nitenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:00 AM   #18  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
Erin
I will definitely be ordering from Lindora again when the RTD's go down to $8 for 4. I love Pure Protein frosty chocolate but tired rather quickly of the vanilla and it didn't go as well in my coffee. I'll try to remember to let you know in advance in case you want to add anything to the order since shipping goes down the more you order.
I have found the Pure protein pre-mades but no powder. Is that what you are using and if so, where are you getting it?

Do the Lindora vanilla RTD also taste exactly like IP? I've been ordering from New Lifestyle, but Lindora would be even cheaper given that they so often have sales and free shipping. I tried Muscle Milk: way too sweet. Tried EAS: too chalky/vitamin-y (although I use the EAS strawberrry RTD, if its really cold it tastes like strawberry Quik). I love the IP/Lifestyle ones, but wonder how Lindora tastes. (I am the world's pickiest eater, makes you wonder how I got so fat, no?)

Last edited by Rocky Monarch; 07-14-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:21 AM   #19  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
I have found the Pure protein pre-mades but no powder. Is that what you are using and if so, where are you getting it?

Do the Lindora vanilla RTD also taste exactly like IP? I've been ordering from New Lifestyle, but Lindora would be even cheaper given that they so often have sales and free shipping. I tried Muscle Milk: way too sweet. Tried EAS: too chalky/vitamin-y (although I use the EAS strawberrry RTD, if its really cold it tastes like strawberry Quik). I love the IP/Lifestyle ones, but wonder how Lindora tastes. (I am the world's pickiest eater, makes you wonder how I got so fat, no?)
Yes, in my opinion it tastes the same. In fact the very last purchase I made from my coach, she actually sold me a Lindora vanilla RTD. I wondered why the packaging was different and now I know why!
Old 07-14-2010, 03:46 PM   #20  

Smile Vanilla Drink

I tried to get the ready made vanilla drink as well and could not. I read an earlier post chocolate pudding diluted tastes like the ready made chocolate drink so I am wondering if you could try the vanilla pudding diluted for the same flavor as the vanilla drink. I used the ready made in my coffee for creamer and it was truely delicious
cactusfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:30 PM   #21  

WOW everyone...thanks for the great feedback. I am going to look into Lindora and New Lifestyles.

The only question that I have at this time is if my clinic will keep me if I am not purchasing the product from them. You know that's how they make their money (obviously w/the price!!!) so hmmmmmm. I want to get to the end so that I can learn what I need to know about the maintenance of the program. I've always been able to get it off, just can't keep it off going back to my old habits!

Keep up the great work everyone.
rocknrealtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:32 PM   #22  

In addition, I feel really disillusioned by Ideal Protein's claims that it is to medically standardized. If these other companies are selling the exact same drink....what makes it any different than IP.....other than that it is supervised.

I'm "hooked" now and don't want to quit til I lose the last pound. I'm just venting!
Old 07-15-2010, 11:42 PM   #23  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusfr View Post
I tried to get the ready made vanilla drink as well and could not. I read an earlier post chocolate pudding diluted tastes like the ready made chocolate drink so I am wondering if you could try the vanilla pudding diluted for the same flavor as the vanilla drink. I used the ready made in my coffee for creamer and it was truely delicious
I also use the vanilla RTD in my coffee and love it. Tried the vanilla pudding when it was unavailable and in my opinion it was not the same. Honestly the word I previously used to describe it was horrid. It works for some folks but for me... not so much!
Old 07-16-2010, 12:57 AM   #24  

In regard to NOVAK's post about IP having their own facility......really makes me wonder too. I find it strange that IP can't get the product out to us (who have been forking out $30/box of 6 since we started the program), but New Lifestyles has plenty of it in stock. Hmmmmmmmm????
Old 07-16-2010, 01:33 AM   #25  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrealtor View Post
In addition, I feel really disillusioned by Ideal Protein's claims that it is to medically standardized. If these other companies are selling the exact same drink....what makes it any different than IP.....other than that it is supervised.

I'm "hooked" now and don't want to quit til I lose the last pound. I'm just venting!
Frankly, the amount of nutritional information I P and "the other companies" give is so minimal I don't know how anyone can say they can compare them. Is the amount of potassium the same? are the amino acids the same?

