Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 02:10 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 211/166/140 started: 5/25

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Rocky...Welcome back! What a pain all those meals must have been. Thank goodness you had the ol' emergency stuff, well done! I know what you mean about lowering goal weight. I originally thought that 150 would be awesome, if not unachievable. I lowered it a few weeks ago, and now I am (just barely) in the 140's. I still waver about where I want to be, but I am super happy to finally be inside, although on the high end of a healthy BMI. Take that Wii Fit!!!

Dietfrenzy...wow 5lbs yahoooooo!!! Don't stress about the extra bits. At least you cheated with the right foods. All good, go with your plan for tomorrow and you will be just fine!!! Again 5lbs so good.

Thanks for the encouragement! I needed it to not feel so guilty before going to bed.

Also, what do you think about the Wii fit for exercise, heard some great things about it, but never tried it. i barely have a TV (I have an old one that doesn't even have hooks ups for a DVD player), so not sure about the investment (both TV and the Wii). I guess I should focus my limited funds on the IP program first and then celebrate with a big and fun purchase!
Old 06-30-2010, 02:21 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

DietF... I just hate the little guy that groans everytime I step on it. For me it was fun at first as a novelty, but that has since worn off. Some of the games are great for muscles in your body that we don't always use. The little stablizer ones. Let me tell you, I could sure feel that hula hoop one the next day. I know other people that are still loving theirs. I think I am just to lazy to pull it out at times, plus I have little ones, who want to play, so it is hard to put any real time on it. You could always try renting/borrowing one to test it out. At least that way you will have a feel of what it is really like If you like it, then I am sure you could get a used one on the craigslist/kijiji sites, as there are probably a few floating out there that folks have given up on

Last edited by Calgarygirlie; 06-30-2010 at 02:22 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:46 AM   #138  
Ratfancy

S/C/G: 155/155/145

Height: 5'2"

Default a good weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
Carla,

On iPhone so hard to do a quote but wanted to say I agree with what you are saying. I thought pics of say 120 at 5'2" were too thin. I really need a new pic of myself to see. My self image has not changed at all. I doubt I look like the 130 pound pics.
I'm 5'2" and I always say I was born weighing 120! I don't ever remember being able to stay below 120, even when I was young and incredibly active and watching my diet. You are doing so well!! I can't wait to get a few more pounds off! I feel great now, but for me at about 140 I will be really a healthy weight for me. You are an inspiration!

Old 06-30-2010, 08:02 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratfancy View Post
Just read the Consumer Reports review of safety of whey proteins - trying to digest what it means. I use some EAS drinks - mostly I am thinking about cadmium since I also eat a lot of spinach and shellfish, which are naturally high in cadmium, so I have a dietary source plus potential whey protein source. I wrote to Ideal Protein just to ask their levels - some are to be expected - just don't want to get too much.
Thanks, ratfancy, for providing the article. Here's the main gist of it:

"What The Tests Found

Consumer Reports purchased 15 protein powders and drinks mainly in the New York metro
area or online and tested multiple samples of each for arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury.
The levels discussed here are based on three servings per day, an amount that experts say is
common. The results showed a considerable range, but levels in three products were of
particular concern:

Three daily servings of the ready-to-drink liquid EAS Myoplex Original Rich Dark
Chocolate Shake provide an average of 16.9 micrograms (μg) of arsenic, exceeding the
proposed USP limit of 15 μg per day and an average of 5.1 μg of cadmium, which is just
above the USP limit of 5 μg per day.

The samples of Muscle Milk Chocolate powder contained all four heavy metals, and
levels of three metals in the product were among the highest of all products tested by
Consumer Reports. Average cadmium levels of 5.6 μg in three daily servings exceeded
the USP limit of 5 μg per day, and the average lead level of 13.5 μg also topped the
USP limit of 10 μg per day. The average arsenic level of 12.2 μg was approaching the
USP limit of 15 μg per day.

Muscle Milk Vanilla Crème contained 12.2 μg of lead in three daily servings, exceeding
the lead limits, and 11.2 μg of arsenic.
The Consumer Reports investigation notes that cadmium raises special concern because it
accumulates in and can damage the kidneys, the same organs that can be damaged by
excessive protein consumption. And it can take 20 years for the body to eliminate even half the
cadmium absorbed today."

