Old 07-06-2010, 06:47 PM   #76  

Height: 5'8"

xanthia
i have to agree with carla. you are at a healthy BMI and seem to be the athletic type. your body really does need more calories on the days you hike, i'd almost say an extra two packets if you're burning close to 400 calories. see if maybe bumping up the calorie intake could help. i know that when i miss meals or packts during the week, my loss is never as good as the weeks i am eating everything i'm supposed to. i know that whatever decision you make will be the right one

deinkatze might have some good advice for you too, dk where are you?
mamaerinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:57 PM   #77  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Thanks! I keep believing that. I just know, until I prove otherwise, I will have that question/feeling in the back of my mind.

Xanthia,

I am so sorry this is at an aggravation stage for you! You are obviously trying and doing all you can or know to do.

I was looking at the information you have on your page. I notice you are 5'8" and 153.7 pounds. I am not sure of your age (guessing early 30's) and I am not sure of your bone structure (I'd guess medium based on that being the majority of women). When you look at those bits and guesses. It seems to me you are at a healthy BMI (23.4) and right in your ideal weight range. Ideal for an adult, medium frame, 5'8" woman is 130 -164.

Is it possible you are so close to your natural, ideal weight that the diet is not working well? Meaning, are you eating to FEW calories per day now? You mention exercising and burning 400 calories. You also mention eating only 850 calories per day. That means you really are only getting about 450 calories a day. THAT IS STARVATION!! If you are exercising you need to be at a healthy calorie intake. Given that you are already a normal BMI and weight for your height, it is possible you aren't eating enough. If you were to continue doing that, it is possible, you could lose muscle and increase body fat. Do you know where your body fat percentage is? If you are under 25% it will be harder to lose weight because you are also at a normal body fat level. It will also be more critical that you are eating plenty of healthy calories. If you want to exercise to tone and lose, you need a good calorie level from healthy protein, low carb, low fat. It will aid your body in building muscle and burning fat while you exercise.

Have you looked at any healthy weight/ideal weight calculators, calorie need calculators, bmi calculators, healthy body fat charts for your height and bone frame?? If you want to check out a few. I have posted a few below. You will find there is some variation as to the idea of "healthy". That said, my guess is you are "right there" and your body isn't willing to respond to extremely low calories.
Yes, I know I am in the "healthy" range, and I know so many aren't and I don't want to seem like a complainer. I also don't want to seem like I have an ED either and am pushing for perfection. At 140 where I was consistently before my thyroid issues a few years ago I was the healthiest and happiest. My coach was fine with me hiking 3x a week (I used to do the gym 5x), but I look at the number breakdown, and it is too much on this diet. My metabolic rate is 1250 to run on according to the tests (stupid lack of thyroid!! my doctor did one, and his was 1200, and my coach did one and she got 1300 with her scale). Every time I try to eat more, I get bumped out of ketosis. My body fat is at around 26% I believe, I don't remember looking at that when she writes it down.
xanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #78  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
xanthia
i have to agree with carla. you are at a healthy BMI and seem to be the athletic type. your body really does need more calories on the days you hike, i'd almost say an extra two packets if you're burning close to 400 calories. see if maybe bumping up the calorie intake could help. i know that when i miss meals or packts during the week, my loss is never as good as the weeks i am eating everything i'm supposed to. i know that whatever decision you make will be the right one

deinkatze might have some good advice for you too, dk where are you?
Erin, good idea on the extra packets. I was doing my lunch packet after my hikes since it was around that time in the parking lot, then driving home and having a 3 egg white omelet and 2 cups of veggies (or more). On days I hike those are the days I get 850ish, which when adding an extra protein packet plus my extra protein might be enough. I also should cut it down to 2x I think, or find shorter hikes

It is all a trial and error. My problem is a lot of the vegetarian proteins have carbs, be it maybe only 5, but they add up. I've been doing eggs lately (I hate eggs) but I'm messing up somehow! Gotta read through my logs, right now it looks like the exercise is burning up too much of my fuel.
xanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:17 PM   #79  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
melissa, thanks for sharing! i always thought i was out of the ordinary with my average of 2.5 lbs per week lost and it was frustrating. good to see i'm not the only one, you're doing fabulous!
Thanks, I don't think of it as fabulous, but I'm just happy to be losing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustBride View Post
Ladies,

I have finally made it to ONEDERLAND!!!!! I haven't been here in 3 years....I am over the moon. Thank you all for the support!!!!
Welcome to ONEDERLAND indeed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicjul View Post
I have updated my profile picture from my brother in laws wedding, I am waiting for more pictures
I've missed you! You're beautiful. Thanks for the new picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Just wondering about everyone's weigh loss goals... I set my ideal weight at 160, but I have no idea if that will be enough/too much. How did everyone else decide? I guess I will wait and see when I get close to there and see if I want to lose more or less?
I just picked a weight that I remember feeling content in. It really doesn't seem like a possibility some days, but then other days I'm sure that I'll make it. You'll figure it out, and you don't have to marry it, just date it for a while and if you're feeling all warm and fuzzy about it, change it again.

