything, except maybe a mixed drink now or then. Is that weird? Or are there other people who feel like me?
I don't have an cravings, or hunger for that matter, and it sort of surprises me. I used to drink three glasses of skimmed milk a day and thought I would really miss that. But. . . . My sense of smell is heightened. When I was walking the puppy tonight I could smell what other people were cooking for dinner. Fish and bacon were particularly strong even though I wasn't close to houses. Almost wondered if it was a phantom oder. And it didn't make me hungry. I just enjoyed the aroma. Weird.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:38 AM   #3  
Suzie

S/C/G: 148/137/120

Height: 5'2"

I struggled with an ed for many years in my early 20s. an ed has nothing to do with food. it's about helplessness and a need for control. if you feel that your IP diet is possibly motivated by that need, then you might want to talk it over with someone just to make sure. if your husband is really concerned, maybe something to think about?

your lack of cravings could just be because of your dedication. you know those foods are counter productive to your goal so you just don't want them. I felt like that when I quit smoking. I was done. didn't want it. I would have a craving flare up once in a while but now I can't stand the smell!

most of my cravings have been more habit based... having a sweet after dinner. mindless snacking. though I could really go for some fruit!
lookin for loss is offline   Reply With Quote