So, ladies, if you are consuming any of these protein drinks, be especially wary.

Last edited by BevS; 06-30-2010 at 08:37 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:37 AM   #140  

Hey there! nice to see you! I have been wondering if you have been busy with summer business! Yes, some have moved on. Some are on one of the new threads, life after phase 1. Drop in and you will see novak, lolita, jordanna, bevs, I think CW, and a few more!

Carla - could you post this link - I can't find it under my search.

Thanks !

Edit : Thanks Bev - see below !!

Last edited by Emma Jayne; 06-30-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:43 AM   #141  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Jayne View Post
Hey there! nice to see you! I have been wondering if you have been busy with summer business! Yes, some have moved on. Some are on one of the new threads, life after phase 1. Drop in and you will see novak, lolita, jordanna, bevs, I think CW, and a few more!

Carla - could you post this link - I can't find it under my search.

Thanks !
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
Old 06-30-2010, 09:17 AM   #142  
Started IP 3/11/2010

S/C/G: 180/130/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
RedMonkey I think your are doing great... almost 30 pounds in 4 months.. whoot whhoooo, go grab a 30 pound sack of pototoes next time your at the store carry it around, it will make you feel so much better once you put it down. Everyone is so different on how they lose, muscle does weigh more than fat so you can easily lose inches and have the weight stay the same, I weigh more now than before but am a smaller clothing size. I have also lost slower than most but I am still losing (better than going up), so I am on the right track just not the fastest car, slow and steady wins the race!!!! Keep going you will get there!
Thanks! It helps to know there are other "slow losers" out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Red Monkey, I'm with you. I've been on 14 weeks, not quite 1/2 way there, and I've decided enough of the excuses... I swear I've heard the same things, eat more veggies, eat more salad, exercise won't help etc... I do love IP, and I will continue to do it "alternative" style. I figured out today that I've spent almost $1,700. I wouldn't take the weight back for the money, but moving forward I will do it without the critic.
I think I'm with you there. I committed to the cost for the time they said it would take. Now that the time is double I just can't swing it and not beraid myself with guilt the whole time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle12 View Post
Red Monkey & Kelsey ----You guys have done so well in 14 weeks and 16 weeks!!!!

Your success is truly an inspiration ----- I know you both will reach your goal
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
RedMonkey- Try to stay motivated. I had a week with no weight loss but I had lost fat and gained muscle. We use the scale as our motivator and sometimes we should just ignore the dumb scale... it isn't as smart as we give it credit for...you are doing great.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I know how it is to have a large amount to go, lose much of it up front and stall out during that 12 -16 week window. "been there, done that!" Keep going. Shake it up with new veggies, new recipes, different IP foods, add restricted is you can have them. Increase your fats/omegas for a little while. YOU WILL see the scale move again. I think the body needs time to catch up to what it just accomplished.

I think that is also the answer to the "inches lost" question. I did the same thing. I lost A LOT of weight at the start and good inches. Then, I lost almost nothing for WEEKS but a TON of inches. I am glad I lost the inches now that I think about it. Like I said, your body needs time to catch up, if it hadn't, I would have over 5" of saggy skin on my biceps... I DON'T so something was happening with my skin tightening up as my body caught up to the "abuse"

Each of us is different. Some lose fast, steady and cruise through. Others have frequent stalls or plateaus. And still others, like me, lose a lot fast, slow or stall, lose inches, and then pick up.

During my first 10 weeks I lost 40 pounds and 39".
During the next 10 weeks I lost only 16.5 pounds but 23".
I had weeks I lost only .3 pounds but 3.75"...
During the past 10 weeks I have lost 17 pounds and 17"

It isn't great, an average of 2.45 pounds per week, but 2.63" per week too. AND, I don't have that saggy loose skin look!

I still have 20 - 30 pounds left to go and, at just over a pound a week average these days, it seems like forever! It might be but, if I can lose it, keep it off and feel I accomplished something that was impossible before this... well, it is worth the struggle.

