Old 07-09-2010, 11:14 PM   #256  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Black Republican's (it's a cherry, honest, very rare, hence the name...) are my favorite. Ok, I think I needed to type it, now I'm over it.
love it, just laughed out loud, glad you typed it!
mamaerinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:35 PM   #257  

Height: 5'8"

ACK! i am officially 4 lbs away from my original goal and 9 away from the goal i made last week. i am terrified of coming off this program so i am scared i will keep prolonging this and end up as wannabe has said "skelator".. how many times did you ipers change your goal weight and what made it finally *click* that you were done changing the goal?
mamaerinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:57 PM   #258  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
WI #11, down 2 lbs, 165.4!!! woo-woot!
Yay Erin!! That's great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Here's a technique that might be useful for people who tote their lunches. I've found it VERY helpful. Since most of our food comes by boat from the mainland (which is shameful, but another issue), getting prime, fresh salad lettuce is a challenge. We have wonderful farmers' markets but I'm squeamish about the slightly more than occasional bugs that come with their organic salad. So this method is ideal for keeping salad fresh.

http://www.salad-in-a-jar.com/skinny...salad-in-a-jar
LOVE that idea!
nitenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:58 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 211/166/140 started: 5/25

Height: 5'5"

Love reading the posts! congarts to all on your accomplishments this week.

I did not have a good day today... just felt nauseated all day, and hungry at the same time. Is that even possible? I love the cereal so had it for breakfast and for lunch today (made me feel better), but I just read that the carbs are a bit higher even though the cereal is not a restricted item. am a little bummed about this new information. I got really sick of "eating" the drinks so the cereal and the omelets are what I live on. I love the chili but trying not to have it every day.

and to top it off... tomorrow, I am going to my cousin's wedding. i don't have anything to wear (dressy) that fits me. just tried on a couple of my skirts and they are soooo baggy. i'm not complaining about that part, but what will i wear?? and what will i do about the dinner? do you think it's OK to bring my dinner and ask for an empty plate during the reception?

help, advice appreciated!

Last edited by dietfrenzy; 07-09-2010 at 11:59 PM.
dietfrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:05 AM   #260  

S/C/G: 260/243/165 Started IP 6/21/10

Height: 5'9

So i've been battling the Bad Breath issue and I won't lie, so has my poor DH. Brushing teeth, gargling mouthwash, doesn't matter still bad! So my coach suggested the Listerine Tongue Strips or some Peppermint Spirits (no, not the schnapps). So I went to Sprouts and got a small bottle of Peppermint Oil and a few drops on the tongue and my hubby wants to kiss me again!

Also my coach suggested putting a few drops in my water and I have to say it's very refreshing!

congrats on the great losses! Keep up the good work everyone! I love reading these posts!
dawn5419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:34 AM   #261  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Oh, and I got my miracle noodles this week, too, but although I prepared them correctly, I didn't fix the right meal with them...not sure what to make with them, any quick suggestions? I don't need recipes, just how others have used or subbed for them.

Was over come with headache/lightheadedness tonight. It's strange, because I've felt so great lately. Not sure what this is, and as I'm sitting here, mosquitoes have found their way inside my house and started ATTACKING me .
JessicaCourez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:58 AM   #262  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
go to quick links in the bar at the top of the page, then click edit signature. once that opens you'll see your link and just dit the number saccordingly. hope that helps, let me know if just confused you more though, i'm having major low carb brain today!

OK PEOPLE!
tell me how this happens?? i go in for weigh in today first thing in the morning post pee, pre food/drink and weight 165, NOW after eating meals and drinking all day i weight 164...
Thanks a lot, Erin. It never occurred to me to tamper with a URL, obviously. As to your question, I think a book on the perverseness of scales would probably sell well to this crowd. I'd buy it.

Last edited by Linden; 07-10-2010 at 06:07 AM.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:09 AM   #263  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn5419 View Post
So i've been battling
Try googling cucumbers and BB.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:43 AM   #264  

S/C/G: 231/210/170

Height: 5'7"

Quick Question

Is it OK to put a little Splenda in the pudding? My coach went on and on about how delicious it was and how I was going to LOVE it and I was very disappointed! LOL
tripmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:53 AM   #265  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripmommy View Post
Quick Question

Is it OK to put a little Splenda in the pudding? My coach went on and on about how delicious it was and how I was going to LOVE it and I was very disappointed! LOL
yes
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:22 AM   #266  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Ladies and Gentlemen, It has been said that the one and only Melissa Kelsey has finally reached 40 lbs lost! Yes, you heard it here; she stepped on the scale and read 181.6, stepped off the scale, wiped her sleepy eyes, and stepped back on the scale where the little digital numbers once again stopped at 181.6. Never has she been more elated since starting IP then now. Here's why: slow loss has started to creep away, and medium loss is taking over, 40 lbs lost means she's only 2.5 away from 1/2 way to goal, 181.6 means she's alost in the 170s - which she hasn't seen in over 4 years, and because, well 40 is just a HUGE freakin' amount of poundage to lose in less than 4 months.

