Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #346  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
good news and bad news today:

WI #10= 167!!

bad news is that my coach thinks that i should not go any lower than 160 and that she "doesn't want me to get all anorexic" on her. hubby agrees that he doesn't think it's a good idea so i will most likely being going into phase 2 next friday

ellie, you are not alone anymore!
I actually agree with them fully. I had a good coverstation with coach"es" at my place today. One of them actually pulled me aside and said softly that I should stop. The other one is the one who thought last week I should shoot for 127. The one this week actually said the exact same thoughts that were in my head. She said most of the people who go to them are the ones who just want to be as thin as possible, they just want to be skinny and nothing else. She said #1 it takes forever to get there and #2 they are the ones that will fail at keeping it off because they are not where they should be. I know or am pretty sure that if I shoot for a dumb low number, I can probably get there BUT I will not stay there in the long run; so why not stay where I think is managable and just start getting stronger? I really have other things in my life that need my attention now, the fact that I have a little buldge on my tummy will NOT be my focus and it will be taken care of by crunches babay!!
o.k that was long winded and it ONLY applies to me.

AND YAYS to your weight loss! and YAYS to having a healthy portion of protein for lunch!

Last edited by pitakitten; 07-02-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:28 PM   #347  

S/C/G: 301.6 / ticker /185

Height: 5' 9"

Well WI 4 was not as stellar as the first 3 have been but I still lost. Also this WI was only 4 days, the one before was 10 days due to vacations and such. I have a tendency to lose more over the weekends so I hope to be back on track next week. But the stats for this week and month 1 are below.

Lost 1.4lbs, 0.25" from the chest, 1" from the stomach, 0.50" from the hips, and 0.25" from the thigh. Like I said not stellar but still a loss.

Month 1 totals:

-25.4 lbs
-2.25" chest
-4" stomach/waist area
-1.75" hip
-0.25" arm
-0.50" thigh
-1.6% fat
-3.9 BMI

I hope to continue like this.

Congrats to everyone on this weeks losses and NSV's!
Old 07-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #348  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
I am about to order some lindora items (only ready to drink shakes) and I just can't see any indication of how much sugar they have based on what they have posted online. I looked and they haven't posted that for the cheesecake either.

here is my question: do the shake boxes also have sugar and just not listed on line? can someone clarify this before I pull the trigger.

Thank you.
My favorite Lindora shakes are the strawberry and berry creme smoothies. Both of them have 7 grams of carbs each, including 5 grams of sugar. I look at the overall carbs. It all turns to sugar in our bodies.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #349  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
My favorite Lindora shakes are the strawberry and berry creme smoothies. Both of them have 7 grams of carbs each, including 5 grams of sugar. I look at the overall carbs. It all turns to sugar in our bodies.
I really wish they would post the sugar content (how much) on their website.

thank you much BevS. Today I purchased IP food for my 2 weeks of phase II, I didn't want to deviate especially since I will be away for one week of it. worried to gain I guess; the lindora stuff should come in just in time for me to start phase III so my worries of gaining (if I haven't gained) should be gone by then
Old 07-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #350  

S/C/G: 217/189/145

Height: 5'5

Hi All,

I'm so close to onederland I can't even believe it!!!! With the TOM my weight is a bit haywire....up two pds from yesterday...but hope to see the glorious number next week.
Who knew seeing a number on a scale could get you so excited!!!!

Everyone have a wonderful holiday weekend. Stay strong!!!
Old 07-02-2010, 02:14 PM   #351  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicjul View Post
Hope you all enjoying your day off !! I have been MIA as this weekend is my brother in laws wedding, looking forward to it but cannot wait until it is over.
Thanks for stopping in! I hope the wedding goes great

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
Weigh-in #4 today! Looking forward to it.

NSV: I got into a pair of size 16 dress slacks this morning that I have not worn in three years!

Who cares what the scale says today. I am moving in the right direction!

Congrats to everyone on your successes this week. Keep up the good work.
WOOO HOOOO! Congrats on the new size!

