Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 06:30 PM   #61  
Ratfancy

S/C/G: 155/155/145

Height: 5'2"

Default Okra

I just got some fresh okra (husband grimaced!), cut it lengthwise, and grilled in Forman grill. Ummm. I use non-stick foil to line the grill so I don't have to wash the grill when I'm done. I also used Mrs. Dash tomato basic as seasoning, when done a little soy sauce. Spectacular!
Old 06-14-2010, 07:01 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Lady: I hope no body shoots me for saying this BUT corona light= 5 carbs and 105 calories.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:47 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 124/124/100

I'm on week 5 of Ideal Protein and have been stalled @ 119lbs for the last two weeks. I did cheat last week Sunday, but shouldn't my body have rebounded from that by now? Also my coach said I could start working out now. I was thinking about doing 20 minutes on the elliptical/day. Is that too much or not enough? What about if I incorporate free weights in my regimen? Suggestions anyone??
Old 06-14-2010, 09:07 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 159/148/125

Height: 5.5

Okay - just made the stuffed peppers and they were SOOOO YUMMY! Here is what I did. 6 green peppers (there were kind of large) cut in half and stemmed and seeded. 13x9 in pan with a little bit of Olive Oil rubbed in the bottom. Rub the peppers inside and out with a little Olive Oil and sprinke with Sea Salt. Take a package of ground turkey (I used the kind I get at Costco) and add 1 egg white, 1 tsp Sea Salt, 3 tsp Mrs. Dash - I used the Costco Brand, 3 TBL Heinz 1 carb ketchup, and one bunch of chopped green onions. Stuff the peppers then drizzle with a little bit more olive oil and sprinkle with a little bit more salt. Bake at 400 degrees 45 minutes uncovered. Check to make sure the center gets to 165 degrees before taking out of oven. Everything gets nice and brown and stays very moist! It is like meatloaf in a pepper! My whole family liked it... I served it with a romaine salad and brown rice (for the growing kiddos).

I had 1.5 peppers which equaled about 1 cup in peppers and a turkey burger amonunt of protein.

Thanks for the GREAT idea! I LOVE THIS FORUM!
Old 06-14-2010, 09:42 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 151/133/125 (ID-June2nd)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle Sunshine View Post
Okay - just made the stuffed peppers and they were SOOOO YUMMY! Here is what I did. 6 green peppers (there were kind of large) cut in half and stemmed and seeded. 13x9 in pan with a little bit of Olive Oil rubbed in the bottom. Rub the peppers inside and out with a little Olive Oil and sprinke with Sea Salt. Take a package of ground turkey (I used the kind I get at Costco) and add 1 egg white, 1 tsp Sea Salt, 3 tsp Mrs. Dash - I used the Costco Brand, 3 TBL Heinz 1 carb ketchup, and one bunch of chopped green onions. Stuff the peppers then drizzle with a little bit more olive oil and sprinkle with a little bit more salt. Bake at 400 degrees 45 minutes uncovered. Check to make sure the center gets to 165 degrees before taking out of oven. Everything gets nice and brown and stays very moist! It is like meatloaf in a pepper! My whole family liked it... I served it with a romaine salad and brown rice (for the growing kiddos).

I had 1.5 peppers which equaled about 1 cup in peppers and a turkey burger amonunt of protein.

Thanks for the GREAT idea! I LOVE THIS FORUM!
wow, you weren't joking around when you said you were gonna try it! Your write up is way more extensive than mine so I think you should post it up in the recipe thread Thumbs up! It's great to get nearly all your veggies just by eating your protein protein!
Old 06-14-2010, 09:45 PM   #66  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

So, I went out on Saturday with friends who haven't seen me in 6 or 8 months. AND, we went to some bars.

My friends were so funny! Some did literal double takes. The girls were squealing "omg, you look so good!! You are amazing!" There were guys there I had met before that didn't give me the time of day and they were coming up, "HI... I'm (so-so), I haven't met you!!" "I was all, uh ,yeah, ya did... at the last party. " One of the hubby's, who I know well, said "what are you striving for". I said "to be a 10" His response was "then you can stop now, you are there! " AWWW. Then at the bar, I had so much fun. Lots of flirts, bad pitch lines, plenty of smiles, and a few drink offers! ME, getting drink offers, hadn't had that happen in a decade!

