Old 07-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #1  
Rising from the ashes....

Height: 5'5"

Default Sticking my head out of lurkdom

Hello all

I have been following this board for a little while now and thought I would pop in to introduce myself. I am a registered nurse and I live just outside of Ft Knox Ky.

What a wonderfully supportive group you are!

I have looked and can find no center close to me so I will be attempting this on my own (tapping into all of your collective wisdom).

First thing I did was to earch for a protein shake substitute. So far I have tried the EAS chocolate and didnt care for it. Tasted too watery. I have some of the Adkins strawberry to try next and have ordered the Syntrax nectar in the Fuzzy Navel flavor. Hopefully one of those will work as a substitute.

~Deb
OnTargetforLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:28 PM   #2  
Nichole

Welcome to the board! I agree with you on the EAS tasting too watery. I have to remind myself of that every time I'm tempted to buy it because the price is right.

The Pure Protein frosty chocolate tastes MUCH better in my opinion. I've found them at Target, some Wal-marts (usually the powder instead of the ready to drink can or bottle) and my local grocery store.

Good luck!
nitenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:37 PM   #3  

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the advice. I saw the Pure Protein bars but not the powder at my local Wal Mart.

I will take a look at Target.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:49 PM   #4  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTargetforLife View Post
Hello all

I have been following this board for a little while now and thought I would pop in to introduce myself. I am a registered nurse and I live just outside of Ft Knox Ky.

What a wonderfully supportive group you are!

I have looked and can find no center close to me so I will be attempting this on my own (tapping into all of your collective wisdom).

First thing I did was to earch for a protein shake substitute. So far I have tried the EAS chocolate and didnt care for it. Tasted too watery. I have some of the Adkins strawberry to try next and have ordered the Syntrax nectar in the Fuzzy Navel flavor. Hopefully one of those will work as a substitute.

~Deb
There's also Ideal to Go online, if you want to go that route. My sister did that to start, while I coached her from afar. She eventually substituted some of the items (premade shakes, for example), but did an initial IP food order from them.

They do provide support if you ask for it, and some online tools/resources... though this forum served as my coach (and I was actually going to a clinic!)

Also check some of the Alternate threads here for protein recommendations if you choose to go it alone. And read Tran's book (free to view online.)

Good luck!
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Nice to have you in our group!

Listen to Novak! Try the Ideal to go for a little while. Also, you could order from lindora or new lifestyles. They have a few shakes and products that are nearly, if not, identical to the Ideal Protein.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:33 PM   #6  

Thanks Carla. I will do that.