Quote:
soooo after all the measuring stuff, I am a medium built woman nice to know that after a few decades of being one. that said some table is telling me that I should be between 118-132. After discussion with a very tequila drunk partner last night, it was decided that I either need to grow taller or stay with 130.

btw I am the token 40 year old woman from proper seattle area; I think I am actually the only one
Sounds like you have a great partner! 130 will be just perfect! And, you aren't 40ish woman on the board dear! I am sure several of us will speak up! I am 41 as of this past March. That is something I am keeping in mind too. I weighed 125 at my lowest as a late teen and I was really athletic, several hours a day and in competition, back then! I think it is perfectly fine if I don't look 18 again but, I must try to look the best 40ish that is possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAB3319 View Post
Ok I Have Been Reading Everyones Post On Here For A Long Time And This Is My First Post. I Have Added A Profile Picture Of Me And My Son. The First Side Is Us On Last Years Vacation And The Second Side Is Us On This Years Vacation. He Has Been On The Diet For 15 Wks And Has Lost 70 1/2 Pds And I Have Been On 14 Weeks And Lost 43 Pds. I Still Have About 20 More Pounds That I Want To Lose And Then Will Evaluate Where I Am Then And He Wants To Lose About 30 More. Thanks For All The Encouragement, Because That Is What Has Helped Us Get This Far!!!

WOW, you both are doing so WELL!! Thanks for sharing. It is so nice you have each other as buddies to work on the program together.

Quote:
can you tell me where you are finding the nutritional facts for IP packets? Since they removed them from their website, I am having a heck of a time finding them.

thanks.
Do you want the ingredients list based on the last know formulations? Or, just the fat, carb, calories, protein stuff? I have both but it is just what someone posted based on photo copies of the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengirl49 View Post
This morning while getting ready for work...I decided to wear a belt..which I haven't done for awhile..when I tried to put it on..I had run out of holes.
YIPPEEE!!! That is so much fun! I loving being able to say, "this doesn't fit!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
I'm almost tempted to have a cheat meal for our anniversary tomorrow, but I'm still pretty darn sure I won't. I really don't want to screw up any chances of weight loss right now, and I can "celebrate" later. There's always some reason to celebrate huh?
Happy Anniversary!! I hope you have a great trip. Wonderful idea about the cooler and a really great attitude too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
Had my weigh in today and it was pretty much what I expected. Since it's TOM, my body is retaining water like crazy....I lost 1 lb and 4 inches, including 1.5 from my waist.

She said I looked "flat", lol. I told her it was because I had a sports bra on and she said no, she could see a major difference in my midsection, face, etc. and that I look like a different person. Yesterday my coworker said the same thing and even included my back in the list.

After my weigh in I went to Curves to do the zumba workout that they have on Mondays and Thursdays. Before class started, the owner pulled me over and asked if I had lost a significant amount of weight.
How exciting! That is such a boost when you hear someone say things that make you realize you are noticeably thinner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capm Papa View Post
New to IP just finished 1st week and lost 13#. First days were not fun now it's becoming second nature. I like this plan.
That is AMAZING!! 13 pounds!!! Excellent first week! Keep doing what you are doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Mama....okay, here's a REAL example of TMI, lol. STOP READING HERE, FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE EASILY OFFENDED OR HATE HORROR STORIESBefore IP I was even worse with the Big C. I actually went..stay with me now...21 DAYS without going!!!!! I ended up at the doc's because I couldn't eat without throwing up. We weighed me before and after, I LITERALLY lost 8lbs. I could no longer deny being full of S***
Calgaray!!! OMG... laughed so much! And felt so bad for you. I have gone as much as 12 days and was DYING!!! I can't begin to imagine how horrible 21 would be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
I CANNOT stay off the scale
Worst thing about working somewhere that sells IP, I swear.

GOOD news is I started Monday, was down 3 pounds yesterday, and am down a total of 4.5 today. Add in the 3 I lost last week while prepping my body for IP, and I've lost 7.5 all together

My coach/boss told me she's going to start locking the door to the IP office when she's not here so I CAN'T wiegh myself. I'm addicted. I can't help it.
Funny! If she locks it and you have a scale at home, you will become a closet scale hopper. It is hard not to be when you see how fast your body changes! Great start btw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
Sorry I have been MIA but I am purposely trying to avoid the computer as I get sucked in and do nothing else all day! (it's beyond addicting LOL)
Hi Elizabeth! I understand it is similar for me. I am trying to get on only a couple times a day now. I have quite a bit to do the next few weeks as I get ready for a vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
well I definitely caught something at my sister's wedding cause I woke up that night/morning at 4am ready to hurl but couldn't. My niece did throw up that nite too so I'm guessing that food did it to us. Thank God I did not eat much there...but have been sensitive and dealing with it since (That was June 19th) so yeah, for like 2 weeks...and you would think with that I would LOSE weight but no, it seems to have generated the OPPOSITE effect...ugh.
I guess we know now which sister had the better wedding!!! ... The one who DIDN'T give her guests food poisoning! LOL...