All of the attention felt good. It made the hassles and hard work worth going through.

Elizabeth: I loved the wedding photos! YOU were so stunning. It looked like a beautiful wedding. NOW, didn't you mention that you had a surprise for your husband that you were going to share AFTER the wedding???

Rat Fancy: I so enjoy Okra! Can't wait to try your recipe. In fact, I was at the farmers market this past saturday and picked some up so, the timing is perfect.

Stacey: Congrats on the will power! You must be so proud of yourself today knowing what you accomplished!

Sandy: I hope you get lots of people to join you for the no cheat challenge! I am doing the 10 pound, which kind of works with no cheat, so, count me in! Sorry about your situation and missing your brothers first legal drink. I am sure you can figure out how to make it work.

Emma, Rinoa, Angie: Like all of you, I had some health changes right up front. I had really bad acid stomach and with in a week it was gone and hasn't returned. I had severe joint and nerve paint and fatigue. The Dr (rheumatologist) diagnosed Fibromyalgia about 10 years ago. It DISAPPEARED. I used to have horrible hot sweats, it is gone. I had tinnitutis.. nearly gone now. I actually have days where I DON'T hear ringing. All of my blood work has shown very strong improvements in health. Even my hypothyroid activity is slowly returning to normal!

Xanthia: Great way to use the restricted! I bet you can't wait to have that salad again!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 06-14-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:51 PM   #67  

I have a turkey stuffed pepper recipe too - with pics, it's one of my families favorites, we have them 2 - 3 times a month! I'll post it on the recipe thread!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Turkey Stuffed Peppers.pdf (2.00 MB, 26 views)

Last edited by jordanna; 06-14-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:20 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 159/148/125

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I have a turkey stuffed pepper recipe too - with pics, it's one of my families favorites, we have them 2 - 3 times a month! I'll post it on the recipe thread!
Jordanna - please post! I am so in need of quick and easy recipes! And I just saw your recipe for egg crusted pizza!!!! YUMMMMM. That is next for me. (we can have the 1oz of Mozzarella in stage 1 right?).

We are off camping this weekend for Father's Day. I am bringing a bunch of Chocolate Pudding to eat while the kiddos eat S'mores. I should have ordered Davinci's Marshmellow syrup in my last order
Old 06-14-2010, 10:21 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

alrighty, I am going to make stuffed peppers, I actually used to make them all the time with grains though. I really don't like ground turkey so will try it with ground lean beef and see what happens.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:31 PM   #70  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
has anyone ever found a grate-able veggie/soy cheese? All I can find is cheese slice type veggie/soy cheese...it would be nice to have something I could grate over taco salad or in to soup or something. (I type this as I sit here enjoying my IP veggie chili taco salad, thinking boy this would taste good with cheese!)
I can't believe I missed this one. The best vegan cheese is Daiya. I used to prefer Teese, but honestly it just turns into molten lava. Daiya is much better, but I've come to a point in my life where the fake cheese just doesn't cut it for me, I'm always finding something wrong with it.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:33 PM   #71  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
alrighty, I am going to make stuffed peppers, I actually used to make them all the time with grains though. I really don't like ground turkey so will try it with ground lean beef and see what happens.
if you like a sort of grainy texture, finely chop some cauliflower, like you are making cauliflower rice, and add it to the meat mixture. I do this, add the onion and, I add some shredded, chopped zucchini, and a bit of finely chopped mushroom. It makes a filling dish.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:47 PM   #72  

Quote:
Thank you so much for the compliments on my blogs - I love writing them so it's nice to know that once in a while people read them too!