Quote:
I DID IT......

I BOUGHT A SCALE....
Oh no! Now you're gonna be a scale hopper like the rest of us!
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:17 PM   #80  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
I was super excited about placing an order with Lindora for the vanilla pre-mades and then with no explanation they canceled my order! I emailed customer service and they said to call in. I just did that and they confirmed the order at the original price! Yay! So now I'm wondering should I mention this to my coach so that she knows why I only want to order two boxes of IP product or should I continue to get three boxes knowing I don't really need that much?? Other than the jello and blueberry cranberry pomegranate shakes, there's really nothing else I want to order.
Nitenic-- I have been on the don't ask, don't tell plan. I went to the IP doc each week for the first 2.5 months or so and bought each week. Then I started traveling so I bought a week from the IP doc when I was there but ordered Lindora for the other weeks when I wasn't back there in a week. I go back to the IP doc this week but haven't been for 3 weeks. I only use the vanilla boxed drinks. The last time I was there they said they wouldn't have them for awhile. We'll see what they say this week. I ordered 60 (3 weeks worth) from Lindora the end of May and just got them so it's nice not to have to worry if the doc doesn't have any. I also have a small collection of other products, both IP and Lindora that I haven't used. Probably another 4-5 weeks worth. My calculation is I've spent $37.63 per pound thus far. But that doesn't take into account the weeks of food I have already paid for and not eaten. Hopefully I will lose more weight, finish my stockpile during phase 2 (Some of it is from Lindora orders when I thought I would eat restricteds. I haven't had any in weeks.) and the price per pound will come down. I have placed 6 or 7 Lindora orders. Always well in advance of needing them! They can be very very slow.
I want to support the dr's office, so I always buy from them when I am there. Otherwise, I am not paying to see the doctor at all which just doesn't seem right. You need to do what makes sense for you and you are most comfortable with.
KelseyI have made a spreadsheet too. Mine has all of the values I get from the fancy scale at the doctor's office. I am curious. Why google? I did mine with my Microsoft office software. Thanks for sharing yours.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 07-06-2010 at 08:31 PM.
HopefulTricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:26 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

I've been having cravings really bad today. I'm still in ketosis- have been since Day 3 (it's now day 14). How do I deal with this?!?! I'm pretty sure if I see another cup of veggies I think I might throw them across the room.

Advice/encouragement/stern words are gladly welcomed.
Soon 2 B MrsT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:35 PM   #82  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
I've been having cravings really bad today. I'm still in ketosis- have been since Day 3 (it's now day 14). How do I deal with this?!?! I'm pretty sure if I see another cup of veggies I think I might throw them across the room.

My day has been just like that too. Part of the problem is I have a son here so there are cookies and jelly bellies that aren't around when he's at college. I have had an extra bowl of romaine with olive oil and salt and some extra protein. Trying to tell myself I can cheat tomorrow if I want to. Just needing to get through today. Hopefully tomorrow I won't want to cheat! I read that someone has gone to bed early to avoid cheating. Isn't that funny? I guess anything that works-- I am thinking of a bubble bath soon. Brushing my teeth. Taking vitamins. There is no question that the hard days are REALLY hard!! It also helps when I can focus on something else and forget about food.
I wonder how many hours we discuss food in our heads????
It would really astound us I think!
HopefulTricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:40 PM   #83  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Taylor

Great WI!!

Yes, I've read all of the books and see Twilight and New Moon both. My hubby actually LIKES the movies too. Jacob is my bf, the hubby knows this too and I also feel like a weirdo because I think he's 18-yes, I'm that creepy old cradle robber! hahahaha
Girl, my 40 year old mother went and saw it yesterday too. Owns all the books and the two movies that are already out, and would probably beat you up if you said that Jacob was yours. She's a little crazy Luckily for me, that's only 2 years younger than me I saw a boy in the mall the other day who looked just like him, but my friend pulled me away insisting he couldn't be over 15. So apparently I'm a cradle robber too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
Good work on finding a job and a place to live, sounds like you are really taking control of your life! Isn't it fun to be getting all that sorted out? So, so glad to hear about your brother--its a serious illness but it sounds like they got him treated quickly and he'll bounce back soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yelliemom View Post
TaylorMayde- Congrats on your week 1 results! You're doing awesome, especially with everything you had going on last week. Congrats on the new apartment in a convenient location. I just moved from a neighborhood where I could walk to several places to the middle of nowhere. Both have their good points. Also glad to hear your brother is doing better. My DH had meningitis about 8 years ago. It was scary, especially since they thought he had the more serious type at first. Thankfully he didn't and after a few weeks he was 100% back to his old self again.
Thanks for all your support! I'm also excited because the apartment has free tanning, which is gonna save me like $50 a month, and a 16 person jacuzzi and a sauna. Plus a state of the art gym

