3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Ideal Protein Chat week of June 28-July4

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 09:21 PM   #106

S/C/G: 135/131/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
test said negative, yay!

hubby was sad but hey i'm the one who's lost a bunch of weight and would have to carry a child for 9 months, i'm thrilled to only see one line for once
too funny you have plenty of time for more little people!

btw, fyi: my place still have loads of the already made shakes. They are saving 12 for me. I figure I'll just stick with their products till end of phase 3 since it wont be much longer and then for phase 4 I can switch to other store bought products.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:36 PM   #107
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

I have completely interchanged Lindora and Ideal Protein for at least the last two months. When I see the IP doc, I buy a week of IP. When I am traveling or can't get back in a week, I use Lindora. I only drink the vanilla box drinks and I really can't taste any difference between the two. My IP doc said that IP was being reformulated and wouldn't be available for awhile.
HockeyMom-I've been in Maine. Lots of lobster and basically on plan but there were those moments when I had to have a bite of something....Back 100% tomorrow, hopefully. I really haven't cheated the entire time except one day. Now we can make that 2 days+. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow morning.
Kelsey Great new pic.
WyoSun Welcome back. Bought size 10 jeans while I was away. I've been trying to wait to buy new things but I really needed jeans for my trip. Other things I have purchased recently got too big pretty quickly. So annoying to have so few clothes that actually fit.
RedMonkey- Try to stay motivated. I had a week with no weight loss but I had lost fat and gained muscle. We use the scale as our motivator and sometimes we should just ignore the dumb scale... it isn't as smart as we give it credit for...you are doing great.
TXrealtorI am so sorry for your sorrow with your Mom, your boss and your son. I was really close to my Mom and you never quite get over losing her. Be patient with yourself and allow your grief to move at its own pace. No one can tell you how to feel .... it's a very personal thing. And I hope your son improves soon so you don't have that added stress to deal with. As to the boss, he sounds pretty self-absorbed. You need to worry about you. He is leaving. His advice can be ignored. Yes him to death and do exactly what is best for YOU!

Last edited by HopefulTricia : 06-29-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:09 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
Doxigirl I love the cost per pound idea- I never kept track of what I have spent so far..... but girl your priceless!!!!!
Taylor first 4 days are rough forsure, I found the first 2 weeks not so great but after that fantastic!!!!
RedMonkey I think your are doing great... almost 30 pounds in 4 months.. whoot whhoooo, go grab a 30 pound sack of pototoes next time your at the store carry it around, it will make you feel so much better once you put it down. Everyone is so different on how they lose, muscle does weigh more than fat so you can easily lose inches and have the weight stay the same, I weigh more now than before but am a smaller clothing size. I have also lost slower than most but I am still losing (better than going up), so I am on the right track just not the fastest car, slow and steady wins the race!!!! Keep going you will get there!
WannabeIP, I am so encouraged to read that you lost slower than most. When did you start the program? I need to be pleased with any weight loss, no matter how small. But I do get discouraged when I notice how much more slowly I am losing. Congratulations on your commitment. It has obviously paid off.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:27 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelliott View Post
WannabeIP, I am so encouraged to read that you lost slower than most. When did you start the program? I need to be pleased with any weight loss, no matter how small. But I do get discouraged when I notice how much more slowly I am losing. Congratulations on your commitment. It has obviously paid off.
Hi, mine has been very slow too. Beginning I thought I would be done in 8 weeks max but I am ending my week 10 currently...I think. I started april 19th. I have even had weeks of no loss during this time. ONLY for the past 2 weeks I have done rather well and I truly believe its because I started a med-high level of exercise routine.

but that has been my experience.

-----------------

brilliant link http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodie...htweight.shtml

I loved it. Its great to look at pics of others who are the same height and weight as you are. Always have thought of myself as fat no matter what but on others the same height and weight looks great. I am hoping the data is correct.