Sorry to hear you had a hard day on Sunday, at least you got right back on program today and didn't let it get the best of you. That sucks that you can't drink a beer with your brother...some people have said that vodka & diet soda doesn't effect the diet (other than it being empty calories) so I suppose it would be a good alternative
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle Sunshine View Post
(

That is rough. I had to go to a work party where everyone was drinking (I know - not the same thing) but I had a club soda with a splash of cranberry - and I mean only a splash cause I watched the guy like hawk - and a lemon wedge. It tasted really good and looked like I was just having my fav mixed drink. Just a thought to get you through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
I wonder how bad it would be to have a shot glass full of beer to celebrate? That way you can still celebrate (a little) and not feel so sad. It's so much harder to stay motivated when you're feeling down.

Does anyone know if that amount would cause a problem? Just looking for an idea to keep you happy AND on track.

Stacey
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
Lady: I hope no body shoots me for saying this BUT corona light= 5 carbs and 105 calories.

Thank you all you wonderfull girls for all those ideas but did you know what?? I MADE IT Didn't have cak*, or be*r, or w*ne or anything I'm happy about myself I'm not in ketosis because I went completly crazy, but hey, atleast, I'm back at it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
So, I went out on Saturday with friends who haven't seen me in 6 or 8 months. AND, we went to some bars.

My friends were so funny! Some did literal double takes. The girls were squealing "omg, you look so good!! You are amazing!" There were guys there I had met before that didn't give me the time of day and they were coming up, "HI... I'm (so-so), I haven't met you!!" "I was all, uh ,yeah, ya did... at the last party. " One of the hubby's, who I know well, said "what are you striving for". I said "to be a 10" His response was "then you can stop now, you are there! " AWWW. Then at the bar, I had so much fun. Lots of flirts, bad pitch lines, plenty of smiles, and a few drink offers! ME, getting drink offers, hadn't had that happen in a decade!

All of the attention felt good. It made the hassles and hard work worth going through.

Sandy: I hope you get lots of people to join you for the no cheat challenge! I am doing the 10 pound, which kind of works with no cheat, so, count me in! Sorry about your situation and missing your brothers first legal drink. I am sure you can figure out how to make it work.
Do you know what ? It's not only about your weight loss, most of the guys don't care about a little bit of ''extra-meat'', I think it's more about the way you see yourself now!! YES, you have lost weight, but more than that, What happen at the bar is just that people have seen that you're feeling good about yourself! IMO, you're probably smilling more, showing more confidence, walking with the head straight, looking people in the eyes. All those signs show a girl that's feeling good with the way she look, and that is happy!! Happyness, and confidence is the best aphrodisiac ever I'm really happy about this NSV, it's wonderfull !! Keep it up!
Old 06-14-2010, 10:51 PM   #73  

Height: 5'7"

Default Week 1 Weigh In

OMG!!!! I lost 8.8 lbs and 4.25 inches in the first week!!!!! So excited about this! I was getting discouraged because I didn't feel a difference. I still don't feel a difference, but obviously, there is a difference from last week. I am kind of getting into a groove and I like the challenge of trying to cook different things each night.

So happy and plan to continue with IP!!!! Hooray me!

Deena
Old 06-14-2010, 11:02 PM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by swensbud View Post
OMG!!!! I lost 8.8 lbs and 4.25 inches in the first week!!!!! So excited about this! I was getting discouraged because I didn't feel a difference. I still don't feel a difference, but obviously, there is a difference from last week. I am kind of getting into a groove and I like the challenge of trying to cook different things each night.

So happy and plan to continue with IP!!!! Hooray me!

Deena
Whoot woot !! Congrats on your first week ! I'm on week 3 and yup IP is AWESOME !!

Cheers
Old 06-14-2010, 11:15 PM   #75  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Elizabeth: I loved the wedding photos! YOU were so stunning. It looked like a beautiful wedding. NOW, didn't you mention that you had a surprise for your husband that you were going to share AFTER the wedding???
I did...great memory!

Here you can view it yourself... hehehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyWPcpl-wt4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jejwhwjn1Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI3oSu8f4r4

that last one was a bit messy... Mariachi apparently knew a little different version of it than I did...it's what happens when you can NOT rehearse at all HAHAHA
Closed Thread