Old 07-14-2010, 02:24 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 217/189/145

Height: 5'5

I agree, I felt so lazy after eating my junk this weekend...I had no energy to do anything....finally this morning I was back up walking at 5:30....it felt so good....you really realize how bloated you feel eating junk food.
AugustBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:16 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 151/133/125 (ID-June2nd)

Height: 5'3"

i had a cinnamon bun the other week and I was thinking to myself "why am I even eating this? it's not even that good" I still don't know why I kept eating it...
AngieEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:17 PM   #18  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post

Oh, and btw, I tried my first cauliflower mashed "potatoes" last night. Fantastic. I made some "gravy" with mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes, green pepper and green onion, that I put in the blender. Yum!
This sounds wonderful.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:24 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

I've been living off roasted cauliflower lately. SO GOOD! I really need to get more creative so i don't get sick of my favorite things....
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:05 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 247/ 247/148

Height: 5'4"

Hang in there - try and remember why you originally started and how you felt at that time - GOOD LUCK!
Reba Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:51 AM   #21  
Dave - The Speedo King

Every time I go to WI, I end up telling my coach about some creation I've come up with for dinner or a dressing or whatever. This week she said that none of her other dieters are that creative, and that she thinks that's one of the reasons I've been doing so well.

I think one of the keys to success with IP, and I'm hoping with the maintenance phase, is being as creative as possible in the kitchen. Since I've been on IP, I've tried to keep an open mind about trying things I've never had before, and just seeing what I come up with. Many of my ideas have been sparked by posts on the board, and for that I thank you!

Not everything I come up with is a success, but I've been truly amazed at some of the creations I've come up with, and I think it's the creativity that keeps it interesting and keeps me motivated.
salesgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:12 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 207/194/125

Height: 5'4

It's fun being creative.

Gabby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:29 PM   #23  
Motivated IP-er

S/C/G: HW313(2007) 264(IP)/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittStar027 View Post
Thank you guys for all your comments and support! My three day food bender was actually very unsatisfying and i realized that what i was craving really didn't taste that great. I feel so much "cleaner" when i'm on ideal protein. If that makes any sense whatsoever. Soooo, i'm back on plan as of today and feeling very very focused and happy. I'm ready to get this weight off my body and get into phase four!

I made an awesome dinner of egg salad (with WF mayo, i've officially perfected my recipe) and ate it with cucumber spears. So yum.

Regardless, as a result of my food bender i'm pretty sure i gained three pounds. Do you think they would question me i f i didn't want to weigh in on Friday? Or should i just own up to my binge?
I say own up to it. They understand that people occasionally slip. And going in keeps you accountable, making it easier to stay "on the wagon." They might warn you, but, if it comes, it should be a gentle one. I expect they would only get on your case if it is a pattern. Most of the people where I work cheat, tell the counselors, and only get threatened with being cut off it they do it weekly, or severely undereat (one girl ate only the 3 drinks/day & iceberg lettuce).

Anyway, own up to it, and move on. You can do it!
sgorny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:28 AM   #24  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Every time I go to WI, I end up telling my coach about some creation I've come up with for dinner or a dressing or whatever. This week she said that none of her other dieters are that creative, and that she thinks that's one of the reasons I've been doing so well.

I think one of the keys to success with IP, and I'm hoping with the maintenance phase, is being as creative as possible in the kitchen. Since I've been on IP, I've tried to keep an open mind about trying things I've never had before, and just seeing what I come up with. Many of my ideas have been sparked by posts on the board, and for that I thank you!

Not everything I come up with is a success, but I've been truly amazed at some of the creations I've come up with, and I think it's the creativity that keeps it interesting and keeps me motivated.
Within a day or two of when I joined someone posted that she'd just got her packets and was going to go "play with my food." I love that idea. It's made eating so much more fun and meaningful, I think.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:06 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

So, i weighed in yesterday, and even after my binge weekend i still lost .6lbs. Thank god. I told my diet coach that i had cheated and she just explained to me, again, that it is not in my best interest, so expensive, blah blah blah. So needless to say, i'm back on track and feeling great!
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:49 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:

I think variety definitely helps! Would you be willing to share some of your successful creations?
kplus80 is offline   Reply With Quote