I am so sorry you were sick.. How awful! You are sure it isn't and IP "surprise"? Or maybe it is just getting back to the normal TOM schedule? I used to feel really horrible after I used my BC pills to shift my TOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kplus80 View Post
For zucchini pasta, I use a mandonline slicer with the julienne attachment, slice 3 zucchini, then add 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice, sea salt, pepper (can we have pepper?), and fresh basil. It makes a lot and it's pretty good - something different at least. I haven't tried cooking the zucchini, but it gets pretty soft after it sits in the oil for a bit.
I love this recipe!! I am planning on making it tonight and tossing it with some shrimp!

Would you please add it to the recipe 2 thread? I definitely want to be able to find this later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Yahoo!! I am posting this from my iPod touch. Will be able to keep in touch from Germany (if DH's cousin has wifi) !!!!
Yeah! Don't forget to you can get free wireless at many of the coffee houses there, including starbucks, so stop in long enough to say hi! I actually found wi fi in a McDonalds in Salzburg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookee View Post
6 years ago, I threw out all non-stick pans (among other things) after I experienced a "toxic overload shock" of some type where my body literally began to shut down in a neurological sense. So, we now fry in one of the following ways:
- Stainless steel pan fry with oil or butter (pancakes with coconut oil, chicken with coconut oil... all wonderful!!)
- bought an expensive ceramic pan which is non-stick by nature. Mind you, you can't use nylon utensils on it or scrub it with plastic or nylon or you will scratch the ceramic coating off.

Hope that helps! Happy Canada Day!
where did you find the ceramic pan? What lead you to it? What were other things you considered or got rid of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn5419 View Post
Had my first NSV! My department had a Potluck and I volunteered to bring the veggies. Gave them a good, fattening dip and I brought my WF dressing. Someone brought a Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake... OMG! My boss brought a piece to everyone and I declined. He got a little upset when I said I didn't want it and I said: "You don't understand, i WANT the cake, so GO AWAY!"

I felt great knowing I didn't cheat w/ all the desserts & crap that was there!

Made the Baked Tilapia tonight, very good.

I want my tracker!

Congrats to everyone in their success, off to eat some pudding!
WOO HOOO!!! FANTASTIC! I hope he got a good laugh from your retort! I will understand the "why" it mattered so much in a few weeks when he sees a much smaller you!

Quote:
In bed and freaking out about my weigh in tomorrow, what if I am not as low as I want I was 132 today but that was with gym clothes.

YOU WILL BE LOW! Don't worry or freak out. It is just a point in time. If you weighed in your jogging shoes, it added a good amount of weight there!

Let us know how you do!

OH, btw! I saw you are from Seattle! I am meeting my family in Seattle july 15 to 24 for a trip. My dad is bringing his boat up to the area for the next year or so and we are flying in to meet him and do some cruising around the Seattle water ways and San Juan islands. We will do some travel later this summer around the Canadian coast and Vancouver Island too. Then, next year, Alaska! Any suggestions for things not to miss in Seattle? I saw you partner has a boat, any suggestions for marinas?

