Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 09:43 PM   #76  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I should get a copy of my before pics. Even though I'm only going on my fourth week of IP, I still want to see.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:46 PM   #77  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6710 View Post
Fantastic Carla!!! You are doing great, and there is absolutely no doubt that it is noticible! Do you see it now that the pics are side by side?
Thank you! I had pictures taken every 2 weeks but, it was when I saw these 2 pictures together that I could see the difference for the first time. I still don't see a difference in real life. Even today, I put on a pair of shorts which were the smallest I'd been able to wear since high school, although they were quite loose, I wasn't able to reconcile that I am smaller than I have ever been.

Even when people say you are skinny, (I am not and they are polite ), I can't accept that they are speaking in terms of where I came from to now. I hear it and think "no, I am the same."

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
carla
i'm ready for a more recent pic! april 1st was awhile ago! you are A~M~A~Z~I~N~G~!!!!
Thank you! I will post new pictures after my vacation next week. I should be able to get several new photos to share!

Remember when you were excited about your bathing suit?? Well, I tried on my last bathing suit yesterday. It is the last because I've toss out all the big ones. It doesn't fit!! It is loose everywhere. I was hoping to wear it for the trip as it was a size 12 and the top fit well last time I tried it. NOT gonna happen. I will be swimsuit shopping this week it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Oh! Pictures really are worth a hundred words, aren't they? Spectacular success!!! [And I use exclamation points sparingly.]

Thank you. I appreciate that so much. By the way, I was referring to the exclamation points. I am quite expressing with my hands and voice. Somehow, I can't get away from over using exclamation points too. LOL...

I was wondering, are you a teacher, editor, or somehow very skilled with English writing skills? I notice that your structure is very clear and well done. I have even see you catch your own split infinitives. I wish I were strong with my grammar skills.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:49 PM   #78  

Height: 5'8"

carla'

omgosh, i am SO excited for you!!!!!! i have YET to buy the new swimsuit, still waering the one that i bought on my honeymoon.

sad but funny story now. i was 4 months pregnant with my son on our honeymoon(my daughter was with a not so wonderful potential husband-so i left him for the hubster). i somehow FORGOT to bring my swimsuit on my honeymoon to south padre island(which is wonderful and i encourage you ALL to go there). well fatty McPregnanters had to go bathing suit shopping and i LITERALLY started crying in the surf shop we were at because i couldn't find any bikini to work right with me- mind you i've always worn a two piece-from the heaviest to the lightest, i always have refused to wear a one piece because i FOURTUNATELY did not inherit stretch marks from my lovely mother(love her for this)

the poor saleswoman just looked at me with pity the entire time i was squeezing my butt into MEDIUM bottoms-which are basically meduim juniors bottoms-because that's all they sell in two pieces

JEEZ-did i get a wake up call then that it was time for something different-and IP was completley IT!

just had to share the story, poor lady dealing with an overweight, pregnant mess
Old 07-05-2010, 11:14 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Sheila, thank you for the link. I had already created my before and after pic, I just didn't see the paperclip, so here we go:[/QUOTE]

Wow! Great Job! You look awesome!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 07:48 AM   #80  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I was wondering, are you a teacher, editor, or somehow very skilled with English writing skills? I notice that your structure is very clear and well done. I have even see you catch your own split infinitives. I wish I were strong with my grammar skills.
Well, uh, I have a PhD in English and Theatre so I d--m well better have some skill. But I'm also mildly dislectic, so it's always an up hill battle. I thank you, so very much, for the compliment.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:02 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 145/120/115

Height: 5'4

Awesome pictures! It just really brought such a smile to my face to see how everyone made such a big change in such a short period of time! SO SO happy for all!
Old 07-06-2010, 09:57 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 208/147/145

Height: 5'7

Wow!!!!! Everyone Looks Fantastic. Love Seeing The Photo's. Keep Up The Good Work.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:54 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 217/189/145

Height: 5'5

Carla, AMAZING!!!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 03:48 PM   #84  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
carla'

omgosh, i am SO excited for you!!!!!! i have YET to buy the new swimsuit, still waering the one that i bought on my honeymoon.

i somehow FORGOT to bring my swimsuit on my honeymoon to south padre island(which is wonderful and i encourage you ALL to go there). well fatty McPregnanters had to go bathing suit shopping and i LITERALLY started crying in the surf shop....

the poor saleswoman just looked at me with pity the entire time i was squeezing my butt into MEDIUM bottoms-which are basically meduim juniors bottoms-because that's all they sell in two pieces

just had to share the story, poor lady dealing with an overweight, pregnant mess
OH my! I must say you were brave to be in a little 2 piece while pregnant. I don't think I would ever be so courageous. On the other hand, I have always been super self-conscious.

I feel so bad for you that you were stranded without a bathing suit and had to go through that experience. It isn't the easiest time in your life and, from watching my friends/sisters, you don't feel like yourself sometimes so, to had the bathing suit shopping (horrible under the best circumstances)... ARRGHHH!

I can't wait to hear which bathing suit(s) you end up with in a week or two! I am sure you can't wait to try them all on with your new, skinny body! YEAH!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Well, uh, I have a PhD in English and Theatre ... I thank you, so very much, for the compliment.
I thought so!! I didn't get that you had dyselxia but, I did realize that you had an English background. I was never very strong in that arena. I still remember doing sentence diagrams and CRYING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustBride View Post
Carla, AMAZING!!!!!
Thanks! I really made the most change in those months. I don't think I have changed much in the past 3 months. I also haven't lost much weight since then. I am trying very hard right now to get a new "burst" or change but, if things go as they have, I am about 8 pounds a month now. That seems to make it tedious and less noticeable.

ALSO, all the initial change was face and upper body, now, I am losing in the hips, butt, and legs.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:53 PM   #85  
aka, Rosie

That's right! Show it off sister! Great job! Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:00 PM   #86  
aka, Rosie

Smile

Quote:
another texan!!! so happy to have you and you look fantastic, look how much your waist has shrunk!
Hi Erin, thanks for the greeting and the encouragement. I'm sorry to admit not a native texan (air force brat), but I have been here for 35 years (well transplanted, and use y'all just like a native).
Old 07-06-2010, 09:50 PM   #87  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6710 View Post
Thank you for encouragment Kelsey. I saw your photos, they are amazing!, and I also noticed you and I are the same height, started at almost the weight, and are near the same age. I thought, "she is so beautiful, I can do this!".
Thanks for the photo bucket info. I will have to register there.
Thank you for the kind words. I've had so many others encourage me, that it's nice to know that I am now encouraging others.

Great Job ShrinkingSusie. You're losing like a champ.

Last edited by Kelsey; 07-06-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:02 PM   #88  

Height: 5'8"

WOO-HOO SUSIE!!
Old 07-06-2010, 10:46 PM   #89  
aka, Rosie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by csdclark View Post
I love seeing everyone's pictures so I thought I would share mine with everyone as well.
WOW!!! Look at you! You go girl! Great Job!
Old 07-07-2010, 01:22 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 260.5/253/140

Height: 5' 5"

Ladies, these pics are AMAZING! Thanks so much for sharing - it is truly inspiring to me as I am on Day 2 of my journey. I will keep coming back to this thread to see the changes in all of you when I am in need of inspiration!
Closed Thread