As far as your coach's advise, it is 2 cups of veggies and salad a day. The exercise, if slow and steady, doesn't seem to be an issue for most people.

I can't tell you what to do but, if you like the concept and really can't keep IP in your budget anymore, don't give up. Try it with the alternate products, some have had great success exercising and using the new lifestyle shakes. Maybe I shouldn't be saying that; I think IP is amazing! But, if you are in a position you might have to quit buying IP because of cost, I hope you don't give up on a protocol that works for you and can be done through alternate means.
Thank you for the encouragement! I think I'm going to switch to alternate products. That seems like the best compromise.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:19 AM   #143  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Kelsey...my clinic had done the same thing with the IP rtd shakes. She must have run out, so she was giving Dr. Bernstein individual ones in her mixed packages. Now she is mad because we don't buy the IP ones. I figure if she can use them for her clients (charging IP prices) so can I for $12/6pack. So are you off IP or just moving to alternative sources to cut back costs?
NO way am I leaving the "protocol" of IP... I will continue just as I have for the past 14 weeks, only now I am using what IP packets I have mixed in with my Lindora stuff, when I get low on Lindora, or they have a great sale, I will place a huge order, so that I may continue. I have done the math and it's just crazy for me to continue to pay the IP prices just that I can have the grumpy face coach!

The drink on the left is Dr.Bernstein, the drink on the left is out of my fridge, it is from Lindora. I wish I was at home, so you could see that the mocha lindora is EXACTLY the same. I cut the top of in my picture, but is exactly the same color, wording etc. You can still from this picture that they are the same. Dr. Bernstein is cheaper though! However, if Lindora has 30% off or free shipping, they might be a little cheaper.

Last edited by Kelsey; 06-30-2010 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:05 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

I did it ! Im at 150 lbs ! WOW ! I did not think I could ever go from 248lbs to a50 lbs . And I did it in 6 months . This diet works ! My husband comes home in three months and I am so excited . Ive gone from a size 22 to a size 8 ! Don't give up ladies you can do this !
Old 06-30-2010, 10:27 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Well, just got back from my first weigh in.....and......

I lost 6lbs!

2 inches from my waist!

1 inch from my arms!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Best first week on a diet EVER!
Old 06-30-2010, 10:30 AM   #146  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
I did it ! Im at 150 lbs ! WOW ! I did not think I could ever go from 248lbs to a50 lbs . And I did it in 6 months . This diet works ! My husband comes home in three months and I am so excited . Ive gone from a size 22 to a size 8 ! Don't give up ladies you can do this !
WOW WOW WOW!!! Amazing results CW!!
Old 06-30-2010, 10:37 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Quote:
CW: You must be so proud of your accomplishment, WAY TO GO GIRL!!!. Sooooo proud of you here are some happy dances for you :woo :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
Well, just got back from my first weigh in.....and......

I lost 6lbs!

2 inches from my waist!

1 inch from my arms!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Best first week on a diet EVER!
SOON 2 B MRST: What a great 1st WI...way to go!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 10:55 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
I've never used Lindora, but, I've used EAS shakes exclusively since I started and I've lost 14 lbs in 3 1/2 weeks, so I'm happy with that. I prefer the chocolate over the vanilla, but I do use the vanilla to make a cappuccino type drink for my evening protein. The strawberry is awesome, tastes just like Nesquik strawberry - do they even still make that? Maybe I'm showing my age!
Thanks so much for the reply - you are doing great with your weight loss. I like the Nesquik strawberry so I will definately pick me up some pink shakes

Soon 2 B Mrs t- on your 1st weigh in!!!

showgirlaz-wonderful post regarding losing on this plan, I love reading all of your information every day!

chaplains wifey-looks like your goal is similiar to mine - 6 months is a great achievment -----
Old 06-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #149  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

CW WHOO HOOO!!! way to go.
Congrats Soon 2 B.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #150  

Quote:
Wow! You have done great, CW! I love your picture under your profile where you are hiking in the woods. You look so healthy, and no loose skin! Anyone who says you don't look healthy has their own issues.
Closed Thread