Quote:
ok...i was thinking about this today too. i love the chili. i eat it almost every day over lettuce with a ton of hot sauce and it's like i'm eating real food. it has 9 g net carbs. it is considered a restricted. the cereal(and chocolate drink mix come to think of it) has 7 g net carbs and is non restriced. so basically i could have 3 bowls of ceral every day with 21 g net carbs coming from packets. could i technically have 2 bowls of chili(18 g net) plus a low carb pack like pudding to make a total of 21 net carbs per day or is there something else behind WHY i can't have 2 packs of chili and a pudding but i can have 2 chocolate drinks and a cereal?

any responses would be appreciated
Find any answer to this yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
This just in:

haven't found a scale yet
Quote:
I DID IT......

I BOUGHT A SCALE....
You two are being a bad influence to me!! I already can't stay off the scale, now I feel I must go buy one! Bahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post

I've started to hate the smell of veggies. Everytime I walk in my house it's all I smell. It even smells like veggies in my car. How does that happen
I don't have much advice, but I do know you've done great the last two weeks, and YOU CAN DO IT!!
TaylorMayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:51 PM   #84  
Nichole

Melissa – love your google weight chart! Thanks for sharing with us.

AugustBride, TaylorMade, Soon to be Mrs T, Shrinkingsusie – congrats on your losses!! And onederland – yay!!

Erin – congrats on the bikini! And welcome to the scale obsession.

Shrinkingsusie – my initial goal is 100 lbs. That will put me over what all the height/weight charts say but it will be the lowest I’ve ever weighed as an adult so I want to see what it feels/looks like before I set my final goal.

Meshell548 – I am soooo sorry to hear about what you’re going through! I pray I never experience hair loss because I don’t know if I could continue IP if I lost significant amounts of hair. So far I’ve had the opposite experience and my hair has gotten longer so I hope it stays that way! I did experience the nausea bit after packets. So far the only ones that haven’t affected me yet are the jello and blueberry, cranberry & pomegranate packets and again I hope it stays that way. I’ve been on the program since May 8.

Jessica & Pita – y’all have a good point. I just have guilt issues I suppose. I already have extra packets as it is from subbing in Pure Protein because I like the taste sooooo much more than IP. My coach was not receptive at all to having that conversation and I suspect it will be the same way with Lindora.

Carla – thanks for the great suggestions! My doctor’s office was supposed to call in 2 nasal sprays and an inhaler so hopefully I can get started on that in the morning. For some reason my pharmacy didn’t have it tonight.

I bought the very last vanilla pre-made that my coach had and it was not in IP packaging. It matched the packaging that someone on here posted of Lindora! So part of me wonders why she doesn’t order more and sell those to us but I almost hate to ask since I can purchase them on my own for $8/4 pack vs. $29/6 pack. Last time I asked she said she wouldn’t be able to get them in for awhile since it’s being reformulated. But you’re absolutely right about the loss of revenue on one box vs. three boxes. And I have a lot to lose so she will potentially make a fortune off me if I keep going there. I just don’t like being confrontational but worse case, if she gets mad and kicks me off I do it on my own or buy products from another clinic. I do really like her though, except on rare occasions like today when she told me I was drinking too much water and should get tested for diabetes.

HopefulTricia – good idea on stockpiling products! I suspect I will be moving soon and I should start hanging onto stuff I don’t want to use right now to get me through until I figure out if I want to find another coach in my new city and/or later phases. From the three places that I know of in Austin, none of the coaches are medical professionals and would refer me to my own doctor if I had serious questions, so I imagine it’s probably the same scenario in Houston and Dallas.

Re: the google documents, I track my weight daily and record it in a google doc. Since I had 2 computers at home and a work laptop that I use all day, I liked the portability of google docs because I can access it anywhere.

Soon 2 B MrsT – have you considered having an extra packet?
nitenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:58 PM   #85  

nichole

WHAT?!?!?!? she told you that you were drinking TOO much water? why in the world would she tlel you to get tested for diabetes????

this makes me very sad, as i recommended her to you
Old 07-06-2010, 10:05 PM   #86  

oh and one more thing today, the scale i bought was a pricey digital one and i weighed myself today and it showed 166(!!!!!!). and believe me when i say since purchasing it around 4 today, i HOPPED on about 10 times thought i'd never recover from this weekend but i think sometimes a cheat is a good kick in the rear for your body to get things moving again!
Old 07-06-2010, 10:27 PM   #87  
Nichole

Erin

Please don't feel bad! I was kinda hesitant to even post that on here cuz I didn't want you to get upset.

