Ideal Protein Chat week of June 14 -20

You're on Page 1 of 31
Go to
  • When you engage in systematic, purposeful action, using and stretching your abilities to the maximum, you cannot help but feel positive and confident about yourself. – Brian Tracy

Here is the link to last week's thread!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...esh-start.html

Best wishes to everyone this week! May we have lots of great NSV (non scale victories) and exciting weigh ins!
  • Quote: Okay. As hubby was eating the breakfast that I so kindly fixed for him, I metioned with excitement that my fat pants were feeling a little loose. He replies smugly: "Let's not get carried away here. 5.5 pounds does not make our pants loose." I wanted to cry. Of course now as I am trying to adjust my bad attitude, I am thinking that after I meet my goal I might need to shed another 140 pounds! That 140 would be alot easier to get rid of! Say a prayer for him today! He will need it.
    haha, I feel for you, I get irritated easily when my sig.other and I talk about exercising... I play ice hockey and I just finished the dance season with two different studios, and top of that, exercising 3-4x a week with cardio and strength training... this is why i went on ID because I wasn't losing the weight just doing all that.

But going back to the 5lbs thing - to him, it may not seem a lot but I can chime in! I've got these shorts I had a couple years back and I haven't been able to wear them in awhile. I brought them with me to Mexico in April and I couldn't even bring them together to do up the button.... and now, i can! Well, I'm muffin-topping in them but I can do them up! I may have only lost 5lbs but I lost 2.5" around my waist! That's HUGE! So I vouch for pants feeling looser after 5!

OHHH! I noticed that my hockey pants are looser too! I had to pull the strap more than usual tonight keep up the protocol! Get some more walking in so you can build up the leg muscles to boot him in the behind
  • Carla:

I'm a newbie here, but watched the spiral of the first post with no way to categorize and organize it like you so beautifully did. Thanks for your wisdom and perspective.

Jess
  • Thanks to all for the support on the bad hubby yesterday. I actually said "That is okay, at least I have my chat room" when he hurt my feelings. I have to say that he did spend the rest of the day trying to recover. Almost to the point of nausea! I don't think he even thought before he spoke. Maybe he will next time. Dieting is a very personal and sensitive process. I have tried and failed so many times that I am especially touchy. I know it is difficult for a naturally thin person to understand the constant battles of a compulsive overeater. I try to accept that and keep moving forward for myself.

I WILL MAKE IT THIS TIME!
  • Morning ladies!

Just wated to pop in and say good morning before I head off to work. Im excited today because the scale finally moved. Im down 4 pounds! It seems that perhaps I finally found the right balance between my work outs and my food to stay in ketosis and still work out as hard as I am doing. There may be a light at the end of this tunnel afterall.

Doxi..Im sorry your hubby made that comment. Im glad he realized his mistake. sometimes men just dont realize the struggle or how little things can make us so happy, like being able to use a normal towel and have it close all the way around...etc. You are doing great!

Pita..I hope you are feeling better.

Mamaerin...those bars sound delicious but wayyyyy tooo much of a temptation for me. I love your new pic, you are gorgeaus!

Christina, I would never have thought to make my drinks into slushies, Im going to try the mango with the vanilla pudding..can't wait.

Jordanna,glad your levels came back ok!

Carla, as always, your posts say it all and say it the perfect way
  • Novac and Carla,
    Thank you for letting me know how to get to the new IP forum. It is awesome! I found this site by asking a question in google. Then when I signed up I couldn't find anything on ideal protein. I had to go back to google and that is how I found it. I am learning.......slowly but surely. Anyways thank you again!

Sheila
  • Hi all.... I'm baaaaaack!

I saw that I was mentioned recently on being strong but motivational...Thanks!

Hugs to all and now to undo the honeymoon damage LOL

Don't have the professional wedding pics yet but a little sneak peek is on my profile.
  • OH MY GOSH...I MADE IT THIS MORNING!!!! I AM IN ONEDERLAND...(just, but the scale said) TaDAAA 199.6 I did the happy dance all over my bedroom!!!!
  • Quote: Hi all.... I'm baaaaaack!

I saw that I was mentioned recently on being strong but motivational...Thanks!

Hugs to all and now to undo the honeymoon damage LOL

Don't have the professional wedding pics yet but a little sneak peek is on my profile.
    You look amazing in the wedding pic, so beautiful and happy, Congratulations!!
  • Quote: OH MY GOSH...I MADE IT THIS MORNING!!!! I AM IN ONEDERLAND...(just, but the scale said) TaDAAA 199.6 I did the happy dance all over my bedroom!!!!
    :congrat : So happy for you journeysend!! That must have felt amazing

And congrats to KimAnn for that scale finally moving for you - 4 lbs is great!! Good job finding that balance...I'm still working on it
  • Quote: OH MY GOSH...I MADE IT THIS MORNING!!!! I AM IN ONEDERLAND...(just, but the scale said) TaDAAA 199.6 I did the happy dance all over my bedroom!!!!
    Congrats!!! What a wonderful milestone!!
    Doing the MANITOBA happy dance for you here Journeysend !! Enjoy every minute !!
  • Journeysend: Congrats!!!!!!

DK: Welcome back. Beautiful picture, can't wait to see more.

Here's to a week in which we make good choices and support each other through the ups and downs!!
  • Great Job Jordanna!!! How have you kept motivated???
  • Showgirlaz: I love your quote!!!

I was at a Women's Rally on Sat. and they had the most amazing speaker there, she talked on the Joy of Living. She said that the way we talk to ourselves and how we treat ourselves makes so much difference in our lives.
    Every morning we should get up look in the mirror and say "Good morning Beautiful!! We are going to have a wonderful adventure in life today!!" She also said that we should look at our bodies in a positive way, to love our bodies and ourselves. It was so up lifting!!!. If you are interested in checking out her website here is the addy: www.getitdunn.ca

Hugs to all of us BEAUTIFUL STRONG WOMEN this moring!!!!

Jordanna you will join me in Onederland this week, I KNOW IT!!!!