I can't remember who but someone asked about PAM? I don't use it. I have a couple of pump action oil mist bottles (misto is my brand) and I fill it with oil (olive, or canola)... When you pump the bottle it creates the "aerosole" action to spray pans with and is much healthier!
Old 07-02-2010, 02:15 PM   #352  

Quote:
I actually agree with them fully. I had a good coverstation with coach"es" at my place today. One of them actually pulled me aside and said softly that I should stop. The other one is the one who thought last week I should shoot for 127. The one this week actually said the exact same thoughts that were in my head. She said most of the people who go to them are the ones who just want to be as thin as possible, they just want to be skinny and nothing else. She said #1 it takes forever to get there and #2 they are the ones that will fail at keeping it off because they are not where they should be. I know or am pretty sure that if I shoot for a dumb low number, I can probably get there BUT I will not stay there in the long run; so why not stay where I think is managable and just start getting stronger? I really have other things in my life that need my attention now, the fact that I have a little buldge on my tummy will NOT be my focus and it will be taken care of by crunches babay!!
o.k that was long winded and it ONLY applies to me.
Thanks for this reflexion, Pita. This really put this into perspective to me, as I'm worry my goal is not low enought. I think I'll take you example, and try to do my best to go at 130, and them, training and good food will be allright !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Bevs, I was thinking about that just before you write that !! I see everyone talking about sugar, but I don't look in the ingredient for sugar. Let's say, If I'm eating a bar from Lindora that have 7 g or carbs, and 5 g of sugar. Do I only count 7 gram of carb, and don't care about the sugars ?? I'm never looking for sugar or something, I assume that If I stay under my 25 g of carbs (40 on a restricted day), am I correct ?
Old 07-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #353  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

I had my first "real" test today.
I had a lunch date, and we went to O'Charley's.
I ordered a house salad, lettuce only--fortunately, i have ALWAYS ordered my salad with lettuce only-- and brought my own dressing, and a side of steamed broccoli.
My date, asked for rolls about 2.5 seconds after we sat down. Then he ordered fried chicken strips with a loaded baked potatoe, french fries, and a sweet tea.

I nearly killed him to get to his food, but managed to restrain myself, and made it through the meal without killing anyone, and without cheating
Old 07-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #354  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post

OH, btw! I saw you are from Seattle! I am meeting my family in Seattle july 15 to 24 for a trip. My dad is bringing his boat up to the area for the next year or so and we are flying in to meet him and do some cruising around the Seattle water ways and San Juan islands. We will do some travel later this summer around the Canadian coast and Vancouver Island too. Then, next year, Alaska! Any suggestions for things not to miss in Seattle? I saw you partner has a boat, any suggestions for marinas?
Hi,

just pmed you about them.

oh the one I recomended has newly updated restrooms and shower facility, help for docking etc too and its extremley secure, cameras everywhere etc.

Last edited by pitakitten; 07-02-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:05 PM   #355  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
Thanks for this reflexion, Pita. This really put this into perspective to me, as I'm worry my goal is not low enought. I think I'll take you example, and try to do my best to go at 130, and them, training and good food will be allright !

glad to be of help. Its interesting the place I go to, I see others come with their IP bags etc and they are all so skinny...am not kidding you, very young and thin women. To each their own and as long you are happy.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:06 PM   #356  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
I ordered some of the bars from them as well. I had ordered a bunch of stuff just to try but most of their stuff has aspertame. And I had ordered them when I was on IP before and starting to phase out. The peanut vanilla bars are the exact same as IP. what other products do you use?
I have not tried to many things from there. I use the eas advantage shakes as my substitute for IP since it is easy for me to get.
Quote:
Thank you very much!

doing it now, so by the time my vacation is over I can give them a try and just switch over. You know I need to save money so can pay for new clothes and trainer now

am getting the vanilla, moccha ready to drink and one orange drink just to see.
The caramel nut bars are exact same ones as IP. I took one out of each box, even the packaging is exact. The bars are exact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocola View Post
I have used them in place of IP, and never saw a gain because of it! Not to mention the box is almost identical!
When i first started IP the Vanilla drinks were in blue and tan boxes - the same exact boxes that Lindora uses. It wasn't until my 2nd or 3rd time getting the drinks that the boxes changed to the ones IP uses now.

Guys, other then the drinks and pudding are there any NON Restricted Items that we can substitute from Lindora?

Quote:
I had my first "real" test today.
I had a lunch date, and we went to O'Charley's.
I ordered a house salad, lettuce only--fortunately, i have ALWAYS ordered my salad with lettuce only-- and brought my own dressing, and a side of steamed broccoli.
My date, asked for rolls about 2.5 seconds after we sat down. Then he ordered fried chicken strips with a loaded baked potatoe, french fries, and a sweet tea.