For those of you that have followed her success story, she hasn't loved Dr. "F" Face (her IP coach) for a while now, and so, she quit going to see him a couple weeks ago. He sent her text message yesterday inquiring about her where abouts on Friday morning - or at least missing her in his office, and she told him, she needed a break, so she wouldn't be making an appointment. The truth is she needs a break from him and the ravaging of her $$$, but NOT from IP. She loves IP. She loves her friends at 3FC!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Thanks people for the support of this board. It's safe to say that none of us would be where we are today without EACH OTHER, the board is not what pulls us through, it's simply the medium for which we HUMANS can communicate or feelings, thoughts, opinions, successes, failures, frustrations, enthusiasms and whatever else we have going on. So hugs and kisses from Florida! I love you all. I call you my friends, and I mean it.

Last edited by Kelsey; 07-10-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:58 AM   #267  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Wannabe and Kelsey - I lost 40 pounds in 3. 5 months too but boy do I feel deprived compared to what you're been eating Kelsey!! My diet is way more like Wannabe's. No restricteds in a long, long time and some of those bars are very very good. Somehow, I just feel better with the drinks and then real protein at dinner. Not sure if it's my digestion, food allergies or metabolism but once you know what it feels like to be digesting and eliminating properly, you don't want to do anything to upset it! I guess I have a sensitive system like Wannabe is describing. Congrats to us. Proves there's more than 1 way to have success with IP!
Well, I don't have a restricted everyday, that's for sure. Often, like last night, I'll have 1/2 a bar. That way it's a more reasonable amount of carbs, but I get to satisfy that "craving" for something yummy in my tummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
My DH has been doing his own kind of alternative along with me (on plan) and he has been eating the Dixie Diner Nutlettes to go, which he orders from Netrition. They are $4.29 for a 6-pack, and they are REALLY crunchy, kind of like grape nuts. Pretty good with some WF maple syrup...
146 calories
17g carb
7 g fiber
(10 net g carb)
1 g fat
23g protein

He has a really high metabolism, and these do ok for him. I've been thinking about using them but I'd probably use a half packet at a time (given the calories and carbs). But each packet is probably 1/2c of cereal, so a half pack is still good size.
Wow, I may have to try this! Thanks Rocky! He puts the syrup in the cereal? What kind of liquid does he use (the IP you just add water, and maybe pour a little bit of van drink in there and of course sprinkle cinnamon).

Quote:
OK PEOPLE!
tell me how this happens?? i go in for weigh in today first thing in the morning post pee, pre food/drink and weight 165, NOW after eating meals and drinking all day i weight 164...i think i'm counting this week as a -3 lb week, what do you think? and for inquiring minds.....i'm still waiting for that cute mr. ups man to bring my my itsy bitsy bikini! will let y'all know what i(and hubby) think when i(and hubby) get it!
I say there are just some things we are not meant to understand! Just LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

Quote:
I ordered on the last day of the Lindora 30% off sale and just got a package today. I'm not sure if it's all of it, but its close. Woot!

I completely agree that the net carbs matter -- weeks I eat stuff higher in carbs, I don't lose as much. Period. I started tracking, and I'm doing much better.
WOW your order came SOOOOOO quickly!!! You'll have to let us know what you think of the taste (my first taste of each item wasn't favorable, but by the 2nd or 3rd time I was loving my stuff... not sure how that happens)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn5419 View Post
So i've been battling the Bad Breath issue!
Great tip! Thanks

Quote:
Was over come with headache/lightheadedness tonight. It's strange, because I've felt so great lately. Not sure what this is, and as I'm sitting here, mosquitoes have found their way inside my house and started ATTACKING me .
Hope you're feeling better, and the mosquitoes have gone away and left you alone!
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:07 AM   #268  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen, It has been said that the one and only Melissa Kelsey has finally reached 40 lbs lost! ... and because, well 40 is just a HUGE freakin' amount of poundage to lose in less than 4 months.
Congratulations! What a great way to start the weekend!

Not only have you taken significant steps to your goal, you've made a tremendous contribution to lots of people through your posting and sharing. : As the kids used to say: You're AWESOME.

