Ideal Protein Chat week of June 28-July4

You're on Page 6 of 30
Go to
  • Quote: pita,
    I have found that to be true as well. Some of my best weeks were when my TOM was all screwed up.
    YAYS to wacky TOMs; though very inconvinient!

WannabeIP: how tall are you again?
  • Hey everyone - gosh is it just me or does life get busy when nice weather hits? I barely have time to get on the computer never mind catch up on all the posts!! Is there an iPhone app yet ... lol

Congrats to everyone on the NSV's and weight losses, it's so awesome to see that this program really really really does work!!

Special send out to TX - I'm so sorry for your loss and for all the stress in your life right now, it can't be easy dealing with all of that at once. You're in my thoughts!

Phase 3 is going really well so far, no gains no losses - I guess that's a good thing right!! It's hard not to want to lose when I step on the scale and I'm itching to get back on program in August to start the final descent to my goal weight! I am really enjoying the break from program though I move to phase 4 and can't wait for cheat day...I've got a list of things I'm looking forward to having and have picked out one thing for each cheat day between now and going back on program!

Have a great week everyone!
  • Quote: Try the walden farm's peanut butter and mix it with this stuff called PB2. You can get it at health food stores or Hyvee carries it. It's basically powedered peanut butter with a lot of the fat taken out. Mix a TBS. of both and voila you have peanut butter! My 10-year old likes it better than Jif.
    I ordered some today and am sooo excited. For our canadian ladies- you can order it from www.thelowcarbgrocery.com.
  • Quote: Maybe not entirely though. I lost my mom three weeks ago. I miss her so much that it is unimaginable. Needless to say I have fallen into this rut. My boss told me I couldn't take off in the near future either since he is telling me in confidence that he is turning in his resignation next week. In his absence and until we have a replacement, I have to do his and my own job. No saying how long that would be but he said I could probabely not be able to take my vacation in late September because of that. How many of you works for a jerk who thinks he is God sent? First he lies to me saying he has not accepted the offer yet, making it look like they are desperate to get him but he hasn't confirmed. The day before I had heard that the new place he is going to has hired a director already, so after knowing he was going there, I knew he had actually accepted the offer at least several days ago. Now, why would you lie about a thing like that?

Then, he tells me he is only giving a two weeks notice but immediately adds he wouldn't do that if he were me since I am a manager! What the **** does that even mean? I was so tired of his games, I let that go unanswered as well. I should be actually glad he is leaving but I was planning on applying there as a regular staff, so I can do some personal business on the side since as a manager I never have time to do so. Now that he is going there, there is no way I will apply.

Last week, one of my sons contracted mono. It is the most devestating sickness a teenager can go through. He couldn't even breath. I force fed him some ice cream every day and after 4 days finally got some Medrol Dospak for him and it wasn't until he was on that that he could actually leave his bed and take a shower and his fever/shivering stopped.

I am probably heavier than three weeks ago but don't care. Sorry to bring sadness to every ones' celebration of their weight loss and victories.
    Take care.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences go out to you and your family. I do wish your son better soon too! It is hard when you are facing so many tough situations all at the same time but try and stay strong for yourself. I went through a terrible year last year having lost many family members and seeing my mother through breast cancer but all through it remembered that if I let myself go, I could be strong for nowone. It is easier said than done, I know but make sure to surround yourself with positive people and peaceful surroundings. Do this for yourself, and your health =)
  • Hey all - I've been travelling the past 4 days, and now back at work and dealing with the unbelievable mess/chaos/workload. I miss checking in here but life doesn't permit it right now. Chicago was amazing, my food choices not so much. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever be able to just be "normal", whatever normal is?! Hugs to all of you - congrats to those with celebrations, support to those who are struggling. Maybe I can check back this weekend and try to catch up with everyone. Until then, I better get back to work. Talk to you soon!
  • Quote: YAYS to wacky TOMs; though very inconvinient!

