Old 07-16-2010, 06:31 PM   #1  
Dave - The Speedo King

Default What's the deal with Matol? Lindora?

I came across Matol a while back. Their foods look *IDENTICAL* to the IP foods. Anyone know? Matol seems to be even more expensive that IP, though, so it doesn't seem like a viable alternative.

And while I'm on that topic, what about Lindora? Some of their items appear to be the same, but most aren't. Most are much lower in protein. But the cost is awesome. I have to assume that the soy puff stuff is the same, as are some of the bars. If you're using Lindora products, which ones do you like and which ones have you found are the same?

Lastly, I hit up Sam's Club today and bought a bunch of AES shakes and some Pure Protein bars. As I was paying $28 for 24 shakes, I realized that I was paying the same amount for 24 servings as I do for 7 IP servings. The longer I'm on IP, the more this bothers me. I'm getting great results on IP, but with as much weight as I have to lose, it's starting to take a financial toll.
salesgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:25 PM   #2  

Dave, have you checked out the thread on Alternative IP ... up in the stickies? There's a lot of info about EAS and Lindora.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...deas-tips.html

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 07-16-2010 at 07:27 PM.
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:17 PM   #3  
Dave - The Speedo King

I have. In fact I posted to that thread. Just curious what others have run into
salesgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
I came across Matol a while back. Their foods look *IDENTICAL* to the IP foods. Anyone know? Matol seems to be even more expensive that IP, though, so it doesn't seem like a viable alternative.

And while I'm on that topic, what about Lindora? Some of their items appear to be the same, but most aren't. Most are much lower in protein. But the cost is awesome. I have to assume that the soy puff stuff is the same, as are some of the bars. If you're using Lindora products, which ones do you like and which ones have you found are the same?

Lastly, I hit up Sam's Club today and bought a bunch of AES shakes and some Pure Protein bars. As I was paying $28 for 24 shakes, I realized that I was paying the same amount for 24 servings as I do for 7 IP servings. The longer I'm on IP, the more this bothers me. I'm getting great results on IP, but with as much weight as I have to lose, it's starting to take a financial toll.
I understand that Matol has the same packets as IP and is also based on Dr. Tran's book. But the price doesn't help.

I have been using Lindora since about the third week I was on the plan. I just think IP is overpriced. I'm not poor either. It's about value for the money. I try to be selective about what I buy. Nothing with aspartame cause I get migraines from it. I like the berry and strawberry creme smoothies. A little higher in carbs at 7 grams and a bit lower in protein at 15 grams. I also eat some of the puddings. The caramel nut bar is made by the same manufacturer, but it's a restricted item, of course. I managed to reach goal in 4 1/2 months and I'm maintaining pretty well.
BevS is offline   Reply With Quote