Last edited by pitakitten : 06-29-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:40 PM   #110

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
Hi, mine has been very slow too. Beginning I thought I would be done in 8 weeks max but I am ending my week 10 currently...I think. I started april 19th. I have even had weeks of no loss during this time. ONLY for the past 2 weeks I have done rather well and I truly believe its because I started a med-high level of exercise routine.

but that has been my experience.

-----------------

brilliant link http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodie...htweight.shtml

I loved it. Its great to look at pics of others who are the same height and weight as you are. Always have thought of myself as fat no matter what but on others the same height and weight looks great. I am hoping the data is correct.
so weird, just looked at the 5'8" women at 170 and they all seem bigger than me i hate being the one with the high # on the scale, it's discouraging, oh well, i'll focus on inches mainly i think,

so, the big phase 2 on saturday? so proud of you and happy for you too!!

Started IP: April 22 @ 193, got to 163 on July 31st

Started again Nov 1st at 175, going for 30 more

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
John Wayne
Old 06-29-2010, 10:55 PM   #111

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
so weird, just looked at the 5'8" women at 170 and they all seem bigger than me i hate being the one with the high # on the scale, it's discouraging, oh well, i'll focus on inches mainly i think,

so, the big phase 2 on saturday? so proud of you and happy for you too!!
Erin, when I was 170 at your height I was a solid 12 and L everywhere. It is amazing how different all our bodies are! I read about your size 6s and Smalls and was scratching my head wondering how mutant my body is! Heheh! Right now at 153 I'm pretty close to a solid 10 and a Medium.

W1: -4.3, W2: -1.8, W3: -1.3, W4: -2.4, W5: +0.1, W6: -1.5, W7: -0.9, W8: +2, W9: -3.6, W10: -1.9, W11: -1.3, W12: -2.2, W13: -0, W14: -0.5
Old 06-29-2010, 11:19 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
Erin, when I was 170 at your height I was a solid 12 and L everywhere. It is amazing how different all our bodies are! I read about your size 6s and Smalls and was scratching my head wondering how mutant my body is! Heheh! Right now at 153 I'm pretty close to a solid 10 and a Medium.
Xanthia, I'm with you on the mutant end of things - at 5'9" and 168, I'm wearing a size 12 pant and medium or large shirt (depending on the cut). Erin, have you had your body fat percentage measured? (and, very cute story about your husband's reaction to the pee stick)
Old 06-29-2010, 11:37 PM   #113

S/C/G: 190/157/130

Height: 5'5''

Thanks Pita for this website, and I'm really excited for you to move to Phase 2 !! YAYY

I'm looking at everbody at the same ght/wght and I'm wondering if 130 is too heavy.. Maybe 120 ? We'll see.. I've never weighted less than 150 so I dunno..

Oh and banana pudding is horrible, disgusssssssssssting!!!

Started IP April 7.
Off IP July 23 to August 21

The simple act of believing in you can open the doors leading to infinite possibilities. No one can be you more than you, and you can design a whole new universe if you tell yourself you're worth it. To wish you were someone else just wastes the person you are. So tonight, before you go to sleep, just say "I believe in me", and maybe tomorrow will be made of something new; confidence.

I believe in ME.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:51 PM   #114

S/C/G: 260/243/165 Started IP 6/21/10

Height: 5'9

I just made the Chicken Fried Rice from the IP recipe thread.... YUMMY!

I even made my husband try it first to tell me how it tasted and he even liked it. Great stuff.... These recipes will really help when I start getting bored w/ meals... thanks everyone!

I want to keep my costs down whenever possible but i'm hesitant to order a large quantity of drinks w/out knowing how they taste. Has anyone tried the puddings on newstylediet.com?

I've had the EAS drinks before and the Strawberry are good. I have some protein shakes left over from a weight loss clinic i went to a few months ago when I did HCG and they are very compatible w/ IP..

Congrats on everyone's successes!