I think she probably gave me the best advice she could. She said it was her opinion that I was drinking too much water and said it was a sign of diabetes and maybe I should see a doctor. I thought it was maybe my body trying to fight off an infection so I did end up calling and they prescribed several things to help.

She doesn't understand endometriosis and PCOS but my ob/gyn office wasn't really much help with those either. I'm just happy to be on a plan that's reversing the insulin resistance so that I won't be faced with diabetes later in life! The nurse practitioner at my ob/gyn office told me about IP in the middle of my pap smear. Literally. She started off my complementing me on how "steady" my weight was WHILE she had the instrument you know where. This was the year after my first visit when the nurses made a huge deal about having to find a bigger gown, needing to use a larger blood pressure armband (which my doctor NEVER had to do), etc. and the same lady being an absolute witch about my weight.

The nurse practitioner also insinuated that I couldn't afford the program and said that the doctor may be willing to take me on as a "test" case since having PCOS (which she never acknowledged made it hard for me to lose weight until it was convenient) and such a "steady weight" made me a great candidate for IP. I was seriously offended but desperate at that point, so I actually went to the open house that they had. The same people who treated me like the crap the first two years I dealt with them were never sweeter than they were that night. We have crummy insurance so a couple of other people in my office also go to her and have had less than stellar experiences as well, so I know it's not just me. I was under the gun with needing the BC prescription this year otherwise I would not have gone back. But I guess I'm glad I did because it exposed me to IP.

Anyways, I've shared all that to say I'm still grateful that you gave me an alternative and I will happily go there until I leave Austin. Or until she kicks me out for wanting to use Lindora.
nitenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:48 PM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
Erin

Please don't feel bad! I was kinda hesitant to even post that on here cuz I didn't want you to get upset.

I think she probably gave me the best advice she could. She said it was her opinion that I was drinking too much water and said it was a sign of diabetes and maybe I should see a doctor. I thought it was maybe my body trying to fight off an infection so I did end up calling and they prescribed several things to help.

She doesn't understand endometriosis and PCOS but my ob/gyn office wasn't really much help with those either. I'm just happy to be on a plan that's reversing the insulin resistance so that I won't be faced with diabetes later in life! The nurse practitioner at my ob/gyn office told me about IP in the middle of my pap smear. Literally. She started off my complementing me on how "steady" my weight was WHILE she had the instrument you know where. This was the year after my first visit when the nurses made a huge deal about having to find a bigger gown, needing to use a larger blood pressure armband (which my doctor NEVER had to do), etc. and the same lady being an absolute witch about my weight.

The nurse practitioner also insinuated that I couldn't afford the program and said that the doctor may be willing to take me on as a "test" case since having PCOS (which she never acknowledged made it hard for me to lose weight until it was convenient) and such a "steady weight" made me a great candidate for IP. I was seriously offended but desperate at that point, so I actually went to the open house that they had. The same people who treated me like the crap the first two years I dealt with them were never sweeter than they were that night. We have crummy insurance so a couple of other people in my office also go to her and have had less than stellar experiences as well, so I know it's not just me. I was under the gun with needing the BC prescription this year otherwise I would not have gone back. But I guess I'm glad I did because it exposed me to IP.

Anyways, I've shared all that to say I'm still grateful that you gave me an alternative and I will happily go there until I leave Austin. Or until she kicks me out for wanting to use Lindora.
i just hope with all my heart that she's not been ugly to you like the people at your dr's office. i have a very dear friend who has pcos, was maybe 110 around 18 and gained 90 lbs over the last 6 years bc of it. people really don't understand sometimes how hard it is to handle weight with it. shoot, i'm on birth control and KNOW that my overweight-ness has been due to it but i honestly cannot afford another child right now. so i'll take the weight gain for my extremely hard working hubster and my children so that they can have all we can offer. i understand it's difficult to explain to people sometimes but hey if they can't handle it-screw 'em!

and when are you gonna schedule a WI on a monday, wednesday or friday so i can finally meet you?!?

i promise i won't even mention(and i haven't yet either) that i know you from 3fc!!
Old 07-06-2010, 10:53 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 211/166/140 started: 5/25

Height: 5'5"

NO loss this week...bummer!
dietfrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:53 PM   #90  

funny story:

i bought the scale today and my 6' 2" husband's thought he's weighed 220 forever now. well that big old lug hopped on earlier ad it was a solid 208. he didn't even flinch-no excitement. NOTHING. then he proceeds to tell me that he bets i've been on the damn thing before and after i peed like a crazy woman. i shrugged and said "sure have!" tell he tells me he's going to have to end up hiding the thing. GREAT, now i'm in the same boat as you pita

MEN! if i got on a scale and it was 12 lbs lowed than i thought i'd be ecstatic!!!!!