Old 02-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 246/175.5/165

Height: 5'8"

What a great post topic. I wish I'd been told about this board sooner. I had a terrible time in the beginning, and it would have been nice to have a sounding board. I go to a clinic where they shut the door and do it all in private, and there's no one to share your success with. Luckily, I did have a friend who went with me and I could talk to her, but I needed a group too. I don't know why, given the number of people at the clinic who do it, they don't have some kind of support group like Weight Watchers does. I have been thinking of starting one on Craigslist or something, but not sure if I have to get permission. In this day and age of everyone being so politically correct and not even asking "have you been on a diet?" it can be hard to get encouragement when no one seems to notice.

The other one is hair loss. I didn't learn about that one either until I found this board. THAT was horrible for me. My hair has always been my thing (and something I always had when I felt awful for being overweight). I started the diet because my husband have a big trip to Europe planned for our vow renewal, and I'm going with half my hair. I realize I should be happy I'm going as a shadow of my former self, but I can't get over the hair loss. My friend had to photoshop hair into a photo of me taken at Christmas time. Ugh. I wasn't told of any side effects - only the constipation, but "they have a pill for that."

I am restarting the diet on Monday after a one-month hiatus. I plateaued 10 pounds shy of my goal, for an entire month. Couldn't even lose half a pound. I didn't veer off track or anything - so I don't know what happened - but I couldn't justify the cost of the food anymore if it wasn't working. So I get to go back to phase 1 and see what happens. I'm also going to the gym.

And ditto the comment about gagging on salad - isn't that the truth! I never want to eat another salad again. Or drink another gallon of water. I HATE water now. And it used to be my favorite! Thank goodness for Mio :-)
RedheadedGardenLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:06 PM   #167  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedheadedGardenLady View Post
What a great post topic. I wish I'd been told about this board sooner. I had a terrible time in the beginning, and it would have been nice to have a sounding board. I go to a clinic where they shut the door and do it all in private, and there's no one to share your success with. Luckily, I did have a friend who went with me and I could talk to her, but I needed a group too. I don't know why, given the number of people at the clinic who do it, they don't have some kind of support group like Weight Watchers does. I have been thinking of starting one on Craigslist or something, but not sure if I have to get permission. In this day and age of everyone being so politically correct and not even asking "have you been on a diet?" it can be hard to get encouragement when no one seems to notice.

The other one is hair loss. I didn't learn about that one either until I found this board. THAT was horrible for me. My hair has always been my thing (and something I always had when I felt awful for being overweight). I started the diet because my husband have a big trip to Europe planned for our vow renewal, and I'm going with half my hair. I realize I should be happy I'm going as a shadow of my former self, but I can't get over the hair loss. My friend had to photoshop hair into a photo of me taken at Christmas time. Ugh. I wasn't told of any side effects - only the constipation, but "they have a pill for that."

I am restarting the diet on Monday after a one-month hiatus. I plateaued 10 pounds shy of my goal, for an entire month. Couldn't even lose half a pound. I didn't veer off track or anything - so I don't know what happened - but I couldn't justify the cost of the food anymore if it wasn't working. So I get to go back to phase 1 and see what happens. I'm also going to the gym.

And ditto the comment about gagging on salad - isn't that the truth! I never want to eat another salad again. Or drink another gallon of water. I HATE water now. And it used to be my favorite! Thank goodness for Mio :-)
If I might make a suggestion, if you stall out again, try going to Phase 2 by eating protein for lunch instead of a packet. You may need more protein being closer to your goal. When my mom did that she loss 2lbs so its something to think about.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #168  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Thank you I don't understand some of the coaches rationalization with of what they tell some of y'all...drives me crazy. They should be happy for whatever losses you have both on the scale and in inches. You should never EVER have to defend anything you are doing IF you are 100% which I know you have been. Its about understanding the program and learning from it...When you feel like the coach, just say to yourself....SHE doesn't matter...I know I have done well and that is all that counts!...always be excited about your success however big or small it is
Thank, Wuv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedheadedGardenLady View Post

Welcome, RedheadedGardenLady. Many seem to plateau. There are tips and advice allover this board. And yayy for Mio.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #169  

Bumping this for the newbies. I found a lot of great information in this thead!
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #170  
Started IPD Dec 1, 2011

S/C/G: 188/182/140

Height: 5' 1 1/2"