Stay strong!
Old 06-29-2010, 11:54 PM   #115

so interesting that you Lady and Erin have such different reactions to the pictures. I actually thought 130 5'2" people looked fine and I think I look way heavier than them. I just have this image of myself that I am just BIG. For example if you look at the pic at 5'2" and 190; I think that is the way I look but I obviously don't.

Erin, I believe about 20 pounds of your weight is in your sweater meats sorry to use that term. Am saying you look hot.

Lady!! stop it! honestly at 5'5" you think 130 is too much??

thanks for the phase II encouragements, I have a feeling I should be lower BUT I am ready to move on. I really want to harden up and right now doing phase I, I don't have enough nourishment to give in to the hard body goal. My plan is for a maybe a little chubby but hard arse bod! woot! Also, my cup D bras are beginning to be loose around the cups and well I like them the way they are.

Last edited by pitakitten : 06-29-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:06 AM   #116

I heart the 120 pound, 6' dude

Old 06-30-2010, 12:12 AM   #117

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
Physically I'm feeling much better today
Emotionally not so much. My dad called this morning to tell me my little brother was admitted to the hospital late last night. He has meningitis. The worst part is they were on vacation, and he's in the hospital in Missouri, so it's about a 7 hour trip. I'm about to go anyway. I'm hoping my diet can hold tight through this He's only 16, so please keep him in your prayers.
Taylor, you are definitely in my thoughts, as is your family. Safe travels. Where in MO are they at? I am near Joplin, Springfield area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
WOW, I haven't been on in a while. I hardly know the people posting here. That's great that we have so many newbies. Maybe the "oldies" have lost their weight and moved on. That would be wonderful. I have been so busy I just can't find the time to be at the computer. Too nice outside, too. Anyway, I finally made it to the 150's.!!! That is according to my scale. I weigh in officially tomorrow, so we'll see where I'm at on their scale. At 150 I will go to phase II. I can't believe I'm so close. It seemed impossible in Feb. To all you newbies....keep up the good work, it is worth it. There are really hard days and then there are easy ones. Just get through the parties, weddings, etc. and you will be so proud. Keep remembering that eating that cookie will set you back and it really doesn't taste that good anyway. I cheated a few times along the way and I can tell you it just wasn't worth it. The item didn't taste as good as I would have felt losing a couple more pounds for the week. Congrats to everyone.
Good to see you stopping by, or back, whichever the case is!

Quote:
planted the seed for my new avatar pic 3 years ago, look at it now!!!

thank you wannabeIP! if I were neurotic, I would say that my goal weight is 10 pounds over where I should be but I am not going to be neurotic.
The plant is beautiful.

Quote:
no idea what it is, what do you think? my dad had given me a package of seeds he had and I remember putting them in that pot 3 years ago (apparently only one took). I am not very good with plant names at all

re constipation: I really suggest this tea called Slim natural tea, one cup at night and by morning you are fine. ONLY once a week though.

alright all: I had my 5th training session today, he weighed me and I was 131.5 with gym clothes, that is 2.5 pounds since thursday when I saw him last. we talked for a while after and he says that he thinks I am lean enough but not strong. He thought if I at least have a normal lunch (say phase II IP) then I will be able to train harder. I have to say I was a woos today as I had not had my vegetables during the day and just a salad with lettuce and cucumbers. Bottom line: I have made my decision, moving to phase II as of this Saturday! there is no time better than now, I don't need to weigh less but need to build a stronger core.

off to carry my butt to shower and get some water.

Cheers ya all.

BEVS and all: thanks for all the suggestion re alternate products; does the newlifestyle ones taste good too? how about the ones that costco sells? I heard they are pretty cheap.
Quote:
so interesting that you Lady and Erin have such different reactions to the pictures. I actually thought 130 5'2" people looked fine and I think I look way heavier than them. I just have this image of myself that I am just BIG. For example if you look at the pic at 5'2" and 190; I think that is the way I look but I obviously don't.

Erin, I believe about 20 pounds of your weight is in your sweater meats sorry to use that term. Am saying you look hot.

