Old 07-21-2010, 03:24 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
It's very cool that you guys are doing this... I'm impressed, and heartened.

Not to be a hard*ss, but there is sometimes a lack of balance on these boards between assuaging people's guilt for going off plan, and holding each other accountable for the choices we make. The best help you can give someone on this diet is not always, "That's okay... you're only human," or "Everybody makes mistakes." But that is almost always the response, regardless of the number or severity of the infractions.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as sympathetic as anyone to the difficulties life brings, and I myself am an emotional eater who's had a few tough years. I am only human, and I make mistakes... but I also managed to stick to this protocol as though my life depended on it. Or maybe that's the difference for me. Perhaps my life DID depend on it.

It's not always an easy program, and I know lots of folks out there face a greater challenge than I did. Could I have sustained another 4 months on the plan if I'd had to? I don't know. But I would have wanted someone to show a little tough love if I'd started to slide to the point where I was no longer on track to get every advantage this diet has to offer. And now that I am in maintenance, I fully understand its therapeutic value, and how effective IP is as a long-term weight management tool. I am SO glad that I did not play fast and loose with the "rules."

Keep each other honest... you all deserve to be as successful as I have been on this diet. I so want that for everyone here... or I wouldn't have bothered sticking around.
Way to go Novak on exceeding your goals!! That is my plan as well! Thank you for your comment! I could not agree with you more! That is exactly why I posted this thread. Accountability is just that...keeping someone accountable. If you are telling them it's okay for every slip up, how are you really helping them? If you have goals in place, accountability partners can help each other make every effort to reach or exceed those goals. We all want/need to lose weight, most of us are probably emotional eaters, we have a lot in common....I say let's use the commonality to our advantage and help each other in our weight loss journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
Oh Yoda, you and your wise ways. I wish there were a Yoda smiley, so I could post it everytime I talk to you.
You're right. A lot of our lives DO depend on it. Being overweight causes so many more health issues. I had to keep going to the doctor, and upping my ante of my GERD medicine. After 2 weeks on IP, I HAD to cut it in half.
And a lot of us DO have a problem being honest...with ourselves. We let ourselves cheat, because we think oh no one will know. it will be okay it won't hurt too much. But we KNOW that's not the truth. So I'm glad to have someone I can be honest with completely, and I hope she can put me in my place. I know she did for sure this morning, but in the nicest way. Thanks!
And thanks, Novak, your constant words of knowledge and kindness. And don't worry, we don't think your TRYING to be a harda**. We know you ARE one
Way to go Taylor on cutting back on your meds! Before you know it, you will be completely off of them!! I hope I wasn't harsh this morning, but you are a beautiful young woman with your whole life ahead of you!!! You deserve to feel good and look good!!! You should be very proud of yourself!!
lisa4972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:44 PM   #32  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa4972 View Post
Way to go Novak on exceeding your goals!! That is my plan as well! Thank you for your comment! I could not agree with you more! That is exactly why I posted this thread. Accountability is just that...keeping someone accountable. If you are telling them it's okay for every slip up, how are you really helping them? If you have goals in place, accountability partners can help each other make every effort to reach or exceed those goals. We all want/need to lose weight, most of us are probably emotional eaters, we have a lot in common....I say let's use the commonality to our advantage and help each other in our weight loss journey
Totally agree this is a great idea..... it is always easier if you got a buddy.. that was how I managed 10 months of WW and 40 pounds as my freind and I went together or else I would have never made it, however she kept it off and I didnt. I was lucky with IP as my husband had done it first so he kept me inline for the most part and he has kept it off for over 6 months.
WannabeIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:05 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
Totally agree this is a great idea..... it is always easier if you got a buddy.. that was how I managed 10 months of WW and 40 pounds as my freind and I went together or else I would have never made it, however she kept it off and I didnt. I was lucky with IP as my husband had done it first so he kept me inline for the most part and he has kept it off for over 6 months.
That is awesome! Way to go on your weight loss and for such a supportive husband! Mine is extremely supportive as well, but he is not on IP and is already at goal weight. Not to mention he is gone a lot b/c he is a pilot, so I need the accountability!
lisa4972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:48 PM   #34  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Totally agree this is a great idea..... it is always easier if you got a buddy..
Hey, Wannabe! What are you doing over here?

Watch out all you IP threads! The "Life After" gals are on the prowl...
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:12 PM   #35  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Quote:
Hey, Wannabe! What are you doing over here?

Watch out all you IP threads! The "Life After" gals are on the prowl...
Thats right...putting 2 cents in everywhere we are...
Actually I stopped posting on this forum mid way as I was struggling, didnt want to be a downer and this sort of post back then would have helped, I wasnt cheating I was just not drinking as much water, not measuring my meat, not eating enough veggies and just got lazy with it and it reflected in the scale and well my husband was happy that it was down but it should have been done sooner. I am a slow learner, would of helped to have a once in awhile.
WannabeIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:10 AM   #36  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Actually I stopped posting on this forum mid way as I was struggling, didnt want to be a downer and this sort of post back then would have helped, I wasnt cheating I was just not drinking as much water, not measuring my meat, not eating enough veggies and just got lazy with it and it reflected in the scale and well my husband was happy that it was down but it should have been done sooner. I am a slow learner, would of helped to have a once in awhile.
Wannabee, I'd be happy to give you a anytime you need it.
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:14 AM   #37  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Quote:
Wannabee, I'd be happy to give you a anytime you need it.
Aww see, even you phase 4ers need some accountability every now and then
TaylorMayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:48 PM   #38  
Suzie

S/C/G: 148/137/120

Red face

Quote:

<Caution: Read at your own peril. Debbie Downer post ahead>
UGH, UGH, UGH... that's exactly what I am doing... I didn't think I needed to measure so precisely.. it just seems counterintuitive to NOT lose when you go from consuming way too many calories in the form of mostly carbs, processed, sugared foods. I didn't believe I had to maintain the right chemistry. I thought the healthy change would be enough if I stuck to the general guidelines.

I'm rethinking this obviously.

I also had a whopper long TOM - again the IP chemistry - and again, I doubted that you couldn't lose ...

and it's really great to hear about life after IP and the phases. Something to work toward other than scale watching. I, for one, totally appreciate the sharing and wisdom.
lookin for loss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:37 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 212/185/140

Height: 5 ft 3 in

This is my first day; and thankfully, my husband is also starting this journey. He has fewer punds to lose; but we both know this is where we belong and we are taking control of our lives. I'll be honest, these posts, replies, etc are a little overwhelming. I am pretty tech savvy; but hopefully can keep up with the posts, etc. My main goal is to break from sweets; they have controlled me way too long! Looking forward to my next 50+ years. Would love to connect via FB; will take a look at those pages!
Nauntie is offline   Reply With Quote