One of I P's claims to fame is that it covers all eight amino acids in everyone of it's products. If that is so, you'd think they would want to brag and include detailed nutritional information on their boxes or, at least, on their website.

Regardless, I'll give you an example of what I mean about comparison. Someone on the program highly recommended Nectar whey protein isolate. Since it does list nutritional information it is possible to compare it with I P, or with I P's claim.

On the surface Nectar looks better -- higher protein, no carbs, lower sodium, no fat, cholesterol, sugar or, unfortunately, fiber. And it lists eleven amino acids. But only one of them is an essential amino acid. You can draw your own conclusions about whether or not the trade off is worth it. But at least in this one case, you can compare. I think its too simplistic to compare on the basis of calories, protein, and carbs alone even though those are the only points of comparison available.

Last edited by Linden; 07-16-2010 at 01:45 AM.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:52 AM   #26  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrealtor View Post

Are other companies selling the exact same thing? You mention New Lifestyles but I can't find anything there that has the same nutritional values as I P. In fact, for the ready made chocolate drink the values are WAY different:
Nutri Fast Chocolate (New Lifestyle)
Serving Size: 1 container, Calories: 160, Fat: 316g, Carbs: 19g, Protein: 15g

I sure hope that fat figure is a typo on their part.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:25 AM   #27  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Are other companies selling the exact same thing? You mention New Lifestyles but I can't find anything there that has the same nutritional values as I P. In fact, for the ready made chocolate drink the values are WAY different:
Nutri Fast Chocolate (New Lifestyle)
Serving Size: 1 container, Calories: 160, Fat: 316g, Carbs: 19g, Protein: 15g

I sure hope that fat figure is a typo on their part.
Not sure what you are looking at, but the New Lifestyle ready made drinks are the same as IP. For the chocolate: 100 calories, 4g carbs, 4g fat, 15g protein. The vanilla is only 3g carbs. The list of ingredients is exactly the same as the ones I originally got from IP. They are made in Canada, and are packaged in exactly the same manner as those I purchased from IP in the January-February time frame, though I believe IP now has boxes showing their name and logo.

I hope people understand that a major difference between IP products and others that look or taste the same is the manufacturing process, which is compliant with Canada's pharmaceutical and food standards. This is one reason why the products are more expensive than others. When a piece of equipment is finished making one product and they switch to another, it goes through a cleaning process that takes a full day, and costs $16k. This is why IP products do not contain the heavy metals that Consumer Reports recently found in other protein drinks on the market (cadmium, arsenic, and lead.)

You may ask, if Lindora, New Lifestyle, and IP all use the same supplier for premades, why does IP charge so much more? Are they just marking them up to make more money? Perhaps that's part of it, though my assumption is that the other products carried by Lindora and New Lifestyles are NOT manufactured in compliance with the Canadian standards, making them less costly to produce. But since all IP products are manufactured to those standards, there is no way to offset the higher cost of one product with those less costly to make.

Whatever protein or supplements we use, we should take into account the quality, in addition to the list of ingredients/nutritional information on the label.
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:42 AM   #28  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Not sure what you are looking at, but the New Lifestyle ready made drinks are the same as IP. For the chocolate: 100 calories, 4g carbs, 4g fat, 15g protein. The vanilla is only 3g carbs. The list of ingredients is exactly the same as the ones I originally got from IP.
Here's the website I was looking at. http://www.************.com/nutritio...new-lifestyles

But more to the point, I really appreciate your information about the formulation and processing of I P products. I think, in some ways, we are kind of making the same argument -- that, on the micro-nutrient level, and in terms of processing -- that I P products are different than those that appear to be the same?
Old 07-16-2010, 01:20 PM   #29  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Here's the website I was looking at. http://www.************.com/nutritio...new-lifestyles

But more to the point, I really appreciate your information about the formulation and processing of I P products. I think, in some ways, we are kind of making the same argument -- that, on the micro-nutrient level, and in terms of processing -- that I P products are different than those that appear to be the same?
Couldn't make your link work... I got it right off the New Lifestyle site that I go to when I purchase the products, as well as the sleeve on the boxes I have in my kitchen!

And absolutely, there are differences that are not immediately obvious without the research.
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:29 PM   #30  

Hi Girls: Can someone that has Lindora bars in their cupboard please go and look at them to see where they are manufactured? I'm still researching this whole thing and I'm curious!! Thanks!