Quote:
dawn5410: So I ... got a small bottle of Peppermint Oil and a few drops on the tongue and my hubby wants to kiss me again!
Quote:
Linden:Try googling cucumbers and BB.
Great tips, thanks! I'm filing those ideas away for future use.

Quote:
jlewis88: Well after last weeks less than stellar performance of only 1.4lbs I am back on track.

Down 5.4 lbs this week.....this is a grand total of 30lbs in 5 weeks!
-0.25" in the chest
-1.0" in the stomach
-0.5" in the hips
Woohoo! You must be really pleased, if not ecstatic! Having just started, I'm excited to hear about results others have achieved on the IP adventure. You got my math mind going ... If you take out the "less than stellar" week, you lost 28.6 lbs in 4 weeks, thats > 7 lbs/week! (7.15, to be precise)

Me: Day 1 is done. I was concerned about eating packaged food and was surprised that I found the taste of the foods reasonable (some enjoyable) and that I wasn't terribly hungry. I was able to manage on just 3-4 packs of food.

Why a non-integer # of packets, you ask? I had a disastrous experiment with the cappucino, using the hot water tap of a coffee machine. How does capp-flavored water with cooked protein bit floaters sound? mmm, yummy. I couldn't finish it and there was a hunk of unmixed powder at the bottom of the cup. More yummy goodness. New rule: follow the instructions!

Based on everyone's experience and wisdom on this pgm, I've decided to keep something in mind when tempted by an off-program food. You've said that it can take 3-4 days to get back into ketosis; I'd use 9 - 16 packets in that time. That's $36 - $64, and with 13% taxes where I live, that's $40.68 to $72.32. I'll be asking myself, "Is that [food item] worth between $40 and $72? Really? I mean, REALLY?" I'm tight-fisted about a lot of things (e.g. don't have cable or even a TV, drive a 99-model year car), so this could work for me.
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:34 AM   #269  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen, It has been said that the one and only Melissa Kelsey has finally reached 40 lbs lost! Yes, you heard it here; she stepped on the scale and read 181.6, stepped off the scale, wiped her sleepy eyes, and stepped back on the scale where the little digital numbers once again stopped at 181.6. Never has she been more elated since starting IP then now. Here's why: slow loss has started to creep away, and medium loss is taking over, 40 lbs lost means she's only 2.5 away from 1/2 way to goal, 181.6 means she's alost in the 170s - which she hasn't seen in over 4 years, and because, well 40 is just a HUGE freakin' amount of poundage to lose in less than 4 months.

For those of you that have followed her success story, she hasn't loved Dr. "F" Face (her IP coach) for a while now, and so, she quit going to see him a couple weeks ago. He sent her text message yesterday inquiring about her where abouts on Friday morning - or at least missing her in his office, and she told him, she needed a break, so she wouldn't be making an appointment. The truth is she needs a break from him and the ravaging of her $$$, but NOT from IP. She loves IP. She loves her friends at 3FC!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Thanks people for the support of this board. It's safe to say that none of us would be where we are today without EACH OTHER, the board is not what pulls us through, it's simply the medium for which we HUMANS can communicate or feelings, thoughts, opinions, successes, failures, frustrations, enthusiasms and whatever else we have going on. So hugs and kisses from Florida! I love you all. I call you my friends, and I mean it.
You are doing so amazing!!

It is funny my coach sent me a message late last night saying "I assume you are off plan, you haven't contacted me" (uh, she didn't reach out either besides a txt at 11:30pm on Tuesday) and I said "no, but I'm unhappy with my progress so I'm going to do an alternative plan". The end. If she can't help me see bigger (or any) numbers on the scale then I'm doing it myself with the support of the board.

Speaking of, I'm still not in ketosis and my weight is steady. Better than going up but maybe tomorrow I will see some change. I notice my weight changes about 1x a week or sometimes every 5 days so at least keeping steady while not what I want is better than to see a creep up.

I'm also canceling my hike for today since I'm not in ketosis and I really don't want to stress my body out that much. I need to relax and let my body do its thing.

I figured out my problem is between 4-8pm when I ravage for everything. It is horrible. Last night after dinner at 5 (to avoid the major snacking) I was still hungry and still wanted more more more. I've always ate the majority of my calories in those hours, so this is really really hard. I almost want to throw in my nightly shake then because it tends to fill in the gap, and I hate eating before bed. It gives me weird dreams and unrestful nights. Blah. My husband even commented he doesn't like to talk to me during those hours because I'm angry and frustrated. That's sad
xanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:50 AM   #270  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Kelsey 40 lbs way to go!!!! IP ROCKS
Journeysend is offline   Reply With Quote