I nearly killed him to get to his food, but managed to restrain myself, and made it through the meal without killing anyone, and without cheating
Okay, so you did great with the food choices... but how did the date go???

OH yes, PITA, I am 41.

Last edited by Kelsey; 07-02-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:13 PM   #357  

Taylormade Yes, we don't care about the food (well hum yeah in fact we care but..) HOW WAS THE DATE ?? That's what is interresting
Old 07-02-2010, 03:33 PM   #358  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Okay, so you did great with the food choices... but how did the date go???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
Taylormade Yes, we don't care about the food (well hum yeah in fact we care but..) HOW WAS THE DATE ?? That's what is interresting
Now now, don't you two know a lady never kisses and tells

Course, no one ever accused me of being a lady so...the date went well. It was my first date in a year and a half so I was a tad awkward Apparently, he's into that though, because tomorrow he is taking me to see Twilight: Eclipse. Not that I didn't go to the midnight release. I just wanted to see it again.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #359  

Quote:
Now now, don't you two know a lady never kisses and tells

Course, no one ever accused me of being a lady so...the date went well. It was my first date in a year and a half so I was a tad awkward Apparently, he's into that though, because tomorrow he is taking me to see Twilight: Eclipse. Not that I didn't go to the midnight release. I just wanted to see it again.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:17 PM   #360  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
good news and bad news today: WI #10= 167!! bad news is that my coach thinks that i should not go any lower than 160 and that she "doesn't want me to get all anorexic" on her.
I agree with everyone else, Erin - I know it's tempting to go thinner but that in itself is a slippery and DANGEROUS slope. I would hate for you to go down the skeletor road.

Quote:
You are wise, oh pita-wan (ok, I'm being goofy now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewis88 View Post
Month 1 totals:
-25.4 lbs
-2.25" chest
-4" stomach/waist area
-1.75" hip
-0.25" arm
-0.50" thigh
-1.6% fat
-3.9 BMI
I hope to continue like this.
You are doing FABULOUS!! Great job!!

Quote:
And, you aren't 40ish woman on the board dear! I am sure several of us will speak up! I am 41 as of this past March.
I'm 38

Quote:
where did you find the ceramic pan? What lead you to it? What were other things you considered or got rid of?
I found the ceramic pan at the Bay (of all places), but the higher end kitchen supply stores carry them as well.

Most people think I'm crazy when I tell them what changes I've made... and when I look at the list, it seems like a lot! Other changes we made in our life:
- drinking and cooking with reverse osmosis water, and will be installing a water softener in our new house that also removes chlorine (you need to be careful of Chlorine and Fluoride)
- when it comes to plastic container (food storage, drinking, etc), we only use plastics labeled with a 2, 4, or 5 (the 'safer' plastics)
- replaced all cosmetics, soaps, cleaners with 'safer' alternatives according to sites like:
http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/index.php
- no pop, artificial food colorings, minimize preservatives, no artificial sweeteners (I know, IP uses sucralose and artificial colors) (I drank a lot of carbonated water)
- never put food in the microwave (destroys nutrients) - we use a toaster over to reheat
- some organic fruits and vegetables (EWG provides a list of the F&V that are most sprayed with pesticides)
- want to do organic meat, but don't have the $$ right now
- eat more raw veggies (This diet helps with that goal)
- no perfume/cologne
- minimize pre-packaged, prepared food... do most of the grocery shopping on the perimeter of the store (natural, whole foods). This could be why my stomach has been hurting with this program - because I'm just not used to pre-packed, processed foods.
- no saran wrap (or any other plastic film)
- no canned foods (BPA in lining of can)
- portable water bottles are stainless steel (not aluminum or plastic)
- don't put hot food or drinks in plastic containers or jars (wait until it cools as chemicals can leach into your food when heated...even from the safer plastics)

That's all I can come up with off the top of my head, but keep in mind that I did this over the coarse of 6 years. Also when it comes to choosing toys for my little kids, I research what kind of materials they are made with (lots of toys with lead paint out there!) And, PVC is just not good.. the chlorine issue again.

There are tonnes of websites out there that can help get you started... like this one:
http://www.lesstoxicguide.ca/index.asp

Now, don't go thinking that I've gone all granola on you - I'm just trying to make healthy choices.

Last edited by pookee; 07-02-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Closed Thread