Wish someone would have told me that egg whites are good free foods or supplements! And, that some of us need more protein and that just eating exactly what is on program may call a stall since it isnt enough! By increasing just a bit, the weight starts moving off!
Tmg1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:12 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

Vow!!
I cannot imagine me doing this diet at all. It is too difficult. I envy your determination. But, pl once you achieve your goal do not even go back to this stage.
Wish you all success.
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

What I'm about to describe I figured out on my own BUT it would be really nice if coaches would discuss this with their clients as it may help them get rid of those last 10 lbs or so...here goes. I was at my last 15 pounds and was worried it would come off slowly so I decided to swap some of my IP foods (chocolate drinks for cap drinks and chocolate bars for chocolate drinks) to decrease my carb and calorie intake. Well it worked one week I lost 2.4 lbs and the next 4 lbs. The following week I went back to the bars but instead of drinking 14 chocolate drinks I swapped 7 of them for the cap drink (still decreasing my carb instake and calories). I also minimized the amount of condiments I used and it worked. My weight is dropping pretty quickly and I only have 8 to go. When I told my coach my strategy she said it was a good one...I thought why don't you tell your clients to do this to help them towards the end of their journey...

Good luck to you all. This diet really does work really well. Stay 100% OP and the results are sure to surprise you!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 167/149/130

sorry but what is "cap drinks "?
idalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #174  

I totally agree with you! Even though we are allowed up to a certain "amount" of carbs, I find that keeping it lower is totally speeding up the whole process! That way when I do have a higher carb item once in a while it feels even more of a "cheat"
Great advice, thanks for posting!

Last edited by 2leftfeet; 03-15-2012 at 04:09 PM.
2leftfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #175  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
What I'm about to describe I figured out on my own BUT it would be really nice if coaches would discuss this with their clients as it may help them get rid of those last 10 lbs or so...here goes. I was at my last 15 pounds and was worried it would come off slowly so I decided to swap some of my IP foods (chocolate drinks for cap drinks and chocolate bars for chocolate drinks) to decrease my carb and calorie intake. Well it worked one week I lost 2.4 lbs and the next 4 lbs. The following week I went back to the bars but instead of drinking 14 chocolate drinks I swapped 7 of them for the cap drink (still decreasing my carb instake and calories). I also minimized the amount of condiments I used and it worked. My weight is dropping pretty quickly and I only have 8 to go. When I told my coach my strategy she said it was a good one...I thought why don't you tell your clients to do this to help them towards the end of their journey...

Good luck to you all. This diet really does work really well. Stay 100% OP and the results are sure to surprise you!!!

Maybe I will try that because my weight has been stuck at the same weight going on 3 weeks now and I'm getting discouraged.
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 167/149/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by thnknthin1 View Post
Maybe I will try that because my weight has been stuck at the same weight going on 3 weeks now and I'm getting discouraged.
Just like yu Newenglander's idea sounded very good to me , but please what is cap drinks , is it from IP?
idalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #177  
There I am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idalana View Post
Just like yu Newenglander's idea sounded very good to me , but please what is cap drinks , is it from IP?
I was wondering myself what cap drinks are....maybe cappuccino drinks or drinks that have caps on them such as the mango drink??
Old 03-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #178  

Quote:
Originally Posted by idalana View Post
sorry but what is "cap drinks "?
Sorry...it's the cappuccino drink. My weekly order was always 7 double chocolate bars and 14 chocolate drinks. When I had 15 pounds to go I ordered 4 bars, 10 chocolate drinks, and 7 cappuccino drinks. This week I ordered 7 bars, 7 chocolate drinks and 7 cappuccino drinks. I MISSED my bars and want one every morning, and I love my chocolate drink but the cap has much less carbs and it should help... hope this made sense!
Old 03-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #179  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2leftfeet View Post
I totally agree with you! Even though we are allowed up to a certain "amount" of carbs, I find that keeping it lower is totally speeding up the whole process! That way when I do have a higher carb item once in a while it feels even more of a "cheat"
Great advice, thanks for posting!
Glad I could help! It worked for me and hopefully it will work for others. Since I didn't have my bars for most of last week when I picked them up today at my WI I quickly had one on my way home (as it was my lunch time) and it was so awesome!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 05:48 PM   #180  
There I am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post

Did you have any problems with water retention? I am averaging 7-8 lbs in wt gain each night in water. My wt has been the same besides going up and down a few pounds the past 3 weeks minus the water. I have a dr appt tomorrow because this much water retention is not normal. I wonder if it's hormones.