WannabeIP: how tall are you again?
    I am 5'4".5 on a good day, LOL
  • Jordanna - Glad you had time to stop by, I've missed your posts! Soooo jealous you are going into phase four, I know, I know, I'll get there eventually.
  • planted the seed for my new avatar pic 3 years ago, look at it now!!!

thank you wannabeIP! if I were neurotic, I would say that my goal weight is 10 pounds over where I should be but I am not going to be neurotic.
  • Quote: planted the seed for my new avatar pic 3 years ago, look at it now!!!

thank you wannabeIP! if I were neurotic, I would say that my goal weight is 10 pounds over where I should be but I am not going to be neurotic.
    Pita Your goal is just that YOURS, where you want to be and where you feel good, thats what matters.. doesnt matter what the BMI or anything else says, you know your body better than anyone, do what works for you!! K I will get off my soapbox now, hee hee. I just wanted to give myself a little wiggle room so to speak. That is a beautiful flower, I have brown thumbs I kill fake plants even...
  • I haven't been on here much lately, to crazy busy to keep up! I have a quick question and I apologize if it has been asked and answered.

Is anyone else having trouble getting the pre-mixed shakes? I pretty much LIVE on them twice a day (sometimes 3) and it's about the only thing I like but my coach has been trouble getting them in.

HELP
  • Quote: Pita Your goal is just that YOURS, where you want to be and where you feel good, thats what matters.. doesnt matter what the BMI or anything else says, you know your body better than anyone, do what works for you!! K I will get off my soapbox now, hee hee. I just wanted to give myself a little wiggle room so to speak. That is a beautiful flower, I have brown thumbs I kill fake plants even...
    wannabeIP
    I think you and I may be sisters. I kill fake plants as well
  • Sweetstinsa...Congrats on the great loss!!

Journey....194...look who is solidly in onederland now!!! You made me laugh about the suitcase, my husband was not impressed with the food load in mine on our trip, lol. I just told him that the bright side is that it would be so much lighter on the way back. I believe mine was 51lbs (rtd chocolate mmmm). He also shook his head as I walked around at the cocktail recption with my bag of celery. I was allllll kinds of classy

Sweetsheila...saw you great numbers too!!! Right on!

Wannabe...that was a huge loss! Especially at your weight, you are doing fantastic. Ah yes, brown thumbs, mine have been dubbed the "thumbs of death," it is a fair nomiker, I have even killed a cactus..poor thing.

Doxi...I like your cost per pound too. I find sometimes when I think about what I have spent on IP, I need to remember that before IP I was contemplating a week at Fitness Ridge in Utah. 1 week is 1700.00 without a roomie. I was hoping to get a kickstart and lose maybe 10lbs(and that's aggressive) that week....so now when I look at my costs it doesn't seem too bad

Taylormade... I am sure you are on the road by now, but know we are thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way.

TX...I wish there was more to say, but I am so sorry for your loss, it is an unimagineable one for me. I am thinking of you. With so much going on in your life, try and take just a moment for yourself to breathe. This too shall pass

Jordanna..good to hear from you! So glad to hear that Phase 3 is going well for you. Enjoy each moment of the break, your mind and body need and totally DESERVE IT!!!!

Mamaerin/Wannabe....geez guys, you have me running to the calendar now, lol. Good luck ladies!!

I am having a crazy cravings day. By that I mean I want to eat EVERYTHING!!! At least I know it is mental, rather than physical. Husband gets back home Thursday, hopefully there will be some food left in the house for him Send your
  • Quote: Pita Your goal is just that YOURS, where you want to be and where you feel good, thats what matters.. doesnt matter what the BMI or anything else says, you know your body better than anyone, do what works for you!! K I will get off my soapbox now, hee hee. I just wanted to give myself a little wiggle room so to speak. That is a beautiful flower, I have brown thumbs I kill fake plants even...
    plants survive when I don't "take care of them", such as the case with the seed planted 3 years ago (is in a pot by the garbage cans)...don't think I even water that thing and here is the surprise this year!

re cravings: OMG OMG OMG I would like the pastries in the coffee shop downstairs to burn in **** please!
  • hey all,
    I've been out of town for 10 days and trying furiously to catch up with all the news.. In the meantime, can someone remind me where to find the vanilla ready to go shakes that are the identical recipe to the IP ones? I meant to order some and now have lost the information. thanks!
  • Is anyone else in the US having trouble getting the premade shakes? Our coach said that their order is on backfill and it's already been 2 weeks without a new shipment. She thinks it could be a few more weeks. I'm going to buy the offbrand that has similar nutrition facts- but wanted to see if anyone else is having these problems.