Lady!! stop it! honestly at 5'5" you think 130 is too much??

thanks for the phase II encouragements, I have a feeling I should be lower BUT I am ready to move on. I really want to harden up and right now doing phase I, I don't have enough nourishment to give in to the hard body goal. My plan is for a maybe a little chubby but hard arse bod! woot! Also, my cup D bras are beginning to be loose around the cups and well I like them the way they are.
I can't wait to hear how this works for you. I bet in no time you will be feeling better about yourself. I am always so proud of myself after a hard workout. Sometimes when I am struggling, I say to myself, "girl, if you can do 96 squats at once, you can do anyting!" LOL!! Oh, that site you pm'd me did work. There was no one in my height weight, I'm sure not putting my pic up there...It's one thing to show myself here with my chick friends...

Cheers for each five!!

Old 06-30-2010, 12:18 AM   #118
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHERYL5 View Post
Are there beans other than the ones listed we can have? What do I look for on the labels etc? Thanks!
I buy the canned black soy beans and use them like black beans: toss them with cilantro, fresh lime juice, lots of hot peppers and some red onion and its a salsa dinner salad (put it over lettuce if you like). I'm working on a "refried" recipe but no luck so far...but put them in soups and anywhere else you would otherwise use beans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookee View Post
Xanthia, I'm with you on the mutant end of things - at 5'9" and 168, I'm wearing a size 12 pant and medium or large shirt (depending on the cut).
This continues to amaze me. At 5-3 I'm at 149 and I may be able to squeeze into a 12 pants, but it won't be pretty. And forget anything smaller than a 14 top--not happening! talk about mutant, I am beginning to think I must look like a golf ball on stick legs!

Last week I was working out of town. I called ahead to find out from where they were catering lunch so I could make other arrangements...They told me the first day was going to be a deli tray with fresh meats and veggies for sandwiches, so I thought, "ok, I'll take some lettuce and add a few things to make a salad". By the time I got out of my meeting all the meat was gone and all that was left was bread and cheese....ok, not so good. Day 2 they brought in pizza (after telling me we would be allowed to "order' lunch) and day 3, I ordered a greek salad, only to find (when I got to the room to pick it up) someone else had taken it. Of course, everyone kept offering me their pita bread, tabouli and other things I could not eat (and I LOVE Greek food). Fortunately I have learned to always carry back up food in my bag, but boy, was this a bad week.

Really glad to be into the 140's as of today, but beginning to think I will want to lower my original goal. I don't think 9 pounds is going to put me where I want to be. On the one hand that is daunting--I was pretty focused on "getting to 140" and feeling successful. On the other, this whole process has been so (relatively) painless that it seems stupid to worry about staying on it for an additional few weeks to get to where I want.

Anyway, glad to be home and able to "chat" with y'all!

"...the way I figure it, Heaven and **** are right here on Earth. Heaven is living in your hopes and **** is living in your fears. It's up to each individual which one he chooses."
Old 06-30-2010, 12:19 AM   #119

Height: 5'8"

ellie
Bahahahaha!! Sweater meats! Awesome, I think it's also stored in my upper arms and my huge head

pooks, hope you don't mind me calling you that, I just love it
do i just go to a gym to get it tested with the pinching arm thing? on the scale at my clinic it supposedly tests for body fat and says i'm at 29%.

hmm, doubt the pinchy arm thing would be nice to me since all my extra fat is indeed on my arms. darn it.

Xanthia and Pookee
, I'm starting to think I'm the mutant or I just have a scale that has some personal vendetta against me

Started IP: April 22 @ 193, got to 163 on July 31st

Started again Nov 1st at 175, going for 30 more

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
John Wayne
Old 06-30-2010, 12:20 AM   #120

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Quote:
I heart the 120 pound, 6' dude
OMG...LMAO!!!!! hahahahaha

ERIN...you look better than the lady at 160...way better!!

Cheers for each five!!

Last edited by motiv8edmama : 06-30-2010 at 12:23 AM.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.